Chapter 20

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Five minutes has passed since Sooyoung’s leaving and there was no sign still of her. It was the masculine men’s turn to order now and just one more pair before Taeyeon’s. Clicking her tongue, she tapped her foot then  turn around to leave.

“Jeogiyo.”

Her eyes widened as she stunned on her spot.

Sica?

Taeyeon made a double take before her left foot stepped and followed by the other only to have the customers behind her who were about to leave after taking their orders beat her to it. 

“You left this.” The voice rang bringing Taeyeon back to her sense as she watched the cashier handed the left behind order to the customer. 

Retracting her step she was unaware of the glare the masculine men sent her thinking that she was rudely intruding without having a tendency to queue. Finger scratched the hair out of embarrassment but the corner of her lips curved up almost hard to hold it back. She shoved her hands inside her jacket pocket then stood on her original place. 

“What’s up?” The voice called behind her have her turned around to greet Sooyoung who was busy texting on her phone. 

“I thought you left.” 

“I was about to but after this.” Sooyoung stared up sliding her phone back in her jeans pocket.

“So determine?” Taeyeon grinned rather mischievously but inside of her she was jumping up of joy Sooyoung didn’t leave. This is an opportunity, she thought. 

“The masculine men are the most disgusting human being.” Sooyoung spoke out of the blue.

Taeyeon blinked her eyes rapidly not sure why on earth Sooyoung was saying those things. However soon after it was her turn to scoff when a rather annoying sight meets her eyes. 

“Damn it!” It was meant to be a hiss but it was too harsh when it came out that Sooyoung had to nudge her and sent an apologetic smile to the pair in front of them. 

“I can understand you agree with me but darn it, Tae. Do you have to hiss that loud?” Sooyoung said through her gritting teeth. 

“How dare they flirt with the cashier showing that nasty abs and all like they are the only customer here. In front of me!”

“Woah, easy there, man. I mean, it’s not like they are flirting with your girl.” 

“So what? I don’t like it.” Taeyeon started to make her way to the front surprising Sooyoung who has her eyes grew wide as saucer. 

“Tae, where are you going? Are you crazy? That’s none of our business, okay? Now calm your down.” Sooyoung grabbed her by the shoulders and shove her back. 

“.” Taeyeon cursed under her breath with Sooyoung only shook her head in disbelief. “Anyway, aren’t you tall? Can’t you see how exactly the cashier girl looks like?” 

“I’m offended, shorty. The fact that in front us are two pairs not to mention the masculine men, how can I get the view?” 

“Geez, I was only asking.”  That, of course Taeyeon did it on purpose. Pretends that she didn’t know the cashier was and wishing for Sooyoung to find out herself. Mentally laughed at her intention, she imagined how Sooyoung’s reaction would be. “Anyway why did Sunny call?”

“Oh she wanted me to join her for dinner at her friend’s house. I told her to just send me the address I’ll pick her up later.” Sooyoung informed nonchalantly. 

“For the first time you just rejected a dinner. Not to mention free.” 

“I want to see this girl so bad. Don’t get me wrong I’m just curious.” 

Taeyeon nodded in understanding but inside of her, she was doing a celebration.

Another minutes had passed just the pair in front of them walked away, they were facing the back of the cashier girl who were arranging the candy inside the glass case and a young boy took over at the cashier. 

“What??!!” Sooyoung protested loudly.

“Uh, what what miss?” The boy asked clearly confused.

The disappointment clearly written on her face, it didn’t go different with Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon mentally groaned and cursed the boy, her eyes glared at him in too obvious way. 

“I was just….you see, kid, I was-”

“Chanyeol, I’ll take the place. You can help the others at the back.” A very feminine and angelic voice cut Sooyoung off as the girl appeared in front of them and she was left speechless, too shocked to even blink. 

“Your order, Miss?” The cashier asked while Taeyeon smiled in satisfaction at the Sooyoung’s reaction. 

“Well I..you..I mean.. You..us…yeah..her.” Sooyoung with her trembling hand pointed to Taeyeon. 

“We meet again. Do you remember me?” Taeyeon eagerly blurted out, her eyes were shining so bright. When the cashier girl just hummed, Taeyeon continued. “We met before. Remember? At the ice cream parlor next door and at the park.”

“Oh.” The girl shifted uncomfortably and her fidgeting fingers show them how regretful she was after exchanging place with the young boy.

Taeyeon has learned, she didn’t want to scare the girl away so she should play smoothly. “Anyway, I’m Taeyeon and this is my friend, Sooyoung.” 

 The girl nodded timidly before asking. “So what’s your order?” 

“Uh Sooyoung?”

“Uh…uhm.. I.. I just..” 

Seeing how difficult Sooyoung speaking right now, Taeyeon stepped in. “Just give us the recommendation milkshake and candy for two.” 

 

“What the hell??” Sooyoung snapped at Taeyeon once they out of the shop. She grabbed Taeyeon’s collar and pulled her close. “Mind to explain?”

“I have no clue until you were taking Sunny’s call then I saw her. I told you, I didn’t lie to you. Now tell me, do you believe me?” 

“Screw you, Taeyeon.” Sooyoung shove her hard enough for Taeyeon to halt her heel fast.

“I am, Sooyoung. I’ve been screwed and ruined the moment Jessica had been taken away from me. And that’s been exactly four years.”

They went silent. Sooyoung seemed contemplating what she has to say. “Do you think it’s her?” 

“I have faith. Just the feeling inside me keeps on nagging, telling me it’s her.” 

“I still can’t believe it. We were just talking about her few hours ago and now there she was strangely looking at us.” 

“I know.” 

“What are you gonna do?” 

“Don’t tell Krystal first please, I want to make sure that it’s really Jessica Jung, her sister.” The determination was evident, it makes Sooyoung goosebumps. “I think it’s better not to tell everyone.”

“Soon or later they have to know.”

“I know, but I want to get to know her.” 

“Taeyeon, your wedding is in six months, remember that. I’m afraid you’ll be in too deep unti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter