Chapter 19- In Vino Veritas

Hello, My Platonic Love!

 

Chapter 19 

SoEun bought few dozens of beers and went to the nearby riverside park with Kris. Keeping company with SoEun, Kris can’t do anything but just stood there and watched SoEun drinking up the beers all by herself.

“SoEun si, what’s wrong? You’re taking more than you should be.” Unable to just stand still and look, Kris reached out his arm and attempted to snap away the beer can from SoEun. However, SoEun pushed his hand away and said it in a cold tone.

“Leave me alone! Park Chanyeol, you big bully! How can you do this to me?” Promptly, SoEun mistook Kris as Chanyeol and started to bawl out Kris. She threw the empty beer can forward as she finished the drink in few gulps on her other hand. “I know, I was wrong earlier! I took your love for granted, but I have worked very hard in compensation. You told me that I don’t know how to love someone, I have been learning during this biennium, learning to be your perfect lover.”

“*Burp* But I thought you would understand me. Not just me, but Appa has been shattered by Umma’s death. And I need to take full responsibility for it. I’ve told you that Appa will be my first priority no matters what. And you said nothing going to matter as long as you are together with me. Appa is the only parent I’ve got. How come this turned out to be the reason for you to leave without notice?”

“Now then I realized that I’ve got the same feeling as you at the time you completely disappeared in my life. But will it be too late for me to turn things back in time? And now you’ve come back with someone by your side. So does that mean I’m washout?” Being unaware, tears were pouring down SoEun’s cheeks. As reminisce replayed in SoEun’s mind, it spoiled out mood and pained her heart. Another amount of alcohol swallowed down SoEun’s throat.

SoEun being such self-abandoned, Kris felt terrible to watch. He once again stretched out his arms and grabbed the beer can away from SoEun with force.

“SoEun si, please stop it!” Using up both of his hands, Kris grasped SoEun’s wrists and separated them apart. Word came to Kris, but he got no chance to express them out as SoEun threw her head to Kris’s chest heavily as she got a hangover due to excessive alcohol consumption.

“SoEun si!?” Kris shook SoEun’s shoulder in a light way as if to get her back to conscious and make a futile effort seemingly since SoEun already passed out.

A refreshing breeze blew past, tickling Kris’s face and putting ripple in the water. Kris adjusted the position for him can easily pick up SoEun from the bench and carried her back to his vehicle. Kris placed SoEun on the passenger seat gently and fastened the seatbelt for her.

After then, a surge of emotion came washing over Kris’s heart as he stopped his eyes on SoEun’s face who been in a deep slumber. Later, Kris brought SoEun back to her unit as he carried SoEun piggyback all the way to her bedroom.

Opening the room door, Kris found out that he got the wrong room and he can’t help but turned to the opposite side and unloaded SoEun from his back to the bed then. Kneeling to the ground, Kris helped SoEun to take off her shoes before tugging her into the blanket.

Meanwhile, Kris noticed the redness on the back of SoEun’s ankle. That were the high heel we buying together last time. Looks like the shoes were too small for her size, then why does she still wearing it? Kris could remember the painful caused by it that time he walked with the high heels. Don’t you feel hurt? Or maybe such a pain like this was not a big deal to you?

Park Chanyeol? Who is he? Is he the ex you mentioned before who can speak Turkish? As questions swirling around Kris’s brain, he put down the shoe and tugged SoEun into the blanket in which to prevent her catch a cold.

Seconds later, Kris subconsciously extended his hand to SoEun’s face and got some intention to caress her face as he observed it. Yet, a ringtone dissuaded Kris from continuing in his movement before his hand reaching to SoEun’s face.

“Hello!” In order to not disturb SoEun from the sleep, Kris immediately pulled out his phone and answered it as he walked away from the bed. Kris deepened and lowered his voice as he talked to the caller.

“Kris ah, where have you been? You didn’t come back to the office after sending Mr. Yilmaz departure this afternoon.” Shin Si Jang’s voice sent through the phone with worry. He got cool down as Kris’s picked up his call.

“Ah, something just came up!” As the word escaped from Kris’s mouth, he turned his head to the back and took a glance at SoEun. Right then, he looked back to the front and something caught his attention on the half way, which caused Kris sinking into thoughts. That diary book looked so familiar. Isn’t that one SoEun si left in the airport?

“Kris ah, are you listening?” Shin Si Jang called out for Kris repeatedly since he became the only one talking during the conversation.

“Oh, what did you say?” The voice of Shin Si Jang successfully knocked Kris back from thoughts and had his attention back to the call.

“I said I have a document need your approval. When you gonna be back? I’m on the way to your condo.” Due to this, Kris must left the SoEun’s apartment and headed back to his own house before having his questions cleared up.

*Beep* Kris unlocked his car door by the electronic car key as he got closer to the driver side. Starting off the engine, Kris turned his around so as to back up the vehicle. During that time, the same diary book reflected into his eyes, then he changed the auto gear to parking. Shortly, he lifted up his body a bit toward the back passenger seat and grabbed the diary book.

He remembered SoEun dropped these two book at the airport and at the time he caught up with her, SoEun implored him to leave the place; thus he don’t have a chance to give it back to her. When he crawled into the car, he just randomly threw the book to the back seat.

Kris left the book resting on the passenger seat that next to him and drove himself back home as to meet up with Shin Si Jang. He then brought the SoEun’s diary books with him to his condo. Since it already evening, Shin Si Jang headed to his own house after Kris signed the agreement for him.

Soon after, Kris took a shower and made his way back to his bedroom. His working desk got lighted up as he the desk light. Struggling up a bit, Kris was still fighting with himself should he open the diary book and read it or not? Since his action will be accused as privacy invasion.

However, curiosity won over his intellect. Kris opened the book that had the elastic band closure and started on the first page. Yet, the content inside amused Kris a little as the only thing SoEun wrote on the first page was ~Please do not read any further! ~. And on the second page started with the similar thing said ~I told you, don’t! ~

Feeling helpless, Kris flipped over to the next page as smile spread across his face. On the three page, it was ‘21 years old Kim SoEun’s Lover Training Opening Chapter’. Lover training? Word that SoEun said not long ago before she passed out resurfaced on Kris’s mind. She said that she been learned to become a perfect lover. What does that actually mean?

Can’t wait to find out the answer, Kris hastily turned to page four and read every word carefully. Once again, Kris was being struck by the content inside the journal. All the stuff there marked down the preferences, habits and dislike of boys, included that MyungSoo guy and…Kris himself. 

~First day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

  Park Chanyeol, you are so rude and cruel, don’t you know that?! You left me a letter and went to study abroad in Vienna. You know what, I’ve never thought I will be missing you that much. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to love. Maybe Appa was right; he told me that I was too used to have you be there whenever I need you. So I won't know how important you are mean to me after I lost you. It was a case where even though you're saying no, but your heart won't feel that way as you held a grudge against my apathy for you. Yeah, I know that I'm taking you for granted; I will compensate it. I will work hard to learn how to become a perfect girlfriend now then. Before you come back to me if happened, you will find me a 100% lover that you hope me to be.

 

~The third day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

Today Yoona dragged me to watch a movie with her as some urgent criminal cases came up and SeungGi needed to fail to keep the date with her. That was a movie with a storyline of love. The movie delivered a message about when one in love as it states that no one falls in love by choice, it by chance. People will stay in love by works and they fall out of love by chance. While watching that movie, the only and one thing appeared on my mind was your face. If I worked to make up our relationship, then will it be another second chance for me to get back with you?! Well, I will pray and make that answer to be absolutely a yes because I want you to understand that I can't think 'life' without 'you'. So please give me one more chance to prove my love for you.

 

~The fifth day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

Chanyeol ah, you know what?! SeungGi Oppa found out that you dumped me and went oversea. He been so reacted to it as he planned to order the arrest of you. But thanks god that Yoona and I stopped him from doing it before he took some actions. Otherwise, you became a wanted criminal without knowing it. However, I was kinda feeling regret to keep him from wanting you afterward because if he put into effect, then I could see your face again. But then, I was glad that SeungGi Oppa being so caring for me. To be honest, it was the happiest thing in the world having someone who gives meticulous care to you. Then I started to realize that how eager you would be if I am concerned about you, even if it just a little bit. But why aren’t you here when I begin to take you seriously? Anyways, SeungGi said that he would take over the duty to look after me due to your absence.

 

~ The sixth day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

SeungGi Oppa and Yoona brought me out for dinner tonight. In the meanwhile, I learned that SeungGi Oppa loved to have French cuisine a lot. Both of them went to French restaurant almost every time they out to eat. So I was tend to enroll to learn cooking French cuisine tomorrow. Don't know will you like it as SeungGi Oppa did? I'm just a little worry about the difficulty of the course. But I think it won't be a problem to me since I had been involved in the patisserie distribution by Appa from an early age. Also, SeungGi Oppa's favorite dessert was the Honey Lavender ice cream; I will ask Appa to teach me how to make it. Then I can make it for you when you come back. What do you think?!

 

~The tenth day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

Today afternoon I bumped into Sandara unnie after class at the culinary arts school as she worked as part time model for one article. She kept apologize to me on your behalf for desert me. Just like you, she was being so nice to me even though I told her about the conflict between us. But she still resisted doing it and she was the one who should be responsible for letting this incident happened on me since she was your sister. But I told her that I won't give up on you and my plan for gets you back. She voted with her feet for my determination and was looking forward to become my sister-in-laws. But will she making things go so fast?!

 

~ The fifteen day without Park Chanyeol in my life ~

A guy I met few days ago at a porridge shop and I remembered that I saw him before inside the building where I learned culinary. I figured out that a ceramic classroom located in that building as my culinary school from him. He was a skilled potter and his family owned an art museum in Korea. His name called So Yi Jung. Therefore, we most likely meet each other at that shop before my class start. He invited me to visit him at his private ceramic classroom and asked if I have any interest to learn ceramic. During that time, I saw some potential on him that will help me to get know about the mentality of boys to girls. After then, I agreed to go out with him and learned that he admired girls who wearing high heels. Undoubtedly, your face popped up in my mind. You have gifted me a high heels as my birthday present last year. Yet, I wasn't that used to wear shoes with such high heels so I just left the heels somewhere else inside the house and let Appa donated to some charitable organizations. The image of your sorrow face for my heartless act tightened my heart suddenly. Due to this, I once again made up my mind as to become a decathlon girlfriend just for you. 

 

Staying up the whole night read the diary from the first day to the seven hundredth day; Kris wore a dark circle under his eyes to work the next morning. As expected, he was unable to concentrate on his work the whole day since his mind flied back to the content of SoEun's diary now and then.

So all the guys mentioned in the diary was just her nominally boyfriend, but in fact only her informants. SoEun si learned Turkish from her so-called boyfriend Song Jaerim si and then just inadvertently helped me. That was the only reason she told me that she wants to know the real me in the cinema because in order to please her first lover, Park Chanyeol.

I felt myself getting drunken in jealously on you Park Chanyeol si. Although I don't get to know what kind of person you are, but the envious still filled up my mind because you got a lover as Kim SoEun who working so hard for the sake of your love.

Likewise, I've never known what does it look and feel like when one is in love. I would be deeply wept if I knew there was a girl made such great effort to learn to become a perfect lover. I was wondering would you be touched if you found that out, Park Chanyeol si. Or does Kim SoEun already a past tense to you?!

Thinking of SoEun from this morning, Kris came back to his sense as he picked up the pen from his desk all of sudden. He then went back to his duty as he started to trace something on the white paper.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! How you guys've been? Today is Christmas Eve, so I wish you guys a happy holiday and happy new year!!! More than that, to celebrate it, I'm here to update a new chapter for you guys to read it during the holiday time. I know that the chapter is not that long, but still wish you guys will enjoy it. Since I was just got rid of all my finals, I tried my best to finish the new update in time and post it today. I'm sorry that making you guys some sad moment by sharing this sad story of SoEun. What do you guys think about this chapter? Anyone feels sympathy for SoEun, as she tried very hard as a love trainee? for Chanyeol? Poor SoEun!!!!