ONE IN THE MORNING

HaeHyuk Fantasy Land

ONE IN THE MORNING

HAEHYUK

ROMANCE

PG-13

 

 

 

It has always been the same, same hour every early morning, doing the same thing for over a year, over and over. It became quite a habit actually. To blink my eyes while I stargaze at my ceiling with its green stickers attach around the painted wood above and watch it lose its light before I force my restless body to sleep at night.

I have always been the same, well, not until someone broke me down and let me shattered on the ground. I became half-empty not half-full. Like my bed that was missing another warmth ever since I got left behind. Someone hurt me and it was really painful inside, a bottle of painkiller didn’t stop it from reeking in pain.

I brutally watched myself in front of the mirror in horror, looking at how I turned into a monster, trying to kill my own self and tried to thrash my life away. When I look back at it now, I pity myself for almost ending my precious life back then. But then, I couldn’t put to blame myself either. My heart is always been greedy to fall in love and it almost made me kill myself for too much love.

I reckoned everything I did for someone who is so not worthy and the sum of all of it was purely a waste of time. Yes, there was one part of it that I was happy at the time and I enjoyed the company but, there was so much hatred and regret that I always end up asking myself: “Why did I ever fell in love with him?” and my answer would always be this: “I have no idea.”

I am really tired. I want to sleep like other people would sleep normally because my sleeping habit is actually bad for the health. It’s like I’m killing myself but this time, slowly. I don’t want to stay awake first thing in the morning, at one and keep thinking about that not-so-special someone anymore. I want to lay on my bed at 11, maximum, maybe, and then close my eyes at after thirty and wake up at eight in the morning and watch the sun starts to shine above the sky and hear the birds chirp outside and not waking up at twelve, eat my lunch and then go back to bed once again.

I’m so tired of all of it. Please, someone help me.

….

 

“Stop mourning, Hyukkie. It’s been a year for Pete’s sake! You’ve got to get out of your house and enjoy life to the fullest!”

“I know, Hae. Can’t you see I’m trying?”

I am now talking to my best friend over the phone after I wake up hearing my ringtone alarming aloud. Clad with my night gown and floppy slippers, I walk down the stairs straight to the kitchen to grab my lunch in the kitchen counter where my mom always left before she go to work.

I pulled one stool and sit on it and grab my meal while still on the phone with my best friend, nagging me always, every morning.

“I’m not seeing you trying, Hyukkie. C’mon, we both know you’re not very good at lying.”

“Hmp.” I scoffed and then eat a mouthful. “Easy for you to say, playboy.”

“Playboy? Ow, alright. You got me there but, I have a secret you didn’t know.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a secret, Hyukkie. Why would I tell you?” I heard a chuckle.

“I’m curious, Hae. Tell me now.” I said as I munch.

“Okay. But, you have to walk out from your house to mine.”

I can already sense the other line smirking.

“Fine.” I said. “What time should I be there?”

“One in the morning.”

I stop crunching my food and instantly push it down, making me choke in the process.

“A-are you okay there, Hyukkie?”

“I-I’m fine, Hae.” I answered after chugging down a bottle of water.

“So, are you good for later?”

“S-sure… I g-guess…” I answered, unsurely since I don’t know what Lee Donghae is planning.

“Okay. See you later, Hyukkie. Bye!”

“Bye…” I replied, quite opposite of his jolly tone.

….

After the call, I couldn’t seem to settle in the living room and started pacing around, uneasy, worried and name it all, I am absolutely restless.

I try to settle on the couch and open the TV but when I look at the clock on top of it pasted together on the wall and seeing the time, my heart started to beat crazy and my vision got hazy. It’s god damn one in the afternoon and yet, I’m sweating cold and becoming jittery.

I don’t know what was happening to me but I know it’s not good. What the hell Donghae was thinking of inviting me over at one in the morning? Should I call him back and ask him that or, should I tell him when I get there at his house later?

“Haah!” I exhaled and wash my face with my palms. “I’m doomed.” I mumbled and I wasted my time thinking and thinking over and over again, even when I went to the bathroom and bathe and even after I got out and load my bag pack with things I was too busy to check what else did I put except for extra clothes and toiletries.

I already told my mom that I will be sleeping over and she was glad that I am finally going out but, I already explained to her a couple of times that it’s not like that and now, I’m saying it again for the third time.

“Mom, Donghae’s house is just at the second street. Sleeping over doesn’t mean we’re going to a club and drink the whole night till dawn.” I rolled my eyes when my mom sheepishly nodded.

“I know. Son, I hope Donghae will show you the light.” She pinches my nose and slaps my cheek lightly before going back to the kitchen and cleaning up the dishes afterwards.

I heave a sigh before walking behind her and kissed her cheek. I bid another goodbye before I finally left the house. I look back and saw my mom waving her goodbye at the window above the sink in the kitchen and so, I wave back nonchalantly before walking away.

….

I pressed the doorbell twice before someone opened the door and found it was Donghae’s mom. She then quickly kissed my cheek and cheerfully invited me over, knowing obviously about me sleeping over at their house.

“Is Donghae in his room, mom?”

Since we’ve been friends ever since childhood and our parents were also became friends because of us, Donghae started first from calling my mom also ‘mom’ and so, his mother asked me to call him the same too and I couldn’t say no to Donghae’s lovely mother.

“Yes. I don’t know what he’s been doing all these time. He didn’t want me near his room, you know. But I can hear sounds inside, like he’s carpentering or something.” Donghae’s mother laughs heartily. I nodded in reply.

“I’m going to sneak in and tell you later then, mom.” I said and she nodded in reply.

I started climbing upstairs, going to Donghae’s room which I have been lots of times before. I didn’t knock so when I twist the handle, I found it lock.

“Ohoho Hyukkie, you can’t sneak in yet.”

I heard him spoke and so I rolled my eyes and scoff aloud.

“It’s almost one, Hae.” I tap the door.

“I know. Just wait.”

I heard him say and a loud thud was heard next.

"Hey, are you okay?" I called out and the door slightly opens and finds a snickering Donghae peeking out.

"Yep. Totally fine... except for the slight knee injury." Donghae's lips twitch and I scoffed at him.

"What exactly are you doing?" I questioned and his hand then pulled out from his dark room and grabs my wrist in reply.

"Close your eyes, Hyukkie."

"You'll tell me your secret afterwards, then?" I raised an eyebrow when he grins and nod.

"Close your eyes now."

"Promise?"

Donghae chuckled in response. "I promise, okay? Now,"

I started closing my eyes and blackness welcomed me inside but then, Donghae's hand and his voice that was guiding me inside his room began lighting my path which makes me so happy and truly grateful to have a friend like him even though, sometimes he acts like a five-year old kid in the neighbourhood.

"Now, don't open your eyes yet. Just let me get these things..." Donghae then let go of my hand and his voice starts to drift off making me nervous once again as the light he's showing starts to fade away.

"H-Hae... Where are you?" I panicked when I didn't hear him reply.

"I'm going to open my eyes now..."

"Open them now." I heard Donghae's voice and then immediately open my eyes and found Christmas lights everywhere and they’re all flickering right before my very eyes. I then look for Donghae and when I turn around I saw him wrapped around with flickering Christmas lights around his body up to his neck which made me gasp in surprise.

"W-what are you doing? Are you insane?" I said, laughing hilariously.

"Yes, I am Hyukkie." I saw him smiled. I walk towards him and then holds the wires and was about to untie him when he stops me by his words.

"I couldn't sleep peacefully knowing you're not sleeping well, Hyukkie. I badly want to crack your head open and take him out of your system and implant a new one inside of you."

"Who would it be then?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Me."

I've got taken by surprise by his bold reply.

"Y-you?" I stutter.

"U-huh." Donghae nods. "Then, you won't ever forget about me--"

"I didn't forget about you. You're my best friend! You're always on my mind!" I punch his chest and it hurts because of the prickly lights that I hit as well.

"But that wasn’t my point, Hyukkie. I want to implant my heart and soul to you so that you can finally see that I've been in love with you ever since we were in diapers--"

"Y-yah! Wh-what are you saying now?" I punched him again, this time, I don't care if my fist hurt and he got hurt. My head starts to spin round and round and I feel numb and shaky inside.

"I love you, Hyukkie. I'm in love with you--"

"Y-you know I love you too, Hae--"

"But it's not the same as I feel for you, Hyukkie." He then pouts.

"I-I... I d-don't know anymore, Hae... I'm... y-you're--"

"Hyukkie--" Donghae tried to reach out but I pull myself away.

"H-Hae I-I... n-need to go. I'm sorry--"

I immediately fled, forgetting about my bag pack in the process of leaving. I didn't care and didn't try to turn around when Donghae tripped himself over, trying to follow but he was twisted with wires around he couldn't move around freely.

"S-stupid fish," I mumbled as I stop running and wipes away the tears that suddenly came falling down uninvited. "W-what is he even thinking?"

I started walking back to the house and sneaked in into my room without waking my mom up. Then I took a deep breath soon after I close the door behind and feel my chest that was beating hard.

"What is wrong with me?" I asked myself as I try to calm my super ecstatic heart to rest but Donghae's face, the flickering lights, his voice and his sudden confession keeps on appearing in my head nonstop, over and over like a broken CD inside my brain.

I ruined my hair in annoyance and then groan aloud but not too loud for my mom to hear and then I thrash my body on my bed, face first and buried my thoughts and my body on the mattress, trying to relax a little bit but it didn't help at all.

"Aish!" I flipped my body around, facing my lighted ceiling above me and blinks my eyes as I watch each and every green stars in my own sky inside my room lights.

I just stared there for maybe an hour or so, blanking my thoughts and then something inside hits me. A smile slowly creeps up on my lips and my heart started to beat rapidly again and my thoughts filled up with... Donghae in it.

That's right. This is the very first that I think of Donghae at this hour, early in the morning. The sun is not even up and yet, Donghae is already travelling in my mind. It was something unexpected since Donghae will start appearing from my senses at lunchtime when he always calls but this time, something has change.

No matter how I try to make that unworthy person appear on my mind again and let me mourn and remorse over and over, Donghae will just pop out of nowhere and his dancing lights around him will be a reminder of a cute and jolly moments together.

"Thank you, Hae. But may I need to remind you, you have to make sleep," I told myself and giggled upon remembering his flashy room once again.

"And not to make me think about you... every god damn night."

And I try to force myself to sleep, but this time, I know there is absolutely a 360 degree change with my one in the morning routine.

 

 

THE END.

 

A/N: I forced myself to write HaeHyuk and this is the result. Not so good. Another fail fluff. This is inspired after watching Strong Heart Goodbye Eeteuk Special. I forgot the name of the singer though. It was supposed to be a story about thinking about the person you love every one in the morning but I don't know. this fic doesn't seem like it, though I think it's close but... i don't know. I think I didn't give much justice to what I thought about while writing this. But then again, I don't know. My head is always messy with different stuffs all at the same time. Maybe that's the reason why. I'm practically not having a good time right now. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my stories. Please do subscribe, comment and upvote. It will make me feel good. ^^