Chapter 12- Sleeping Habit

Hello, My Platonic Love!

                                              lamps-light-wall-sticker-panda-switch-st

 

Chapter 12

 

The moon which had shinning so brightly was now obscured by clouds, Kris went to his room prepared the sleeping equipment for SoEun. Soon after, SoEun had her feet inside Kris’s bedroom after cleaning up the kitchen.

 

As she stepped in the room, SoEun saw Kris had his back faced the door and busily flipped the blanket. Thus SoEun instinctively walked beside the bed and attempted to end the day by falling into the dreamland.

 

However, at the time SoEun adjusted the pillow and climbed on Kris’s bed, she was restraint from her action as Kris cried out his voice. “What are you doing?”

 

“Go to bed, of course. You know what time right now? It already 12 o' clock.” SoEun answered Kris's question with a merited tone. What kind of question he was asking?

 

Hearing SoEun's words, Kris was also crawled to the bed and snapped away the pillow, and pointed to the floor behind his back, said "Yes. I know. But your bed is over there."

 

"What?" SoEun dawned as she looked over Kris's shoulder. Are you serious? Kris Si. Her eyes widened with shock. Unable to hold it, SoEun shifted her sight back to Kris and asked "That was the floor not bed though."

 

"Cannot help and you are not able to sleep on the sofa outside the living room." Kris answered and shrugged his shoulders. Seconds later, Kris narrowed his eyes on SoEun and asked "Or you want to sleep with me on the same bed? And anything will be planned after that?"

 

"NE?" SoEun shouted out her amazement at the time her left eyebrow rise. Then she rolled her eyes around with embarrassment to Kris's question.

 

SoEun's hesitation seemed like Kris had make the correct guess which aroused the unpleasant feeling in his head as he asked "Ya, don't tell me you seriously want to do something in purpose?"

 

"Anya! (No)" SoEun earnestly shook her head and hands to deny the accusation from Kris. She then blurted out her idea hesitantly, said “Yet as a gentleman, aren't you should be the one who sleep over there?"

 

"No way! Here is my room. I couldn’t find any reason for me to sleep on the floor.” Kris strictly said to SoEun as resistance of her statement. “I had doing thing humanly possible for you, helped you prepare the futon down there.” Selfishly, Kris quickly placed himself on his bed straightly, and said “Hurry up and sleep. Turn off the light before you get to your bed.”

 

SoEun now was becoming speechless toward Kris’s action. In the case of inability to resist, the only thing that she can do is to accept the reality and spend her first night with Kris on the floor separately. SoEun searched for the light switch. Within a second, the cloudiness had enveloped the entire house.

 

SoEun fumbled her way to her bed which especially just for her. SoEun had her eyes shut when the time her head hit the pillow and speedily fall asleep because she was really tired today.

 

The dead of night, people were all wandering into their dreamland. Kris Suddenly, the brightness of the light bulbs illuminated Kris’s room.

 

Getting used in the cloudiness, the unexpected of glimmer could be quite sensitive to SoEun, but not to Kris since he had himself facing down on his bed which he didn’t feel the light.

 

SoEun’s eyes slightly opened in a slow motion, the vision was partly blurry at first because her eyes still fogged with sleep.

 

SoEun rubbed her eyes with a muddled expression. At the time she could clearly seeing the image in front of her, she yelped in amazement which was loud enough to rouse Kris from sleep easily. “AHHHH!!!!”

 

Kris was jumped off from his dreamland, startled “What happened” With his eyes half opened, the drowsy look was all you could be seen on Kris’s face.

 

“Aunt…Auntie” SoEun surprisingly saw Kris’s mother standing in front of her during the middle of their sleep, and became stutter. SoEun immediately got up from her exclusive bed. Oh my god, why did she come at the midnight? What should I do? She might figure out our real relationship, will she?

 

While SoEun was frustrating with the sudden appearance of Kris’s mother, Kris was still o his sleepy mode and he ignorantly said “Who the light? Turn it back off, I need to sleep.” As the sentences ended, Kris fell back to his bed instinctively.

 

Seeing Kris’s action, SoEun worriedly and helplessly pulled Kris’s blanket which he has covered his head to block the room light with a nervous look. “Kris si!” First call, no reaction. SoEun could not help but rise up her volume, called “Kris si!”

 

At the same time, Kris’s mother stood inside the room with her perplexed expression, she narrowed her eyes by watching the interaction of Kris and SoEun. She opened and said “Kris, Get up! I have something to ask you.”

 

Hearing that voice, don’t know why Kris’s eyes naturally flipped open with his head still on his pillow. Once again, Kris jumped off from his bed and turned his head to his mother. All the sleepy was gone, Kris suddenly was fully awake and he cried out “Umma, why are you here?”

 

Kris fixed his eyes on SoEun’s side, and turned back to his mother asked “I think now you should be sleep at this such of time. What’s going on?”   

 

“That should be my sentence, Kris. Why are you guys separating beds?” Kris’s mother pointed her index finger to Kris’s bed, and then to SoEun’s one. She then put her hands on her hip, and said “I need an answer about it.”

 

“………” SoEun and Kris kept on exchanging eye contacts without giving any answer. Silence filled around the room.

 

“Umma, actually SoEun was kind of rough while sleeping, she can easily roll of the bed. So her head will definitely hit the floor if I don’t lay the futon for her.” Few seconds passed, an excuse ran through Kris’s mind, and he said.

 

“You can tell that she did fall down as expected. I can’t let SoEun get hurt, Umma. So that was the only thing as prevention.”

 

“Really?” Kris’s mother’s doubtfully gasps was on SoEun as if she was unsure about the situation where she would like to seek the answer from SoEun’s response. “Is it true? SoEun ah.”

 

“NE? Yes, auntie.” SoEun tried her best to catch up with Kris’s pace since she had no idea on how to cover up this condition. She nodded her head hardly as possible. Thanks for Kris’s wit from this make up.

 

“If this is” Kris’s face turned to serious after listening SoEun’s confirmation, she gently her chin as she was deep in thought, and she said “Then Kris, you should hold SoEun more tight while sleeping. In that case, she won’t fall that easily.”

 

“Whaaat??” Both SoEun and Kris’s called out their disbeliefs at the time Kris’s mother’s word resounded around their ears. Kris faced his mother and stutteringly asked “Um…umma, like how? What are talking about?”

 

“Hug!” Kris’s mother shortly spewed out the word as a matter of course. ‘What?’ Kris yelped in surprise of what his mother saying.

 

Kris’s mother walked to SoEun’s side and took her hand in which to lead her to the bed. “Alright, you guys can laid down, and like this.” As saying so, Kris’s mother held Kris’s arm and moved toward to SoEun’s waist.

 

“Hold on tight, Kris! Then SoEun won’t be fall down to the floor again.” Afterward, Kris’s mother made her way to the door. Before she leaving the room, she turned back to SoEun and Kris who actually frozen on the bed, and said “Sweet Dreams!” She nicely turned off the light switch from Kris and left the room.

 

Kris’s room enveloped with icy. Kris slowly turned his head to SoEun who has an indifferent expression on her face and try to fall back to her dreamland.

 

“YA! Kim SoEun, you still can sleep in such a condition like this?” Kris has a disbelief look toward SoEun’s attitude.

 

“Whatever! Just a hug.” SoEun doesn’t seem to resist sharing a hug with Kris since this was not the first time.  If he didn’t go anything further, then I’m really don’t mind about it.

 

“Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz” Faster than what, SoEun hastily back to her dreamland like a dead due to the tiredness from workload today in the bakery shop.

 

Dissimilar to SoEun, Kris was unable to fall back to sleep from the disturbance that caused by his mother and SoEun. Wrapping SoEun in his arms with both of them on the bed, how could this ever happen?

 

The heartbeat jumped like crazily on the left side of his chest lead Kris to a sleepless night. “Kim SoEun, how can you not be embarrassed with this intimate action? Or maybe you are too sophisticated to be with guys?”

 

Kris blurted out the question in the whisper tone while observing the sleeping face of SoEun. “Are you really that kind of girl who think money can get you satisfy as you saying so?”

 

“Last time in the jewelry store, you almost make my mom to buy you that bracelet if I didn’t appear in time.” Kris mistook the situation last time when Kris’s mom planned to get SoEun a bracelet and thought that SoEun was a racketeer who trying to extort her materialist desire from his mother.

 

The next morning

A day off from work, Kris left his house in the early morning as an excuse just to not let his mother see his sleepless face. Kris wrote down a notes for SoEun and his mother said he need to pick up his work due to his absence for yesterday and asked SoEun go home on her own.

 

SoEun read the post-it notes Kris stick on the refrigerator. Instead of leaving the house, SoEun decided to make breakfast for Kris’s mother for sleep over.

 

While SoEun preparing the breakfast, Kris’s mom opened her room door and made her way to the living room. She saw SoEun’s busy figure in the kitchen.

 

“Good Morning, SoEun ah!” Finding SoEun still in the house, a smile crossed Kris’s mom’s face with satisfaction. “Are you making breakfast?”

 

“Good Morning, Auntie! I’m almost done, please wait for a moment!” SoEun greeted Kris’s mom in her polite way as usual.

 

“That’s ok, take your time! I’m going to wash up now, see you later!” After the sentence ended, Kris’s mom went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and dressed up herself.

 

The breakfasts were ready to serve. During the breakfast time, Kris’s mother’s sudden action potentially drove SoEun in surprise.  

 

Kris’s mom put down the utensil on her hands, and dragged SoEun’s right hand over her direction and put on a ring into SoEun’s finger. That was a two-hearts-opened ring where the hearts has embedding with some small pieces of diamonds. 

 

“Auntie, what are you doing?” SoEun was totally in shock with the action performed by Kris’s mother. SoEun had her face with confusion and turned to Kris’s mother.

 

“This ring is my family heirloom. And now I give this to you, please cherish it SoEun ah! It also my love token with Kris's father.” Kris's mother said to SoEun with her most serious face ever in lifetime.

 

“What? Are you serious, auntie? I can't accept that from you.” SoEun rejected Kris's mom offer outright as she attempting to pull out the ring Kris's mom put on for her. “This gift was much more rarity than the bracelet previously you want to give me.”

 

“SoEun ah, please keep this!” Kris's mother stopped SoEun from her action by forcing the ring back to SoEun's middle finger. “You still don't get it, aren't you?”

 

“Sorry auntie, I'm not a clever person.” SoEun embarrassedly rise her left hand and scratched her head a bit for being knuckle-headed.

 

“Here is my blessing for you and Kris! And I sincerely hope that you can stay by his side and grow old together.” Kris's mom expressed her wishes about you and Kris in a meaningful tone. SoEun ah, I'm the one who knows my son the most in this world, but you are the one who can change him in certain way.

 

He hates sweet than every men but he was willing to eat and like the dessert you made. You're the only one; thus I can see Kris's happy future in you. So please, don't let him go! And I'll try my best to not let my stupid and stubborn son to let go of your hands.

 

“Look, I haven't get to adjust the size of the ring, but it fits your finger perfectly.” Kris's mom looked at SoEun's hand with a satisfy look. The glimmer of the diamond refracted admiringly.

 

“Keep it, don't turn me down again, okay?!”

 

The persistence from Kris's mom made you accept the ring in force desperation. After the breakfast with Kris's mother, you left Kris's condo and went to work.

 

Few hours past and the night has come, you brought yourself home with your tired-body.

 

SoEun dragged herself into the bathroom. As she tying up her hair, the ring on her right hand caught SoEun's attention unexpectedly.

 

SoEun checked the reflection in the mirror as she twisted the ring on her middle finger. “Auntie, I'm really sorry for deceiving your trust.”

 

“I won't keep this ring for too long, I gotta look for an excuse to give it back to you.” SoEun took off the ring from his middle finger and carefully put it inside her accessory box inside her bedroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, here is chapter 12 that you guys have been demanded for. I was finally get rid of all my midterms few days before, and I can't wait to share this chapter with you guys. The desire of the sleeping night between Kris and SoEun. Did you getting surprise the sudden visit from Kris' mother during the middle of night?! Hope you guys like this arrangment and enjoy reading it. We all can tell tat Kris's mom was really love SoEun, don't you? So hope Mrs. Cupid Wu can link their destiny together. So, yeah ENJOY!!!!! and review your view below the comment area, it will be  100% appreciated.

Thanks guys!!! for all your supports