Chapter 17

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven't updated this in a while, I'm really nervous of what you guys might think. Hahaha Please share some opinion of yours, okay?

 

 

Sunny laughed it off when she heard the question, shaking her head with her helmet already on. “Silly. I just have my lunch and I’m not you.”

“Right.” She took a glance at the pair only to found them disappeared by the door.

 

 

“Unbelievable. That’s impossible.” The shorter girl stated rather disbelief. The lanky girl threw her hands in the air at the remark from her girlfriend as if almost telling the girl with the expression ‘that’s what I’m saying’. Sunny stared at her strangely unsure. “So she keeps telling you how she meets Sica? I mean the girl who looked like Sica? Then when you argued she strikes you on the face?” She pointed her own nose.

Head lifted up and down. She sat on the coffee table with Sunny opposite her on the couch. She was in her deep thought again. “Is it even possible?”

“I thought I just said it’s impossible, Sooyoung.”

“No, no, I thought I saw....” She trailed off, a bit hesitant to continue.

“You saw her too?” Gasp came from Sunny before she inquired expectantly, her brows knitted and her forehead creased.

“Not sure, I think I must’ve been thinking too much about it and Taeyeon’s hallucination is kinda starting to rub off on me.” Sooyoung flicked her tongue.  Fingers drummed upon her thigh.

“Where did you think you see her?”

“The restaurant you were in.”

 

 

Another night with vacant living room, no sounds, no lights, no one to occupy the seat on the couch in front of the television while waiting for her. No smile and no greeting to welcome her back home after her long day at the field. A disappointed sigh and frown crossed her face.

Feet shuffled across the room, slowly removing her jacket then threw it carelessly on the nearest chair. Carefully, she climbed up the bed with a sleeping figure lying on her side. Body hovered on top of the girl. Fingers hovered upon the upper arm, slowly made its way to the soft and adorable skin on the cheek.

“Krystal.” The girl whimpered softly at the husky voice. “Soojung.” Two brown orbs opened meeting the darker ones. The dimmed room didn’t prevent them from observing each other. “Soojung.” The younger girl took a whole minute to digest her Korean name that vibrated in her ears.

“Please, get of-” Taeyeon slumped her body on top of the girl who was stunned by the sudden act. She wanted to say something but her dry throat prevents her to do so.

“I’m sorry. I really am sorry. Please, forgive me. I know I was wrong, I’m at fault. You can blame me for all you want, but please talk to me. Stop ignoring me and treating me like I don’t even exist.” Her body was rigid as Taeyeon clung onto her like her life depends on it.

“Taeyeon, I want to sleep, please.” Her voice came out as a whisper as she looked away from Taeyeon’s expecting eyes.

At that moment one thing that crossed Taeyeon’s mind was the sisters were so much alike. Taeyeon remembers one of the moments when she and Jessica had couple fight, the blond would always gave her a cold shoulder and silent treatment. Taeyeon propped her body up then cupped Krystal’s cheek. “Soojung, look at me, please.”

Krystal hesitantly tilted her head sligtly.

“You know that I’m not perfect and I’m sorry that I can’t be the perfect fiancee that you want me to be. I’m just only human who can always make mistakes. Maybe you’ll think that I’m incorigible because of the way I behave. You tried to understand me and let me did those mistakes over and over again. In the end, you’re hurting and I was just selfishly ignored that. I’m bad, a jerk who doesn’t deserve you.” She breathed. “I beg for chances. I should be ashamed for asking more than once, but I can’t help myself. You know your sister means so much to me. I’ll try again, Soojung. Let me try again for you.”

Krystal was at lost of words. She didn’t know what to say.

“Can  you forgive me?”

“Taeyeon, just..let’s just forget it.” They stared at each other’s eyes for a while before Taeyeon decided to press their lips together. “Taey..hmm.” Krystal struggled but Taeyeon held her arms and kissed her a bit roughly.

“Krystal, please. Don’t push me away anymore.” Taeyeon said once she pulled away when she felt Krystal’s fists curled on her chest tried to shove her off of her. “I..” Taeyeon bit back her tongue unable to say the words she wasn’t sure if she meant to say. Taeyeon kissed her forehead instead.

 

 

Morning came when Taeyeon still lied on the bed. She turned to her side but found no one but a cold bed sheet. She rolled to take glance at the digital clock on the night stand. Krystal must have waken up and gone to work already. She sighed. She placed her palm on the empty sheet rubbing it up and down. It was cold just like her life. Where’s her shelter gone?

It surprised her when she found Krystal stood at the kitchen counter, her back was facing Taeyeon.

“Good morning.” Taeyeon kissed her shoulder as she greeted the young girl. “I thought you off to work already.”

“I take a day off today.”

“Why? Are you not feeling well?” Taeyeon tightened her hold on the girl’s stomach.

“No, I just think that I need to clean up our place today.” The young girl explained.

Taeyeon nodded. “Then, I’ll help you.”

“You don’t have training session today?” Krystal asked her curiously head slightly turned to look at her in the eyes.

“I can always take a day off, Soojung.”

Throughout the morning they cleaned up the furniture. Taeyeon offered to mop the floor. Once she was done with it, Krystal made some tea and prepared it for her.

She walked to their coffee table then slump her down on the couch. She lifted up a cup of tea then took a sip. Krystal sat next to her while pouring a tea spoon of sugar on her own cup. Stirring some, she brought it up and moved it on her lips. A hiss escaped her lips when she felt the satisfying warmth of her tea.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter