Chapter 11- Together on the Moment

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 11

 

The night came after the sun set down to the horizon, SoEun and Kris finished their candle light dinner arranged by Kris’s mother. Supposedly to be a sweet dinner, it getting spent over in a silence by Kris and SoEun.

 

On their way back to SoEun’s apartment, SoEun sat on the passenger’s side and spoke up out of blue, said “Do you want to have the green tea cream puff, Kris si?”

 

Kris who had concentrated on his driving, switched his attention to SoEun’s side after hearing SoEun’s question. Kris glanced at SoEun’s at once and looked back to the driveway, puzzled “Huh?”

 

“You are not impressed the desert served by the restaurant, don’t you?” SoEun affirmed her sentence by saying so as she observed the expression of Kris during the dinner. Not many men can accept that sweetness, especically him. 

 

“Em...Sure. If you don’t mind.” Kris said casually as he nodded his head and had both his hands on the wheel. Even so a straight-faced showed on Kris’s face, but a glimmer of joy surged forward at his heart.

 

 Done with the shopping for ingredient, Kris brought SoEun to his condo to make the cream puff. As a pastry chef, SoEun was in charging the baking process and Kris worked as her assistant. SoEun slide in the tray full with cream puff shells into the preheated oven.

 

Waiting for the shells baked until golden brown, SoEun mixed pudding mix, cream and milk together. SoEun had her hands busily working on the mixing bowl, she asked for an extra hand from Kris, said “Kris si, can you give me the green tea powder? It was inside the grocery bag.”  

 

“NE? Oh, hold on a second.” Kris nodded without realizing, yet he still went to search for the stuffs SoEun demanded. Few seconds passed, Kris took out a small green box with an unsure face while passing the box over to SoEun, asked “Are you asking for this?”

 

Kris’s voice sounded near, SoEun slightly lifted her head up, and had a quick look on the box Kris was holding, replied “Yeah. Thanks you!” Saying so, SoEun stretched out her left hand to get the green tea powder while her fingertips brushed Kris’s fingers which trembled Kris a bit, but SoEun didn’t notice it and continuously focused her attention on the mixing bowl.

 

SoEun covered the green tea custard mix with the plastic wrap and refrigerated it while waiting for the cream puff shell to bake. During the period, SoEun and Kris looked at each other boringly, and SoEun broke the ice between them as she asked “Kris si, I still have another cream puff recipe, do you want to try it next time?”

 

“No!” Kris rejected SoEun’s offer without thinking. Kris’s face became serious like usual and said “I just like the green tea one.”

 

“But that one is made with dark chocolate caramel. So it won’t be sweet.” SoEun attempted to persuade Kris to try the new recipe idea she just figured out. “So why not try once?”

 

“No. I said no.” Kris covered his ears unwillingly to listen SoEun’s convince childishly and said “I just want to eat the green tea puff, I only like that one. Nothing can replace it.”

 

“OKAY! OKAY!” SoEun nodded as she gave up to prevail on Kris to try her new recipe, then she crossed her arms in front of her chest, said “I did not expect you are such single-minded. Hmm… Then I am wondering will you be constant in love?”

 

“What?” SoEun’s question amazed Kris for few second. He never thought of this kind of question will be asked. Before Kris was able to speak out his response, someone rang the doorbell which caused SoEun and Kris titled their head to the door.

 

“Who it will be? At this late of time.” SoEun asked with her eyebrows furrowed as she perplexed at Kris who shrugged his shoulder and brought his feet to the door. Kris replied the doorbell as he twisted the doorknob and the door unlocked itself. The person stood outside the condo surprised Kris has his eyes and mouth widely open.

 

SoEun followed Kris’s step and curiously asked him who is came to visit, said when her feet stepped next to Kris “Who is this? Kris si.” SoEun placed her eyes on the door, and shouted in bewilderment “Auntie! What’s going on?” SoEun’s sight moved down to the luggage Kris’s mother held in her right hand.

 

“Kris ah, SoEun ah!” Kris’s mom swooped to Kris and SoEun and hugged them with both of her arms, said with a cry tone.

 

“Umma, what happened?” Kris was also felt puzzlement toward his mother’s action when the time SoEun released the elbow from Kris’s mom and frowned in concern, added “Auntie, do you feel alright?”

 

“There are a bunch of ants inside the room.” Kris’s answered Kris and SoEun’s question in a frighten voice as she recalled the incident.

 

“What?” SoEun and Kris yelled out their surprise at the same time, then they exchanged eye contacts with each other. Kris narrowed his attention to his mother with a perplexed expression, asked “Umma, what do you mean by that?”

 

“My room had a thousand of termites inside it. How can I rest there when it was full of those scary insects?” Kris’s mom restated her sentence in purpose to let Kris and SoEun acknowledged her situation. “I think I need to stay overnight at your place tonight, Kris.”

 

“What?” His mother’s word was just like a thunderbolt which shocked Kris with unbelief. Is it that simple? Your purpose, Umma. Why do I have a trepidation twirl into my mind? “Umma, but I think our house have plenty rooms that you can sleep on. If there only your room had the termites. Right?”

 

“No, Kris. I cannot imagine that scene if I keep on stay in the house. Don’t worry, Kris ah. I’m gonna stay over one night.” Kris’s mom insisted on her decision continuously. “I know today is Valentines. Your mother is a tender caring person. I won’t disturb you guys. I will lock myself inside my room.”

 

“What?” Kris’s mom was really stunned. That was the third time she caused Kris and SoEun yelled out in astonishment. SoEun and Kris looked at each other silently, we didn’t plan to do anything further after finishing with the cream puffs.

 

“This is my first time to live at your house, Kris.” Kris's mom ignored the frozen Kris and SoEun and wandered around to check out Kris's condo. Her cry tone disappeared and now was the excited mood showed on her face instead. “SoEun ah, do you mind to show me around?”

 

“NE?” SoEun once again burst out her disbelief. She rolled her eyes at Kris's mother without making any moves. What should I do? This was my second time be at Kris's house. The kitchen was the only place that she mostly visited when she came here.

 

Fortunately, the cream puffs inside the oven timely finished, a 'ding' echoed around the house. “The cream puffs!” SoEun cried out as she rushed to the oven.

 

Seeing SoEun's action, Kris made a decision to be the tourist for his mother, said “Umma, let me bring you to put down your stuff.” By doing so, Kris dragged his mother by her elbows to the guest room.

 

“Umma, tell me. What is in your mind? Why are you here all of sudden?” Kris immediately queried his mother about her suddenly presence while they arrived to the guest room.

 

Outside the guest room, SoEun was busy herself inside the kitchen by piping the pudding mixture into the cream puff shells, but somehow she turned her head to the guest room few times with a worry look.

 

Back to the scene of Kris and his mother, Kris's mother composedly zipped-open her handy luggage and took out her pajama at the time answered Kris's questions, said “You are the one that I was thinking of inside my mind.”

 

Kris's eyebrows doesn't seem to be relieved to his mother's response. Yet, Kris's haven't done with her reply as she continued “I was outside your condo the whole night.”

 

“What?” How many times you are trying to make me shout out like this tonight, Umma? I don't think my heart will be able to endure that much surprise from you.

 

“I'm sure that you won't be ask SoEun to stay over tonight. Am I right?” Kris's mom asserted her statement so as to confirm her thoughts by asking Kris about his intention.

 

“Huh? I...err...” Kris stammered for a second. He surely didn't think of this kind of thing. Besides, he and SoEun weren't real couple. How can he offer SoEun to stay overnight?

 

“That's why I am here for you.” Kris's mom outguessed her son's mind bluntly. “Umma know that you might be to embarrass to ask SoEun for it. So, I'm here to help you.”

 

“Umma!” Kris helplessly called it out. As Kris's mom said, a pinkish crawled to Kris's cheek.

 

Seeing her son's reaction, Kris's mom chuckled as she hit Kris's elbow with her elbow, said “Come on and go.  SoEun is waiting for you outside. Umma need to take a shower.”

 

Hesitantly, Kris stepped out the guest room and headed to the kitchen. SoEun sat on the counter inside the kitchen boringly spotted Kris coming out from the room, she stood up from the seat and said “The cream puffs are ready to eat. I need to go now, it really late.”

 

While SoEun saying so, she planned to grab her bag which lay on the couch and leave the house, yet Kris hastily blocked her way by separating his arms as he said “I don't think you can leave tonight.”

 

“What? What do you mean by that?” SoEun frowned as she asked Kris about his words confusingly. Why can't I leave? It was almost 11 now. SoEun took a peek on the clock hanged on the living room.

 

“You might need to spend your night here.” Kris explained to SoEun about his mother's intention. SoEun's eyes widened in surprise.

 

Having the same feeling as SoEun, Kris understandingly declared “I know you are in shock now. Me too. But I cannot help, if you leave now, my mom will figure out our forged relationship.”

 

“Alright!” SoEun readily agreed with Kris to stay over at the explanation from Kris. Honestly, this was the first time she sleep with a guy excluded her father, but we are not real couple. The intention behind this scheme solely just as cover up. He won’t be take any advantage of me, right?

 

Completely stunned with the alacrity of SoEun, Kris was too shock to utter any words and sinking deep in thoughts. A streams of mysterious feeling swirled to his spine. Awareness stuck up inside Kris’s mind.  As a girl, she should be opposed toward my suggestion, isn’t it? Isn’t she be too confident on me or is there any adverse purpose existed?

 

At questions kept on filling Kris’s head, the first night together with SoEun started to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,  I successfully finished my chapter 11, thanks god!!! So hope you guys will enjoy this surprise incident between Soeun and Kris. I have two midterm coming up this following week, so probably will be able to update a new chapter a week after this, which I hope you guys could be patient and wait for my new updates!!! Again, comments sincerely welcome so don't hesitate to swipe your fingers on the keyboard and leave me your precious and favorable comments, thanks guys!! Hope you guys all have a nice weekend and enjoy the story! I'm already replied the comments on the comments section, thus, I won't answer them right here. If who hasn't see my response, click the 'replies' next your comments column, then you will see it. Bye guys!!