Chapter 5

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There stood an angel in her white sundress above her knees and a handbag hung on her shoulder with one hand holding a container covered by pink material near the bench.

“Taeyeon, can we talk?”

After giving some thought of what the tan girl had told her to do, she wanted to give it a try. Even she had kept on telling herself this is mad, this is insanely bad idea. But her sanity has out of her control. This is not right, true but and again wrong. For some reasons that she thinks what Yuri told her was maybe right.

“Here, your lunch.”

She handed the container to bewildered Taeyeon. Sooyoung had decided to change in their locker room probably took a quick shower too, and left them both to have their talk. So now they were sitting on the bleachers on the arena.

"Uhm..."

She looked at Taeyeon who was hesitating to take the container.

"I made it."

It makes Taeyeon more confused by her sudden treatment.

"No poison, I promise." She chuckled when Taeyeon finally reached out to take it from her. Seeing the latter uneasiness, she tried to pick up a topic.

"How was the training?"

"Tiring but refreshing though. I always love it."

"I could see your passion on it."

"Ppany-ah." Tiffany always likes it whenever Taeyeon called her name in Korean accent. It sounds so different yet she felt it matches her perfectly. "Not to sound rude and just out of my curiosity. What are you doing here and why did you make me lunch? Aren't you having class with Sica?"

"I knew you'd ask, Tae. I skip it. I plan to give you this so here I am."

"Only that? But why?"

"Would you believe me and stay or you'll run if I told you I do have crush on you, Taeyeon?"

It left Taeyeon speechless. What in the world did she just hear? Is she hear things right or her mind is playing trick on her?

"Guess I'm right. You wouldn't believe me."

"I-i don't understand."

"I like you, Taeyeon. But knowing you loves Jessie like there’s nothing matter but her and vice versa, I couldn't even bring myself to confront both of you sometimes."

"Ppany-ah, I c-.."

"No, Tae, just let me finish. Though I know what your answer would be and I'll be rejected, then let me be. I'm not asking you to accept my feeling, just listen to me, please. "

Taeyeon sighed internally; she knew all she could do right now was let the girl pour all her emotion.

"Your sweetness, your affection, your caring, your faithfulness, you show it all to Jessie. Even though Jessie is my best friend, I do envy her so much. Just for a second, only a second how I wish you could look at me and love me like the way you do to her. I’m not doing this to ruin your relationship with her; I just need a refreshing by letting things out."

Tiffany now has her face turned away from her, looking at the opposite of the arena tried as hard as she could to avoid eye contact. Confusion comes over Taeyeon as she didn't know what to do when she heard the sobbing sound coming from the redhead.

Taeyeon put aside the container on the bleacher as she slowly stood up and kneeled down in front of Tiffany. For a moment she was hesitating, a minute passed she decided to take the girl's hand in hers.

"Thank you."

Tiffany tilted her head and looked at her in the eyes.

"Thank you for your confession. I appreciated it so much; I might say you're brave enough to do so." Taeyeon gave her a light squeeze against her skin. "You know, you'll face HellSica if she finds out." Both chuckled at her remarks.

Then Taeyeon carried on. "I've acknowledged your feeling." Tiffany struck for a while, she never knew this. She thought she had done her best to hide it. If Taeyeon knows then Jessica does too. "It was when starting last year, Yuri told me about it. Then I've noticed what she said was true. You blushed when I complimented you, you'd get shy when I deliberately looked at you a little bit longer. You'd smile secretly if I said something even that wasn't funny at that time."

Tiffany looked at her clearly surprised. How could she just be in her own little world when actually her crush was noticing her?

"Did you know I heard your heart beating crazily when there was only the two of us if we were in the same room?"

"Hu-huh??"

"There you are blushing again."

Tiffany quickly covered her face by her hands. Taeyeon giggled at her cuteness.

"Jessie will definitely kill me for this." She murmured.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter