023

Close To Losing You (Sequel to So Close Yet So Far)

     That night, Baekhyun and Chanyeol left Byul's house after the long talk. They were still glad that they were ablr to meet her. Though, her decision of approving Sehun's marriage kind of hurt them. And they knew Byul was hurt, too. Byul had her whole night to think about things. To overthink about her decision. Whether it was good or not. 

     The next morning, Byul woke up early and started packing her things. After the talk with Baek and Chan, she has cae to her final decision of turning back to Sehun and do all she could to take him back. She was so stupid before. How could she think of leaving him like this. She hurriedly took her suitcase after putting her things in. Not long after she left the house, there was a taxi to pick her up. *I'm turning back to you, Sehun* she smiled to herself and got into the car.

DAY 6

      "Hey," said Sehun as he met up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The two seemed kind of worried. They didn't know why Sehun suddenly wanted to meet them. But one thing they knew was that Byul wanted them to keep where she is a secret because Sehun doesn't know about it...yet. "So...Why you wanted to meet us?" Asked Chanyeol and looked at him. Sehun sighed and pressed his lips into a firm line. He's been sighing every other minute these days and his life seemed so tiring. 

      "I wanted to ask you....if what I'm doing is right. I mean, the whole marriage thing" he stated and looked at the both of them. Sehun couldn't understand why they looked so nervouse. Like they were trying to avoid his questions or what-so-ever.

     "Eh?...Ah, that" Baekhyun said and sighed a little, reliefed that he didn't ask anything about Byul. "Well, it's your decision...but for me, it's both good and bad. The good side is that you're helping your own family..and the bad side is you're losing someone" Chanyeol said clearly and carefully. Sehun thought for a while before another sigh passed his lips. "I'm such an idiot. Byul must hate me now" he said and burried his face into his hands. The feeling of losing someone was hard t take for him. It was so hard to make her his but now he's slowly losing her.

      "Byul will never hate you. I believe she understands your family's decisions. She's an understanding person" Baekhyun assured him with a small smile. "But what if I wouldn't have the chance to come back to her again? What if I'll have to leave her" he asked with a shaky voice. Baekhyun and Chanyeol have never seen this side of his. Sure they were friends since they were small but they never saw Sehun so sad. 

       "If that would happen...then you have to stop it before anything goes wrong" they heard a girl's voice behnd them. The three boys turned their heads back. The minute they saw her their eyes widened. It wasn't Byul but it was someone who she knew. The one who once interupted Sehun and Byul's relationship. The one who used to beat Byul up because of jealousy. The one who changed not long after Byul lost her memory. Yes, it was Jiyeon.

        "Wait, you are Jiyeon!" Baekhyun beamed as she sat down across them. She chuckled a little and nodded "I'm here to visit my old school" she said. They all nodded. Sehun was surprisde that she changed from a bad person to a good one. Actually, thanks to her, Sehun got the chance to get closer to Byul.

     "So what I'm hearing is that Sehun's leaving Byul?" she asked, crossing her arms and legs. The boys looked at each other before they nodded. "Listen here. I gave up on you so that Byul was able to take care of you. And I'm not allowing you to leave her after that" she said directly at Sehun and he sighed. "I know. But I kind of...can't" he said back and she shook her head.

      "You can. It's just that you are a coward. Why aren't you worrying about Byul's feelings? What if she is crying at home alone right now? Why if she is trying to forget everything but can't?" she said and slammed her fist on the table making Baekhyun and Chanyeol flinch. "You have the right to have your own decisions. You don'thave to listen to everything you parents say. You're not a mommy's boy, are you?" she added. 

      Her words sounded so cold and rude but thanks to it, Sehun got some sense back. She was right. Sehun could make his own decisons and he doesn't have to listen to what his parents. They don't understand his love like he does. They don't understand his happiness like he does. They don't understand his life lik ehe does. All they ever did was make him follow their decisions.

      "Thanks, Jiyeon" he said and looked at her. "Well, I'm happy that I came in time to clear this. I'm surprised that you and Byul aren't married yet cuz I am. Try leaving Byul and I'll kill you. I have to go now" she stood up and bid them goodbye before walking out of the shop. 

     "She's changed" Chanyeol whispered and Baekhyun nodded. "And I think she also changed Sehun's mind" Baekhyun whispered back to Chanyeol who was looking at the hard-thinking Sehun sitting besides them. "So?" he asked and Sehun looked up at him. "I was so stupud...What was I thinking leaving Byul for business" he shook his head and sighed heavily.

      Just as they stood up to leave the hospital, Sehun's phone rang. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Sehun looked at the ID caller and a wide smile appeared on his lips. Now he had the chance to tell her his final desicion. Sehun picked up and answered the phone. "Byul-ah, I have somethi-". "Anyeonghaseyo, are you someone close to Byul?" a woman on the other line asked. Sehun was frozen for a while before he answered back "Nae".

 

     "I need you to get to Busan's hospital, Byul has been brought to the hospital after a car accident" she said worriedly and in that minute, Sehun's smile fell. He felt like thousands of knives were aimed into his heart and it hurt so much. He couldn't believe his ears. "N-Nae?" he asked again. But the woman just answered back the line she just said earlier. "Nae, I'll be there" with that, he hung up and ran out of the shop hurrieedly popping into his car without having time to explain everything to his two friends.

      Sehun drove quickly to the Busan's hospital. He didn't know why it had to be in Busan but now wasn't time to think about that. He begged for Byul to be okay, that nothing bad happened to her and it was just a small accident. He found himself tearing up as he remembered back the accident that happened years ago, the time she lost her memory. *Please be okay, Byul....I beg you* he thought and a tear slipped his eye as he drove even faster.

 

 

 


      New chapter!!! OMG, I can't believe I left this chapter with a cliff-hanger but that's what makes it better. Anyways,I thank you for all your support because they mean seriously a lot to me. Even though I am supposed to study at the moment, I still updated because  want to read your comments and and I don't want to make you wait too long like the last time. I hope you enjoyed it. And about Jiyeon, some of you may not know her if you haven't read "So Close Yet So Far". She's here in this chapter to slap some sense into Sehun. To think of it, Jiyeon was always the one who saved Sehun and Byul's relationship at the end... Do comment, subscribe and upvote please.

A big thanks to all my subscribers!!!! And thanks for upvoting!!!