011

Close To Losing You (Sequel to So Close Yet So Far)

 

     Byul woke up after the alarm clock rang. She shifted in her bed and turned the clock off. That was when she realized Sehun wasn't besides her anymore. Reaching her hand to the spot where he was supposed to be, it was already cold. Which meant he woke up early. She wasn't sure if he left or was still in her house. But then she noticed a note on her table which meant he probably left already. Walking over to the table, Byul let out a yawn. 

     Byul-ah, I had to leave for family matters. I promise I'll come over when it's all settled. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. I wanted to but you were sleeping tightly. By the way, I made you some breakfast so make sure to eat it, okay? I love you, babe
                             Your Sehunnie.

     Byul sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. This reminded her of the last time. The time when he had to leave to other states. But she believed this time he would come back to her. She believed. 

     After doing her personal stuff, she headed down to the dining table where the breakfast Sehun made was. A chuckle came over her lips as she looked at the beautifully decorated dish of soup. It was the soup she made him the time he was sick. Somehow, he learned to make it just the way she did. 

     For today, she was free the whole day. Byul didn't know what to do besides watching TV. But that didn't seem to interest her, too. All her entertainment was Sehun. She smiled and laughed only when he was by her side. Without him, she felt so lifeless. 

     Just as she turned off the TV, she heard knocking on the doors. She hoped it to be Sehun but it wasn't him. The person standing behind the doors made her feel happy too though. "Hi, Chanyeol and...Hana" she smiled at them but her smile was just small. "Surprised that we're already together, huh? Well it's all thanks to you" he said and Hana chucked. Byul felt so happy for them. "Congratulations" she cheered. "Thank you" Hana said and smiled widely. Now she knew why Chanyeol liked her so much. Hana was gentle and cute. 

     "Anyways, I do remember the promise I made. So now, I'm offering you to have a meal with us" Chanyeol smiled widely and so did his girlfriend. Matter of fact, they were so fit for one another. Byul was surprised that Chanyeol actually took her condition seriously. But she wasn't going to deny. "Fine, I'm free anyways" she said. "Is Sehun going too?" Chanyeol asked. The minute Byul shook her head, his smile disappeared. "Why not? Where is he?" He asked. "He's kind of...busy" she said. "Okay then. It's three of us, let's go" he said.

     Byul was wearing shorts and a shirt already so she didn't need to change into anything else. She wasn't caring about how she looks anyways. The drive was quiet for Byul. She kept thinking about the call last night. The things the driver said didn't make any sense to her. She thought that maybe there was something Sehun was actually hiding. She wasn't nosy but as his girlfriend, she had the right to know about it.

     "We're here" Chnayeol said. "Yay!" Hana cheered and clapped her hands. Byul chuckled at how cute this couple actually was. They reminded her of Baekhyun and JiMin, somehow. "Woah, it's so big" Hana said and widened her eyes. The restaurant was indeed big and pretty. It looked like one of those Chinese restaurants. "Let's get in" Chanyeol said and everyone nodded. 


     While eating, Byul couldn't help but to chuckle each time she saw the lovebirds in front of her eyes feed one another. They were so lovey dovey. Just as she was smiling, her eyes shifted to the left, where she spotted a big family. She was about to look back at Chanyeol and Hana when her eyes suddenly spotted Sehun out of them. It was him, with his family and another family.

     Sehun seemed very quiet while the families talked to one another. Then she noticed, besides him sat a girl. She was very beautiful and seemed very arrogant. The way she took a peek at Sehun the whole time made Byul feel a little strange and uncomfortable. I mean, who wouldn't feel that way when another girl is looking at your boyfriend. 

     "Chanyeol, I think we should go," Byul was surprised by Hana's words. She looked at her and realized that she saw the same sight as Byul did. "Huh?" Chanyeol raised a brow. Hana smiled sweetly and said "I wanted to...visit the park" she said. The look in her eyes, Byul knew she was lying. Hana was surely enjoying the time in the restaurant but why did she suddenly change her mind. Then it hit her. When Hana looked at Byul with apologetic eyes, she understood why. 

     "Okay then. You girls get to the car first, I'll go pay. Here are the keys" he said and handed the keys to Hana. "Thank you and I'm sorry to suddenly want to go elsewhere" she said but Chanyeol shook his head. "It's okay" he said and walked away. "Let's go, Byul" she said and pulled her out of the restaurant. Before Byul left, though, she took a peak at Sehun and saw him still being looked at by the girl next to him. 

     "Why are you doing this, Hana?" Byul asked as they sat in the car. She clearly knew why but wanted to make sure. "I've seen the boy sitting with you the time you were at my restaurant. And the look on your face seemed a little sad. I know how it feels to see that sight. I knew it wouldn't make you comfortable so I thought about going elsewhere" Hana said and smiled gently. Byul was going say something but then sighed. "Thank you" Byul said with a small smile. This was actually the first time there was someone whom understood her this well. 

     "I'm here" said Chanyeol as he sat into the car. "Where are we going then?" Asked Byul. "To the park!" Hana clapped her hands and smiled. "The park it is!" Chanyeol said and smiled too. This whole scene made Byul smile widely. At the park, Chanyeol and Hana were walking along the playground and left Byul some space as Hana knew she needed some. Byul was walking along the lake bank, her head lowed down.

     She thought about all the possibilities that could be between Sehun and the girl she saw. But she didn't want to believe neither one of them. "Pull yourself together, Byul. This isn't you... Sehun is just having family meetings" she whispered to herself and calmed down. "I hope..."

 

     The whole time Sehun sat at the restaurant, he felt a little uncomfortable. One part was because Taehee kept looking at him every second minute. One part was because he felt bad for leaving Byul with just a note. Looking to right, he saw a familiar girl leaving the restaurant. For a moment he widened his eyes. The girl's back and hair looked very much like Byul.

     But there was no way she could be at a restaurant. At least that was what he thought. "Sehun-ah, are you listening?" Asked Mrs. Oh and he looked at her. "Nae? I'm sorry... I didn't hear you" he bowed his head. Mrs. Kim chuckled and said, "Me and your mother were discussing about the marriage and I think we should wait for at least a month. We'll leave time for you two to get to know each other". 

     "Nae? But-" Sehun was about to deny the fact that he was going to marry her but then he met eyes with his mother. She was pleading him. She needed him to do it to save their company. Sehun felt bad. No, he felt like dying. He didn't want to do this because he might break Byul's heart. But on the other side, if he didn't do it, his family's company would break down. "So?" Asked Mr. Kim. "Nae" he answered and his mother chuckled with a sigh of relief. *Im sorry, Byul... I'm sorry" he thought and hated himself for doing so.

      "To make this better, how about Taehee moves to our house. We need to make some space for them" said Mrs. Oh. "That's a great idea. Sehun,  please drive Taehee and Taehyung home so she can get her things and then you drive her to your house. You can leave Taehyung at our house since his friends are coming over to our house" said Mr. Kim. 

     Sehun didn't want to be impolite and obeyed with a bow. Sehun, Taehee and Taehyung walked to the car. Sehun took them to their house. The whole drive was silent and Sehun hoped that none of them talked because he wouldn't know what to say. As Taehee walked into her house to get her luggage, Taehyung still stayed in the car. "I guess you don't like my sister?" Taehyung said. Sehun looked back at him and sighed. "It's not that I don't like her but... I already have a girlfriend, Byul" he said.

      There was no reason for him to hide it since the both families knew it already. "I figured it by your behavior already. I feel a little sorry for what our family wants from you. But remember this, Taehee is an innocent girl and her feelings are soft, be careful" Taehyung said as he walked out of the car. Just in time, Taehee walked in with her luggage.

     "Bye, oppa~" she said to her brother and he nodded. Taehyung's personality was closely similar to Sehun's. Cold, quiet and...poker-faced. The drive to Sehun's house was quiet. None of them talked. Sehun's phone suddenly rang. When he pulled the phone out of his pocket, he checked the caller's ID. It was Byul. He heaved a long sigh and closed his eyes for a while. *I'm so sorry, Byul...forgive me, please* he thought and turned off his phone.

 


     New chapter!!! The relationship between Sehun and Byul!!! No!!!! I feel so bad for making the story turn out like this but what can I do...it's a twist. ^^ there must be some drama to make it more interesting. I hope you liked the update. Please let me know what you think~ 

Do subscribe and UPVOTE, please~