Like a date

My annoying next door neighbor

Luhan's POV

Lae ah sat in the passenger seat as I drove the car. The wind blew our hair back from the open windows.

"So, you saw my abs?" I .

Her eyes widened as her cheeks redened. 

"W-what? I don't know what your talking about. PSHH!" She turned her head away from embarassment.

I chuckled from her cute actions. She turned back around and the radio. BTOB's Wow was on.

"YES! I love this song!" she clapped her hands.

"Geubi dalla namdalla tae tae tae taega dalla I like it i like it!" She sang along

I laughed as I shook my head in amusement. I watched her sing her heart out when she suddenly screamed.

"LUHAN WATCH OUT!!" she screamed making me look up front.

My eyes widened as the car in front of us swerved away from us not hitting us. I turned the car avoiding other cars as I stepped on the break making our bodies lurch forward and slam back to the seat.

We stopped in front of a pole nearly crashing into it. My hands shook on the steering wheel. 

I looked over to Lae ah who was frozen on her seat, hands shaking as well. Her eyes began to water as she stared off into space. 

"Lae ah, are you ok?" I said worriedly.

She said nothing. She turned her head to look at me. A tear rolled down her face. I took my hand away from the steering wheel and pulled her into my embrace. She burried her face in my chest as she cried. 

"Shhh, I'm so sorry Lae ah. I'm sorry." I whispered in her ear as I her back.

Sirens and people talking was heard in the distance. A police headed towards our direction.He knocked on the window earning Lae ah and I's attention. He opened the door and handed me a ticket.

I took it from his hands and he walked away. A group of paramedics with a gurney followed after the police man.

"Are you guys hurt anywhere?" one of the female paramedics asked.

"No, Lae ah, how about you?" I turned my head to Lae ah who was still shaking in fear.

She shook her head lightly.

"Your girlfriend is in shock so we need to take you both to the hospital for a check up." She said.

"Uhm, no it's ok, I'm not in shock and I'm not his girlfriend." She pulled her hands off of my waist and wiped her tears away.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

We both nodded and they left. Another man came to us and told us we needed to get out of the car because they needed to tow it.

Lae ah and I stood on the side walk as we watched my car get towed. 

"Are you ok now?" I asked Lae ah who had stopped crying. She nodded. "Still want to go get some bubble tea?" i nudged her.

A small smile crept on her face. 

"Yes? Ok! Let's go!" I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and lead her to the bubble tea shop.

We crossed at a stop light and walked across a park. I noticed she was more quiet than usual so I knew something was wrong.

I slowly went behind her and back hugged her putting my chin on her shoulder which made her flinch.

"Mmmm. oo, don't be mad at me. I'm sorry." I pouted. 

She turned her head around to face me making her soft lips touch mine. She quickly pulled away and pulled my hands off her waist.

"I'm not mad at you Luhan and I already told you, it's ok. Thank you for worring about me but I'm ok." she said with sincerity "And what's with the oo?".

"You're my oo." I smiled cheekily.

"Since when?" she chuckled.

Just then I saw the bubble tea shop which made me excited. I grabbed her hand and ran to the bubble tea shop. 

"Well, here we are." I looked up at the building out of breath.

She smiled at me and we both entered the bubble tea shop. 

"So, what flavor do you want?" I asked as I stood in line.

"Taro! My favorite!" she jumped up in excitement.

"Really? Me too!" we both laughed.

It was soon our turn in line.

"Can I have 2 taros please." I ordered.

"Anything else?" the cashier asked. I shook my heaed. 

"That will be $10." she said. 

I took out $10 from my wallet and handed it to the cashier. We moved aside and waited for our bubble tea.

Lae ah was standing beside me watching the employies do their work. I was looking down when my eyes switched on to Lae ah's hands.

I stared at it as my hands slowly approached it. Just before my hand touched hers, she took them away putting bubble tea in them.

"Here you go." She handed me my bubble tea.

I took it from her hand and smiled. We decided to go to the park in front of the shop and hang out there.

We sat on the swings while we sipped our bubble teas. We both watched the kids play on the play structure in silence.

"I was scared Luhan." she suddenly said.

"Scared about what?" I began to get worried.

"That we would get in an accident and die." She said sounding really childish to me.

"That sounds really childish Lae ah." I slightly laughed.

"It's not funny Luhan. What if we did die out there? I still have a lot of things to do in my life and I can't do those things when I'm dead. Also I still want to spend more time with you." She said honestly.

I felt my cheeks blush from her honest words.

"Well, it would have been ok for me to die there anyways, just as long as I was with someone I'm happy to be with." I held her hand that was on her lap.

We gazed into eachother's eyes. When suddenly I felt a drop of water drop on my cheeks. Lae ah and I both looked up. It was raining. 

"Want to play in the rain?" I wiggled my eye brows at her.

She nodded as she giggled. We put out bubble teas on the ground and I ran after her. The people at the park began to disapear when it was only Lae ah and I playing there. It had also rained harder.

"Catch me if you can!" she yelled out to me.

"Run away from me if you can!" I yelled back at her and began to chase her.

We both laughed and giggled as we played tag under the rain. Just when I caught her, our bodies pressed against each other, my hands on her hips, he hands on my shoulder

We were both out of breath from all the running we did. 

"Lae ah, I really need to tell you something important." I said looking straight into her eyes.

"Ok, what is it?" she stared back at me.

"We've been hanging out for a while now and I think were good friends. I've just been feeling really differently about you ever since the day we met. I didn't tell you this before because I just wanted to make sure if my feelings were correct or not but now I know." I inched my face closer to hers. "Lae ah, I lik/" 

*BEEP BEEP!* "LAE AH! IS THAT YOU?! COME IN HERE YOU'RE GOING TO GET SICK!" Minjin called out from his car.

She turned her attention from me to him and gave him a thumbs up. 

"Luhan, let's go?" she asked.

I nodded as she held my hand and lead me to Minjin's car. She sat in the passaner seat as I sat in the back seat.

"Look at you baby, your all wet and cold. You should take a shower when you get home so you dont get sick ok?" he told Lae ah as he handed her his jacket.

Lae ah thanked him and put on the jacket. He smiled proudly before he planted a kiss on her forehead making my blood boil in anger.

UGH! I really hate this guy! Always flirting with MY Lae ah. 

End of POV

Minjin was blabbning his mouh about me getting sick when he suddenly kissed my forehead. 

I forced a small smile so he wouldn't feel bad. I looked at my rear view mirror and noticed Luhan looking all pissed. 

I suddenly remembered that Luhan was telling me something he said was important but he was cut off by Minjin.

As the car ride went on, the memory of Luhan and I playing in the rain repeated in my head. 

That was so much fun! I wish we could do it more often. It was almost like a date.