It's Not The Side Effect of Drinking SoJu, I Am Thinking I Must Be In Love

HaeHyuk Fantasy Land


Why can you read me like no one else?
I hide behind these words
But I'm coming out
I wish I kept them behind my tongue
I hide behind these words
But I'm coming out



The members let me drink a bottle of soju without my permission as they tricked me to drink a pink carton which most likely contain a pink strawberry milk but they changed it into an alcoholic drink that made my head spin round and round after one sip.

We were celebrating the New Year, waiting for another year to come and that night changed everything. After the chaotic night to remember, i've changed and it's worse than i thought dirtying my blood with an alcohol is worse enough.

I'm doomed. Practically doomed. And i am blaming all of it to that bottle--err carton of soju i dranked that night. I don't know how it  happened but, my perspective and my ways of thinking, my heart and my soul changed. And i don't know why it did but, after that very, very weird night, I fell in love.

Yeah. It must be the soju but, is it still the side-effect of it or is it my heart now?

God! i don't know what to do anymore!

Is it possible to fell in love in one sinful night? Let alone the soju but, is Donghae getting more and more handsome than he already is? It must be. Well, after hitting my alcohol tolerance in a sip and heat coming out from my body and in my eyes; when i looked my way over to my best friend whose holding his drink on his hand and talking to Siwon on his left while i was sitting next to him, on his right; i can't help but to blink my eyes as i imagined Donghae glowing, glittering and shimmering right beside me.

Can you believe it because i don't, when i woke up the next day with a hang-over and a troubled headache.

I thought the effect of it already stayed far away from me but, i thought wrong. Donghae didn't helped me at all. It got even worse!


I woke with a warm body lying next to me, half- under the blanket as i flipped the cover up to find he's wearing my favorite boxer for heaven's sake! This is so not good.

I left my bed with still the unconscious free-loader roommate and went to the bathroom with a dizzy mind and gave myself a cool bath.

when i finished getting the alcohol out of my senses, i walked out of the bathroom half- and only a towel on my waist and found a screaming fish who seems to be sleep-talking all of a sudden.

What really happened? I don't know. It seems like he needs a splash of water or a slap on his face or something.

"What's wrong with you so early in the morning, Hae?"

"God! Hyukkie! What are you doing inside the bathroom?!"

"Didn't you get the picture, Hae?"

And i thought his screams were enough, he totally freaked out right after i answered his stupid question.

He walked out of my room still with my boxers on and i was left alone, frowning. i still didn't get him until, Leeteuk Hyung came in barging my open door with still only a towel on my waist and water dripping down my chest.

"Hey, Hyung. Good morning!"

I greeted but he never greeted me back. Instead, he eyed me and asked me, accusingly.

"What did you do to Donghae, Hyukjae?"

"I--I didn't do anything! He was the one who suddenly barged in and sleep and then wakes up screeming right in front of me!"

"What exactly did you just say to him?"

"Um...I just said 'didn't you get the picture' to him Hyung. What's wrong with him, anyway?"

"Then, have you forgotten what happened last night?" Leeteuk Hyung asked that made me frown even more. What is he talking about?

What happened the other night?

Slowly, flashes of what happened came ringing inside my head, recollecting the memories of being drunk and helpless. I've got my blood rose up on my cheeks, heating up as i remembered one vivid memory of doing a foul move and unluckily, i made that move to Donghae.

"Do you remember now?" Leeteuk Hyung asked, waking me up from my reverie.

"A-a...little. vivid. But, why Donghae's here sleeping with me? I didn't begged for him to sleep with me, is it?" I asked, furious about the possibility i did an embarrassing move that sinful night.

"Oh, maybe you did, Eunhyukkie. And I'm taking down a mental note to never let you drink or else, everyone's going to think about their ual preferences change." Leeteuk Hyung stated, tilting his head and walks out of my room just like that.

I was left dumbfounded. It was their fault it happened. It wouldn't if they didn't let me drink in the first place, right? At least, i have the decency to still put my head high.

Sighing, i slump my on my fluffy bed, thinking about it again. Regret filled my conscience up but the other part of me says it's okay. Heaving another heavy sigh, i shook my head and just get dressed before i can catch a cold and when i'm fully clothed from head to toe, i took a step out of my haven taking a deep breath and welcome everyone's eyes with my gummy smile.

And they know when i fake it or not.

"You don't look so good, Hyuk." Heechul spat, obviously starting to tease me. "I wonder why," he added, smirking.

"Oh! please Hyung! Don't start with me. I'm begging you." I said, exhasperatedly and took my sit on the floor while the other members are all around me except for Donghae and Leeteuk Hyung whose maybe consoling the scaredy fish.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Ryeowook then start a conversation, asking me with a worry tone but it didn't help me feel better.

I just simply answered the eternal magnae, "I'm fine Wookie. Thanks."

"You don't look fine, Hyuk. You look like you're about to cry." Yesung stated that made all eyes into him and went to stare and wait for me to answer.

"Well," I started. "Aren't you a weird genius Hyung?" I sighed and defeatedly confessed.

"Please scratch the weird part, Hyuk. I am not weird am I, Wookie?" Yesung Hyung turned to asked Ryeowook and his eyes were pleading.

"No, you're not--"

"Oh! stop blabbering, Wookie. He's weird. And I am the only genius here." Kyuhyun stated, cutting Ryeowook off. Yesung Hyung pouts while Ryeowook finds him in the older's arms, got scared at the real magnae.

I just simply watched them, silently, as my visions started to change and thinking about Wookie being too soft; Yesung became his knight and shining weird armor and Kyuhyun being the devil that he already is.

I'm not thinking about--

my reverie was cut off by Leeteuk Hyung and Donghae's entrance that made everyone quiet and just listen to the leader's speech.

"We're all still brothers, right?" Leeteuk Hyung asked and everyone frowned except for the diva, Heechul HYung.

"Yah! Stop worrying about the Anchovy and the Fish, Teukie. Everyone has a weird reaction towards alcohol, just like you." Heechul Hyung said that made a face, obviously bored with Leeteuk Hyung already.

"I know that, Chullie. You don't have to state that out so freely." Leeteuk HYung pouts. "Well then, let's forget about the other night, ne?" He asked that made me alert, ready to defy our leader but i shut my mouth and remained silent. And Donghae, i don't know what he was thinking but, he just blurted out and screamed out the words: "I CAN NEVER FORGET IT HYUNG! NEVER!" out so loudly.

"Why so loud, Hae? I'm just by your side." Leeteuk Hyung frowned at the Fish, everybody laughed except me who suddenly had goose-bumps on my skin.

"I'm sorry." Donghae apologized and close his mouth afterwards.

"It's okay, Hae. Teukie Hyung is right. We should forget it." I told Donghae but my mouth seem to have stop talking as soon as i saw Donghae's reaction towards the words i had said.

"Forget Hyukjae? Are you just going to forget it? Huh?! Because honestly, I can't. And never will i ever forget last night!" Donghae exclaimed with a red face that made me choke my own saliva as i swallowed some in his reaction. He then stormed out the 11th floor dorm, going i don't know where because i'm still stuck like a tree in my position.

"Why is he so stubborn? What really happened after you...uh, we know what you did before you both went to your room, Hyuk." Yesung said awkwardly.

"I...what we did last night? I don't really remember it very well." I answered, going back to last night's...well, an explosive bomb.


*Flashback*


"Ya! Ya! Ya! We should play a game! Spin the bottle!" Heechul shouted, holding the empty soju, already drunk and ready to prank.

Then, since most of them are already drunk, they chimed together a loud: Yeah! and the game started after that.

At first, it was a simple: go slap Ryeowook's or pull Shindong's brief's out. But, the game heated up to the next and scary level. Heechul suggested that since they have couples in the group, once the bottle's mouth stops for example: Hyukjae, He will have to face the consequence together with Donghae since they are the EunHae couple. it works also with the other pairings as well.

And that consequence led Hyukjae to kiss Donghae as it was their consequence picked by, of course, Heechul.

At first, it was just a peck. But, as the next spin the bottle spun around the members, everyone got awed when it was Donghae's turn to kiss Hyukjae. And this time, Heechul told them not to just kiss but to do it for ten minutes long and guess what? they'll be doing it the french way.

The atmosphere suddenly got awkward but only after a while because since they are all obviously under the presence of the alcohol, they got very wild. They didn't mind and so, they kissed like there's no tomorrow. They almost made every kissing action in those ten miracle minutes their lips met.

After ten short minutes, everybody got busy with their own things. Others went back to the second floor and the other members returned to their own room leaving Hyukjae and Donghae alone and still kissing for more than fifteen minutes straight.

time passes by and without a breath, they took their time to separate and look at each other. seriously. with a serious face but burning cheeks and as the invinsible red strings that connects and ingnites a sudden feeling deep in their hearts; they both stood up, still looking at each other and the next thing Hyukjae knew, he woke up with Donghae beside him.


*End of Flashback*


And i wonder why memory is such a tease, a cliff-hanger and a bi*. It stops when i'm almost on the part where Donghae and I went inside my room and do...what? Such a tease, really.

"I don't know..." I replied, still as clueless just like them.

"Eh? You're such a tease, Hyuk. Maybe Heechul Hyung might knew!" Sungmin exclaimed and all of us except for Donghae, and look at the second oldest.

"Don't worry, everyone. They didn't went too far, i guess." Heechul answered, smirking.

"EH?!" This time, i exclaimed. "How can you possibly say that when you're not even there in the first place?" I asked, blushing at the same time curious as to why Heechul Hyung said that.

"You're not limping, Hyuk." He said and everyone nodded in agreement. "Even Hae, if he's the bottom but, i don't think he will be bottom and will ever be."

"WHAT?!"

"I've got you're point, Chullie. But, what can you say about Donghae's reaction then?" Leeteuk asks, curious.

"I guess, it's something more than having ..." He said that made everyone blushed at their Hyung's bulgar words. "It's more powerful than that."

"Then, what is it?" Leeteuk asks impatiently.

"He must be in love."

"I don't believe you." Leeteuk interjected.

"Then don't. Go and ask that silly fish. Maybe you'll get your answer straight."

And soon after Heechul adviced, someone at the door peeks in and they all heard Donghae's confession afterwards.

"HYUKKIESAIDHELOVESME!" Donghae chanted without a breath.

and everyone, especially Eunhyuk gasped.

"I DID THAT?!" I exclaimed and never believed what i had said while i'm in the presence of the alcohol.

"YES YOU DID!"

"See? I told you. They love each other." Heechul commented.

"US?" we both said in unison.

"Who else would that be? Me?" Heechul snorted.

"I love Donghae?" I asked, more to myself.

"You love me?" Donghae asked, getting closer to me.

"I did?" I asked, this time to Donghae.

"You did." Donghae answered and nod.

"It must be the side effect of Soju, don't you think?" I said, particularly lying to myself because i know and i think, i meant those words when i said that to him that night even though i most probably forgot about that part.

"No. You said it while looking at me straight in the eyes." Donghae replied, smiling.

"Really?"

"Really."

"So? aren't you going to kiss and make up yet?" Heechul asked, impatient.

"I don't think we'll be doing it in front of everyone from now on. I prefer it privately, Hyung." Donghae said and scoop me up bride-style going back to my room and locked it afterwards.

"You're not going to rip my , won't you?" I asked, scared.

"No. Not if you don't want me to. I'll start off by confessing my love to you first like you did the other night. This time, sober."


THE END>>>>>