Chapter 11

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I know it’s selfish and I’m sorry for not telling you before hand, but I swear it’s for your own good.” He assured her.

Taeyeon began to dislike this conversation heading to, she senses the upcoming problem.

“I have enrolled you in a tournament.”

Her heart dropped instantly and slightly agape. “I.. Wha-.. when?”

“Five months to go.”

“That fast? It’s absolutely a rush. How can I suppose to cope in a short amount of time?” She could feel her heart beat races rapidly.

“You need to have faith either in her and yourself. I believe you can do it. So from now, please put this as your priority. Stay focus.” This was a demand, Taeyeon aware of her brother words. “I’m not asking you to not propose but just postpone it ‘till the tournament ends.”

“Oppa, this is really selfish. I don’t think I c-..”

“Taeyeon, it is a must. When you come to this field, it is business. Put aside everything but ego. Now, I’m telling you as a trainer you are under an obligation as a trainee.”

Jiwoong patted her back and walked away, he ended the conversation leaving her no spaces and stood there dumbfound.

 

 

Today was the grand opening of Yuri and Amber's cafe. It took a whole month of the renovation. Amber just moved in to the city three weeks ago. All of this time, Yuri had no objection of handling things all alone. Yuri was so pleased by JeTiSun's design of her new cafe. The trio sure knew how to do their magic. Good taste, Yuri might say. Everything was settled, Yuri even prepared for the band. Every night they would have at least one band to entertain the guests.

It's been a busy day, though it was the first day, but it seems people were already intrigued. Yuri, Tiffany, and Amber were having a little hard time to handle this hectic situation. Thankfully, Sunny was there to help. Since SooTae had their practice and Jessica was working, they couldn't make it in the day light. But they promised they would come at night.

Yuri, of course agreed and happy, but she was demanding something from her best friends as the reason of their absence. Taeyeon and Jessica would be singing tonight as the guest stars. Feeling guilty, the pair agreed immediately. And for Sooyoung, Yuri demands her to help them for a week when she was free from her training. Poor Sooyoung.

The night was finally come, and they were gathering in round table already. As usual, barista Amber was in action while the group was chatting and enjoying the band performed.

Jessica was sitting on Taeyeon's laps listening to the serenade the band was playing. Taeyeon could feel the relaxation when Jessica leaned in her crook. The tension she felt since her brother told her about the completion was exhausted her.

These past days she has been contemplating about the situation. She wasn’t sure how to tell the blonde; though she had the feeling the blonde noticed her pressure over the continuous stressful training her brother gave her. No wonder her brother was so famous and successful in his career and there were so many managers wanted him to train their rookies. That was because he was strict to the rule and knew to play the trick in a battle. He won't let any chances slip away.

She knew her brother meant well and it was for her own career but it was just too sudden. She didn't even want to imagine how the blonde would react over this. They were few times that she wanted to tell the blonde but she always holds it back.

She shrugged the thought away. At least for now, just for tonight she wants to give her mind a rest. She looked around to her friends, they seem so engrossed with the song and the couples were giving each other warm through the hugs they shared.

It was TaengSic turn to sing when the band lasted their performance. Yuri walked to the stage and called for the couple.

“TaengSic, come up.” Everyone was cheering and clapping for the couple. Taeyeon was a bit reluctant but Jessica confidently dragged her up on her feet.

“Come on, baby. Let's show'em.” Jessica flashed her famous sweet smile to the guests and walked up on the stage.

Taeyeon breathed heavily as she sitting on a stool a guitar was already sitting on her laps; her hands were still busy shifting the microphone stand holder conveniently. Jessica sits on the other stool while holding a microphone to her own.

They shared a look before Jessica nodded as a sign for Taeyeon to begin. Just then the strumming of the guitar was filling the whole room following with the first verse of the song.

[T] I remember what you wore on our first day

You came into my life and I thought

“Hey, you know, this could be something”

[J] ‘Cause everything you do and word you say

You know that it all takes my breath away

And now I left with nothing

 [TJ] So maybe it’s true that I can’t live without you

And maybe two is better than one

But there’s so much time to figure out the rest of my life

And you’ve already got me coming undone

And I’m thinking two is better than one

Together, they sang in sync, they knew how to drift in harmony. They completed each other with their perfection and imperfection. They hit it off way too well. Through the spoken or even unspoken words they both could easily read each other.

 [J] I remember every look upon your face

[T] The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste

You make it hard for breathing

[TJ] ‘Cause when I close my eyes and drift away

I think of you and everything’s okay

I’m finally now believing

Although once in a while their eyes would briefly meet the audiences, it didn’t escape from the sight that they shared the meaningful look more on each other through the every single word they sang. Both knew so well that they meant it, they meant for each other.

[TJ] So maybe it’s true that I can’t live without you

And maybe two is better than one

But there’s so much time to figure out the rest of my life

And you’ve already got me coming undone

And I’m thinking two is better than one

The couple had their eyes locked the moment where the lyric was really portraying their unbreakable love. Aware, they were truly aware of how important one’s presence to another. They were lost in expression of dynamic.

[T] I remember what you wore on our first day

You came into my life and I thought hey

[TJ] So maybe it’s true that I can’t live without you

And maybe two is better than one

But there’s so much time to figure out the rest of my life

And you’ve already got me coming undone

The friends of the couple were watching them, admiring them as they sank in serenade. They caught the thread from the couple which leads the couple into this level of their relationship. They were envious of the love the couple shared. It was purely flawless.

[TJ] And I’m thinking, ooh, I can’t live without you

‘Cause, baby, two is better than one

There’s so much time to figure out the rest of my life

And I’ve figured out with all that’s said and done

Two is better than one

Two is better than one

When they reached the last line of the lyric their eyes barely had time to leave each other. They internally shut the vaguely sounds surround them transferring the warmth inside their souls. When the music ended with Taeyeon gave it the last strum of her guitar. It brought joyous to everyone in the room; they clapped admiringly of their awesome performance. Some was shouting for one more request of song but both were politely declined saying that if they were given opportunity to perform next time they would.

When the pair returned to their seat, soon they got endless compliment from their friends. It was like they were born to complete each other’s life. Tiffany said that maybe they should be starting on new path in music career as a duet instead of being a racer and a fashion designer. Both just laughed it off, they knew what they want and need. They do make a joke if they were failed in the paths they were pursued right now maybe they would give it a try in music.

They chatted for a while longer before each pair decided to call it a night. Yuri, Amber, and Tiffany still stayed to clean up everything though their friends had offered to help but they refused reasoning that everyone has their own activity tomorrow and need to rest up early. Before they left Yuri demanded them about being the guest star in her café every Saturday night, however the couple were still left the question hanging and they asked to give them the time to think about it.

Taeyeon and Jessica left after the Sooyoung and Sunny. The pair headed back to their flat. Just Taeyeon turned off the engine the blonde had insisted to take a walk to the park nearby. Taeyeon, knew Jessica just wanted to spend some time outside besides at their flat. It’s been busy weeks that the pair hardly had time to go out to get some fresh air.

It was chilly breeze night; both were curled inside each other embrace under Taeyeon’s racer jacket. Jessica had her hands encircled around Taeyeon’s waist as Taeyeon’s hand around her shoulder bringing her as close as possible.

They took a seat on the bench when they arrived. They were engulfed in silence. It was indeed late and they were the only one left alone at the park. The sound of their breathing was the only thing that has them occupied. After a while the racer breaks the silence.

“What do you think about Yuri’s question earlier, babe? Do you want to accept it?” Taeyeon asked as she planted a tender kiss on Jessica’s crown.

“Hmm, it’s not bad though if we take it. I could see people were enjoying it. What do you think then, do you want it?”

Taeyeon could sense the smile when the blonde spoke; she knew Jessica always loves to sing too. She knew the blonde likes to share everything in the songs they sang so people could felt the spark inside them. Of course, Taeyeon would happily accept it if the blonde wants it.

“I’ll take whenever you feel like it to.”

As long as the blonde happy, she would accept whatever it is. Then something crossed her mind, she thinks for a while before decided to say it. Her reluctance was making it a little hard. She was afraid this would ruin the good that they have so far.

“Babe, remember that you ever asked me about lots of training that I’ve been doing?” She waited, after she felt a nod against her crook she continued. “I know that you’ve been complaining about it because it makes us spend a little time nowadays. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry. I know it’s important to you and sooner or later I know I should get use to it.” Jessica relented, she knew she should.

“Actually, I think it would be tough for the next five months.”

Jessica pushed herself up from the embrace as a look of concern flashed in her eyes. “How so?”

“My brother enrolled me in a tournament. It might cause me to through a lot of chaotic situation.”

“Oh.”

That was the only word that she managed to let it out. She didn’t know what she was supposed to say. All her mind suddenly began messy in a twist. It got Taeyeon worried a bit, she expected a bit of wrath Jessica would throw to her but somehow she too afraid of that action. And this ‘oh’ wasn’t a good sign either. 

This new makes her sick. It notched her stomach cluttering in a good throb. This couldn’t be escaped for as long as she wanted it to. Of course, Jiwoong would do anything to make his sister to be a famous racer. It was his duty as trainer but as a brother, couldn’t he be a little bit considerate and let Taeyeon take a break for a while? She didn’t ask anything much; all she needs was some time more with Taeyeon without her to think about her ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter