Chapter 7- Preparation

Hello, My Platonic Love!

                                                                 frog-sandwich00.jpg

 

Today is the day that Kris’s mom come back from her vacation to Paris. The flight arrived to Incheon Airport at the midnight. Kris and Shin Si Jang were standby inside the airport lounge to pick up Kris’s mother, Shin Si Jang’s sister. There was already a large crowd of people gathered. People gradually stepped out from the hall way, one elegant figure appeared into Kris’ and Shin Si Jang’s sights. Both of them walked up to that woman with their smile on their faces.

 

“Umma!” “Noona!” Kris and Shin Si Jang greeted the woman that they’ve waited for a long time. And Kris’s umma separately gave her brother and son a reunion hug.

 

“Noona, welcome back! How was the fashion show?” Shin Si Jang still had his smile on his face while saying to his sister. A second later, they were apart from their hug.

 

“That was fantastic. Better than I expected it would be.” Kris’s mom joyfully answered her brother’s question. “I’ve got many aspirations from the show. I think that we can add some kind of that element into our products.”  Talking about the business, Kris’s mom showed nothing but seriousness.

 

As the business matter ended, Kris’s mom face was not seems to be relieved. She turned her attention to Kris, who had been silenced during her conversation with her brother. “Kris. How have you been? Everything going alright?”

 

“NE, Umma! I’ve successfully convinced Mrs. Thompson and reached an agreement with her. The process of the project going smoothly.” Kris misunderstood his mother meaning in which lead her mom felt suddenly outrageous.

 

She stood there rubbing her forehead with a despair face, why do I have such a son like him? She shook her head lightly to Shin Si Jang and earned a ‘cannot do anything to help’ reaction from him. Kris’s umma once again turned to Kris and said “Kris ah, Umma think that I should release you from the Vice President’s position.” 

 

“What happen, Umma?” Kris got shocked by his mother’s word. Am I do anything wrong? Umma has always attached great importance to Mrs. Thompson, wasn’t she? “I need an explanation for that. I know that making Mrs. Thompson felt unpleasant was my fault, but she agreed to cooperate with us at the end. I’ve tried my ability to remedy it.”

 

“Omo! YoungJae ah, hold me in your arms for support.” Shin Si Jang did what his sister pleaded him to do. He held his Noona into both of his arms and she totally felt hopeless to her son with her right hands gently holding her forehead. Kris rushed forward his mother and attempted to help her stand straight, yelled “Umma, are you okay?”

 

“Of course, I am not okay.” Kris’s mother said to Kris straightforwardly which caused Kris feels much more anxious as before. “Why I must say this so bluntly to you, Kris? I was asking you about you and your girlfriend. I have nothing to worry about Mrs. Thompson for this moment.” Kris’s mom totally wanted to forsake his son. How can he be that dull?

 

“What?” Kris instantly dawned. That was her main concern all the time, how can I forgot about it? Kris ignorantly asked his mother “Umma, you are talking about that?!”

 

“Sure! Your uncle told me that you finally met your first love. Who is she? How does you guys meet each other? Everything going to be great? And last but not least, do you have any advice from your Umma? ” Kris’s mother seems unexpectedly excited than Kris. Of course, that was her lovely son first love in his 26 years.

 

“Umma! Why don’t we leave here and go home? It was really late now. We can talk about this on our way home?” Kris embarrassedly requested it to his mother. When the time she talked about the words ‘first love’, the people nearby them all put their attentions on Kris with their chuckles. Kris’s umma nodded with her smile on her face and followed Kris and her brother to their car.

 

“Alright, Kris! You can answer my questions now.” Kris’s mom immediately asked Kris after the moment she placed her on the back passenger seat.

 

“Umma, please be safe and fasten your seat belt first. Can’t you?” Kris said it as command to her mother, but the tone was full of concern. Umma, you are seriously…. At this point, Kris’s mother put on her seatbelt and turned to Kris with an anticipation expression on her face.

 

“Ok. Let me gather the questions that threw out from you, Umma.” Kris took a deep breath before he make a response. “Her name is called Kim So Eun. Our encounter is relatively unique. No heart beating, no flower blossoming around. I don’t like her physically and mentally" Out of attention, Kris seemed to blurt out his true feeling about SoEun, but he got disrupted by his uncle's coughing.

 

Shin Si Jang, who was driving the car, cleared his throat roughly and shifted his eyes to the rear mirror, said "Ah, my throat was kind of strange today. Sorry Kris for disturbing you." Kris's mom narrowed his eyes to her brother and Kris.

 

His uncle's action caused Kris realized that he almost make a goof on his respond. So, he hastily made up for his mistake by saying "But destiny seems like to link us together. We always bumped into each other anyhow. Slowly we have feelings for each other, and that was how we getting together." Kris ended his sentence with nodding his head as confirm.   

 

"Oh really? That was so dramatic. Kris ah, I am anticipating to meet this young lady who could make my son fall in love with her." Kris's mom gave out her bright smile to Kris and continuously said "Does she have work tomorrow?"

 

"NE? Yeah, I think so." Kris was in a trance for a second. She had work right? Yeah, she did. Last time she came to my office for lunch. She seemed in a rush when lunchtime is over.

 

"Hmmm. Then do you think she can out for dinner tomorrow night? I can't wait to meet her." Kris's mom asked Kris to bring SoEun out to let her check the girl out. Though Kris's mom was smiling to Kris, but suspicious and confusion was growing in her mind secretly.

 

"Em. Sure." Kris sincerely nodded to his mom. He had expected this request from his mom. Hope everything goes well. Kim So Eun, are you get ready with that yet?

 

Next morning

“♪♪♪♪♪♪” A phone ring sounded under the apron of SoEun’s pocket. Who is calling me during this time? SoEun’s hands were dirtied when the time she was whipping the cream for the decoration of the cake. So, she asked “Tao oppa, can you do me a favor?”

 

SoEun’s voice flew into Tao’s ears in which to make Tao stopped his hands to work and turned his head to SoEun’s direction, asked “What happen, SoEun ah?” A worry face appeared on Tao’s face.

 

“Ummm. My phone is ringing, but my hands was kind of dirty. Can you help me take it out from my pocket?” SoEun said to Tao as the time she turned her left leg to face Tao. “It was inside my jean pocket.” Tao embarrassingly moved to SoEun’s side and shyly lifted up her apron which covered her jean and took out the SoEun’s phone from her pocket.

 

Tao slightly glanced on SoEun’s phone screen and saw a name flashed on the screen. Tao’s face suddenly turned into unpleasant. He unwillingly slide the screen to unlock the phone for SoEun and set the phone on SoEun’s right ear.

 

“Thank you!” SoEun said to Tao in soundless tone with a smile on her face, yet that smile doesn’t make Tao’s expression to be relieved. Then SoEun greeted to the one who calling her through the phone. “YOEBOSEYO! This is Kim So Eun.”

 

“You have time tonight? My mom want to see you.” That familiar deep and manly voice sounded inside SoEun’s ears. “Come to my office at lunchtime, I need you to prepare something for tonight dinner.” That arrogant and command as usual.

 

“Kris si?” SoEun surprisingly yelled out Kris’ name. Before SoEun can sort out Kris’ words, SoEun confusingly said “What? Wait.” But Kris didn’t give SoEun time to speak out her questions.

 

“No more wait. We don’t, I mean you don’t have time.” Kris was still in his command attitude. “Remember to come to my office in time. If not, both of us will die. That’s it, bye.” Kris hung up the calling which caused SoEun stood in the kitchen with silence.

 

“Beep~Beep~Beep” That was the only sound sent to SoEun’s ears. Kris Wu, why you always like to order people? And don’t even give others chance to say out their thought. SoEun cursed Kris continuously in her head. “Ah! Jongmal~” SoEun moved head away from her cellphone.

 

Seeing the situation, Tao hesitantly opened his mouth to ask SoEun, said “SoEun ah, who is calling you?” He saw the phone screen showed the caller name Kris. There was no doubt that was a boy. Is his SoEun’s friend? Or her boyfriend?

 

“NE? That was Kris Wu.” SoEun took one glance on Tao and answered his question. A second later, SoEun speedily finished the cake decoration and wiped her hands with the towel. “Each notification was so driven. Can you just inform me a day ahead?” SoEun talked to herself while cleaning her hands. All of a sudden, a thought ran into SoEun’s mind and said “He didn’t ask me to bring him lunch. So should I do it? Whatever, just made him one in case. Always skipping meal.”

 

SoEun’s soliloquize made Tao felt envious toward that guy, Kris Wu. He insisted for a few seconds to ask SoEun, said “Is his your boyfriend? SoEun ah.” Although Tao don’t want to hear about the truth, but there was no way for him to escape it. He don’t want to confirm it by guessing.

 

“Huh? Em… You can say that.” SoEun casually said to Tao, and she turned her body and her back faced Tao. “Tao oppa, I need to hurry up to cook lunch for Kris. Would you mind to help bring the cake to the display fridge?” SoEun’s request gained a nod from Tao. SoEun gave out his bright smile and thanked Tao for his help; however, she didn’t notice the despair expression on Tao’s face and just only focusing on the cooking for Kris.

 

After finishing the lunch SoEun made for Kris, she used her fastest speed to get to Fashion Company. As usual, SoEun stopped in front of Kris’ office and knocked the door for permission before she can get into the room.

 

Just like last time, Shin Si Jang was also inside the office with Kris. SoEun bowed to Shin Si Jang while heading to Kris’ side, and asked “Why you sounded so rush today? To ask me to come here? Here is your lunch.”  SoEun put down the lunchbox in front of Kris’ sight.  

 

“I didn’t tell you to make me lunch. Why you bring it?” Kris looked at the lunchbox that SoEun put down on his desk with bewilder look.

 

“That’s because you used to skip meal. This is your punishment.” SoEun interpreted to Kris about the reason why she decided to make him lunch even he didn’t ask her to do it. SoEun’s explanation earned a loud giggle from Shin Si Jang. SoEun si you are so funny, Shin Si Jang think to himself. “Hurry and eat it up.”

 

However, Kris doesn’t feel it funny in which he blinked his eyes with some helpless. He opened the lunchbox lit, today was sandwiches which she make it looked like a frog. Kris glimpsed his eyes on SoEun without saying anything.

 

Shin Si Jang curiously took a look on the lunchbox and amazingly said “Wow, SoEun si. That was such a work of art.” Shin Si Jang’s compliment made SoEun’s cheek kind of reddish and smiled to him. “Bu Sa Jang, try it and tell me how it taste.” SoEun and Shin Si Jang both had their eyes on Kris.

 

Kris took one of the sandwich and before he take a bite of the sandwich, he said “Don’t wasting your time just looking at me.” Then he turned to his uncle, said “Shin Si Jang, give her the answer key.” Shin Si Jang nodded his head and took out a paper from the folder he was holding the whole time.

 

Shin Si Jang passed the paper over to SoEun. SoEun grabbed the paper and skimmed through it with confusion and asked “What is this for? Answer key?” SoEun’s question caused Kris and Shin Si Jang making eye contacts.

 

“Tonight you and I will gonna have dinner with my mother. She probably, ANYA, she surely will ask you about our story. I cannot let her find out any loophole.” Kris expressed his intention to SoEun with his serious face as ever. “You better memorize all the dialogue. Don’t ruin it.” Kris said it sternly under his breath.

 

SoEun sizzled as she heard the command from Kris. She paid her attention on the paper that Kris prepared for her. What on the earth that was about? That was… so… Kris si, are you sure your mom will believe it? SoEun suddenly felt speechless after read the script. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long time no see guys. Two weeks has passed, the new chapter has been updated.... Hope you enjoy yourself by reading it. Have any ideas or feeling toward this chapter? Feel free to write down your comment below, I love to read it. Kris's mother has came back to Korea and required to meet SoEun as Kris's girlfriend. Unlike the traditional mother in the KDrama, Kris's mom seems like more easy-going, but will it be the true side of her? Don’t give up to this story. I hope I can update soon. 

Thanks you guys: SoEunjung1289, anssolov, krisoeun, noey83 for the comments. I would like to answer you guys questions here. Hope you guys won't mind. 

noey83: chapter 7 updated now. hope you will continue to read it and leave me your comment. Thanks you.

krisoeunhi, thanks for your praise. Kris won't be fall in love with SoEun that fast. However, Kris's feeling of SoEun will be changed in next few chapters. Hep you can keep your eyes on it. 

anssolovno help, that was Kris's first time. SoEUn and Kris's mother will be see each other in next chapter. keep looking forward to it. Yeah, that used to be SoEun's rule with her boyfriend. She just didn't has chance to tell Kris at the first place. But don't worry. I will break the rule soon. 

SoEunjung1289: In this chapter, kris's mom had a adorable personality..... but she could be really tough and forceful sometimes. want to know will she make Kris and SoEun's relationship be more close or more distant? you will find it out in the next two chapters.