Chapter 67

Trusting Demons

VIXX suddenly paused, the force controlling their actions fading away.

“The dolls,” N suddenly cried, turning to his brothers, “they’ve been destroyed!”

“You’re free?” Onew questioned.

“Yeah,” N nodded, turning to give the other leader a quick smile.

“Ow!” Ravi cried a second later when Taemin hit him, “we aren’t under her control anymore!”

“Sorry,” Taemin quickly raised his hands up, “didn’t hear, I was going too fast.”

“How can we be sure you aren’t lying?” Key questioned, making his way closer to Ken.

“I swear we aren’t lying,” Ken assured him, “I swear.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Minho scowled, “we need to get to Hyorin.”

“Right,” Onew nodded, “let’s go.”

VIXX was already off and up the staircase, headed for the room they knew Nayoung was waiting in.

“Wait up,” Jonghyun yelled, chasing after them, “what’s wrong?”

“Hyorin needs us,” Hongbin yelled back, “she’s in trouble.”

“Then get out of the way,” Taemin hissed, using his speed to race past everyone.

Taemin arrived, VIXX not all that far behind him, to find Hyorin lying propped up against a wall. Nayoung stood in the middle of the room, water swirling around her as she glared at Taemin. Carefully, watching for any attacks that could be sent his way, Taemin moved over to Hyorin’s side to make sure that she was alright.

“Hyorin?” he whispered, unsure if talking any louder would cause Nayoung to strike, “you alright?”

“Sore,” she whimpered, “my head really hurts. Hit it really bad.”

“Just heal yourself,” Taemin replied, glancing away from Nayoung long enough to flash Hyorin a small smile, “we’ve got this.”

“Hyorin!” Ken shouted, bursting into the room and blasting Nayoung back with a sound wave.

“She’s alright,” Taemin said, carefully picking up Hyorin and making his way over to VIXX. Leo was quick to take her from Taemin’s arms, looking over her carefully with his brothers to ensure that she was alright.

“I’m fine,” Hyorin assured them, resting her head against Leo’s shoulder, “just a little sore.”

“Good,” Hyuk sighed, resting his forehead against Leo’s shoulder and reaching a hand up to brush some of Hyorin’s hair out of her face, “thank goodness.”

“Let’s finish this,” Ravi growled, starting to make his way over to Nayoung only to be held back by Rina.

“No,” she hissed, “let me.”

Rina charged forewords, punching Nayoung right in the nose when the other looked up to see who was coming. Nayoung cried out in pain, waving her arms wildly as she tried to send water attacks at the other who just froze everything.

“This is for my brother,” Rina hissed before kicking Nayoung in the guts as hard as she could.

“Brother?” Onew questioned.

“She murdered him,” Rina explained, making the mistake of looking away from her enemy.

Nayoung took advantage of that mistake to send Rina flying. Thankfully for rina, Taemin was fast enough to grab her before she hit anything that could hurt her.

“I’ll kill all of you,” Nayoung growled, wiping blood from her nose and lips, “none of you are going to leave this place alive.”

“We are,” Jonghyun growled just before Taemin charged forewords and kicked Nayoung’s legs out from under her.

Key moved next, smashing her head into the floor just hard enough to knock her out.

“There,” Key sighed, getting up and looking over the knocked out half demon before him, “that takes care of that.”

“What are we going to do with her?” Hyorin asked, watching as Onew put some power-sealing handcuffs on her and Minho set about torching everything in the room that looked voodoo related.

“You don’t have to worry,” Key smiled at her, “we’ll figure it out. Seriously, don’t spend too much time worrying about it, alright? Just know that Nayoung will never bother you again.”

“Minho,” Onew instructed, “go through the rest of this place, find and destroy anything that looked like it could be used for voodoo.”

“Right,” Minho nodded before heading off, Jonghyun trailing after him with offers to help so that they could save time.

“Let’s go home,” Key suggested, noticing just how tired Hyorin and VIXX looked, “get a good rest. We can call EXO and tell them everything tomorrow.”

“Right,” Hyorin nodded, too tired to realize just what calling EXO meant.

VIXX, however, weren’t too tired to realize what it meant. The six shared a worried look before following after Onew, Taemin, and Key.

Calling EXO and telling them that the threat to Hyorin was gone meant something very important. Hyorin could go home. And if she went home, she no longer needed VIXX. They would part ways and VIXX might never see her again. It shattered their hearts.

“We’ll figure something out,” N said, trying to sound hopeful in hopes of making his brothers feel better, “don’t worry.”

A/N: so Nayoung is gone, I’m thinking next week will be the final chapter. Wow, almost done. I……feel kind of sad about that.