Chapter 22- Her fault? Her care?

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 22

“Kris si!” The voice came out from SoEun trembling and cracked as soon as Kris’s face reflected into her pupil. SoEun couldn’t believe what she saw. What’s happened to your face, Kris si? “Your face is all red, I mean inflamed. Are you okay?”

“What?” Hearing the word from SoEun, Kris himself even shocked from it and got up from the floor immediately as well as SoEun. At first, Kris thought that it was the embarrassment of his ert idea causing his face to get red, but the following words from SoEun made him realizing that was totally a different thing that SoEun talking about.

“How can that be?” Quickly, Kris checked his face from the reflective wall decals in the living room with SoEun be his side who also looking at the reflection with him. SoEun si was correct, what happened to my face? Why the skin all irritated? “I didn’t consume anything that make me a skin rash.”

“Kris si, as you say, do you have food allergy?” Standing next to Kris, SoEun made this conclusion based on her analysis of Kris’s word. Other than that, I couldn’t find any reason to explain his skin condition right now.

“Yeah, I did. I have an allergic to crustaceans. But none of this contains in my meal today. I don’t even know why.” Without any clue, Kris was sinking into confusion, as he was unable to find out the reason causing him allergic while SoEun giving out a totally different expression compared to Kris.

“He-he-,er, Kris si. I forgot to tell you about the dish I just cooked for both of us called ‘Fresh Wild Mushroom & Scallop with Spaghetti in Lobster Cream Sauce’.” Helpless and guilty were all we can hear from SoEun’s tone at the time she confessed to Kris not long after finding herself the culprit of the incident. In the meantime, itchiness explored the whole face of Kris who was taken aback momentarily.

“What?!” Kris can’t help but cried in shock as soon as Kris hearing the word from SoEun. He couldn’t believe his ears; however, he recovered swiftly. He then asked SoEun to accompany him to the hospital. Due to responsible, SoEun immediately brought both Kris and her to the hospital without any thinking since she realized that allergy can cause death.   

“Mr. Wu, here is the prescription for you, take it three times a day for three days. And the cream here is for you to apply on the spot every time you feel itchiness. Do not scratch in case of not leaving any scar on your face.”

“Excuse me, I would like to ask does he need to take the medicine on empty stomach or not?”

SoEun, who were not the patient, was asking for the direction of the prescription instead of Kris himself. It probably because of the guiltiness drove her getting into a flap than Kris. She was the creator of the incident after all. Kris si was allergic to seafood; I will bear it in my mind now and then.

“Let me see! For this one, you need to take it 30 minutes after eating. Please make sure to finish it in the following three days as it prescribed in which to fully cure the condition.”

Once again, SoEun nodded her head to show her understanding instead of Kris. Other than that, she took the medicine from the nurse and said thank you before leaving the hospital with Kris.  

“So Kris si, have you listened to the word from the nurse? You have to take the medicine with food, so please don’t skip any meal as you did as usual. I assume that you wouldn’t want to keep that red face with you any longer right?" On the way to the parking lot, SoEun warned Kris to take the medicine and meal regularly.

“I did not intend to skip meal, but work just got in the way. I have no choice, that are for our business.”

“Kris si, come think about it, if you fail to take care of your health, how can you manage your company in the future. It’s understandable that profit is important for every businessman, but moreover, one’s health should goes first no matter what.”

“What if you got sick, then how can you still build the business. The next three days, I will prepare meal for you and we will eat it together. Got it?” SoEun’s words gave Kris no way to refute. The worry and concern from SoEun brought the warmness to Kris’s chest with no reason.

 

The next day

After freshening up, Kris applied the cream on his face to reduce the redness with the anticipation fills up his heart as he was waiting for SoEun to have breakfast with him. Yet, as working hour came close, Kris still haven’t’ seen the appearance of SoEun nor received any call from her. At this point, Kris headed toward to the company with disappointment.

Inside his own office, Kris absently worked on the document in front of his desk as he sunk into thoughts. SoEun’s name and face filled up Kris’s brain. Kim SoEun, how can you go back on your word? You were the one who made the promise, but then you broke it just in one night.

Or probably the promise and things between you and me were not as significant as you with Park Chanyeol? Am I just the only one who taking your word seriously? And you are not with me?

As questions rising, some knocks came from outside Kris’s office brought him back to reality. Without surprise, the person who walking closer to the desk was Kris’s biological uncle, Shin Si Jang. But for this time, something unusual happened today. The thing that Shin Si Jang gave to Kris was not any paperwork, but a breakfast.

He perplexed Kris as soon as the take out breakfast meal came into view. In order to clear his doubt, Kris opened his mouth and asked for explanation of his uncle’s unusual action without hesitation.

“SoEun si gave me a call this morning and asked me to get you some breakfast because you have to take medicine. She got something to handle this morning, and that was why she asked a this favor.”

“I’ve been curious about this, Kris? What happened to you? Taking medicine? What goes wrong with your health? And why does SoEun si know it instead your biological and close uncle me?"

“What? Nothing, I was just accidentally intake some seafood last night and suffered a relapse as a result. She was with me last night, and we went to the hospital together. That was the reason why she knows it before you did.”

“Ah, no wonder I feel something different on your face. *Hiss*, you’re used to careful with the food that you consume ever since you diagnosed that you have food allergy. How can you be that unawareness this time?”

“I realized my own problem did not mean that Kim SoEun know it. She made the dinner and the lobster meat cooked together with the sauce, that was why I missed it.” Speaking with his uncle, Kris opened the plastic lid of the breakfast box and took a peek on the food. It was a traditional English breakfast including bacon, sausages eggs and a variety of other cooked food.

“Why there are hams instead of scrambled egg?” However, the scrambled egg was nowhere to be seen, but then there were some slices of hams as replacement.

“That was SoEun si’s special order for you. You are not in the condition to consume any egg.”

“Alright Kris, don’t waste your time on asking question. I was commissioned by SoEun si to supervise you finish up your meal and take medicine.” Shin Si Jang rushed Kris to eat up his breakfast by saying so, and then he would be able to go back to work.

“No, I’m not in mood to have breakfast today.” Without hesitation, Kris refused to eat and made difficulties to his uncle.

“Kris, don’t make your uncle lose the trust of others!” At this moment, the phone inside Shin Si Jang’s suit jacket vibrated indicating someone calls in. He took out the phone out his pocket and realized the caller is SoEun.

“Shin Si Jang, how was it? Have Kris si came in yet?”

“SoEun si, yeah! I was with him right inside his office, but he refused to eat.” Betraying Kris, Shin Si Jang told SoEun the situation happening right now. Hearing this, SoEun asked Shin Si Jang to hand the phone to Kris.

“Ok! Kris, SoEun si got something to say to you.”

“Kris Wu, how many times do you need to remind and tell you? You are not allowed to take the medicine on a empty stomach, other than that, you have to have it three times a day. Are you really wanted to have the symptoms to recur? ” Before Kris speaking up, SoEun ran her words together as soon as Kris’s voice sent through the phone.

“How about you? Seems like you are the one who suffering amnesic syndrome. If I recalled correctly, you are the one who made the suggestion to prepare meal for me. But then what does it end up? You were nowhere to be seen.” From the tone, it could be easily to tell that Kris are now playing the role of kid who was buttering up SoEun childishly for her disappearance by refusing to have meal.

“I have my own reason. We received a provisional order in this morning, and there has no point for me to leave Appa alone to bake five cakes all by himself.”

“So if you hate to eat that much, then there will be unnecessary for me to make you lunch and dinner today” Hearing this, Kris interrupted SoEun in the mid of her sentence without thinking and immediately obeyed to SoEun’s will by saying so.

“I didn’t say that. Hope you won’t be goes back on your word this time. See you soon this afternoon.” Ending the call, Kris gave Shin Si Jang back his phone, slides the breakfast in front of him and enjoyed the food with a smile spreading across his face which caused Shin Si Jang wondering what have SoEun said to Kris.

 

Two days later

“How was your face today? The cream was truly effective, your redness was now all fade away.” SoEun put down the lunchbox on the top of Kris’ working desk as she talked with Kris. Things between two of them became more natural than usual. Their relationship has improved seemingly comparing to their tit for tat from the beginning.

“I prepared you some porridge for today. Try it and tell me how it tastes.” SoEun placed the bowl in front of Kris, and she slightly titled the thermos bottle to keep the porridge warm to the bowl for Kris. Suddenly, an incoming call from SoEun’s phone stopped her from her action.

“Wait for a moment!” SoEun apologized to Kris for the disturbing; yet, Kris shook his head in reply and took over the thermos bottle in which to let SoEun to pick up her call more easily.

While SoEun spotting the caller ID, an unexpected feeling filled up her mind as she trying hard to calm down herself in secretly. SoEun cleared before tapping on the answer button.

“Hello?!” Words did not come to SoEun at the time she picked up the call. The only thing that enabled her to think about was the greeting. During the whole conversation, SoEun played the role as the listener and all she able to do toward the talk was nodding her head as reaction until a sudden invitation offered to her from the caller.

“What? Right now?” SoEun took a glance over Kris who sitting next to her and enjoying the lunch that SoEun made for him with an awkward expression. Beside that, the scream from SoEun came to attention of Kris as he stopped the eating and turned his head to his left side. Concern was all you could be found on Kris’ face; yet, he had no intention to disturb SoEun from what she doing now.

“Okay! I’ll come right away, see you there!” Clearing all the worries from her head, SoEun accepted the invitation from the caller and ended the call. It was actually a lunch invitation offering by Chanyeol. During the conversation, he said something about the party he mentioned before. Shortly, he asked SoEun out for lunch and would like to talk about the issue in details without knowing SoEun already prepared lunch for herself.

“Kris si, if you don’t mind, can you do me a favor? Something just comes up and I need to take my leave now. When you finish the food, do you mind to help me clean it? I will come to pick it up maybe tomorrow.”

“What? Why so sudden? Is it something urgent? Anything that I can help? Do you need me to give you a ride?” Kris cannot help but to generate anxiety after seeing the feverish haste from SoEun. Who’s the one calling her? And what does he or she talked to her that making her in such a hurry?

“That’s alright! I can handle it myself; you should’ve finished your meal for your own good instead of worrying about me. I’ll see you tomorrow!” SoEun hurried herself to tidy up her lunch and got out of Kris’ office. However, the consequence of the rush was having a bad memory. While she packing up her lunch, she has been forgetful to get her phone after putting it down.

“SoEun si, you forgot your phone!” Kris called out for SoEun as soon as he noticed the phone still on the top of his desk. Yet, it seemed to be late for that. At the time Kris looked up from his desk, the whereabouts of SoEun was nowhere to be seen.

“What if something happens on her way to her destination? She wouldn’t be able to call for help without her phone.” Considering the safety of SoEun, Kris left his lunch behind and dashed out to his office door to catch up with SoEun. Not matter how fast Kris was; it was still a little late for him. When he exited the building, the scene of SoEun crawled into the cab came into view.

As intelligent as Kris, he flagged down another cab to chase after the one SoEun ride. As Kris looking around the route the cab passed, curiosity started to grow in Kris’ mind. Where will be her destination?

Soon after, the cab brought Kris to the restaurant they visited last time with his mother, where the story of SoEun disclosed. The final destination proved that he making a correct guess. Moreover, another question popped up to Kris’ mind. In order to make thing crystal clear, Kris tightened his grasps with SoEun’s phone inside his palm.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I am truly sorry for disappearing for more than half a year. Hope none of you guys have any intention of givning up on my story. *sobbing* *sobbing* I feel nothing but only sorry for you guys!!! I'll try to make this up and work hard for this week to update one more new chapters again after this update over the weekend. Please accept this compensation for that!!! Anyways, let talk something about the chapter. I know that I disappointed you guys by not making Kris and SoEun shared a kiss. But it might seems awkward for SoEun to kiss some other guys while she still got feeling for Chanyeol as you guys could see from the last few updates. I'm still in the process of developing the relationship between Kris and SoEun and letting SoEun to fall for Kris in the future. But before that, have you guys noticed that Kris now felt something different toward SoEun? Next chapter, Chanyeol will have a confrontation with Kris. and will it a good thing or bad thing? Well, let keep you eyes on the next update!!! See you guys all soon!!! 

THANK YOU & LUV U ALL