Chapter 18

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The roaring sound of Taeyeon's motorbike only then Krystal recovered from her daze. Her hand waved at Taeyeon but her mind still somewhere else in lalaland. If she said she wasn't excited it'd be a lie. Over these days she felt Taeyeon's efforts of making her happy and giving her endless attention, most importanly her priority.

"Thank you, Taeyeon."

 

***

 

Taeyeon stopped by Yuri and Amber's cafe after dropping Krystal off at her office. She sat on the stool at the counter. "Give me your best coffee shot, Amber."

"Coming right away." The tomboy did what she was best at before presenting a cup of coffee that Taeyeon’s ordered. “So.” She began catching the attention of the ex racer before folding her arms on the table. “How are you and Krystal doing? She hasn’t came here for days.”

Honestly, Taeyeon was sick enough of that question. Only that she knew her friends were concerned about her, more over about Krystal. The younger girl has been hurting too much and it was because of..her.

“We’re good.It’s out of your concern, Amber. And if she hasn’t came to visit you means we’re in good term.” It went a bit too sarcasm than Taeyeon had meant to.

Amber frowned before slowly jerked back.

“I didn’t me-..I’m sorry, Am.”

Amber shook her head lifting her hands in objecting motion. “You’re right. I shouldn’t have asked.” She was about to leave until  Taeyeon spoke up.

“I know you care, Amber. About Krystal. I know you do. Thank you. As you can see I’m really trying.”

The sincerity was there and Amber could feel it. “But you’re not trying hard enough, Unnie.I respect you since you’re older than me, we’ve been friends for years and Krystal is too far gone with the love she has for you. All you did was you kept repeating your mistakes, you kept disappointing her.”

“Kept. I’m fixing it. I’m trying to make it up to her.”

“I don’t know, Unnie.Just remember one thing I’m so ready for her. I can take care of her.”

“Are you saying you want to replace me?”

“I wish I could. Then again, she’s in too deep in love with you. I don’t care if she takes me as a rebound or something. I’ll be willingly to accept it.”

Taeyeon snorted not liking a bit of what has came from Amber. She gazed away from the tomboy to her own hands. Ashamed. She was ashamed.

 

***

 

Today was her first day, Oh God knows how nervous she was. But who can blame her, wasn’t it supposed to be this way when you were in your first day at work. Nervous and all giddy at the same time. She glanced around and noticed there was only 10.30AM. Not many people were around yet. There were only a child about 4 years old with a parent who was reading a newspaper while the child was spooning the cotton candy frappucino.

At the other side of the room there was a boy, probably in junior high, playfully throwing the sugar candy inside his mouth.

Sooji shook her head, that was definitely going to be a work for her to clean up the mess if the boy couldn’t catch the candies which he threw messily.

 

***

 

“Sunny, seriously?”

“Why yes, Tiffany.”

“It’s early and you’re already craving for ice cream.” The taller girl babbled as they made their entry to the ice cream shop.

“I’m very well aware of the calorie and you see my getting-wider waist? I blame my shikshin girlfriend for it. And this.” Sunny pointed to the counter. “Is for her. I lost a bet to her last night.”

“What were guys betting about anyway?” Tiffany questioned side glancing her before rummaging her bags to find her ringing phone. “Just a sec.” She walked away with the rectangular device attached to her ear.

“Oh God, save by the phone.” She strode straight to the counter and ordered while waiting for Tiffany to return.

“Why is everyone so demanding these days?” Came Tiffany’s voice behind her.

“Yuri?”

“Who else? She dropped by the shop and couldn’t find me, now she wants me back immediately.”

“And why is that?”

“Says the workers can’t handle the customers without me. I mean I wouldn’t have been hired them if they can’t even serve people.”

“Well, sure that’s the reason why?”

“Oh don’t start, Sunny. You know how sensitive I can be.” She waved her hand to dismiss the thing they talked about.

“Your order, Miss.”

“Yeah, thanks.” The ice cream man handed Sunny a plastic bag then they began to slid out from the shop.  “Oh shoot.” Sunny face palmed herself.

“What, what, what?”

“Let’s get back.”

“What? Sunny, why? I believe you have all your ice cream with you.”

“Candy. Cotton candy.” Sunny hurriedly rushed back with Tiffany following closely behind.

“What the….” Tiffany waved it off. “You act like someone is dying.”

“I am dying if you haven’t noticed.” Sunny replied as she reached the shop and entered it in brisk.

 

***

 

“Sooji-ssi.” She turned from the cashier counter when she heard her boss called for her.

“Ah, yes, Mr. Shim.”

“Can you help Luna in the kitchen for a sec? Chanyeol is out to the grocery.” He informed.

“Okay, it’s no problem.”

He smiled at her as he took charge at the cashier just as the two girls entered his shop. “Order, miss?” He asked politely when they made in front of the counter.

“Two cotton candies, one cotton candy frappucino.” The shorter girl paused and tilted to her side to asked her friend. “Fany, you want some beverage?”

“I think I’ll have black tea mango lemonade instead of candy drinks.” The shorter girl’s friendsaid.

“Okay, so one black tea mango lemonade.” The shorter girl repeated to him.

“Two cotton candies, one cotton candy frappucino and one black tea mango lemonade. Anything else, miss?”

“Oh no, that’s all.”

“Okay, your name, miss?”

“Sunny.” He nodded while typing away her name in the cashier machine before telling her the cost of her order then she handed him some cashes.

“Alright, Miss Sunny, while I place your order it’ll take five or ten minutes, you may have a seat first. I’ll call you when it’s done. Thank you.”

He watched her gave him a nod along with a smile before ushered her friend to an empty table. Marching his way to the kitchen, he saw his new employee busy helping Luna making the cotton candy.

“Sooji, here is the new order, give it to Hyori.”

“Yes, sir.” Sooji quickly took the paper from the offering hand and glued it on the counter where Hyori was making the beverage.

“Thanks, Sooji.” She smiled shaking her head saying it’s nothing.

 

***

 

“This place is cosy, we should hang here sometimes instead at the ice cream parlor. It’s been too often there.” Tiffany suggested as she viewing around the place.

“Yes, but three dorks love ice cream, especially my girlfriend.” Sunny replied not bothering to look at Tiffany as she busy checking her phone.

“Your girlfriend loves everything related to food.” Sunny sighed then placed her phone on the table. No argument to that, Tiffany was stating the fact.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter