Chapter 17- Unexpected One

Hello, My Platonic Love!

 

Chapter 17

 

Two days passed, Kris finally had a gap at lunchtime; SoEun was the first person came right up to his mind. Then Kris once again asked her out for lunch and received a yes from SoEun without hesitation.

They promised to meet at Kris’s company, which helped Kris to save much time to pick up SoEun at her bakery.

SoEun arrived to Kris’ office in time. However, Yoona told her that Kris was still with the client now inside the meeting room. At this point, SoEun sat on the couch outside the reception while waiting for Kris. Minutes after minutes, Kris’ voice echoed around the office in a rush tone, and it easily reached to SoEun’s ear.

One moment, SoEun got up from the seat and walked back into the office to meet up with Kris. As SoEun stepped in the office, she saw Kris having some conflict with his customer who seems to be fed up and Kris and his crew tried to please him chasing after him.

Getting closer and closer to Kris’ direction, SoEun realized that they having some language barrier with each other. That client was in his middle age, but he looked a bit younger than his real age. He was speaking Turkish, and Kris attempted to approach him with English.

Other than that, SoEun heard the guys next to the Turkish boss talking something bad about Kris and the company. She assumed he must be the interpreter of this meeting as Kris talked to him in Korean for translation in which to communicate with his boss.

However, his words seemed to embellish rather than mediate conflicts between the two sides. His translation was exactly the opposite meaning of what Kris said. His provocative word made the misunderstanding between them more intense.

Seeing this kind of situation, SoEun’s leg reacted faster than her mind as she rushed to Kris. She knows that she might get in their way, but that person’s intentions all too clear.

 “Excuse me Sir, I think that a misunderstanding happened between us. If it necessary, I would like to clear it up for you.” SoEun sudden presence did not surprise Kris that much, yet, things that flattered everybody inside the office much was the language that she’s using.

“SoEun si!” Kris and Shin Si Jang were completely flummoxed by SoEun as they both called her name at the same time. SoEun si, are you speaking Turkish? How did you know that language?

“Who are you? Who do you think you are talking to?” The assistant got quite freaked up at the time SoEun showed up all of sudden. Who is that girl? Is she one of the employees here? Impossible! According to my knowledge, no one in Kris’ company knows Turkish.

“Do you think my identity is important for this moment?” SoEun changed the language back to Korean while talking with the assistant. SoEun pretty sure he was a Korean, if that so, why did he make things difficult for Kris and the other.

“SoEun si is correct!!! The first priority now is to solve the problem.” Faster than Kris, Shin Si Jang spoke up to break the serious atmosphere. Few seconds later, Shin Si Jang told SoEun they don’t even know the reason that infuriated him.

“Mr. Yilmaz right? If the employees getting you upset, I’m sincerely apologize to you.” Being asked from Shin Si Jang for help, SoEun said sorry on Kris’ behalf as she bowed her head to Mr. Yilmaz where she got know his name from Shin Si Jang.

“That’s not it, the one that pissed me off is the Vice President.” Mr. Yilmaz finally spoke up after such a long time. Mr. Yilmaz’s voice gave Kris a glimmer of hope. At the moment the meeting began, he was just communicated with Kris through his assistant, which had puzzling Kris a lot.

We got a German interpreter stand by in order to make the negotiation easier for each of us. After we introduced him our translator to him, he immediately requested him to leave the conference room. SoEun si, your appearance just like a spring rain that timely helped us.

“May I ask why?” SoEun was unable to understand the word from Mr. Yilmaz; thus she spoke up to ask for the reason.

“Up till now, you guys still have not aware of your misdeeds, such an unprepared company, I don’t think this company deserve the cooperative project.” Every word came out from Mr. Yilmaz was full of disappointment. In short, he decided to leave the office as he tried to turn his back on them.

“Hold on a sec, Mr. Yilmaz! Taking such a long trip to come her for this meeting, I’m sure our company must have predominate out of the competitive companies in your heart.” Naturally, SoEun reached out her hand and stopped Mr. Yilmaz to walk away by grabbing his left arm.

Who knows, SoEun’s word successfully stopped Mr. Yilmaz moving forward, not a single step. Instead, he turned his full body facing SoEun and Kris. Seeing Mr. Yilmaz was somewhat wavered, the assistant called out his name, but Mr. Yilmaz ignored his call as he queried SoEun for her word.

“Like how? What makes you think that? Indeed, you guys granted a special privilege from me in the first place, but things did not seems to meet my expectations.”

“I am convinced that if you are willing to make an exception and let us do the presentation all over again, you will certainly change your mind.” SoEun turned to look at Kris and Shin Si Jang before having her face back to Kris’ client. After then, SoEun fixed her eyes on the assistant who now being hostility toward her and said.

“Or by any chance, your assistant might be misinterpret something because he may need time to get him used to this language since he must been stay by your side for this long time, am I right? Mr. Assistant?” Intentionally, SoEun narrowed her eyes on Mr. Yilmaz’s assistant and asked him with a innocent look on her face. SoEun’s word successfully embarrassed him since he now not the only one could understand Turkish.

Listening to SoEun’s word, Mr. Yilmaz shifted his eyes to his assistant who becoming silent all of sudden for few seconds. Then, he looked back to SoEun’s side and made up his mind. He turned his feet back to the conference room’s direction.

“I will be ask for reparation if it was a thoroughgoing waste of time. And I would like to ask you Miss to join our meeting as one of the prerequisite.” Mr. Yilmaz’s word caused SoEun smile brightly and thanks him endlessly.

“Boss!” The assistant called out Mr. Yilmaz in hope to stop him to march toward the conference room. Yet, he failed to do so as he can’t help but followed his boss to the room. Damn it!

“SoEun si, how was it going?” Being a dummy for this whole time, Kris found a chance and walked up to SoEun as he saw Mr. Yilmaz heading back to the conference room.

“Does Mr. Yilmaz give us another chance?” Shin Shi Jang’s word earned a nod from SoEun. With SoEun’s confirmation, Kris and the staffs of his company felt relieves from the tension. Kris and SoEun gazed at each other and smiles showed up on both of their faces.

Due to SoEun’s assistance, the meeting went very smoothly and crowned with success. Kris and Mr. Yilmaz shook their hands with a smile as the negotiation has came to a successful conclusion. SoEun who was standing aside Kris also wore a smile on her face.

All the staffs took an exit out of the conference room one by one. That meeting has been close to the end of the afternoon; the orange-yellow sunlit covered the sky. As Mr. Yilmaz stepped out the room, he invited both SoEun and Kris to a dinner.

SoEun would like to ask Shin Si Jang to join them since lunchtime has been a long time ago. Yet, he rejected and said he want to wrap up the project by the end of the day. Seeing this, Mr. Yilmaz also asked his assistant to get the paperwork done as soon as possible, and then he left him behind and went to dinner with SoEun and Kris.

“Mr. Yilmaz thanks for the invitation!” Kris spoke in Turkish to Mr. Yilmaz to show his gratitude for inviting him out for dinner with the help from SoEun.

“Oh, Mr. Wu your ability to learn seems quite strong!” Kris’s word surprised Mr. Yilmaz a bit. As a return, Mr. Yilmaz talked back to Kris in English, which led Kris’s eyes opening wide in shock.

“Mr. Yilmaz your English skill is not bad!” Since he can speak English, why can he just communicate with us in the first place?

“Excuse my poor grammar! My English is limited, just like your Turkish.” As the sentence ended, both Kris and Mr. Yilmaz burst into laugh. After then, Mr. Yilmaz fixed his eyes on SoEun, who sat across him and the right side of Kris.

“But Miss SoEun, your Turkish impressed me a lot! I never expected there would be someone manages this language so well in Korea. Turkish is not in popular demand in your country.”

Mr. Yilmaz changed the language back Turkish from English as he talked with SoEun. The appraisal from Mr. Yilmaz led to a smile spread across SoEun’s face.

“Thank you! Just like you, Mr. Yilmaz! As I know, there’s only minor group of people using Turkish in Germany, why would you?” SoEun heard from Kris that he was from Germany, and not much people will speak that language.

“But seems like Mr. Kris and my assistant bear grudges against each other.” The incident occurred in Kris’s company raised questions in Mr. Yilmaz’s mind about their resentment. I could tell it when I’m looking at Mr. Kris’s face and the translation came from Mr. Han gave me a totally different sensation.

“AH, Han Jun and I used to classmate in high school and college, but later on we turned to competitor on everything such as studies and even working. But it was just his unilateral idea; I didn’t mean to strive with anyone especially him.” At first, I thought Han Jun been changed his mind as we grown up. But looked like it becoming more difficult to break through the septum between us after today.

"I see!!! Then I would need to thank Ms. SoEun one more time, if not I will miss the opportunty to work with such a good company." Mr. Yilmaz picked up his glass of wine and attempted to propose a cheer with SoEun and Kris so as to celebrate wishing them a good cooperation. 

“Sorry, I have no offense, that’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it!” Putting down the wine glass, Mr. Yilmaz stunned in silence for few seconds after hearing SoEun’s question. Right then, SoEun knew that she had asked something that should not to be asked.

“No, that’s not what I mean. I’m just not sure whether you are willing to listen to the story!” SoEun nodded her head to Mr. Yilmaz to show her consent. Thereupon, Mr. Yilmaz led out a big sigh before starting to open his mouth and talk.

“My father is German and my mother is Turkish. And of course I was born in Germany as my mother moved to German after her marriage with my father. You should be thinking how does everything relate to each other. You might be right before my age of 10.”

“Prior to that time, German is my primary language and I’ve never thought I would be so hatred to this language, or maybe to the particular one.” SoEun held back her breath as she listened to the story of Mr. Yilmaz. And Kris who sat there alone likes an outsider of the dinner. “He dumped my mother and me for some other woman. After that period, I just hate this person and everything of him.”

“Since then, I only speaking Turkish, my mother’s language, and effacing the guy out of my memories. That was also the reason why that I felt upset of Mr. Wu and his staff because they made me remember that language and that bastard.” SoEun felt upset toward upon hearing the story of Mr. Yilmaz. “And my anger overwhelmed me even I know that Mr. Han my assistant setting Mr. Wu at loggerheads. I took counsel of my heart, but not of my head. Thanks to you Miss SoEun, you helped me out of that.”

“You are very welcome, Mr. Yilmaz! I didn’t help a lot.” SoEun shook her head and hands in front of her chest as not to claim credit. In the meanwhile, SoEun interpreted Mr. Yilmaz’s word to Kris and cleared up all the doubts of Kris.

Now I got it! Why he going against and rage as I introduced him the German interpreter. After dinner, Mr. Yilmaz and Kris split up by waving goodbye to each other. And then, Kris droved SoEun’s home after watching Mr. Yilmaz’s car vanished.

“Thanks for the help today!!! You surprised me when you walk up to Mr. Yilmaz and communicate with him using Turkish. How you know that language? It had been twined in my mind for a while.” Inside the Kris’s car, he thanked SoEun’s for the timely help and threw out the question that bothering him at the time SoEun showed up during the conflict.

“Ah, I learned that from my ex-boyfriend.” The voice of SoEun sounded a little exhausting. Both of her arms wrapped around her belly as she gave out her answer to Kris’ question.

“What? Is it?” Some inexplicable displeasure feeling attacked Kris’s mind after the word ‘ex-boyfriend’ coming out from SoEun’s mouth. However, he didn’t perceive why it troubles him a bit. Meanwhile, Kris recalled the scene SoEun cried in front of him after breaking up with her boyfriend. Does she really in love with that, what was his name? MyungSoo?

“That MyungSoo guy, isn’t he Korean? How does he know Turkish?” Without notice, the word slipped through Kris’s mouth with sourness mixed in. His grip on the wheel got strong all of sudden.

“What? I’m not talking about the MyungSoo oppa; it was other oppa before him. MyungSoo oppa’s specialty is photography.” As times flied, SoEun grimaced in uncomfortable as she talked with Kris. She rubbed her stomach with her right hand in which to attempt relieve the pain.

“What? Why do you know so many guys?” Once again, SoEun’s word undoubtedly startled Kris as he shouted. So SoEun si, you got someone before that MyungSoo guy? You surely popular with guys, weren’t you? And that guy Tao from your bakery, he seemingly protective of her as well.

“Em~~” Meeting with Kris’s ridicule, SoEun moaned in agony instead of answering in protest. Her groan caused Kris turned his head to the passenger seat and he saw SoEun huddled up on the seat.

“SoEun si, what happening? Why your face was contorted in grimace of pain? Are you okay?” Kris stepped the brake pedal hardly and the car stopped with a big noise as the tire created friction with the railroad suddenly. 

“Does there contaminated food from that restaurant? Don’t tell me that you are food poisoning?” Nervous waved over Kris as the painful expression of SoEun popped out in his mind. What should I do now? Yeah, we need to go to the hospital now. Then he looked forward and headed to the nearby hospital.

At this moment, SoEun was unable to speak up for herself in her present condition. As a result, Kris brought SoEun and himself to the hospital. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god!!!! I've been finished another chapter for this story and updated it as well. I just finished one of my paper that due this Monday. And I got few days free to work on the story writting due to hoilday break. Here, I would like to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving who celebrating this hoilday. If for someone who doesn't celebrate it, still wish you guys a happy week. Second, I hope you guys will like this chapter. I know this chapter doesn't have much lovey-dovey stuff, but things need to proceed step by step. And I promised that it will be something lovely happen next chapter, so hope you guys wait for me. Please leave your comments below to tell me about how do you like about this update, see ya all!!! *muah*love you guys