Just like old times

My annoying next door neighbor

It was 12:34 pm. I woke up not remembering anything of what happened last night. The last thing I remember was when I called Yoomi and told her we were gonna go drinking.

I sat up on my bed and put my hair in a messy bun. After I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth, I noticed something was on my night stand.

"Why is this out?" I picked up the box with the light blue bracelet.

I haven't looked at this for 12 years. I picked up the bracelet and remembered him. The most important person in my life has given it to me.

I remembered all the memories we had together. Like that time when he gave me his ice cream after I dropped mine. Too bad I forgot his name.

I opened the night stand and took out an old photo album that was filled with pictures of both of us.

I couldn't stop smiling as I looked through the photo album. I froze with my eyes widened after I saw the picture of him and I at his birthday party.

There was a banner that said, "Happy 2nd Birthday Luhan!". Luhan? No, It can't be Luhan. Not after what just happened to us.

I flipped to the next page and saw a picture of "Luhan" and I hugging. It was at the same day.

Flashback

"So, what did you wish for Lulu?" I asked Luhan after he blew the candles to his cake.

"I wished that we will never be apart." He said bubbly.

"Eww Luhan! I don't want to be your girlfriend!" I lightly push him away from me.

"You just wait Rae la." he winked at me.

"It's Lae ah!" I laughed as he laughed along with me.

My dad was busy taking pictures of the other children when he saw us laughing.

"Ok guys, say cheese!" He said to us as he pointed the camera towards us.

Luhan pulled me into his arms as we said 'cheese'. My dad pressed the button flashing the bright light in our faces.

He chuckled when he took a look at the picture. "You guys are so cute." he said before he walked away.

End of flashback

As I remembered the memory of his birthday party, my head began to feel like someone just hit me with a hammer on the head.

A sudden flash of a memory of what happened last night popped into my head. It was when I was hugging Luhan telling him he came back.

I got confused so I decided to call Yoomi to ask her what happened last night. I quickly dialed her number and her phone began to ring.

Unexpectedly, she didn't answer. It was unlike of her to not answer my calls. Since she wasn't answering, I decided to go to Luhan, bringing the bracelet with me.

I stood infront of his door, hesitating to knock on it. I gathered up all my courage and knocked on his door.

About 10 seconds later, the door opened and I was attacked by a hug. Luhan's buffed arms around me as I felt his chest on mine.

"RAE LA!" he shook me in the hug.

My eyes widened and knew that it was Luhan who was in those pictures with me. I pulled him away from the hug making him pout.

"Lulu? Is it really you?!" I looked at him trying to look for some resemblance from him and the younger him.

"Yes it is! Wait, you don't remember anything from last night don't you?" he asked.

I shook my head. He dropped his shoulders and pulled me inside his apartment. I sat on the couch next to him while I still held the bracelet.

"Ok, so basically what happened last night was you mistakened my apartment for yours because you were drunk. Then you pushed me off of you when I helped you up when you fell, causing me to bump into a cabinet making this photo album fall." He took the photo album from the coffee table and handed it to me.
I looked through the photo album. The pictures in that photo album was the exact same as the ones in my photo album.

As I looked at the pictures, Luhan noticed the bracelet.

"Oh yeah! I have to give you something. Hold on." He got up from the couch and went into his bedroom to get something.

He stepped out of the room with his hands hidden behind his back. He sat back down beside me with a huge smile on his face.

"You ready?" He asked as he bounced his body up and down on the couch.

I nodded my head and chuckled at his cuteness.

"TADA!" He revealed what was in his hands.

My eyebrows raised up when I saw a light blue bracelet made the same way  as mine in his hands.

He took the bracelet from his hand and put it around my wrist.

"When did you make this?" I asked him as I looked at the bracelet swooned by his sweetness.

"This morning. I went to a near by craft store and bought some string and made this bracelet for you." he said.

"Thank you so much Lulu!" I pulled him into a hug. "And I'm sorry I yelled at you. My anger just took over me and I couldn't control it."

"I'm sorry to. I was not in a good mood that day and I took my anger out on you." He apologized sincerely. 

"Did you have breakfast yet?" He asked and I shook my head. "Great! I'll cook for you." He winked before he went off into the kitchen.

He pulled out a pack of bacon from the freezer, 4 eggs from the fridge and 4 slices of bread from the table.

He put the slices of breads in the toaster as he heated 2 pans on different elements. He poured some oil into each pan and began to fry the bacon and eggs.

From the list of ingredients, I assumed he was making an american style breakfast. 

I didn't know what to do as I was only standing behind Luhan watching him cook when I thought of something.

I opened his fridge and looked for the ingredients to what I was going to make. Luckily, I found what I was looking for.

I took out the box of strawberries, 4 bananas and the carton of milk. I took a bowl from one of his cabinets and put some ice in it from the ice maker on the fridge.

"What are you making?" Luhan finally noticed that I was doing something.

"Where's your blender?" I asked as I searched for the blender in the cabinets and on top of the counters.

"In front of you." He chuckled as he put the perfectly cooked sunny side eggs on our plates.

I switched my eyes infront of me and saw the blender. I smiled at my stupidity as I plugged it in.

I thoroughly washed the strawberries in water, peeled the 4 bananas and cut them into smaller pieces so it would be easier for it to blend in the blender.

I placed the strawberries and banana slices into the blender and pressed the smoothie button on the blender. It began to blend together making a loud noise.

After about 15 seconds of blending it, I added 1 ½ cups of milk and ice into it. I presses the smoothie button once again and it made the loud noise again.

As it was blending, I took out 2 glasses from the cupboards. I turned off the blender and poured it into the glasses. 

I plugged it out and put the blender cup into the sink. Before I served the smoothies, I placed a straw that I found in one of the drawers in each glass. I didn't notice that Luhan was standing in front of the table waiting for me to finish as he was done preparing breakfast.

"You're done already?" I asked as I put the smoothies down on the table.

He nodded with a smirk on his face. 

"Ok, then let's eat!" I clasped my hands together.

He pulled out my chair for me and told me to sit down. I slightly bowed at him before I sat down. He then sat down on his chair. 

In front of me was the smoothie I made and a plate with 2 sunny side eggs, a few pieces of bacon and 2 golden brown bread slices with butter on top.

"Have a good meal!" I said before i dug in.

"Neh!" Luhan replied.

 

A few minutes later, we were both done eating our breakfast. 

"That smoothie was really good Lae ah. Where did you learn how to make that?" he asked as he finished the smoothie.

"I just improvised." I shrugged.

He nodded as he got up from the table and put his dishes in the sink. 

"I'll wash the dishes." he said as he picked up my plate and glass. 

"No! You prepared breakfast, I'll wash the dishes." I insisted.

"Ok, how about we rock paper scissors over it?" he requested as he stuck a fist out.

"Kai, bai, bo!" I chanted as I stuck out scissors when he stuck out paper making me win the game.

"YES!" I threw my hands up in the air. 

Who knew someone could be happy to be washing the dishes?  Luhan chuckled as he sighed in defeat.

I walked over to the sink while I pulled up my sleeves and began to wash the dishes. I shook my head in annoyance as my bun was getting loose on my head.

"Luhan, can you fix my bun?" I shook my head harder completely taking the bun down.

"I'll try." He hesitantly picked up the hair tie from the floor.

He gathered all of my hair near the top of my head and twisted it continuously. Then he began to loop it in a circle creating a messy bun. 

He took the hair tie from his arm and attempted to tie the bun in place. He slowly let go of the bun as he prayed it would look nice.

The "bun" hung loose on my head as he failed miserably. I chuckled at his effort. 

"Thanks, it's perfect." I said sarcastically.

"I tried ok?" he pouted.

"Yeah, I know. Thank you." I sent him a sweet smile.

"Hey, remember when we were younger we would go on 'dates'." He said as he made quotation marks with his fingers when he said dates.

"Oh yeah, I remember that." I thought back at the past.

"Let's go on one! Today! It'll be just like old times." he said excitedly.

"Sure! Let me just finish this, go get dressed." I chuckled as he ran off to his room to change.

He's so childish. I wiped my hands with a towel and told Luhan I was going to go back to my apartment to change.

I fixed the bun the Luhan made as I looked through my closet. I took out a white plain v-neck t-shirt, a pair of jean shorts and a green cardigan.

I left my hair down and put a white head band on. I packed my wallet, key to my apartment and my phone inside a small side bag and headed to Luhan's apartment.

I jumped back in surprise when I opened the door as Luhan was standing there just about to knock.

He was wearing a red and white striped cardigan on top of a black t-shirt and dark jeans.

"Ready for our date?" he held out his arm.

"Let's go!" I said linking arms with him.