Chapter 9- Little Surprise?!

Hello, My Platonic Love!

                                               BGT1191_Browning_Silver_Heart_Necklace_6

 

While SoEun washing the dishes inside the kitchen, Kris came back inside the house from sending his mother to car where standby outside Kris’ condo. Kris closed the door and had his eyes on the kitchen, he silently walked to SoEun’s side and poured a glass of water to drink as pretending; so as to question SoEun about the thoughts in her mind to fulfill his curiosity.

 

Sensing Kris’ presence aside herself, SoEun naturally asked Kris while her hands were busying with the dish wash, said “Your mom left already?” SoEun’s eyes didn’t make any contact with Kris.

 

“Yeah.” Kris shortly answered SoEun’s question and a silent atmosphere enveloped the entire house. Kris hesitantly to burst out his questions, he drank up the glass of water and took a deep breath, asked “How do you know that?”

 

“What?” SoEun stopped her hands from working and turned her head to Kris’s direction with few question marks popped out from her head, queried “Are you talking to me?”

 

“Of course! Do you think there’s anyone in this house?” Kris madly replied to SoEun’s question with his right hand’s index finger pointed around the house. Kris felt totally impotent rage with SoEun’s sudden ignorance. Kim SoEun, you are seriously….elusive person.

 

SoEun looked around the room, but still felt frustrate with Kris’ intend, and she said “So? I was unable to get what you want. What do you mean how can I know? Know about what?”

 

“How do you know about my mom’s desire? How do you know that will be the answers she plead for?” As SoEun’s request, Kris made his statement once again to let SoEun clearly get his meaning.  “You seemingly caught her heart.”

 

“Hehe…Really? That was just a guess.” SoEun threw out an unbelievable smile to Kris while she responded to his questions.

 

“What? A Guess?! Don’t trying to fool me. Tell me.” Kris had a disbelief expression toward SoEun’s reply, you think that I am idiot, Kim So Eun? “I know that will be more than that.” Kris eagerly stared at SoEun who was washing the dishes as before.

 

“*sigh* Are you surely her son? Who is she? As a President from a prominent fashion company, she should be read person innumerable and she clearly acknowledged that this is materialistic and realistic world where no one would be willing to suffer losses, especially for girls.” SoEun desperately put down the sponge and the plate that she held it and turned her body fully to Kris’s side, and said “A woman's best protection is a little money of her own, don’t you know that? So instead of getting debunked by her, it is better to disclose my word in order to leave a good impression.”

 

Now, not just Kris’ mother, but also Kris got impressed by SoEun after hearing her remarks and at the same time, a question built up into Kris’s mind, and asked in curious “Then according to what you’ve say, you will be a worships girl? Kim So Eun si.”

 

“Huh?” SoEun fixed her eyes on Kris after listening to his question, then SoEun smiled brightly at Kris, answered “Yes, I could be. No one would despise money, me either.” I don’t think there will be someone who dislike it, right? “That would be nice if you’re really my boyfriend Kris si, then I will able to buy or do anything I want. Isn’t that great?” However, SoEun just tried to tease Kris by making this joke, yet, who knows that Kris sincerely took this as SoEun’s true feeling which had worsen the impression of her.

 

Having no sharp eyes, this time SoEun was razzing Kris about his answer scheme, said “Additionally, your answer key will certainly become a failure to your plan. I can tell that why you are still single now.” SoEun can’t hold her laughing after finishing the last sentence which earned a yell from Kris. “YA!” Expectedly, it will only made SoEun laughed harder than before. In this way, their night was surrounded by SoEun’s laughter and Kris’ anger.

 

A few days after the dinner meeting with Kris’ mother, both Kris and SoEun thought everything were settled; yet, they’ve never thought a phone call can made them at a loss. Kris’ mom got SoEun’s number from her brother, Shin Si Jang, and made a call to SoEun.

 

“♪♪♪♪♪♪” A familiar ringtone sounded inside SoEun’s apron pocket, SoEun placed the last slice of cake inside the bakery fridge and she slide the door of the fridge closed before she picked up the phone call. SoEun glanced at the phone screen where an unknown number showed up, and SoEun pressed the green button to answer the call, said “YEOBOSEYO!”

 

“Hi, SoEun si? This is me. How have you been?” Kris’ mother voice passed through the phone and sent to SoEun’s ear with her exciting tone.

 

However, SoEun didn’t recognize the voice that was Kris’ mother, so she carefully said to the caller “Sorry Madam! May I ask who is calling?” SoEun was only be able to identify the voice was belong to a woman which she looked kind of clueless from this call. How can she know my name? She might be not a stranger.

 

“SoEun ah, how hurt it will be? I am Kris’ mother. Do you remember me now?” Kris’ mother introduced herself to SoEun through the phone. “Even so we met few days ago, how can you forgot about me?”

 

“NE?” SoEun yelled in surprise which caused the customer who enjoyed their cakes inside the shop put their attention on SoEun. Realizing that all the eyes on her, SoEun slightly bowed to the customers as apology for her impoliteness. Then back to the phone call, SoEun promptly bowed her head to the air and greeted Kris’ mother in a polite way while saying to her “Sorry, Auntie. Ouch!” SoEun cried in pain after bowing her head because she hit Tao head by head who just rushed out from the kitchen when the time he heard about SoEun’s bawl.

 

“SoEun ah, are you okay? I just heard you screaming.” Tao asked SoEun with his concern voice while his hand rubbing SoEun’s forehead.

 

SoEun moved away the cellphone on her right ear slightly, and used one of her hand covered the speaker of the phone for the sake of preventing Kris’ mother heard about their talk, and said “I’m okay, Tao Oppa. Are you okay? Sorry about that.” And she raised up her free left hand to pull away Tao’s hand and gave out her brilliant smile to Tao as thanks for his concern.

 

This kind of scene can surely made others misunderstood them as a couple who both deeply care about each other. Therefore, it caused Kris’ mother who stood not far away outside the cake shop has an uncomfortable feeling inside heart.

 

Thus, Kris’ mother made her way to the entrance of the shop and she pushed the metallic handle to open the glass door. The campanula swung rhythmically in which led Tao and SoEun twisted their head to the entrance. SoEun’s eyes widened as big as possible while Kris’s mom showed up at her store all of sudden.

 

“Aunt...auntie!” SoEun called out surprisingly with a shaking tone. She rolled her eyes at the phone that she held in her hand and turned her attention to Kris’ mother who waved her phone to SoEun happily. Tao stood aside SoEun steadily and looked at the interaction of Kris’ mom and SoEun with confusion.

 

“SoEun ah, why you look so upset? Did I surprise you?” Kris’ mom attempted to help SoEun get back her conscious by saying so. “Or did I disturb something” Kris’ mother then hastily pasted her eyes on the SoEun’s and Tao’s hand where SoEun were still have her hand wrapped around Tao’s wrist.

 

Following the direction where Kris’ mom’s stopped at, SoEun realized that she and Tao were holding hand and she immediately released her hand to avert Kris’s mom to mistaken. Disappointment instantly crawled up Tao’s face which captured the attention from Kris’ mother.

 

The awkward atmosphere surrounded the shop, SoEun broke the silence by asking the presence of Kris’ mom with her smile, said “Auntie, what bring you here? Why don’t you inform me ahead? That was such a breach of etiquette.”

 

“It is okay, SoEun ah.” Kris’ mom blinked her eyes to Tao and instantly turned her sight to SoEun with excitement. “SoEun ah, do you have time now? I want to go shopping, can you accompany me?” Haven’t waiting for SoEun’s answer, Kris’ mom walked to SoEun’s side and pulled her out the shop.

 

“Err, SoEun ah!” Tao nervously yelled out with astonishment while seeing SoEun dragged away by that strange auntie. It should be Kris’ mother if known. Who she is? SoEun seems know her.

 

“Tao Oppa, please help me tell Appa that I’m out for today.” SoEun urgently asked Tao for help to notify her father about her leaving while her hand untied the apron around her waist and randomly threw it to the cashier table. Tao can’t help but nodded with understand when his eyebrows was frowning nonstop from the time Kris’ mom stepped in the bakery store. 

 

Not long after, the car dropped off SoEun and Kris’ mother at one department store. The store has two floors, which has mostly the restaurant on the second floor. Kris’ mom offered SoEun to have lunch with her before the shopping. They both agreed to a Japanese restaurant. Everything seems going normally, they’ve chatted during the eating. Yet, unpleasant thoughts kept swirling around SoEun’s mind, it must to be said a bad feeling.

 

SoEun had no clue about Kris’ mother action. During the meal, SoEun excused herself to the washroom as she made a call to Kris. On the other side, Kris picked up the call after the fourth ring, said “Who is this calling? It’s Kris Wu.”

 

“Kris si, help me!” Heard Kris’ voice, SoEun instantly asked him for help with an emergency tone.   

 

“What is this?” Kris looked forward where eyes turned away from his desktop monitor with a puzzled frown. That was Kim So Eun’s voice. What happened to her? Calling for help?

 

SoEun briefly told Kris about the sudden visit from Kris’ mother which will also cause Kris becomes more perplexed. It all because of his mom’s action, it won’t be just purely want to go shopping with SoEun. Thus, for security reasons. Kris decided to meet up with them, then he asked “Where are you guys at now? I’ll come right away.”

 

SoEun informed Kris the location that they were at, and hung up the call. SoEun washed her hands, fixed her hair, and took a deep breath before she came back to Kris’ mother. Hope everything will be okay and that was just my paranoia.

 

They finished the food and left the restaurant with fullness. Kris’ mom and SoEun walked around the store freely linking each other’s arms. In front of the jewelry store, Kris’ mother pulled SoEun to take a look.

 

“Welcome to the store!” All the sales inside the jewelry store bowed and greeted their customers with their polite smile.

 

“Hello, today is our Valentines’ Special.” One of the sales who stood near the entrance walked up to Kris’ mom and SoEun, said happily “Over there is our 2hearts collection, would you like to check it out?” The sales’ right hand pointed to her left side, where has an independent case displayed a set of jewelry consists of necklace, bracelet and earrings with the design of heart pattern in order to coordinate the holiday.

 

Oh yeah, two days after today is Valentine’s Day. So is this the purpose Kris’ mother bring me here? SoEun think it to herself furtively. Kris si, how long it still take you to come? I’m afraid I’ll overwhelmed.

 

“That’s fine. We just look around.” Kris’ mom ignored the sales’ recommendation, and just held SoEun with her arm to scan around the jewelry inside the store. Heard of that, the sales still had her pretty smile on her face said to Kris’ mom. “Please tell me if you guys need any help.”

 

Kris’ mother glanced around the glass display case, and targeted a simple butterfly bracelet where the butterfly studded with tiny pinkish purple diamond. She asked the sales to get her the bracelet, said “Excuse me, I want to try that bracelet.” Her index finger pointed on the display case, and the sales pulled open the case and took out the bracelet that Kris’ mom demanded for.

 

She carefully handed the bracelet over to Kris’ mother. Kris’ mom turned her head to SoEun and asked “SoEun ah, what do you think about this bracelet?” She held the bracelet in front of SoEun’s face.

 

She had her eyes on the bracelet, and answered with a smile, said “It’s pretty, Auntie.  It's not too eye-catching design. It won’t be very grand for daily wear.”

 

“Really? That was what I thought too. I feel that we have the same insight.” Kris’ mom said with a smile at SoEun declaration. Then she pulled SoEun’s right hand over, said “Let try it on and see if it suit you.”

 

“What? Auntie.” SoEun became out of blue with Kris’ mom’s action. The bracelet coldly buckled around SoEun’s wrist.

 

Kris’ mom admiringly looked at the bracelet on SoEun’s hand, and said with satisfaction. “It does fit you perfectly.” Then Kris’ mother passed her sight to the sales and said “I’ll take this one.”

 

Hearing Kris’ mom’s word, SoEun instantly exclaimed as rejection, said “Wait a second. Auntie, the bracelet was too expensive, I can’t accept that from you.” The fixed price on the price tag utterly shocked SoEun.

 

SoEun planned to unbuckle the bracelet clasp, but her action got interrupted by a call. SoEun and Kris’ mom had their head to the direction where the voice sounded. That was Kris moved toward their way.

 

“Umma!” Kris approached to SoEun’s side and had a sharp glance at her, but he hastily cut it off. SoEun felt thankful when Kris finally arrived and she gave Kris a smile.

 

The appearance of Kris made his mother feel disruption, so she asked Kris with bewilderment, said “Kris ah, why are you here?” She rolled her eyes at Kris and SoEun, waiting for his answer.

 

“Ah. I used to ask SoEun out to eat, but she told me that she was having lunch with you. So I made my way to join you guys.” Kris replied to his mom with an excuse for his presence that he just made up before stepping in the store. 

 

“Really? But I don’t see you receive any call, SoEun ah.” Kris’ mom changed her attention to SoEun, asked. When does it happened?

 

SoEun felt the attention was on her, so she caught the rhythm and said “Oh, that’s happened when I was in the restroom.” SoEun just glossed the truth about the presence of Kris to his mother.

 

“Ah!” Kris’ mother nodded with understanding and she teasingly turned to Kris and said “So my lovely son cannot be separated with his girlfriend just a few hours?” This easily made Kris feel embarrassed by the gazes from the sales inside the store.

 

“Umma, you’re done shopping here. Let’s go to other shops and see.” Kris suggestively said to his mother to leave this place whenever he can’t stand for the eyes there. Secondly, he don’t want his mom to be deceived by SoEun. Kris turned to SoEun and said “Let’s go!”

 

The looks from the sales also made SoEun become unease, she unbuckled the bracelet on her wrist instantaneously and nodded with Kris to follow her step after giving back the bracelet to the sales with a smile.

 

Stepping out the store, SoEun quickly ran to catch up with Kris and consciously linked arms with Kris. SoEun’s action caused Kris looked at her face with wonderment. SoEun understood his doubts and lowered her voice, said to Kris “We’re couple, remember? This is ought to be. And Valentines is coming soon, do you think that’s why your mother come to me?”

 

“What?” Kris cried out in surprise, but he tried his best to keep it low. Valentine’s Day? That was the holiday that never spent over before. “It could be! Did she mention anything?” And it earned a head shake from SoEun.  

 

“What are you guys whispering about?” Kris’ mom who walked a bit front of Kris and SoEun noticed their mumble and turned back to them, and asked. “This is what a couple will do. Kris ah, treat SoEun well, ok?” Then her head looked back forwardly, and something caught her eyes.

 

“OMG! Come on and look, Kris ah.” Kris’ mom yelled out to seize SoEun and Kris’ attention. They heard it and immediately rushed to her direction.

 

“What happen? Umma.” Kris walked to stand next to his mother and asked with puzzle expression on his face, and SoEun too. Kris’ mother pointed down to the first floor of the department store, which lead SoEun and Kris both lowed their head down to the location she pointed at.

 

“There probably a campaign to celebrate the upcoming Valentines.” Kris’ mother pointed at the stage where set up on first floor. She excited said to Kris and SoEun. “Let go to see it.” And she took SoEun and Kris’ hands with both of her hands to go downstairs by the escalator. 

 

“Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen! Are you single now or in a relationship? Do you have plans on how to celebrate this Valentine's Day yet?”    On the stage, the host said with his enthusiasm to the spectators passed by so as to catch their attention. “If not yet, then you should plaster your eyes to us. We’ll help you guys to have an unforgettable Valentines this year.”

 

The host’s words undoubtedly captured the couples’ heart around the stage, but even also the passer-by came to join in fun. Kris, Kris’ mom and I were also gathered around the circle that created by the spectators over the stage and plastered our eyes on the stage through the gad of the crowd.

 

“Alright, thanks for all your attention. Later, we're going to play a game with all the couples who want to be volunteered. This game will be testing you guys’ endurance and patience.” The host continuously to introduce his main point to the audiences around the stage. “And the winners will get the two free flight tickets provided by our sponsor, and the location is selected by you guys.”

 

“WOOO!!!!!” The host’s words stirred up everyone in a cheerful emotion with clapping their hands hardly. Feeling the audiences’ passions, the host announced to game will begin before getting picked by him “Ok, who willing to join please raise up your hand! I’ll choose ten couples to come up to the stage.”

 

“Ugh!!” The crowd erupted with dishearten while hearing that from the host. “Sorry guys! The stage has limited capacity.” The host explained as no help and apologized to others. “Ok. Raise your hands as fast as possible to show me your earnests after I count down to three.”

 

Hearing that announcement, Kris’ mom had her idea inside her heart deeply, and she said to Kris and SoEun intently. “Kris ah, go with SoEun.” Kris and SoEun stood in position with shock while Kris’ mom lifted up Kris’ hand during the period the host counted to three. “Right here!”

 

This immediately snatched the host’s attention and had his eyes on Kris, he joyfully said “Wow!!! That gentleman seems so passionate, come on then. Bring yourself and your girlfriend up here to us.” SoEun and Kris exchanged their looks with each other, it can be rest assured this is your purpose, Umma/Auntie.

 

Both of Kris and SoEun stepped their feet up to the stage reluctantly with holding hands which caused others to think how a lovely couple they are. Following by them, nine pairs of couples picked by the host were also going up to the stage behind SoEun and Kris, and all lined up next to the host.

 

“Ok, guys! The game that we are going to play later on is called ‘Kiss on the moment’” This kind of game to regular couples was not a big deal, but to Kris and SoEun, it was a big problem. They are astounded by the host’s proclamation with both their eyes shifted to the host rapidly.

 

However, the host didn’t notice this sharp glare from Kris and SoEun and kept on his lines. “Boys, let face to face with your girls in order to let our cameras capture that moment.” The nine couples followed the order and turned to their girlfriends, only Kris and SoEun paused as usual. Therefore, the host encouraged them by saying “C’mon, don’t be shy.”

 

Kris robotically moved his body to one side, and he reached out his hands to make SoEun faced to him. SoEun also stunned in silence and astonishment. After everyone done with the first step, the host once again spoke up his words, said “Ok, very nice! Now, slowly move toward her lips, leave some spaces. Don’t start until I say so.”

 

All the boy players gradually moved their heads to their partners with their happy smiles on their lips, but just Kris came close to SoEun at a leisurely pace with his heart beating crazily while SoEun was frozen in position and softly whispered to Kris who was progressing to go toward, said “Kris si, Don’t! We’ve made a commitment. Kissing is prohibited, remember?”

 

Kris make no response till the distance between his and SoEun’s lip only an inch away, said with powerless tone “No way to turn back! Mom is looking at us.” SoEun looked at Kris’ mom out of the corner of your eye and saw her anticipation face. SoEun led out a big sigh in her mind, what should she do now?

 

“Ok. One, two, three. Kiss!” The host made his countdown as his fingers signaled 1, 2, and 3. “Let see how long you guys’ kisses can last.”  After the word ‘kiss’ manifested, all the boys pressed their lips toward their girlfriends’ one. Kris mustered all his courage intimately, and pinned his lip on SoEun with both of them eyes widened open surprisingly big when their lips met as Kris’ heart pounded in his chest crazily because his first kiss was now gone.   

 

The time passed a minute after one, the oxygen among them has faded away steadily. Five minutes, ten minutes past, few pairs of the couples’ lips suddenly separated due to oxygen shortage by sharing a long kiss; thus they faced elimination. In view of this, SoEun panted to move away her lips from Kris whose face turning a dark shade of crimson.

 

“Opps! One more couple need to be disqualified. Sorry you missed our championship prize.” The host announced with his microphone in hand sadly. “Please go to the back to receive your participation gift.” Therefore, SoEun and Kris hastened to leave and go the backstage as the previous players.

 

Behind the stage, SoEun stopped her legs from walking and turned to Kris fiercely, and blamed in a lower voice. “You are way out of line! That was my first kiss, do you know it? How can you doing this to me?” SoEun harshly pushed Kris away in anger.

 

Kris was totally stunned after SoEun’s declaration. That was her first kiss, too? But she got a boyfriend before. They haven’t share a kiss yet? Again, questions twirled around Kris’ mind while SoEun wiping her lip by using her elbow in a mournful look. Kris frowned his eyebrows with agitation when he seeing SoEun’s reaction.

 

Even though Kris feel some guilty by stealing SoEun’s first kiss away, but he cannot throw in the towel and let her casually tantrums. So Kris started to fire back by saying so “That was also my first kiss too. You’ve take advantage of me too.” Kris’ sentence completely made SoEun even more irritate and decided to fight back, yet she got intercepted by Kris’ mom.

 

“Kris, SoEun ah. Why take you guys that long?” Kris’ mom accessed her way to Kris and SoEun’s direction since she haven’t see them come back after eliminating from the game. She stopped next to SoEun’s side and spotted the sadness inside her eyes, worriedly queried “SoEun ah, are you crying? What happen?”

 

“ANNIYO, auntie.” SoEun replied in denial while sniffing her nose and fanning her face by her hand to cool down herself, and she shifted her face to Kris’s mom and tried to hold up a smile. “I’m ok.”

 

“Don’t be silly. Did Kris yelling at you? It was just a game. What the big deal if you lose it.” Kris’s mom blamed her son intently in purpose to console SoEun’s emotion and her hand rise up to hit Kris’s elbow. Kris roared in pain by rubbing his right arm.

 

“SoEun ah, please forgive him. That was what Kris would be, care about winning and losing.” Kris’s mom continuously soothed SoEun in concern and asked for the forgiveness from SoEun to her son. She held both SoEun’s elbow, gently rubbed them as assuagement and walked away with SoEun in the time leaving Kris alone by himself.

 

Kris who stood in his position speechlessly realized himself got abandoned by his mother. Am I your son? Or is Kim So Eun your daughter? What on the earth this is going now? Kim So Eun si, you are sincerely powerful girl which can made my mother become that biased. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, how was you guys doing? I would like to say sorry that I was unable to update new chapter and made you guys waiting for about a month. I am sincerely apologize for this. I was out of town this few weeks, so didn't have my compute with me which I can't do the update. As a apology, this chapter must be the longest one I've updated before. Hope you guys enjoy it and write down your comments. Thanks you guys. 

 

Comment reply:

anssolov: First of all, thanks for your comment. It was surely a tense atomsphere ever. However, in this chapter, the atmosphere between SoEun and Kris's mother turned out to be merged. What kind of trouble SoEun will make? Sorry, I would like to keep it secret, you might find out in the next few chapter.

SoEunjung1289: OMG!!! While reading your comment, I was totally in surprise because you had the same idea as me. I've decided to make a special date with SoEun and Kris's mom by walking in to SOEun's bakery. What a such an coincidence. Hope you will keep on leave your comment. Thanks you. Next chapter will be Kris's turn, a date with SoEun.