Chapter 15

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A moan escaped her lips when she felt Taeyeon lingering the kiss above her . She opened to say something but the words came from Taeyeon causing her eyes fluttered open in horror.

“I love you, Sica..”

She hastily sat up then pushed back leaving Taeyeon no choice and fell off the couch with agape looking lost and sorry at the same time. The air was thickened between them; Taeyeon was left loss of words.

Krystal crumpled her shirt between her grips which was revealing her black lacey underwear. Her eyes were rolling to anywhere but Taeyeon's. She pulled up her feet, her arms covering around it in protective manner, emitting sniffles.

It was like Taeyeon just got slapped by the cheek when she heard the sound coming from the younger girl.

“I’m sorry, Krystal. I-..” She has words to say but she didn’t know which one to use. “I wa-.. I me- I mean-I..” She sighed running her hand infuriately through her hair, pulling it out of exasperation.

She pushed herself up kneeling beside the couch. “Krystal, I’m-..”

“I get it.” Taeyeon stiffed, her orbs searched for the girl’s but Krystal just refused to look at her. “I totally get it.”

That was the only thing she said. She wasn’t dumb to realize such thing, for being a replacement of her own sister.  On the other hand, Taeyeon was feeling guilty. Everything in her mind was blank. She wanted to say sorry but she knew that just never enough.

“Listen, Krystal. I didn’t mean to-..”

“I said I get it. You don’t need to explain yourself. I have enough.” The tears kept threatening to fall no matter how hard she tried to hold it. “You said you need time and I gave it to you. You think about my sister and I let you. What more do you need and what more should I give?”

Krystal buried her face between her knees letting the tears finally fall on the couch. Taeyeon bit her lower lips, digesting every word Krystal said. She then swallowed the lump down , not trusting her voice to say any words as she fears for the words came wrongly.

 

 

“Alright, now stay still, I’ll let go now. Okay?”

The patient didn’t even say anything; her stare was blank completely lost interest. The therapist slowly moved and released her grip on the girl upper arms from steadying her. As the therapist stepped backwards, it was like all the energy left none and her equilibrium was summoned to chase away from her. Then like that she fell, hard against the porcelain floor.

“Taeyeon-ssi.” The therapist called out, quickly strode then picked her up.

A hand cupped seeing the girl miserably struggling through her therapy. She wanted to be near her and her help her through this. Nevertheless, she just couldn’t bring herself to inch closer to the girl. The barrier between them was too high and solidly blocking her way there.

The gentle tap on her shoulder made her jumped a bit before sighed in relief only to see the redhead girl stood beside her. She had her eyes fixed on the particular person inside the room separated by the glass.

“How is she?”

“She still refused to do the therapy.” Both were not looking at each other. “It’s hard, Unnie.” The younger girl spoke. Finally it caught the redhead to turn her head. “I barely hold on.”

“Nothing is easy, Krystal.” The redhead managed to say, eyes back to the previous view. “Somehow I could understand how you feel but at the same time I couldn’t. It’s because we are human. Many things we know and at the same time we don’t.”

Krystal eyed her perplex. “Unnie.”

“Did you know that I’ve ever confessed about my feelings to her?” Tiffany didn’t need to look at the girl since she could feel how surprise Krystal was from the way she gasped. “I bet you didn’t know. She rejected me saying how your sister means so much to her.” Krystal nodded her head sadly.

“She lost something and someone. We also feel the loss and the emotion she felt. We know she is sad, devastated, even upset perhaps. But we can’t really tell how she truly felt. Because what she lost has possessed the difference meaning to every one of us.” Tiffany tilted her head to look at her once more, a sad smile playing on her lips.

Krystal hissed in surprise and fright when she saw Taeyeon once again fell barely touched the crutches she has to reach from the therapist. It brought the redhead’s attention. “We have to try to bring her spirits back. I really hope you wouldn’t get tired of her. Please hold on.”

 

Taeyeon was sitting on her wheelchair. Her hands were resting loosely on her laps and her legs were stiffed still. Doctor and her therapist had informed her about her current condition. It’s been a couple of months since her recovery from the accident. They were mostly concerned about her legs.

They told her what the effect was if she prolonged her therapy. It frightened her to think of she couldn’t use her legs any longer. She needs to get back on her feet but over all what she ever need was her girlfriend. She needs her girlfriend more than anything right now.

She better lost her legs than has to lose her girlfriend for a lifetime. She was just desperate like that. No matter what they told her, her mind and her soul were no longer lively along with her body. She pushed the wheel towards the drawer beside her bed then pulled out the small box which has some stain of blood clinging upon the shell. Brushing her thumb across its shell, she tried to rub off the stain which seems impossible to disappear. It was like the pain she feels, no matter how hard she tried to clear it up but it just wouldn’t vanish.

She drew her gaze from the object to the crutches the nurse placed against the wall just in case she needs it. She pushed the wheel closer to the crutches. For the whole good five minutes she remains stay still like a statue on her seat. Reaching out, her obvious trembling hands grew limp just as she was about to touch that thing.

When she placed a grip on it, she slowly grabbed it closer to her side. Delicately, her feet stepped on the floor before pushed herself with all her strength propping up her body on the crutch, she managed to grab the other crutch. She makes sure to keep her balance before spinning around to push the wheel chair to the side.

She heaved a breath. Hard. It was hard even only for stand up. Without her legs, she was nothing. Her forehead started sweating. She still tried to regain her breath and catching her equilibrium. Her legs were still numb, not even the cold surface she felt stimulating her skin.

Her armpits began feeling sore since she put all the weight on it for the great support. She grimaced attempting to shake the pain away. At this moment she just wanted to throw the stupid crutches away and slumps on the bed. However, she needs her legs. The sooner she can walk again the bigger chance she got to find her love again.

She squinted her eyes shut before opened up again. Very slowly, she moves the crutches forwards weighing her whole body definitely like her life depends on it. Her feet limply took the step. One step with her right foot that shaking so bad before touching the ceramic. Her breath was uneven. She took another step with her left foot.

Grateful, she should be grateful. The first step was completed. The next step, how bad she wants to move again but her soreness on each side of her armpit consumed her energy welcoming her fatigue very quickly.

“One more step won’t hurt.”

She breathed. She moves her crutches again, to her dismay the tip of her right crutch was sliding out from her grip. She released it before she fell down then strongly clung onto the left crutch. Pushing herself was a bad idea but she did it nevertheless. She moved again much lamely since she only used one crutch.

“Aargh!!”

Not having much of energy left, the soreness has turned like a piercing pain causing her to stumble against the bed and falls knocking her knees on the floor in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter