Chapter 8

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I know, Tiff, I know. But I....." She shook her head softly, couldn’t bring herself to utter the next words.

"One word for both of you." Tiffany held up her finger while directing it to Jessica and Sunny. "Trust."

 

“Sica is not coming?”

“I guess, she is still upset, so nope..”

Sooyoung patted her back supportively. “She’ll come around, man. You guys are like magnets. Even one is on the other side of the world the other one will roll back to where its belong to.”

“Yeah, I hope so. She has been giving me cold shoulder these past days, it’s driving me crazy.” Taeyeon groaned, as she slipped her jacket inside her bag while waiting in the waiting zone.

“Even so, we need to focus, Tae. We need to win this race, remember?”

“Absolutely. So you and Sunny are fine now?” She looked at her best buddy as Sooyoung shifting her wearpack with her helmet beside her.

“Yup, we made it last night.” She wiggled her eyebrows and Taeyeon surely got the meaning of it.

“Good for you.” She said sadly though she had tried as cheerful as she could.

“C’mon, cheer up, man. Show’em who’s the man. Mantaeng!!” Sooyoung chirped cheerfully.

Taeyeon cracked a lopsided smile. “Thanks, Sooyoung.” She muttered as she let out a soft breath.

 

“Stop molesting your eyes at those girls, Gosh.” Tiffany knocked Yuri’s head a bit firmly, displeased as the girl couldn’t stop gawking at the sight of paddock girls holding umbrellas while escorting the bikers to the white lines to settle in their positions in the circuit.

“They are not even professional yet but their bodies are just awesomely attractive. Sooyoung and Taeyeon must be so pleased being near the girls.”

“Yah!!” Tiffany smacked her arms, seeing how ert this person can be.

“Ow, sorry, Fany.” She mumbled pouting cutely. A part of her was showering with joy realizing the redhead must be jealous. These few days the two had grew closer to each other.

“I might chop her hands and lever her eyes if she lays a finger or stares at the girls.” Sunny butted in as she slammed down her on the bleacher beside Tiffany and Yuri.

“Sunkyu-ah, you’re creepy.”

“Shut up!” Yuri ducked her head as she saw Sunny about to hit her head.

“I wonder how Taeyeon could keep her hands to herself being next to attractive girl like this might has turned her on. For all we know just how ert she is.”

“That’s because she loves Jessica, Yuri-ah.”

“Yeah, right. Oh speaking of Jessica, she’s coming, isn’t she?”

"I don't know. That girl could be so stubborn sometimes." Sunny retorted. "Does she tell you, if she's coming or not, Tiff?"

"Nope." She huffed then shook her head lightly.

 

“I could see the opportunity for someone like you to win is such a big thing. So you ready, Tae?” Sooyoung was roaring her bike charmingly while looking at her friend through her helmet.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh, her eyes rummaged on the tribunes where her friends were sitting searching for a certain blonde before turning her head to Sooyoung. “I’m ready and be optimism, Soo. I know you can do it too.” She shows her supportive smile before clasped her helmet shut.

Every racer was getting ready in their position. As they were being informed in set with the green flag they pulled their engines in roaring battle, each racer indicated they were ready as the roaring sound was getting louder. Just the lamp start turned into green light, all the racers have made their start, one of them made the jump start.

“Hey, it’s cheating. She made a jump start.” Yuri shouted, tiffany abruptly covered flashing an apologetic smile to other spectators.

 

The blonde was contemplating the situation that had happened with her girlfriend within these days. She knew she shouldn’t accuse her girlfriend and give her cold treatment since their argument that night. But really, did Taeyeon that insensitive to be aware of her insecurities.

"Oh? Unnie, why are you not going to the arena yet? I think the race has started already, more like forty minutes ago or so."

Krystal saw her hesitating before she came up with answer. “I’m not planning to go.”

“Eh? It’s Taeyeon Unnie’s first competition, you should go. C’mon let’s go together with Sulli, she's driving.” She unwillingly reached out to the offering hand. Honestly, not that she didn’t want to go but she knew better if she went there her eyes only fixed on Taeyeon watching her every motion, how the latter through the cornering and such. Just the thought of it made her feels like clasping her hand tightly in agony.

“You guys are having an argument, aren’t you?” She nodded quietly, unable to speak. “No matter what, you should go and cheer her up. She must be very sad and disappointed knowing you; her girlfriend doesn’t come to see her competing.” For Taeyeon’s sake even it hurts her, still she will play fair. She will comfort her sister and coax Jessica to go.

Throughout the way, all Taeyeon's image was circling her mind. She knew usually the competitors compete for position in approximately a 40-45 minute on a pave circuit, well thanks God that she always paid attention of what Taeyeon said. Just she didn't aware of how long it would last for a race.

Please God, let her win this race and be safe, Taeyeon-ah. So she could come back to me in one piece, God.

She kept fidgeting; God knows just how anxious she was. But suddenly the ringing sound of her phone startled her makes her jump a little as she saw her best friend name's appear on the screen.

"SICA, WHERE ARE You??!! You better bring your here ASAP!!!" Just before she had the chance to say hello, the voice of someone's yelling could be heard on the other line.

"Yaahh!! Yuri-ah!! Slow down."

"Something happened to Taeyeon. Quickly, Sica. I’ll see you here, bye."

 Yuri has hung up on her just like that. “!!” She grasped her phone tightly till her knuckle turned white. “Sulli-ah, can you drive faster? I need to get there as soon as possible.” Her voice cracked, trembling as her hands shaking with cold sweat.

“What’s wrong, Unnie?” Krystal turned to the back seat to look at her worried.

“Yuri called, something happened to Taeyeon. We need to be quick.” Jessica wasted no time and urgently explains, willing and praying that they will reach there faster.

“What? Alright, alright, come down, Unnie.” For Krystal, deep down, being informed that news just crashed her down, all of sudden she felt her heart tightened of lacking for air.

“We almost there though, Jessica Unnie.”

The car pulled up on the parking lots, Jessica abruptly jumped off the car. She ran all her might to waiting zone with Krystal and Sulli in tow and found nothing. As she ran out of breath but she managed to make her way to the other part. She would prefer running out of breath because of her running rather than it caused of Taeyeon who could take her breath away in any minute. She reached the pit are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter