Under One Umbrella

HaeHyuk Fantasy Land

Romance

PG-13

a/n: It's been a long time since I updated so after I found the inspiration through reading a manga, I made this. I just made it now so forgive me for the typos and grammatical errors. Enjoy the fluffiness~!

 

 


 

 

 

                                      Lately I've been thinking.

 

                                                                                                              … I think…

 

                                                                                                                                                                  Something is wrong with me.

 

 

 

It's strange though. I feel like I like the change. I wonder why.

 

Does feeling of the heart suddenly thumped out of ordinary makes it fall automatically in love? The small brushing of the shoulders, the electrifying effect once two skins barely even touch?

Along with the constant sighs and slightly opening of the mouth to closing it back worried that it might break the silence feeding in. It was suffocating but no one cared to inhale it in and breathe out a new different air.

It's as if the sound of the rain pouring down and trickled on top of the umbrella and the splashes of water as the wet shoes steps on the wet cemented sidewalk deafened the pair of ears. Or, was it because of the loud beating of the heart?

 

The contemplation and the urgency collide that in the end, not one soul ever spoke. It only made it more complicated to speak what the heart wanted to say out loud.

Now at the end of the road, a cross road, the heart will finally stop acting weird (for a moment).

The end of the journey of staying almost dry under one umbrella made the world stop but the clock on my wrist-watch didn't stop its countdown of goodbye.

But of course, only for the meantime. I would see that kind person again. Tomorrow. At school. Where I could see him from afar and watch him in distance.

 

 

"I-I'm s-sorry b-but I-I had to--"

 

"It's okay. I know you're going straight." I said, creeping an embarrassing smile on my lips. "I live nearby so… um,"

 

I paused to stare once again to his face because I never had the chance to look at him up-close and I was too shy to do that earlier.

His face is so beautiful that I was taken aback when I saw his cheeks turned pink when our gazes met. I almost want to kiss him on the lips. Right under the shade of his umbrella.

I need to pull myself together. Or, I'll lose it all.

I can feel how the hairs on my arms rising up from the tingling sensation my heart sent. I know my face will soon turned red so I made the sudden regretful decision to look away, scratching the back of my hair in embarrassment.

 

"U-um…"

 

"O-oh, sorry." I stepped out and I can hear the cold rain rapidly showering my head down to my clothes.

 

"A-are you--"

 

"See you later, Hyukjae!" I widely smiled before I turned my back and run away just like that.

 

I never saw his expression after calling him by his name. I was too shy to answer him when he asked how I found that out. He might say I'm a creep if I tell him that I asked for his name around. He'll definitely say I'm a stalker, a creep.

 

But, I didn't think about that when I called him. All that I think about that time was how his beauty enthralled me and how, with just meeting his eyes makes my heart melts into the fire of love.

 

It makes me weak. Helpless. And outnumber.

 

How. The. Hell. Did. It. Happen?

 

I am Lee Donghae. The famous handsome soccer player. Why am I losing to Lee Hyukjae?

 

 

 

The next day felt even weirder. My friends said I'm acting strange. Like, I wasn't me nowadays.

 

It's likely that I am, absolutely, out of my game.

 

Is it because of a certain person named Lee Hyukjae?

 

Hell, yeah.

 

 

"Donghae," Jongwon called me as he swing his arm over my shoulders and tuck me close afterward. "Something bothering you?"

 

I only blink my eyes and acted as if I didn't hear his question when we're so close to each other's faces.

 

"Hmm," his other, free hand then caresses his chin, observing me. I can see him acting as Sherlock at the corner of my eye.

 

"Yes, there is something." I heard him say that made my eyes open wide. I looked at him in shock.

 

"I know. I'm always right." He grinned with both his lips and eyes.

 

I shrugged his arm to get him off of my skin and started walking ahead.

 

"Those feelings need not to be caged inside your chest, Hae. You need to let it out and be free." He noted that made me stop from turning the doorknob of the soccer team's locker room clockwise.

 

I froze. What the heck is he talking about? What is the weird senior-slash-friend talking about like he knew my feelings better than myself?

 

"You love that first year, right? What was his name again? Ah. Lee Hyukjae. He's cute."

 

There. He finally labelled my feelings.

 

There. Kim Jongwon said that four letter word out for me.

 

There. My heart once again acknowledged it yes.

 

I'm in love.

 

I'm in love with Lee Hyukjae.

 

And, I'm finally revealing how I ended up getting crazy over that beautiful guy.

 

It all started way back a year ago. Yes. When I saw him looking at the entrance exam result pinned on the billboard in front of the main school building.

He, looking so happy seeing his name listed on that piece of paper was the moment I could never forget. He was too happy that made me smile too. It was very addicting that I had no choice but to copy him.

And when he turned around, our eyes met. The shock on his open mouth lifted up to his face and his face heated up when I smiled at him.

He immediately run away after that making my soccer teammate named Jung Leo teased me.

 

"I think he hates your smile, Donghae. Don't smile again." He noted.

 

 

 

 

 

"Donghae, don't let your mind wander off again, you hear me? We need to beat the YuJin High right now or we're cut off on the next game." Said our coach.

 

I'm already dripping in sweat and gasping for air after the coach let me seat for the second time because just like he noted, I wandered off.

 

I slapped my face to wake myself up. I need to step up because I don't want to be a burden not only to our coach but to my other teammates as well. Leo and Yunho weren't resting yet while I was here, taking their breaks from them.

 

I stood up and walked out. Our coach didn't stop me.

 

I went to the side of our shed and start stretching my legs while my eyes looked up the gloomy grey sky then, wandered over the players on the field then passes over the benches and saw Lee Hyukjae seating in the third row, hands clasped together.

 

I got surprised when I saw him staring at me with those weary eyes of his.

 

As if enchanted, I started walking to the other side, blindly walking over to Hyukjae and stood in front of the laddered steel benches and looked up to witness Hyukjae looking at me too as well as the other audiences getting their attention too.

 

Then, it started to rain again. I watched Hyukjae move to take out his umbrella, just like the last time I ran over him and asked him to share his umbrella to me after handing my own umbrella to a student passing by.

 

I watched him stand up and walked to the side, excusing himself to the others seated beside him and then, walked over the middle of the first row to stand in front of me. Though, I still tilt my head up to reach his face.

 

Our eyes talked, staring at each other for god knows how long He made the clock stops ticking for a good while then turned back with the sound of a buzzer. Half time.

 

"I'm going to play, Hyukjae. So, please watch me."

 

Hyukjae nodded.

 

"If…" I paused as I hesitated back and eat the words in. I suddenly got embarrassed when I saw him waiting. I gulped it all down and continue.

 

"I-If I get a goal in… will you… let me…" I paused once again and gaze at his eyes, showing him my heart.

 

"…kiss you?"

 

My eyes shakes as well as my trembling hands on my sides but I still kept my heart be visible in Hyukjae's eyes.

 

The sincerity that I am genuinely feeling right now-- I'm showing it to him.

 

I wish he wasn't that numb not to notice it.

 

My eyes were still busy staring at him, watching his every movement. And, when he leans down and offered to shade me over the rain and smiled, it's like my whole world once again stops.

Not one drop of rain poured down. And everything seemed to be nowhere in sight.

 

 It's like we're suddenly all alone. Yeah. Just the two of us.

 

Hyukjae then continue to move closer… and closer until his lips were just inches away from touching my sweaty wet forehead.

 

"Why… don't I give you one?" Then his soft lips landed on my skin for a brief moment.

 

Hyukjae then pulled away to meet my face then showed me a smile. Just like the smile he did when he saw his name written on that paper.

 

"For luck," He said then straightened back the same time as my world revolved back once again.

 

I can feel the coldness of the rain on my skin once again, the sound of cheers from the audience and the calling of my teammates.

 

"Goodluck Donghae."

 

Hearing Hyukjae say my name finally made me motivated.

 

"I will…" I said as I walk backwards, still staring at him and grinning wide.

 

"... I promise to kiss you later!" I shouted then quickly turned around and ran to the other side and rejoined my team.

 

 

 

Thankfully, the coach let me play after convincing him that I terribly need to make a goal or else it will be the death of me.

All my reserved energy inside of me came out and I feel like I've been reborn as someone better when I keep the high of making a goal as my center.

My teammates helped me and when I finally hit the ball with all my strength and sent it right straight to the goal with precision, I can almost taste the victory.

Then, the goal in continued. We finally won at the end.

 

As the loud cheering from the audience makes us proud of ourselves, I, on the other hand, could no longer contain the other side effect of winning.

I just didn't win because I am the captain and our coach would surely kicked me out if we lose in this important game but because Hyukjae gave me an incredible strength that I have never felt before.

 

Is it the power of love? Because if it is, then, I've wasted my 23 years of living in this world not feeling it.

 

 

"Hey," Leo then nudged me, waking me up from my trance. "Go now and be wasted. I'm sure you can't wait to run over to the other side again. Stop daydreaming already. It does make you look un-cool."

His words made me looked at him back and smirk. I tapped his shoulder without replying back because surely, he'll rebut me back and quickly run away before the coach find me.

 

I ran towards the benches and I was surprised that Hyukjae was now standing on the field, holding his umbrella and waiting for me.

 

I ran faster and I quickly sheltered in unannounced making Hyukjae startled at my sudden entrance.

 

"Hey," I spoke. "Care to share your umbrella. I didn't bring one today."

 

Hyukjae chuckled, covering his mouth with his hand and then nod his head in reply.

 

That smile of his made me feel warm and before I could forget my promise, I reached for his hand and removed it from covering his mouth. It made Hyukjae looked me, bewildered at my sudden action.

 

"C-can I kiss you now?" I asked, slowly leaning forward.

 

Hyukjae then nodded and then, right there and then I kissed him fully on the lips.

 

Then I let go when Hyukjae moaned for air.

 

Panting hard, Hyukjae cupped my cheek and smiled.

 

"You know, Donghae" Hyukjae spoke while his thumb softly brushing my cheek to warm. "I've known you even before. You were the reason why I wanted to study here."

 

"B-because of me? R-really?" I asked, astounded.

 

Hyukjae, once again, nod his head in response.

 

"I fell in love in soccer after I saw you once playing a practice game match on my school before. After that, I…" Hyukjae began to blush really hard. "I-I can't stop thinking about you."

 

It makes me happy. So, I embraced Hyukjae tightly afterwards and kissed his hair.

 

"Then, I'm glad Hyukjae." I mumbled and kiss the top of his head once again.

 

"I'm glad I saw you that time, Hyukjae. I'm so glad that I could die from happiness right now."

 

I hugged him even tighter and I can feel Hyukjae's chuckle vibrating and his arms snaking to hug me back.

 

It was worth a shot.

 

 

 

~THE END~

a/n2: i hope it wasn't that boring, weird and cheesy~ thanks for reading! *gives ♥ to everyone*