Chapter 10

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah!! Kwon Yuri, You’re so dead!!” She yelled back. “I’m gonna chop your leg when I see you and I’m-.. What the!!!” She stared at her phone only to find the tanned girl had just hung up on her. “You’re so dead dead man, Kwon Yuri.” Another rings, she hastily pressed the button. “I’m so going to kill you and I’m-..” Her eyes widened when she heard the voice on the other line. “Aboeji??!!”

 

“That was hilarious. I can’t believe you lashed out on Uncle Jung instead on Yuri.” Sooyoung couldn’t help but to laughed her off when Taeyeon told her about the incident. Taeyeon told her that she got teased by her girlfriend who nearly fell on the floor just because being weak in the knees after watching Taeyeon’s face turned red due to embarrassment. But Taeyeon still thanked God nevertheless; Jessica’s dad was only playfully scolding her and complaining about her not being cautious enough in speaking.

It was two weeks after, Sooyoung and Sunny just moved to Seoul yesterday and Sooyoung already invited Taeyeon to meet up, while Sunny was shopping with Jessica in Yeongdeungpo Times Square which was located near Yeongdeungpo Station on Subway Line 1 in the west Seoul. Both racers were chit-chatting in one of the cafes on Yeongdeungpo Avenue near the mall while waiting for their girlfriends done shopping then go fetch them up.

“Yah, stop laughing!! Yuri is so definitely dead when I meet her.”

“Oh, your wish will be granted in two days, I believe.” Sooyoung winked at her.

“What? Yuri and Tiffany will be moving in two days?” She asked rather surprised.

“Yup, Yuri is moving first then Tiffany will follow after a week. Since you knew Tiffany’s dad isn’t so ready to let her one and only daughter move away from him so soon after graduating from high school. So her dad requested her to stay for a week.” Sooyoung explained then sipping her cold mocha cappuccino while Taeyeon was spooning her favorite thing, ice cream.

“That’s what I thought.”

“Did she tell you about her new place for her new cafe?” Taeyeon looked at questioningly. “Yuri.” Taeyeon shook her head unknowingly. “Well, she had chosen the place through internet and she’ll meet the landlord in an instant the moment she gets here. She had sent me some pictures and I must say it’s quite nice, the place, though it still needs a little touch of interior.”

“We aren’t having the skillful girlfriends for nothing.” Taeyeon grinned as Sooyoung cracked a smirk in return.

“Bingo. That’s just what came into my mind. Tiffany, Jessica and my bunny, they sure do have sense. They could take care of the designs thing.”

Taeyeon nodded slightly grinning in agreement. “Anyway, I went to visit my Oppa two days ago. I told her about our plan to meet him. Could you spare sometimes?”

True to be told, her patient was getting thinner each day of thinking about her training. It’s been more than two weeks that she was out of field, she missed the arena terribly. It was just like second home for her. However, for the sake of Jessica, she didn’t even want to mention about it. It wasn’t like Jessica didn’t allow her to, it just that she feels that Jessica was over possessive of her presence.

“Sure, just let me know when you decided to meet him again.”

Taeyeon shows her thumbs up. “Cool.”

 

“So, how is your little life with Taeyeon? I mean now, you’re just moving in together. Is there something new you discovered beside her ertness?” Sunny burst in fit of laughter as she saw Jessica glared at her.

They were currently shopping in one of the store in Yeongdeungpo Mall. Jessica’s eyes were focused on the Prada shoes as her fingers brushed along the heels.

“Ooh, those heels will look good on you, it matches perfectly with your sheer lingerie we just bought before. 50.000 Won, nosebleed when she sees you on it.”

Embarrassed, Jessica slapped her hard on her arm. “Can’t you stop joking about that?” A pout crossed the short blonde hair girl wrinkling her nose when Jessica snapped her eyes back to the object before them.

“Taeyeon is such a sweetheart.”

“It’s nothing new.”

“No, I mean, incredibly sweet sweetheart. She mostly did the laundry before I woke up no matter how many times that I told her that I’d do that but she refused, afraid that I’m too tired. She even prepared a hot bath for me every night. Sometimes if I had woken up late then she’d be the one to prepare breakfast.” The blonde explained about her lover in so much admiration. Sunny listened to her attentively when she saw the look from the best friend of her. Love. The look of love has shown when she describes Taeyeon.

“If you asked me what I have discovered after living with Taeyeon for two weeks then I might say there are so many things that I’ve never imagined it have existed in her.” Jessica informed her fingers were kept on brushing the heels on the counter as if she did it in purpose just to deceive people from noticing her drowning in her deep thoughts. “For more than half of my life I knew her and for almost five years of being her girlfriend, I thought I have known her enough but in these past two weeks, it proves me wrong.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah, wow, right? I know.”

“She’s doing good thing, then why did you sound so concerned?”

“I get used to it. Everything, even the simplest thing she did, I like it. I love it. She makes me so perfect, treats me like a princess.”

“You are her princess.” Sunny pressed it truthfully.

“I know she means well. But she spoils me too much, it’s frightened me at the thought once she starts her training and all again then I’m gonna lose her warm just because her business.”

True to be told, things like this hardly get out of her system. She wants to tell Taeyeon about this but she knew better, Taeyeon would think it is tiring.

“Sica, we can’t hold them back.” She knew Sunny was referring to their lovers racers. “Sometimes I feel irritating too whenever I and Sooyoung have arguments about it but what can I do? I could just try to let it go.” Sunny tried to ease anxiety, only vaguely noticing Jessica heaved a soft weary sigh as her face scrunch a bit, clearly thinking.

“Has Soyoung mentioned anything about their training session?”

“I think she is behaving. She’s better not mention anything since we barely moved here for two days. Has Taeyeon mentioned it?” Curiosity she felt after receiving the question from the blonde.

“Nope, but I think they both have talked about it already since you know those two shares everything. Just like now, I bet they are talking about it.”

“Woah, did you have like sixth sense or something?”

“I just knew Taeyeon might be.” She stated in a tone that didn’t go unnoticed by Sunny. Not that she only knew Taeyeon for four months. This wasn’t something unfamiliar for her.

“Just try to be patient.” Sunny suggested.

“Good thing that you have that patience, Sunny.”

“Oh, I’m not that so good myself, Sica, and you know it. I just thought that maybe sometimes we need to be....relented?” Sunny wasn’t even sure what she said, that’s why the word came out questioningly.

“It’s not my place, it’s Taeyeon’s.” Jessica disputed. Relent? That was just so not her. She used to feel relented by Taeyeon, so why now they have to switch the place?

“That’s what I’m saying, try to be. I know all along that Taeyeon did the work but don’t you think it’s not always fair for her? Everyone has limited of patience, so don’t make them lose it in a split. Taeyeon’s also only a human, not a stupid doll.” Sunny turned around to leave.

It hits her hard, real hard on her face. She was never expecting that from Sunny, not anybody. Does everybody judge her for treating Taeyeon like a doll? What is that suppose to mean? Wasting no time, she caused Sunny to stumble when she pulled her backwards.

“What was that? A stupid doll, really? Is that what you think of Taeyeon all this time I and she are dating?”

“Don’t take it wrong. I’m just saying this to make you realize that Taeyeon needs her times doing the thing she likes. Okay?” Sunny asserted distinctly.

“No, but you just made it sounds like Taeyeon did things just because I asked her to not because she wanted to. And just because you’re my best friend, it doesn’t mean you have the right to say things like that, Sunny.” Jessica was a little hurt by Sunny statement earlier, and her action shows the impact.

“Sica, I-...”

“Do you even see yourself? Sooyoung wasn’t doing any better either.”

“Okay, Sica, you need to stop. I don’t mean to make such an argument with you. This supposed to be our good time for shopping which is why explains that we didn’t invite those two racers with us.” Sunny heaved a sigh as she saw Jessica looked away, unable to gaze into her eyes. “Hey, look at me.” She drew a hand bringing Jessica attention to her. “I’m sorry about what I said earlier. You’re right I don’t have the right to say that, let’s just stroll for an hour more then we can call them to pick us up. Alright?” She saw Jessica’s gaze softened as she nodded gently. “Alright, let’s go then.”

 

The sun was about to set when finally the lovebird on their way back to their home. Though the wind was suffering them in a cold air that slamming on their face but the sun was still so bright shone over them. Warm inside, having each other company while enjoying the scenery of their new environment that wasn’t so familiar for them just yet. Taking more times to ride around, Jessica straightened her position then tightened her hold around Taeyeon’s waist which drew a smile on the racer’s face. The handle left empty without a grip when the racer moves her left hand to cup a pair of hands on her waist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter