Chapter 12

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last word was breathed by her lover. Soon her eyes locked at the back of the racer’s back further away to the arena. She grasped her hands tightly together. She knew she won’t sit still, that was why she had asked Taeyeon’s brother to permit her watching the race in the pit line instead on the bleachers. She promised Taeyeon to wait for her anyway, so she just wants to be the one who launches at Taeyeon the moment the race was ended.

“Please, God. Bless her; because you know every step she takes, it’s carrying the beats of my heart with her.”

 

 

It was two weeks later the winning of the rookie that came from Namwon. Now the nation know the female racer named Kim Taeyeon wasn’t any rookie that just tried her luck by taking the opportunity in front of her. Kim Taeyeon proved them wrong that a rookie could do what a senior do as long as the passion and the desire taking its part.

Many adolescents were admiring her skill. She gave a strong arrogance appearance yet amicably of the way she stubbornly wins the race. She couldn’t be categorized as rookie anymore. She has snatched a victory at the first round of competition and records it as the first rookie subdued her senior rivals.

Jessica also has never been grateful more than she already has. The victory of her precious lover has gained a very much attention that not only in sport but many spotlight was thrown to her, one of them was an offer to be an icon in commercial film of motogp.

All of sudden their lives have been public attention and more over their love life thingy. Taeyeon has been in few interviews and some of them were very compelling for Taeyeon to answer their curiosity about her girlfriend. In one of interviews Taeyeon revealed that they were childhood friends and they had been dating for five years. Then come the emcee was asking her if there were any briefly thought about marriage, Taeyeon just laughed and brushed it off by saying that she won’t be hesitating to bring their relationship to the next stage and maybe some close friends need to expect an wedding invitation someday soon. The emcee laughed along and wishes them an eternal relationship and last forever.

Taeyeon soon became hot topic in public media, her news were all over the social network. To be frank, Jessica somehow found this very hard to cope with. She couldn’t bear with the fact many eyes were on her lover whenever they both were hanging out in public places. It was like Jessica didn’t even exist in their eyes, especially for the female teenager squealing and chasing after her for autographs.

Today was one of the not really pleasant in the office, her female co-works kept talking and asking her about Taeyeon. Some of them were envious of the perfect couple.

“So, Jess, did Taeyeon mention about the marriage thing? You know, since she told media about it I guess the plan must have hidden under her sleeves.” One of her co-works, Victoria whom has been closed to her ever since she works in the company asked her.

Victoria was aware of their relationship and she seems very delighted whenever she heard about how faithful and caring Taeyeon was to Jessica. The girl was sincerely happy for the couple and she also grew closer with Taeyeon through some encounters they had, mostly lunch together with the couple. She always teases and urges Taeyeon to marry Jessica already.

She recalled what Taeyeon said this morning after breakfast. She couldn’t help but to feeling unbearable contentment inside her.

“I want a happy family with you pretty soon.”

“I think she has been giving me hints lately but I’m not certain about it. She didn’t say anything just yet.” She said a bit of sadness in her words.  

Victoria cupped her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry; I know she will do it very soon.” Jessica gave her a look that states an inquiry. “Don’t give me that look, I just know.”

Jessica’s phone went off as she saw the screen emerge the caller ID ‘My Love’, she quickly picked it up and slipped it between her neck and shoulder. Victoria gave her unknowingly looked as she answered the call.

“Yes, baby?” Her eyes fixed on the sketch book on her desk, her hands were busy erasing some messy sketches as her eyes momentarily glanced at the person before her. ”Yeongdeungpo Avenue? Oh okay then, it’s fine baby, you don’t need to fetch me. The route it’s fairly far from here. I’ll just hail a cab. Baby, I forgot to take my purse, can you bring it for me? It’s on the night stand. Yes, thank you, baby. I love you too. And baby, be careful on your way there.” She smiled in contentment when she heard her lover’s soft laugh.

“Arraseo. I’ll see you there, babe.”

“See you.”

“Looks like someone is going for a date with her baby?” The question came as soon as she put her phone back into her drawer then locked gaze at the clock. It soon reached 12 PM.

“Yes, sorry, I can’t have lunch with you.” She smiled apologetically.

“It’s alright, go have fun. You better prepare already, lunch comes in seconds.” 

In twenty five minutes later she was already in the cab on her way to restaurant in Yeongdeunpo Avenue. Taeyeon had told her before that she will be arriving a bit late, so she has to wait. She stopped the cab few next door from the restaurant and went inside the accessories store.

She finds an interesting phone case and wants to try it on her phone but mentally cursed herself when she rummaged inside her bag and her phone was nowhere to be found. “Crap! My phone. Ugh~”

What was wrong with her today? Everything just seems easily forgotten, her purse and then her phone. How could she possibly forget about that two important things? Thanks God she always keeps some money in her bag, she thinks it was always necessary.

 

“Here I go. Sica’s purse, check. My phone, check. My wallet, check. And the ring, definitely check.” She holds her chest as she felt her heartbeat quickened in the rib cage. “Oh, this heart is going crazy. Let’s try it once.” She clears . “Sica, will you marry me?” She extended her hands offering the blue velvet box revealing the diamond ring inside.

“Oh my God, that’s it. Hurry up, hurry up, Taeng. I think I have lost my sanity for talking to myself.”

She hurriedly put the velvet box inside her pocket then ran to grab her helmet and rushed out the door. On her way, she fished out her phone tried to call Jessica but the girl didn’t answer. She pressed the end button when the call reached the voice mail and put it back in her jeans pocket.

Her left hand left the handle once again to reach for the velvet box inside her jacket pocket. She just couldn’t hold still. The thought of proposing the girl she loves for years makes her heart squeal in jittery. She didn’t even realize that she was still on her bike trying to keep her equilibrium in place with one hand.

The smile on her face was wiped off the moment a honk came from her right side startling her. Her fast action was to place back her left hand on the steering bar though the box still held in it. Unfortunately the wobbling of her bike to the left side, causing the velvet box almost fell out from her grip almost losing her balance.

She was unconsciously clipping along at a high speed moments before crashing into the back of a car that was attempting to change lanes. The impact of the crash sent her flips head-over-heels then landing on the roof of the moving car before her body was thrown down forcefully on the asphalt. The crack of her helmet on the ground occurred causing her to lose her consciousness almost immediately. The blue velvet box was still managed to be gripped inside her palm when finally her hand slammed hard meeting the ground with a loud thud that made her have to let go of it.

 

*Clank*

The phone case she holds just now slipped off her hands landing on the floor. The sudden creasing on her eyebrows sent her on great anxiety, as she squatting to pick up that small item. She tried to shrug off the anxious which beginning to pump up her pulse sending her blood abnormally fast in her veins causing her breath quickened unevenly.

Jessica promptly apologized before abruptly excused herself out from the store tried to catch her breath. She checked her wrist watch. She realized that Taeyeon was already late for ten minutes, since she didn’t have her phone with hers so she decided just to wait for her.

Just as she stood outside the store, she saw a little girl, probably only four years old, ran pass her chasing her pink rubber ball which gliding down the street. She pulled back the little girl by her small arm.

“Baby girl, let me take it for you.” A shock and fright across the little girl’s face quickly replaced with a wide smile and a nod that was the reply.

“Gomawoyo, Unnie.” She smiled back patting the girl’s head, leaving the little girl to chase the ball.

The street was crowded, but she was fast to make a quick move from side to side. She didn’t know anything and for a second she only heard several loud honks coming on her way and a guy shouts out loud at her.

"Agashi, watch out!!!"

"Taeyeon!! Aaaarghh!!!"

 

"Jessica!!"

She woke up by the gentle shake on her arms; breaking up in cold sweat ran down her pale face. Her fists clenched firmly on her side. It was the same old nightmare again.

“The same nightmare again?” She nodded feeling rotten whenever this nightmare came hunting her almost every night. “It’s alright, I’m here. Let’s get back to sleep.”

She lied back spreading her arm for the raven hair girl to snuggle close to her. The gentle and soothing rub upon her chest attempted to ease her shaken state. She was weary having to face this nightmare again; she couldn’t drift off to sleep every time the nightmare approaches her sleepless night.

“Thank you.” The motions on her chest were telling that the girl too, wasn’t falling asleep anytime soon.

“Ssshh.. Just go back to sleep, Taeyeon.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter