Chapter 13

Racing My Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First of all, I would to explain to you guys. Well, I know some of you really upset with me because of what happened at the previous chap. It hurst to see them apart i know but please do understand that is the plot. I noticed some of my readers unsubscribed from this story but what can I say? I'm not going to beg you to read this story if you don't like it but I feel thankful for those who still stay with me till now. 

The italic + bold (calibri) means the flashback. I use flashbacks to clear your confusion. Same goes at the previous chap. If you feel unsatisfied and confused by what I portrayed in the chap you can also ask me, I don't mind. Perhaps previous chap, seems confusing. So allow me to enlighten you with the following chaps to come. Here you go.

 

 

 

The sliding door broke the conversation between the two and reveals another nurse from the patient room.

"Mr. Im, you can visit the patient now." The nurse permitted them to get in.

"Thank you."

 

 

 

Yoona was examining the sleeping girl who was unconscious for three days already. She carefully grasped the girl’s hand in hers. It felt cold. Something about this girl makes her couldn’t restrain herself to see the girl up and do everything a healthy person do in day in and day out.

A bandage around her head makes the girl facial looks so small than it already was. Yoona secretly thanks God the girl’s facial was saved from the accident only some faded bruises left on the corner of her lips and cheekbone, several wounds on her legs, hands and some bruises on her body.

She was too engrossed watching the girl when someone squeezed her shoulder. “Unnie.”

“Hyunnie, why are you here? Don’t you have class today?”

“The class ended early so I initiated to come here. You need to rest, Unnie. Let’s take turn to take care of her.” Yoona let go the sleeping girl’s hand then came to hold the hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll be fine.” Yoona smiled gratefully at her sister’s concern.

“Here, I bought some coffee.”

Yoona took it and have a sip of the coffee from her Styrofoam cup. Seohyun seated next to her as she also taking a sip of her coffee.

A barely audible hiss was coming from the girl beside them caught their attention. Yoona quickly pushed herself up to look at the girl.

Few squints of her eyes before she finally pulled her heavy eyelids fluttered fully open and met the other two pairs of doe eyes watching her so intently.

They waited for several minutes to let the girl oriented with her surroundings. Yoona attentively brushed her thumb upon the girl’s knuckle.

“You’re awake.”

“Aa..I..”

Yoona instantly grabbed a bottle of water beside the bed and carefully placed it near the girl’s mouth. “Water?” The girl nodded meekly. “Here, let me help you.” She lifted the girl up a little and let her drink the water.

Yoona reached out to push a stray hair out the girl’s face only to be faced with a great confusion eyes before her. “Sorry, I haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Yoona. And she is my sister, Seohyun.” Yoona directed it to Seohyun while she was still holding the girl in her arms. Seohyun smiles tenderly at the girl.

“What is your name?” Seohyun asked rather hesitantly.

“M-my.. My..name.” She stammered. gapes, as everything just came out vacant. She wanted to mention her name but nothing was come to mind. “Name..my name.”

“Yes, your name.” Yoona corrected her though she was unsure of what was coming.

“Do I...have a name?”

 

 

“Can we really be here? I mean what if the security here saw us for sneaking in? It is nearly empty.”

“Oh come on, love. What are you afraid of; we used to sneak in anyway.” She chaffed. The girl groaned frustratingly. Nothing could stop her girlfriend for sneaking in the place.

“I love this place!!”

“Yaah Yoona-ah! Don’t yell, what if someone heard you and we got kicked?”

“Sooji-ah, relax, there’s no one here.” Yoona brought the cupping hand away from . “Come on, let’s sit on the bleachers.” Sooji was pulled by Yoona towards the nearest bleacher.

Once they both slammed down on the bleachers, the taller of the two hugged the girl beside her. She sniffed the girl’s shampoo. “You know what I’m thinking right now?”

Sooji giggled as she felt Yoona’s breath on her ear. “What is it?”

“I wish that I am a racer.”

“No way. A big no to that. A fan of a racer, that’s it. No more. It’s dangerous, thanks to Uncle that he never allows you to join the motogp club.” Yoona pouted, puckering her lips. Sooji tilted to stare at her. “Please forget about that dream already, you have me. Isn’t that enough?”

It drew a bright smile on Yoona’s face. “It’s enough. You are enough.” They shared a loving kiss before it was ended with a plopping sound. “I love you, Sooji.”

“I love you too, Yoong.”

 

 

“Who are they? Isn’t it forbidden to let anyone in to the arena other than us, the members, coaches, and the training team at this hour?” Sooyoung asked, her gaze was on the bleachers half way from the circuit. Taeyeon diverted her view from the circuit over to where Sooyoung was pointed out, she frowned.

The couple was being too lovey dovey to her liking, so she spoke. “You are right. Where is the security anyway?”

They found it difficult to see their face since their position was facing each other though one of them was being side-hugged by another plus their spot was fairly far away from them.

“Wait, I’ll go find Jikyung.” Sooyoung sprints away.

Taeyeon averted her gaze at the couple once again. Her fist clutched tightly on her side.

“How to fall in love again?”

 

 

“Sooji, let’s move to the pit line.” Yoona urged her to stand up, the brown hair girl groaned.

“Let just sit here and enjoy this feeling. Besides, look, there are two persons standing there. I don’t want to get kicked out.” Sooji tried her luck; actually she was lazy to move again. Her feet hurt already of their long walk on the arena.

“Come on, let’s move.”

Sooji frowned disagree; a tug on her hand forced her to stand up. Her eyes groggily scanned around the place. Just as they were about heading towards the pit security stood few steps in front of them.

“Hey, you two can’t be here.” They both briskly turned and ran to the opposite.

Taeyeon’s eyes traced along at the brown hair girl exactly when the couple spun around, got caught by the security. She met with their back, somehow that back look familiar. She was reminiscing what she used to do with her former girlfriend few years ago.

“Tae, we should get back, I don’t want you to miss tonight meeting at Yuri’s.” Sooyoung confessed when returned to her spot.

“Yeah.”

 

 

“Doctor, what happened? What could possibly happen to my best friend?” She was out of control.

"Baby, calm down. Let the doctor speak." Sunny tried to pull Sooyoung close to her, composing her by gentle rubs on her upper arm.

“The flip over after the crash she got on her back caused her to suffer several damages on her ribs and broken bones on her right shoulder after she lands on the ground. I think the patient must have tried to restrain herself by supporting her legs on the ground just before she fell but unfortunately the crash on her back bones was giving her disadvantage. Hence, that was when the broken legs occurred.” The man told the details about the patient, Sooyoung could sense her beginning weakened knees and her shaking hands were sweating so much. “Thankfully, nothing particularly happens on her head since the helmet was securing her.”

Sunny also swell with emotions hearing this kind of news about someone closed to her was a horrible thing. Sooyoung was sobbing as they continued listening to what the doctor say.

“The surgery we did just now is successful though there is still a part where the risk has been taken.”

“Is there anything particular that possibly happen aside from the current condition she was in?” Sooyoung was too weak to say anything so she just let Sunny do the talking. They waited as the doctor contemplating to find the right words to say.

“She has to go through for therapy if she still wants to continue using her legs normally.” The doctor tried to convey it smoothly.

Sunny gasped. Sooyoung whispered. “She won't be able...to walk.”

“It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter