007

Close To Losing You (Sequel to So Close Yet So Far)

 

     The sun rose and sunshine slipped into Byul's  bedroom. She purposely woke up early because she had to meet up with Chanyeol. She had no idea what that freak needed so early in the morning but well, she wasn't busy so helping wouldn't hurt, would it? Just as she finished putting on her clothes, she noticed her phone. It was ringing. Walking closer to the phone, she sighed. It probably was Chanyeol yelling her to hurry because she was already ten minutes late. 

     But it wasn't Chanyeol. Byul picked up and waited. The thing was, the person on the other line was waiting for her to speak also. This was at least the tenth time since they had silence calls. Yes, the one calling her was Sehun. He would sometimes be quiet, only waiting for Byul to say something. But she never started the conversation. She always waited for him. Knowing that none of them would speak, Byul smiled to herself. Just hearing his breathing was enough for her to feel happy. 

     Byul never had problem with speaking to Sehun in person. She was always herself. But the phone calls were a different case. She felt hard to speak. Even if her mind tells her to, she can't open up . Sehun had the same problem. He felt the same way as her. Though, he was heart broken that he couldn't hear her voice. The voice he longed to hear again not through the phone but in person. He wanted to be besides her and hug her. He wanted to hear her sweet voice calling him and waking him up. He wanted to see the face which only lit up upon seeing him. He wanted Byul besides him.

      "S-Sehun-ah," Byul finally spoke out. Her voice sounded very sweet and angelic making Sehun smile to himself. "I thought you wouldn't talk" he chuckled and heard a chuckle on the other line. "I thought you wouldn't do it either" she said, almost whining. "I longed to hear your voice. I miss you" Sehun said and leaned in closer to the phone.

       "I miss you more... How is business doing?" Asked Byul as she sat down on the bed and hugged her knees. She was glad that they finally made a proper conversation."It's stressing but it goes quite well, though. Don't tell me you spent all the day at home" said Sehun with a slightly teasing voice. "I used to...but today I have plans- Oh no, I'm late" she widened her eyes as her eyes wandered to the clock on the wall. "Okay then. I'll call you again tonight. I promise" Sehun said. He was happy to know that she wasn't sticking herself at home all the time. 

     "Fine. Don't forget okay?" She said and Sehun smiled widely. "Aye sir" he chuckled. Once Byul hung up, she dashed out of the house with her phone in one hand and her keys in the other. The coffee shop was close but she was already thirty minutes late. Chanyeol was surely going to murder her. Byul ran quickly, not minding that she was pushing others. Before she walked in, she looked in through the glass doors. Chanyeol was already sitting there with his phone in his hands. He looked very mad. At least, she thought he did. 

      "Sorry, I came late" Byul said awkwardly while approaching his table. Chanyeol looked up from his phone and looked directly at her, giving her the what-the-hell-took-you-so-long face. But he soon shrugged the thought of yelling at her and just told her to sit down. "So, what do you need help with?" Byul asked as she fixed herself on the seat. "Well...I need you to help me get closer to Hana" said Chanyeol while playing with the cup in his hands. Byul almost spilled the orange juice, which he ordered for her, all over the place. "Say what?!" She widened her eyes as she caught into her hand. "Calm down...you're just like Sehun. He always slips his drink when I say stupid things" Chanyeol said, rolling his eyes.

      "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Anyways, about Hana...do you really like her that much?!" She asked calmly. Chanyeol blushed and nodded. He was pretty much a loud-mouth but talking about girls just made him blush. Especially when it was about his crush. "Okay then. I don't see a problem in helping you. But I have a permission" she said and Chanyeol smiled widely. "What is that?" He raised a brow. "If I success to make her fall in love with you, you pay me a meal". "Fine, deal" he said and they shook hands. Byul didn't know why she had on mind the permission but it wouldn't be fun without one. 

     "I'll need about...a week" Byul said. "Wait...what are you planning" asked Chanyeol with a raised brow. "I'll make her fall in love with you, duh~" she rolled her eyes. "Am I part of your plan?". "Well, I'm making her fall in love with you, so yeah" she said. "Will it work?" Chanyeol raised a brow but she shrugged her shoulders. "Everything needs a try" she chuckled. Just her chuckle made him feel quite well. He believed in her choices because Sehun was one of them. "When are we starting then?" Asked Chanyeol while sipping his drink. "I'll call you, just be prepared" she said and he nodded. 

 

     That night, Byul never forgot the promise Sehun made. He said that he would call her again that night but he still didn't. She guessed that he had a lot of business so just waited patiently instead of being angry at him. Rolling in her bed, Byul slowly fell asleep because of the long waiting. But that night, Sehun didn't call at all. He had his sudden family business. And he felt bad for not keeping his promise.

     
     "Sit down, Sehun-ah," said Mr. Oh as they walked into the fancy restaurant. They sat on a table with a small family of four: parents, a girl and a boy. "Anyeonghaseyo, Sehun-imita" he bowed and the other family nodded. The whole time, they were quiet as they were eating. "I see your son is very polite and good looking" the woman said and he smiled. "Sehun-ah, what do you think of our daughter?" The man of the other family asked. "Nae?" Sehun was a little taken aback because of his question. "I think your daughter is very smart and lovely. What's your name, dear?" said Mrs. Oh. The girl smiled gently and bowed her head "Taehee-imita" she said. Sehun was dumbfounded of the whole conversation, though.

     "Sehun. You're old enough to start a relationship already and..." Mr. Oh said and he was hesitating a little. Sehun didn't know what he was talking about but then it hit him. He knew where this was going and he didn't like that idea at all. "What your father's trying to say is that...you'll be marrying Taehee" his mother said. Sehun's face turned into the poker-face mode and he looked at his mother. "Mother, I do not wish to do that" he said. 

     The other family seemed to be bit surprised by his answer. They clearly didn't expect it. "Sehun, what are you saying?!" His mother asked, surprised. "Taehee is beautiful and smart, I admit, but I don't want to join this marriage" Sehun said as he slowly stood up. His mother held his wrist and pulled him back down but he pulled back. "But why?" The girl's father asked. "Unfortunately, I already have a girlfriend who I love. Now if you excuse me, I have to go" he said and walked away. 

     His mother was calling him back but he just ignored her. His behavior brought surprise to both families but this was something Sehun's father already expected. 

     Running his fingers through his hair, Sehun let out a frustrating sigh as he sat in the car. The driver was driving him back home. Now Sehun understood why he had to leave to other states. It was to marry a girl whose father if a CEO. But even though it would help his company, Sehun never intended to agree. The last thing he wanted to do is to betray Byul.

     "Sir, we're here" the driver said. "Please, manage to get me tickets back to Korea and I'll pay it. I need to by tomorrow" Sehun said with a dry voice and the driver seemed surprised. "But-" not able to finish the sentence, he was cut "Please, I'm counting on you" Sehun said as he stepped out of the house. At this time, his parents were probably comforting the other family so he took taut chance to pack his things.

     Taehee was a lovely looking girl. She was also very smart but Sehun simply didn't have any interest in her. Byul was longing to see him again and so was he. He didn't want to betray his one and only person he loved. Checking his phone, he saw a lot of missed calls from his mother but he didn't care. He was searching for Byul's number to call her. But at this time, she was already sleeping so he just shook his head and put his phone into his pocket. 

     He didn't have much things to pack so he just took one bag with him. He couldn't believe that his parents decided on the marriage on their own. And they clearly knew that Sehun had a girlfriend that he truly loved. But he guessed that they didn't care. All they wanted was to save their company. Sehun wanted to save it too but not in that way.

     Sehun's phone rang and he picked up. "Sir, I've managed to get you the quick tickets. I'll be picking you up in thirty minutes. The plain takes off in two hours" he said. Sehun was so thankful that he did manage to book the ticket. "Thank you. I owe you a big one" he said. "But what about your parents, should I say anything to them?" He asked. "Please don't. But they probably know that I'll be doing something like this" Sehun sighed and hung up. 

     "Byul-ah, I'm turning back to you...just wait a little more" he whispered and walked out of his house. 

 


 


New chapter!!! I hope you like it!!! Sehun's family is planning an arranged marriage for Sehun but he denied. That doesn't end there, though...things will get even worse ^^ be ready. There might be some grammar or word mistakes since I'm updating by my phone. Anyways, thanks for still reading and I hope you're enjoying it ^^ Thank you~