010

Close To Losing You (Sequel to So Close Yet So Far)

     Byul walked with Sehun to the place where she was supposed to meet Chanyeol. Hand in hand, they walked and Byul was smiling the whole time. "What's so funny, babe?" He asked and pouted a little. "Nothing. Just that I'm happy to be with you" she said and leaned on his shoulder. A chuckle passed his lips and he kissed the tip of her head. 

     Soon enough, they arrived at the destination and sat down on the bench. Their hands never left one another's. "Byul- Sehun?!" Chanyeol stopped as he was running to them. Seeing Sehun there really surprised him and he smiled widely. You know how he grins when he's happy, right? Sehun stood up and gave his old friend a shoulder-shoulder pump. "It's been so long. I thought you were in other states" Chanyeol said as they took a seat besides Byul. "I wanted to come earlier" Sehun answered. 

     "Anyways, let's start. I think the first thing you need to do is... 'suddenly' to meet her" Byul said as she looked at him. Chanyeol titled his head to the side and narrowed his brow "Suddenly?". "Yeah. So you perhaps know where she works?" She asked. "I do. She works part time at a fancy restaurant" he said. "Then let's pretend like we're coming over there to eat" she stood up and they did, too.

     The restaurant was pretty big and pretty. It wasn't very crowded but it was filled with families. "There she is!" Chanyeol shouted happily and grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, she looks really cute" Sehun said and Byul pouted. "Here is the plan. She's a waitress here which means she will come to take our order. She'll be carrying those menus and then you 'accidentally' bump into her and help her pick them up" she said and Chanyeol nodded. "You planned all this?" He asked. "No, just popped in my mind" she shrugged her shoulders. 

     "Here she goes, Go!!" Sehun pushed Chanyeol out of his seat and said. "Good luck" Byul said and he nodded. Walking to the direction, Chnayeol felt a little nervous. Just as Byul planned, Hana was walking with a few menus. Chanyeol 'accidentally' bumped into her and all the menus fell to the floor. He quickly bent down and helped her pick them up. As he did, his hand accidentally (not purposely) touched hers. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you" he said as he stood up, giving her some of the menus he picked up. 

     "It's okay. Thank you" she smiled back and nodded. Chanyeol smiled too and walked away, back to his table. "So?" Sehun raised a brow and Chanyeol sighed. " I did as you said. And she smiled at me! She's so cute!" He started smiling and blushing. "That's cool. Did you ask for her number or anything?" Asked Byul and he shook his head. "No..." He answered. "What?! You missed your chance, dummy" Byul rolled her eyes and face-palmed.

     "Well, she was busy and-" not able to finish, he was cut by Sehun "She's coming to our table!". Chanyeol turned back and locked eyes with Hana, whom was slowly walking to their table with menus. "What should I do?" He asked, nervous. "Speak to her...ask for her number or anything" Byul whispered as she got closer. "Okay" Chanyeol nodded. 

     "Here are the menus. Please call me when you've chosen" Hana said softly and handed them the menus. Chanyeol gulped before looking up at her. "Thank you" Chanyeol said and she nodded with a smile. He was too nervous to say anything else. Sehun and Byul face-palmed as Hana walked to another table. Chanyeol seriously needed to know more about flirting and making others impressed. "God, this is going to be hard" Byul rolled her eyes and Chanyeol scratched the back of his head lightly. 

     "Look, when she comes to order, try to make a proper conversation with her" Sehun stated and Byul was surprised that the idea was pretty good. She didn't know he knew about stuff like trying to impress a girl but she guessed that was why she actually fell in love with him. "Like what?" Chanyeol raised a brow. "Well, act like you don't know what to order so she would help you and tell you all the stuff about the food in this restaurant" Byul said and Chnayeol nodded.

     After a few minutes, the waitress, whom was Hana, came over to their table again. Chanyeol didn't hesitate and did what they told him. It turned out pretty well. Hana showed him all kind if great food and stuff, Chanyeol smiled happily the whole time. Byul had to admit, he had quite a beautiful smile.

     
     After the meal, Chanyeol was the one to pay. Sehun and Byul left earlier in order to give him time with Hana. "You think he'll get her?" Sehun asked as they stood in front of the restaurant. "Sure, why not. I mean, he is charming" Byul admitted and he nodded. It took Chanyeol a few minutes to come out if the restaurant. "I've got her number!!!" He jumped happily and shouted. Sehun and Byul chuckled while giving him thumbs up. "Thank you guys" he said and grinned ear to ear. They didn't call him the 'Happy virus' for nothing, right?

 

       "Now that today we spent the whole day with Chanyeol, I want to spent time with you too" Sehun said as he and Byul arrived at her house. "Fine," she murmured and closed the doors behind them. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" She asked. "Nah, I'm full already" Sehun said and sneaked to back-hug her. Byul chuckled and turned around so that they were facing. Their eye-contact never broke as they got closer. 

     Sehun's lips pecked her left cheek, her right cheek, her forehead and lastly, her thin lips. The kiss wasn't passionate but full of love and care. She missed it so much. As Byul pulled back, she leaned her head on his shoulder. It felt so warm and up until now, she realized that she missed cuddling into his chest so much. "I wanted to ask, what if I wouldn't be able to marry you?" Sehun said, his voice having a hint of nervousness and she noticed it. 

      "It doesn't matter as long as I'm able to see you every day. Why?" she said. Byul didn't think much about marriage. In their group, Baekhyun was the first one to get married and even has kids now. The others were still in a girlfriend-boyfriend stage so Byul and Sehun didn't need to rush anything. "Just asking" he said. His voice sounded oddly different from usual. But Byul didn't want to be nosy so just shrugged it off.

     "I'm pretty tired. Are you staying over?" Byul asked as she for out of his hug and walked up the stairs. "Yeah. I want to spent more time with you since I've been away for the whole month" Sehun said. Byul chuckled and nodded "Okay. I'll go shower" she said and walked up. As she was in the bathroom, Sehun sat on Byul's bed. He was thinking deeply. He was thinking about the arranged marriage that his parents planned. Knowing his mother well, he knew that she would try everything to get him and Taehee together. But Sehun was a stubborn one, too. He wasn't going to give up easily. 

     Sehun thought about telling Byul about the marriage but he hesitated. Maybe telling her would actually break her heart. But maybe telling her would be better than keeping it a secret from her. She would know about it sooner or later. Sehun was so deep in thoughts that he didn't even notice that Byul was standing at the bathroom door, looking at him. "You finished?" He said and looked at her. Byul nodded and walked over to her. "Yeah. Go and shower" she said and sat on the bed. 

     Sehun took his clothes and went into the bathroom. Byul chuckled and sighed. Just as she covered herself with the blanket, she heard phone ringing. It wasn't hers but Sehun's. At first, she didn't want to budge into his business but then she felt like she needed to pick it up for him. She picked up and put the phone near her ear. Not able to say anything, the person on the other line started talking "Sir, your parents are planning to come back to Korea with the Kim family since you left. They will arrive tomorrow morning and will head to Byul's house if they don't find you at home. Should I say anything to them?".

     Byul was quiet, not understanding the situation. "Sir?" The person on the other line called. "I-I'm sorry, Sehun is a little busy at the moment" she said softly. "Oh, is that Byul?" He asked, surprised. "Nae" she answered. "I'm Sehun's driver, Mr. Choi. Please tell him that I contacted him" he said. "Nae" she answered. After that, he hung up.

     "Who was that?" Sehun asked as he walked out of the bathroom with his hair a little wet. She found it pretty hot and blushed. "Your driver" she said. Sehun titled his head and walked over to her. "I'll call him then. Please sleep first" Sehun said and pecked her lips before walking out of the room with his phone. The whole thing the driver said seemed so hard to understand. *Which Kim family? Heading to my house? What is this all?* she asked herself and raised a brow.

      Soon, she shrugged it all and laid back into the bed. She planned on waiting for Sehun but it took him too long that she drifted to her dreamland sooner that expected. Sehun finished his conversation and walked back into Byul's room to find her already sleeping soundly. She looked like an angle while sleeping. Her cheeks were slightly chubby and lips a little pouty. He found it adorable and he couldn't hesitate to peck her lovely lips. He laid down next to her and stared at her face for a while before he fell asleep, too.

 


 


  New chapter!!!
I hope you like the chapter because I worked on it the whole afternoon while my whole family was sleeping. Thank you all for the support you give and I have to say, your comments kind of make my day. ^^ thank you~

Do comment, subscribe and UPVOTE please~