Chapter 14

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I promise to continue so here the next chap. But are you guys ready for this chap?? Get a grip, guys. Lol I'm kidding.

 

 

“No, please just go. I don’t need you. I need Jessica. Jessica Jung Sooyeon. She is all I need. Are you deaf?” Sooyoung could see how much hurt and pain in Krystal’s eyes but what could she do. When it comes to Jessica, Taeyeon just could be stubborn like this. “Just go, please.”

Taeyeon’s unending sobs were too heartbreaking for Krystal to bear. She wanted it to stop but she knew it would stop if only her sister turns out. Where she could find Jessica? Where? She was tearing her own tear that seemed hardly stop anytime soon.

 

 

 

A playful slap on her shoulder caught her off guard before revealing a tall tanned girl slumps her on the seat next to her. “S’up, Tae.”

“Don’t startle me like that, Yul.” Yuri only shows her toothy grin sheepishly. “Where is Sooyoung anyway?”

“She’s outside; she’ll be here in a minute.” Yuri said while her eyes scanning through the menu she was holding. Taeyeon nodded as she diverted her attention on her phone once again.

“Hey, guys.” Sooyoung called before occupied the seat next to Yuri which happened to be next to Taeyeon too since they were sitting at the round table. The trio agreed to meet in this ice cream parlor to have their little chit chat time.

“I want this ice cream cappuccino with waffles. What about both of you?” Yuri asked her eyes not leaving the menu.

“Well, I would like chocolate milkshake and big fat lover plus waffles too.” Sooyoung said carelessly, Yuri only noted the list before shaking her head.

“Big fat lover is a big bowl ice cream, chocolate milkshake and waffles too? Where does the calorie go, Sooyoung?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. Sooyoung only poked her chubby cheeks nonchalantly. Though it was countless time they have been here before and Sooyoung would always made the same order, she still shocked over that. Seems like it has no effect on Sooyoung’s body and she must admit she was amazed by that.

“Nothing’s new, Tae. She has multiples worms inside her stomach than others normal would have.” Taeyeon just sniggered at their antics;

“Yah, Kwon Yuri!” Sooyoung tried to strangle Yuri but failed when Yuri sat up from her seat saying she’d go for order.

“I think it’ll take a while since there are so crowd in the line.” Sooyoung pointed out gesturing to the counter where Yuri was queueing at. “I’ll be back, Tae. I need to make a call to Sunny. Oh and I’ll just be at the next sugar store after that for a bit.” Taeyeon nodded acknowledging it.

 

 

It was nice shiny afternoon, though it was quite shiny but still breeze enough for a walk for the couple. Hands swinging back and forth, footsteps catching the others, eyes were wandering around; laughter simply filled the joyous simple occasion they were having.

“Sooji-ah, this morning Seohyun told me she wants us to have lunch with her friend. She met the girl during her flight to Japan two years ago. Apparently, the girl is an editor designer and they have become partners and buddies through some fashion events in Japan.” Yoona informed while tightening their holding hands.

“Hmm, I see. This girl sure knows your sister well since she could be closed to her. I mean Seohyun is sweet girl, yes, but she is a quiet one.” Sooji enlightened Yoona, she didn’t want Yoona to think otherwise. Her right hand came to cup their holding hands that still swinging.

“I know. She’s quiet. And I think you’re right.” Yoona pressed, knowing Sooji’s intention. “But you are okay, lunch tomorrow with them?” Yoona searched for her agreement. She didn’t want to let her sister to be disappointed.

“Yes, of course. It’s cool. I don’t mind at all.”

“Okay, great. I’ll tell Seohyun about it.” Yoona d her phone out from her pocket and made a quick text to Seohyun.

“I’m just afraid of the thought that you’ll scare her friend away with your super appetite.”

“Yah.” The tease came so naturally making Yoona to melt when Sooji stuck her tongue out at her. Lightly, Yoona knocked her forehead after kept her phone back. “You sure are cheeky, aren’t you?”

“Whom have I learned that from?”

“Yeah, I should try to find out about that.”

“Im Yoongie.” Sooji brought one hand aside and yelled excitedly.

“Oh, Sooji’s girlfriend?” Yoona gasped. “That beautiful charmer. Yaah, how did you know her?”

“You are so full of yourself.” Sooji retaliated, playfully pulled Yoona away a bit forcefully, releasing their hands and leaving her behind.

“Babe, don’t leave me. Let’s go for ice cream. Okay?” Yoona scramble to catch up with her along the way then entangled their fingers again. “I miss my big fat lover already.”

“So that’s why you insisted for a walk in this neighborhood just for that lover of yours. I should have prevented Seohyun for telling you about that ice cream parlor.” Her voice was full of fake regrets. “I don’t want a girlfriend like a clown.”

I don’t want a girlfriend like a clown.

She halted her steps. That sentence. That sentences was blurted out quite familiar. It feels like déjà vu, just she couldn’t pinpoint when or where she had ever said it. She shook the thought away, snapping out from her zone when Yoona’s voice awoken her with tugging their interlaced fingers.

“I fell in love with it at the first taste of it.” Yoona exclaimed as she feeling giddy.

“Yeah, and that was exactly just two days ago.” Sooji rolled her eyes and just sighed, following her girlfriend who was leading the way.

 

 

“Hello. Unnie, it’s so hard to get through to you.” Seohyun pouted though the action couldn’t be seen for the other line. “I see, just want to tell you tomorrow is on, okay? I want you to meet my sister and she’ll come with her girlfriend too.” Seohyun sure was excited over the fact that they’ll be having their lunch together. The girl on the other line giggled easily hearing the eagerness from the younger girl. “Alright. By the way, you can bring your girlfriend along too. Hahaha.. Alright, alright. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye Unnie.”

Seohyun flipped her phone, after a while she smiled as she focused back to her work. She was grateful for getting the chance to work in this company and got promoted as a manager in design department two years ago before heading to the branch in Japan for apprentice.

Though it costs her a lot of her time and endless study but she knew it was worth it. Then she met the older girl there through some events, fortunately they clicked just right and hit it well. They shared same desire and passion in design. One is an editor designer and one is a manager designer.

The older girl was a fair and an easy going friend. Seohyun got a lot of advices from the girl which gladly accepted by her since that was what she needed. The girl was very energetic. Thankfully, her spirit has slowly influenced the younger girl and it drew them closer to each other with their unending sharing thoughts each time they met.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow.” Seohyun exclaimed to no one particular.

 

 

“Where is that lanky stick?” Yuri asked Taeyeon upon she back from the counter, seeing her tall friend was nowhere to be found.

“Out for her princess call and sugar call.”

“She sure is whipped.”

“No denial.” Taeyeon still glued to her phone.

A beat passed of silence before Yuri engulfed it with a concern question. “Tae, how are you and Krystal actually?”

“How are we?” She inquired, uninterested.

“How do I know, that’s why I’m asking you.” Yuri retorted, rubbing her nape. She sensed Taeyeon was uninterested by the topic as she kept typing her phone. She sighed. “You hurt her so badly, Tae.” She added on. “And both of you are getting married.”

Taeyeon stopped typing for a while before decided to turn the screen for Yuri to see. It was Krystal whom she was texting. "Tell me how we are."

Yuri mentally sighed again while Taeyeon focused again at her phone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter