Chapter 9

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon smiled innocently before it quickly replaced by smirk. "Whiskey? Why would you tasted that?" Still played innocent, earning a glare from the blonde before shifting her gaze to the Yuri and Sooyoung.

"Yul, Soo!!!"

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Yuri and Sooyoung have already received their diploma and now sitting back on their seat when finally Taeyeon heard the turn of her name being called by the Dean.

“Go, baby.” Jessica encouraged her when she saw Taeyeon sighed nervously.

Taeyeon with her academic dress on confidently sprints a little towards the podium where she received the diploma from the institute before she began to deliver her speech on behalf graduating students from faculty of business today.

“Good morning. First, I want to congratulate to all the graduates and I’m honored to share this special moment with you all. I admit this is a surprise for me that I have the chance to stand here to deliver my speech on behalf of my fellow students.” She gathered up her breath and steadying herself before went on. “All of our efforts have been realized today and here we are living our dreams, living the life that we imagined.” She smiled gently. Her eyes were tenderly gazing upon her girlfriend’s.

“Thank you to our Naejung Namwon community for providing a positive environment in which to grow and to learn, not only an academic level, but also practical real-life working experiences and opportunities. And now at graduation, we are ready, strong and confident to start the new chapter of our lives. So fellow graduates, I encourage you to go forth and chase the next stage of your dream. Work hard to achive success and have no fear to live the life you imagined.” She proudly flashed her bright smile emerging her cute dimple.

Everyone was clapping upon her speech, giving her support and agreeing of what she said. When once it fell in silence after the hectic claps, she smirked that didn't go unnoticed by her girlfriend.

"One more thing, I'm sorry to say this right here right now. But please just allow me, just this once, let me say this simple things."

Jessica and the rest of their group were confused of her, what Taeyeon would be saying after her marvelous speech?

"I woke up this morning feeling great and fresh as ever, the water that I drank feels sweet even the air that I breathed feels so fragrant." Taeyeon chuckles a little which caused the audiences do the same as she went on. "Maybe I'm exaggerated it a little too much, but it's true. I feel everything is perfect for me because there's none other than one person but her that always gives me this warm fuzzy feeling inside. The contentment she gives me is beyond heaven. It’s cheesy, I know." She quickly fixed her eyes on Jessica; she makes sure only her she sees right now.

"Gueraeyeo, Jessica Jung, how can I live without you? That's the question that keeps turning up in my mind and I still found no answer for it." SooSun, YulTi were looking at TaengSic amused, surely not only them but all the people in that hall were paying attention. "So let me tell you, I'll make sure you'd stick with me until you get bored, until you tell me by youself that you get sick of staying with me. That is just how selfish I am."

Sooyoung and Yuri exchanged looks with Taeyeon who also had restrained grin on their faces. "So Jessica Jung, if you're afraid I'm leaving you. One thing for sure that is too impossible for Kim Taeyeon to do that. Because your Taengoo will always be by your side, Sica." She exclaimed enthusiastically with wide smug smile while stretching out her hand up high.

Everybody was standing applause at Taeyeon bravery, saying sweet things to her girlfriend in public. It was like she was saying her unbreakable vow to everyone to hear, letting the world knows that she owns Jessica and Jessica owns her.

Jessica’s face was flushing red; she couldn’t bare the feeling of happiness and embarrassment due to Taeyeon’s words. She just covered her face with her hand and shook her head. Sunny and Tiffany were teasing her to no end, bumping their shoulders on hers while saying sweet things Taeyeon just did.

 

 

“Yaah, Taeyeon-ah, It’s a very charming of what you did. I’m proud of you,. I’m sure Sooyeon’s face was red like a crab.” Mr. Jung said laughing quite amused by the whole scene that Taeyeon did, and Mr. Kim was laughing along with him. They were currently having dinner over Jung residence. Mr. Jung insisted to celebrate the graduation with a simple dinner for both girls so the Kim was invited.

“Daddy! I was not..”

“Oh really? Your mother didn’t say like it.”

Jessica pouted before continued to eat her food, Taeyeon only grinned smugly seeing her girlfriend attitude. “Her face wasn’t red, Aboeji. She was just embarrassed.” Jessica turned to pinch her stomach at her obvious statement, causing Taeyeon to writhe in pain.

Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Jung were laughing softly at both girls. Taeyeon leaned in to give Jessica a gentle kiss on her crown after she leaned back; Jessica did the same only she landed a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek before pulled away giggling then wiped the slight stain of lip gloss on it. Back to their dinner, Mrs. Kim was complimenting about Mrs. Jung cooking and asking for the recipe of Gaejang and Nakji Bokkeum.

“So, Soojung, you just finished you freshmen year, right?” Mrs. Kim asked. Jessica looked at her younger sister in satisfied way and proudly rubbed the girl’s upper arm giving her a warm support.

“Yes, Auntie. Next month I’ll be starting my second year already.” She answered smiling though she could tell herself that her smile didn’t even reach her eyes and Mrs. Kim returned the smile caringly as she spooning the food to her husband.

“Soojung is a really sweet and charming girl. Is there somebody already, honey?”

Krystal almost spitted out her drink she just drank, coughing. She wasn’t expecting such question from the older woman.

“Aigoo, are you alright, Sis?” Jessica rubbed her back, trying her best not to let her amusement shine through.

“Omma, don’t be like that. Soojung is still so young, right dongsaeng?” Taeyeon, seeing Krystal’s reddish face due to embarrassment, she tried valiantly to be on Krystal’s side.

Wrong move. Krystal was shy even more that she couldn’t bring up her face still putting her hand on her chest rubbing it gently. “Na-nae.”

“Yeobo, you’re being too straightforward.” Mr. Kim laughed at his wife.

“Haha, I’m sorry, Krystal-ah.” Mrs. Kim apologized though it quickly got refused by the younger girl.

“No, no Auntie, It’s fine.”

Mr. Jung quickly changed the topic when he saw Krystal awkwardness. “So, when do you plan to move to Seoul, Taeyeon?”

“Well, I’m planning to arrange everything and move this Monday but that if only Sica is agreed.” Mr. Jung nodded. “What do you think, babe? Is it too fast?”Taeyeon tilted to look at her blonde girlfriend awaited for the girl confirmation as the girl thought for a while.

“Do you mind if we move after Soojung’s birthday? It’s on next Friday, so we can move on Sunday.” She asked Taeyeon gently interlacing their fingers together while looking at her hopefully. Krystal who was sitting next to her, secretly hoping that they could stay until then. At least she could see them longer especially one of them since she’s always longing to see 'her'.

“Of course, I don't mind. You know we can always manage that.” She holds up their interlacing hands and kissed Jessica’s knuckle softly.

“Taeyeon-ah, you’re so sweet and understanding towards my daughter. I really hope someone could treat me like that too.” Mrs. Jung playfully rolled her eyes at her husband who just shrugged it off mindlessly before she turned to give an advice to her daughter. “Sooyeon-ah, you have to treat Taeyeon so well too, you hear?”

“Yes, mom. I definitely will.” Jessica smiled sweetly.

“Nae, Taeyeon-ah, be patient too, arraseo? Sometimes my daughter could act so juvenile and not to mention a bit bratty, it makes me worry, afraid that you couldn’t keep up with it. And I wonder who actually she inherited it from?” Mr. Jung asked innocently while keeps eating his food, not noticing the glare Mrs, Jung sent him.

“Oh please, Mom, Dad, don’t do that to me.” Jessica mumbled with an irritating tone. “It’s embarrassing.” She groaned under her breath quietly. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were quite amused by the family interaction.

Not minding what her daughter said, Mr. Jung demands Taeyeon’s answer, though Taeyeon knew that was actually a serious massage Mr. Jung deliv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter