Chapter 16- The Lunch Break

Hello, My Platonic Love!

 

Chapter 16

The high sunlit clouds drifted across a clear blue sky. As afternoon sunlight poured into the glass inside one bedroom, a 163 cm height girl stood in front of a oval dress mirror set near the glass window while checking her appearance.

 

Before leaving her house for a lunch date, an incoming call stopped SoEun’s action for continuing her walks. It was the call from Kris. What does he calling all of sudden? SoEun answer the phone by asking the reason for Kris’s call.

 

“SoEun si, do you have time today? Want to grab lunch together?” He told me that his mother already figured out our forged relationship. Therefore, our connection should’ve ended as expected. Yet, Kris made a request to keep things go as usual. At first, I’ve got no clue about his decision.

 

The main purpose behind the relationship has been debunked; everything should all back to normal. Even though I was very eager to find a boyfriend, but he had no reason to continue our relationship. However, I’ve been told that from Kris that he would like to learn to how it would like being in love.

 

So that was why we still keeping in touch with each other just like before since we just mutually beneficial state. “But I’m already have a rendezvous with somebody. I will head to the dating place in a second.”

 

“Really? Who it will be? And where? I just finished a meeting with one of our customer at a restaurant, so I just want to ask you out for lunch since it almost lunchtime.” As he putting the documents back into his briefcase, he observed the food holding by the waiters there.

 

“That’s right, people should’ve eat three times a day. No matter how busy you are, it’s the routine that should not be skipped.” After hearing Kris’s word, SoEun inadvertently started to conduct lecture to Kris. In the meanwhile, she put on the high heels bought yesterday with Kris with one hand. “Thanks to me, you are now maintaining your health.”

 

“Yeah, yeah!!!” A helpless smile but a burst of real joy mixed with it spread out from Kris’ face. “Look like you’re even busier than me, should I make a appointment ahead before just to have a lunch with you?” Without notice, Kris seemingly began to learn talking joke with SoEun instead of being emotionless and careless like it was before.

 

“Sure of, I’m popular than you thought I would be.” Dropping the formality, SoEun seems more likely opened up her to Kris after that incident. 

 

The sidewalk café

“Unnie, here!” Sitting in the corner table near the roadway, SoEun raised her right arm up high and waved it hardly in order to let the coming person noticed her presence. Following by the familiar voice, the young woman SoEun called her ‘unnie’ moved toward to SoEun’s direction.

 

“SoEun ah, sorry for make you waiting!”

 

“That’s alright, Unnie! I got here just a little before you! Wanna order some drink first?” SoEun shook her head in denial at the time a smile appeared on her face. Quickly, SoEun passed over her unnie the menu.

 

“I saw it, SoEun ah!” Just then, the young woman leaned in as soon she took her seat face-to-face with SoEun. The word from her caught SoEun off guard with her furrow eyebrows.

 

“Your shoes!” As the voice ended, both of them shifted their eyes down to SoEun’s legs. The white ribbon high heels became the focal point. Instead of speaking up, SoEun just nicely gave out a meaningful smile as a response.

 

“Miss, sorry for keep you waiting! Here is your drink!” Meanwhile, the waiter approached SoEun’s table and put down the Antoccino espresso in front of SoEun. After that, he turned to the other side and got ready to take an order for SoEun’s friend.

 

“Miss, may I take you guys order now?” She nodded her head and told the waiter what they want and the waiter returned back to prepare their order.

 

“Ok, let’s get down to brass tack! Wuli Miss Park Sandara went for tour for that long, finally wiling to come back!? Where is my souvenir?” SoEun crossed her arms after taking a sip of her espresso. Looking into Sandara’s eyes, SoEun had a smile across her face. At the same time, stretched out her hand to Sandara’s direction and asked for her gift.

 

“That was what you after by promising to come out?” Sandara snapped SoEun’s outstretched hand with a naughty smile, which also can be seen on SoEun’s face. While SoEun having a little girl’s talk, a voice cut off their conversation.

 

“Kris si, what is the call for?” SoEun’s phone rang out loud from her purse, and found out that who’s the caller. SoEun tapped the green answer key as fast as possible. Why he calls me out of blue?

 

“Seems like you have wonderful time with your date!” SoEun’s eyes went wide in shock at Kris’ word. She had no clue about what’ve Kris said. How does he know that? Maybe he was around here? SoEun searched for Kris’ figure.

 

“Stop turning around! Look straight ahead of you!” Following by Kris’ word, SoEun spotted Kris immediately who was waving his hand to her while talking with her on the phone. SoEun looked a little surprise seeing Kris’ face and her expression caused Sandara turned her neck around.

 

 Sandara’s sight stopped at where Kris was standing. At that moment, question started to fill up her mind. Who is that guy? His face was so unfamiliar.

 

“Why you are here? You still feel hungry after having lunch at the restaurant?” Wasting no time, SoEun burst out her question for Kris’ presence.

 

“Of course not! I’m here waiting for my lunch to be served! I didn’t feel like to have the food at that restaurant. On my way back to the office, I ended up stop by and decided to grab some food here.” Kris explained to SoEun about the reason why he showing up in the café. Who knows he saw SoEun smilingly talking with someone.

 

Although there was only the back can be seen, but Kris was able to tell that not Yoona. Without notice, Kris felt relieved when he figured out the person SoEun dated was not a guy.

 

“Who’s that guy? I haven’t seen him before.” Sandara threw out her question as soon as SoEun hung up the phone. Even though Sandara knew that not good to think about it, she can’t hold back her appreciation at Kris’ appearance.

 

“Ah, he used to be my boyfriend!” having no idea to hide anything from Sandara, SoEun bluntly told her about the thing happened these days, including how they met, how their relationship began and more.

 

“Oh, I see. It must be harsh for you to get through all the things lately! But speak of which, Chanyeol he would return home soon.”  Trying not to mention something despairs, Sandara quickly changed the subject of the conversation.

 

“Really? Come to think of it, it’s been two years he left Korea.” Chanyeol was Sandara unnie’s little brother who was sharing the same age with me. We all grew up together with Yoona, and Chanyeol went to Vienna to purse his music dream.

 

“Yeah, you’re correct! Two years already, you must be missed him right?” Sandara nodded her head with a reminisce face and she rolled her eyes to SoEun. Went abroad for two years without notifying anyone. Then after years of silence, then came an email said will be back soon.

 

“Well, I’m wondering will he still remember my face.” An equivocal mirth spread across SoEun’s face as she answered Sandara’s question.

 

“What are you talking about, silly girl? If he does, I’ll give him a lesson for you.” By saying so, Sandara clenched one of her fist up to air sand it to me. Sandara’s action earned a happy smile from SoEun.

 

“When I find out the time of his arrival, I’ll let you know and let give him a surprise!” Sandara winked at SoEun in a childish way. SoEun gave out a nod to Sandara’s word as return. In this way, their lunch date ended with conversation.

 

Park Sandara                                                                                      26 year old

- a freelance who works only for the travel expenses

- elder sister of Park Chanyeol

- having a dream to travel all around the world

- childish compared to her age

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my beloved readers, I'm finally back with this new chapter. Sorry for disappearing for this long time. I just notcied that my late update is on June. And now is already Novemeber. I'm sincerely apologize to all of you who been waiting for my new update. Eventually, I finished the chapter and posted it up for you guys to read it. I know this chapter is kind of short, but I still hope you guys will enjoy it. I have a project and paper coming up, so it might takes me times again to work on the new chapter, so I decided to post it up as soon as it fulfiill the chapter length. So how was you guys like about this new chapter? Do you like the slight change relationship between SoEun and Kris? and the new character Sandara? and for anyone that who looking forward for the character Chanyeol to show up, it will be coming soon. So keep your eyes on it.