Chapter 61

Trusting Demons

“Hello?” Onew yawned, internally cursing whoever dared call him at one in the morning.

“Hi,” N’s voice rang out over the line and Onew’s blood froze at the worried tone of voice the other demon used. Oh, he was awake now, that was for sure.

“N,” Onew said, rushing to get up and wake his brothers and master, “is everything alright? Is Hyorin ok? What happened?”

“She’s fine,” N assured him, “but…….something did happen.”

“What?” Onew panicked, “is it Yong Guk? Did something happen to Yong Guk.”

“He’s fine, too,” N said, “it’s…….it’s us. We……what do you know about voodoo?”

“Just that you need to stay clear of it,” Onew said, “N, just tell me what the heck happened.”

“N?” Key yawned, stretching as he sat up in bed, “what’s he doing calling at this hour?”

“I’m asking that right now,” Onew replied, “now get up and get the others. I think we need to make an emergency trip to Korea.”

“Right,” Key nodded, rushing to untangle himself from his blankets so he could get the others, “is it Hyorin?”

“Asking now,” Onew rolled his eyes before returning his attention to the phone, “N, tell me what’s happened.”

“The woman after Hyorin,” N sighed, “she’s got these voodoo dolls and--.”

N’s voice stopped and for a moment Onew wondered if the line had cut out.

“N?” Onew frowned after a moment, “N? Are you still there?”

Onew listened as the phone dropped to the ground. The phone didn’t break, so he was treated to the additional sounds of someone walking away. Actually, he was pretty sure that there were several people walking away. That meant that either N was with his brothers or that he’d been attacked by several people.

It seemed more likely that it was the first. After all, Onew hadn’t heard any sounds of a fight and he knew N would never go down without a fight. He was N, the leader of VIXX, after all. But that left Onew with a rather large question. What the heck had happened? And why would N just stop talking like that and drop his phone?

“Key said you’re talking to N?” Zelo asked, making his way over to the leader of SHINee.

“Yeah,” Onew frowned.

“What did he say?”

“He said something about voodoo,” Onew said, “but then he just…..stopped talking. And he dropped his phone.”

“Was he attacked?” Zelo frowned.

“Is Hyorin ok?” Taemin asked, rushing to join the conversation.

“N assured me that Hyorin was fine,” Onew explained.

“What about Yong Guk hyung?” Zelo asked.

“He’s fine, too,” Onew frowned, “he was saying something about the person after Hyorin having some kind of voodoo dolls before he stopped talking.”

“Wait,” Jonghyun scowled, “did you say voodoo dolls?”

“Yeah, “Onew nodded, “why?”

“,” Jonghyun cursed, punching a wall, “we have to go back home. Now.”

“I’ll book the flight,” Minho volunteered, quickly leaving the room to get his phone.

“Alright, I’ll bite,” Key sighed, “what do you know, Jonghyun?”

“Think,” Jonghyun said, “what do we know about voodoo dolls.”

“That they’re used to control people,” Taemin replied, “so?”

“!” Onew cursed this time, “, , ty, , !”

“What?” Taemin asked, “What is it?”

“Voodoo dolls are used to control people,” Onew said, “so long as you have, like, hair or something, the dolls can control anyone.”

“Even demons,” Key hissed, “under contract.”

“Crap!” Taemin hissed, “we need to go home.”

“Pack our stuff,” Zelo said, running off to get his own phone, “I’m going to call Yong Guk. Tell him that we’ll be there as soon as we can.”

“Got it,” the four nodded before rushing to pack their things.

“How would anyone have gotten their hair or blood or whatever?” Taemin asked a few short minutes later, dropping his bag by the front door while he and the others waited for Key to pack the last of his things.

“We don’t know what’s been going on,” Onew sighed, “for all we know, VIXX got caught in a massive fight and that’s when their blood was taken.”

“Or maybe the person after Hyorin snuck into the house and stole hair from their hair brushes,” Minho shrugged, “we’ll have to wait until we’re there to ask.”

“Got everything,” Key yelled, rushing down the stairs, “let’s go.”

A/N: once, many, many chapters ago, so long ago that the comment is hidden deep within the comments section, someone asked if SHINee would end up in this story since they were in ‘My Twelve Guardians’. I’m sure I said that they’d eventually show up and…….here they are!!! And their profiles will be added to the foreword along with the missing Got7 members. oh, and Zelo is back too, so that’s something to enjoy as well!