Chapter 16

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She touched the ring. “I should’ve let you go years ago, but I couldn’t. Still can’t. Because I was hopelessly falling too deep in love with you and I still am.” She sighed heavily still holding back the unshed tears. “One more time, Sica. If you appear one more time in front of me right now, that’s my cue to never stop loving you. I’ll find you back again. But.. If you don’t.” She paused. “If you don’t... then I.. I should let you go and love Krystal.”

 

 

“Is this the address? I mean you didn’t get it wrong, right? We’ve been wandering around this complex for quite some times and all we got is back in the same spot, in this park.” The girl complained with the huff and puffing cheek following along.

The parents have sent them to pay a visit for their client’s wife who was just sent back home from recovering a disease. Some fruits and some packs of milk and oat were settled in their hands. Both have been strolling for almost an hour yet they couldn’t find the right place.

“It can’t be wrong. I listened and noted it down all right.” She massaged her nape tiredly. “How could it be wrong? It is this block I’m sure.”

 “Whatever, I’m tired, I’m just gonna sit down here.” The smaller girl slammed her on the bench nearby.

Shuffling, she scooted closer to the girl before mimicking the girl. She sighed. “You rest here; I’m just going to have one more round okay? See, if I could find it.” She took some items from the smaller girl then heading out the park.

“Alright, good luck, baby.” She sighed. Looking around the park, a smile crossed her lips when she watched kids hollering around and playing balls, some was on the swing. Parents were keeping an eye on them from afar. From the corner of her eyes she caught a glimpse of her girlfriend stood few steps away nearby the gate of the park. Arms akimbo, an admiration displayed on the girl’s eyes as she examining the blue Suzuki GSX-R1000 that parked charmingly. She growled in annoyance, feet stomped on the ground. “Yoong, go now!!”

“Wait a minute, Sooji-ah.” Yoona yelled back.

“NOW!!!” She pointed Yoona to go again. Yoona groaned frustratingly before turning her heels and walked away.

Sooji sits back down on the previous spot, shaking her head. Her girlfriend was really a lunatic of motogp. Good thing Uncle Im never agreed to let Yoona has one; it would be a disaster if she has it.

“Oops, sorry, Unnie.” A seven year old girl apologized for startling her after the her rubber ball hitting Sooji’s side.

“Never mind, baby girl.” She ruffled the girl’s hair before reached the ball and playfully threw her ball to the little girl. The girl grinned at her as she mirroring the action.

“Dongsaeng.”

“Oppa.” The little turned to her ten year old brother who was running to her way. “Unnie, let’s play.” She gazed back at Sooji smiling at her. “Oppa we can play with Unnie, right?” The boy nodded happily. “Unnie.” The girl tugged her hand pulling her to the playing area.

“Okay, okay.”

 

 

Eyes were not focusing on anywhere but the girl sat on the chair not far away from her. She took the chance to notice the girl behavior since she entered the place earlier. Lifeless. Puffy cheeks and swollen eyes, she sighed at the sight. It must have something to do with the girl relationship again. It wasn’t the first time the girl turns up like this.

Hand propped up beneath her chin, arm falls flat on the table and fingers drum. Should she make her way to the girl or just stay here and watch the girl until she leaves? Tongue flicks, cheeks pops, she decided just sit here and watch. “Yeah, sit and watch, you pathetic.” She grumbled at herself.

Arm draped around her shoulders caused her to tilt and stare at her company. “Go talk to her.” Head shakes, indicating she objected the suggestion. “Why not?” Shoulders lifted up and down. “What do you mean you don’t know?” Silence. Her companion groaned when she got no response. “Can you utter a word? It’s like I’m talking to the wall.”

“What do you want me to talk to her, Yul?”

“Anything could make her alright, at least. Look, just talk to her, comfort her. Something was up between her and Tae, I can tell. I didn’t know what happen this time but whatever it is, it must have something to do with Tae being an idiot again.” She explained, their eyes averted back to the girl’s form. “I know you care about her, Am. The least you can do is always be there for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on. I know my advice sounds selfish and I couldn’t blame you if you neglected it since it would’ve caused you end up hurting. We all know she loves Tae but we are not blind to see that love isn’t come around yet and I doubt it would come anytime soon.” She sighed dejectedly. “It’s been freaking four years yet Tae still gives her nothing in return.”

“I-..”

“It’s not fair for her right? It’s not fair for you too, I know.” She interrupted her. “If what you feel for her is strong enough which I know it is, let her know you will always be there for her. Maybe one day, just maybe she’ll come around to you.”

A pat on her shoulder, then Yuri pushed herself up from the counter about to leave. “What if that day never comes?”

“Then at least you left a very big piece in her heart as a reminder for being a truely caring friend. Your choice, Amber.” Yuri motioned her head. “I’m going to head out to Tiffany’s shop. Bye, Am.”

Watching her friend left, she inhaled deeply before slowly exhaled it. Stood up on her feet, relaxing her tense muscles before made her way to the younger girl. “Hey, Krys.” The younger girl looked up flashing her a small smile as the tomboy took a seet next to her. “Do you want burritos?” Krystal shook her head. “You haven’t had anything since you came; I thought perhaps you might hungry.”

“I don’t have appetite.”

“How about we walk and talk?” Amber asked carefully hoping for the girl to agree. Offering her hand while standing up, the girl took it rather hesitantly.

Few minutes of silence, only the shuffling sounds were heard from the both of them. The tomboy glanced at the younger girl, saddness and disappointment in her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Krys? What happened?” Amber placed a hand on Krystal’s squeezing it lightly. They stopped walking. A lone tear rolls down unexpectedly. Amber quickly tugged her into her embrace. Chin rests upon the tomboy’s shoulder and arms wrapped around her figure. Amber her hair whiles her other free hand doing circular motion on the girl’s small back.

“She will forever love my sister, Amber.” She croacked, her fingers desperately dug against Amber’s back.

“Ssshh, Krys. I’m here. It’s alright. Sshh, I’m always here.” If her presence could ease up what the younger girl feels then screw the ending of getting hurt. Everything she does is a form of her sincere affection to the girl. Krystal needs a place to cave, and she’ll be the refuge for her. Although this wasn’t fair for herself then so be it, she care for this girl that’s all she knows.

 

 

“Just one more time, Sica-yah. Once more...please.” She closed her eyes hoping for a miracle emerged before her eyes. “One.” She breathed. “Two.” Her gripped on the ring got tightened. “Three.” She let out a whisper. Hesitantly she opened her eyes. “What was I thinking?” She chuckled bitterly. “How come will you appear? Stupid me. Maybe Sooyoung was right, it was all my hallucination.” She lifted up the item on her grip, she reminisced it one last time. “I should let you go and be there for Krystal, caring her and loving her.”

Her eyes casted downward upon the dropping items when a bump against her soft grip. A rubber ball was gliding away a few steps from her. Bending down, hand stuck out to pick the chaining ring.

“I’m sorry, Unnie.”

Hearing the child like voice, both cheeks crinkled up as she lifting her head up. “It’s...” Her smile dropped the second she spotted the little girl stood up next to a woman. The most familiar woman she would ever known in her deepest slumber even only have to hear her voice. What she hasn’t grown accustomed to is only the coloring hair.

No words exchanged, seems like the world has stopped moving at the moment. She stared at the woman. She wasn’t hallucinating, was she? Impossible. There was no way she was hallucinating. This is real. It was indeed odd when she prayed to meet the girl and she happened to pop up in front of her. It was odd in the best , was it not?

“Little girl, go play with your brother. Okay, I’ll get going after I let her know that you didn’t mean to what you’ve done.” The little girl grinned sheepishly then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter