012

Close To Losing You (Sequel to So Close Yet So Far)

 

     Last night and this morning, Sehun wasn't at Byul's place. Byul felt a little disappointed even though she said to herself that he was just busy. But the pictures of him and the girl from the previous day just popped in her head. She didn't feel comfortable about that girl. She had a bad feeling about her. 

 

     "Oppa," Taehee called as she knocked in his bedroom's door. There wasn't a single answer so she though he might be still sleeping. She slowly opened the doors and looked around. For a boy, he was pretty neat, she had to admit. Taehee walked to his bed to find him sleeping soundly like a baby. He looked a little cute but he even had a poker-face while sleeping. 

     "Oppa," she called again but he was still sleeping. She decided to shake his shoulder a little. "Oppa, wake up" she said again while shaking his shoulder gently. Sehun only frowned and covered himself with the blanket. Taehee had to chuckle at his cute action but didn't stop calling him to wake up. "Oppa," she called and shook his arm this time. Instead of receiving a frown from Sehun, he gripped her arm and pulled her to him causing her to fall on to of him, his face close to hers, but not too close. 

     Taehee was surprised and her eyes were widened. Sehun on the other side had his eyes still closed. "You're so light, Byul. Eat more" he whispered. What he said took Taehee aback. *Byul? Who is he talking about?* she narrowed her brows. "Oppa," she called gently. Sehun frowned and slowly opened his eyes. His eyes widened upon seeing her this close and even on top of him. 

     "What the-" he pushed her off of him but not too hard because she might fall. Sehun didn't dislike Taehee not he liked her. But he was a caring person so he still was gentle with her. "Sorry," Taehee bowed her head and looked down to the ground. Sehun put back his popular poker-face and shook his head. "It's okay" he said, looking away too. "T-The breakfast of ready" she said. Sehun stood up and nodded "Go first" he said while walking to his closet. 

     With a nod, Taehee left his bedroom and walked down to the dining room. She kept her hands near her heart area for it was beating fast. Taehee was a sensitive girl and her feelings are easily changed. Right now, she felt so lucky and cared. Her heart was falling for Sehun. 

     After quick taking a shower, Sehun walked down to the stairs. Walking into the dining room, he saw Taehee and his family seated on the table. "Good morning, son" Mr. Oh said and he lightly nodded. He dig into the food because he was kind of starving.  He was eating quickly. He wanted to visit Byul and apologize for not being there with her the previous night. But his plans didn't go well. "Sehun-ah, how about you take Taehee on a date. I mean, it would be your first date ever" Sehun's mother said with a side grin. Sehun didn't say anything because he didn't want to go against their ideas. But he didn't like to obey it either. 

     "Sehun?" Mrs. Oh called and he looked up at him. "N-Nae," he answered. He cursed himself for answering so quickly. He cursed himself for not being able to tell Byul the truth. He was scared her might loose her. 

     "Great. Just show her around this city" said Mr. Oh and Sehun nodded. "Let's go now, then" he said and Taehee nodded. She was nervous. She wasn't used to this. But she liked it. She liked the feeling of being cared for. Even though, Sehun didn't care much about her. He was just being nice. 

 

     Byul rolled in her bed and sighed. "Another day without you..." She whispered to herself while getting up. It couldn't go this way. She had to try to live on her own, too. She couldn't spend the whole day sitting in her bed and wait for Sehun. She had to make her own step for now. Walking out of the house, she decided to go to the bakery and get some cookies. Luckily, it wasn't far from her house.

     The streets were crowded since there were a lot of students going to school. There was a quiet girl at the corner of the street and she reminded her of herself in the past. Fortunately, she met the sweetest angle who changed her life. She was thankful. Opening the doors, she was welcomed by the smell of freshly baked breads and rolls. The counter wasn't crowded so she walked to it. "Can I help you miss?" Asked the woman behind the counter. "I'd like a box of chocolate chip cookies, please" she said. 

     "Here" she gave Byul the box and she paid. "Visit us again" the woman behind the counter said and Byul nodded. Now that she had cookies, she wanted to go to a quiet place where she could eat them in peace. "The park..." She mumbled and walked across the street. After a few minutes, she was at the park. Sitting on the bench next to the river, she sighed. She opened the box and started taking one by one. While eating, she noticed a boy sitting across from her. He was looking at her, or it seemed like he was. When her eyes met with his, he didn't look away. She knew then, he wasn't looking  at her but was deep in thoughts.

     Minutes after minutes passed by, Byul was still at the park. The boy sitting across from her stood up and walked away. "W-Wait," Byulcalled out as she closed her cookie box and stood up. The boy turned back slowly and looked at her. "You dropped your phone" she said as she pointed below him. The boy widened his eyes and bent down to take it. "Thank you" he said with a small, almost unnoticeable smile. Byul nodded her head and watched him walk away. 

     Byul didn't know why she was suddenly so helpful and friendly but she guessed Sehuh changed her this way. She didn't blame him, though. She liked it this way. Being able to help others instead of being poker-faced every time. 

     "Wait, I think I met you somewhere" the boy said and slowly walked to her. Byul titled her head and looked at him. He did look familiar but she couldn't recall where she met him. "Are you...the girl who was yesterday at the xxx restaurant?" He asked. Yes, indeed she was but she didn't remember him. Then it hit her, he was the boy sitting with Sehun and the girl. "Ah, I guess I've seen you too" she said.

     "It is you. Well, nice to meet you" he said and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you...too" she answered back and shook his hand. "What's your name?" She asked. "I'm Taehyung. And you?" he answered. "My name's Byul" she answered back. Taehyung's eyes widened a little and he stared at her. *Byul? The girl Sehun said was his girlfriend?* Byul's phone suddenly rang. She gave Taehyung an apologetic look before turning to get her phone. "Sehun-ah?" She called. 

     *It is her!* Taehyung widened his eyes and looked at the girl. He waited for the girl as she hung up after a few minutes. "Sorry, I had a call from my boyfriend" she said and smiled a little. "A boyfriend?" He raised his brow. "Yeah" she answered back. "Wait...do you perhaps know Sehun?" He asked. Byul was quiet for a while before opening to answer "Yes. Do you know him?" She asked back. Taehyung was wandering if she already knew about the arranged marriage. But she would know it sooner or later. 

      "Sehun is going to marry my sister" he said. Taehyung watched as Byul's expression changed. No, she didn't know about the marriage. She didn't even have a clue about it. "Y-You must have mistook the Sehun I know" she smiled but her smile was filled with worry. "His name's Oh Sehun right?" Taehyung asked. That was when Byul's expression changed completely. She was nervous, worried yet she had a hint of disbelief. Knowing she wouldn't be able to say anything, he took the chance to talk. "He didn't tell you, huh?" He asked and sighed.

      Taehyung pitted her. But he couldn't do anything. "I know he'll tell you someday. But you should ask before it's too late" he said. Byul felt uncomfortable. She was scared that what he was saying was the truth. If it really was, she didn't know how to even react.

      "Well, there are things he might not tell you...if you do want to know about them though, call me" Taehyung handed her a small card where he had written his name and phone number. "T-Thank you?" She whispered, more like a question. "You're welcome...so, see you next time" he said and she nodded. Before she could say anything, he was already walking away. 

     Byul walked home with deep thoughts. The box of cookies she once bought was left at the park but she didn't care. As she was walking, she bumped into many people but she didn't care either. The only thing she cared about right now was Sehun. She was hoping that when she asks him, he would say it all isn't true. That it all was made up. But her hopes were falling...

 

 


     New chapter!!! So~ I'm pretty satisfied with this chapter. But well...I feel so bad for Byul. But I have to separate her from Sehun for a while so you know how Sehun would feel without her ^^ 

Anyways, Please support my stories by commenting, subscribing and upvoting~ I love you!!!