Chapter 13

Trusting Demons

After the first explosion rocked the mall, several others went off around the building. In the chaos of people running and debris flying, Ken and N lost sight of Hyorin. This sent both demons into a panic as they rushed through the crowd of people trying to find her.

“Where is she?” N growled, pushing through panicked people.

“Hyung!” Ken called, using his power to make sure that N could hear him, “she might be outside. That’s where everyone else is headed, maybe she got pulled along with the crowd.” N nodded before heading off for the nearest set of doors, Ken following closely behind.

Outside, Hyorin managed to pull away from the rush of people exiting the mall like their lives depended upon it. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, she found a quiet place to wait for Ken to find her. She knew he was probably freaking out that she was gone and it wouldn’t be long before he found her. For now, she would wait someplace and just hum a bit in hopes that he would hear her.

And someone did find her.

“Hello, Hyorin,” a boy smiled, walking over to her with three other boys following him, “glad to see you didn’t get hurt by BamBam’s explosions.” He waved to one of the boys as if to say ‘this is BamBam.’

The boy who had spoken had short dark hair. The one Hyorin figured was BamBam was short and cute with a section of his dark hair dyed blond. The guy standing to BamBam’s right wore a baseball hat and a cocky smirk on his face. The final boy had red hair.

“Who are you?” Hyorin tried to back away only to hit the wall behind her, “how do you know my name.” she felt beyond foolish for leaving herself open to attack like she had done.

“Well,” the guy smiled, “we know who you are because our master wants you.”

“Your master is the one hunting me,” Hyorin frowned, eyes narrowing slightly. So these guys followed the person responsible for her having to leave her parents.

“Just call us Got7,” the boy in the hat mock saluted, “and we have an offer for you.”

“What kind of offer?” she kept glaring, ignoring the bit of fear bubbling up inside of her. What were the chances that these guys were demons? If they were demons, then she was screwed. She couldn’t fight five demons, she wasn’t strong enough.

“Join us,” the red head told her, “sign a contract with our master, binding you to her.”

“No,” Hyorin shook her head, “no way.” Could she even sign a contract binding her to someone? She was a human, not a demon.

“Then we have to kill you,” hat guy shrugged, “if you aren’t going to help our master, then you’re just another threat.”

The red head rushed forewords, moving faster than Hyorin could see, and tossed her. She landed on the hood of a random car, setting off the alarm. Seconds after she hit it, the car went flying into the air thanks to an explosion beneath it. Hyorin landed on the paved ground seconds before the car did, rolling out of the way before she could be crushed under the weight of the vehicle.

“Good dodge,” BamBam smiled slightly. For a moment, Hyorin saw a bit of bitterness in his eyes.

“Being able to dodge isn’t going to change anything,” the red head shrugged, getting ready for another attack on the girl.

Before he could take a step in Hyorin’s direction, something blasted him – and the others – away from Hyorin. She looked around in confusion, trying to figure out who – or what – had sent the four flying. Finally, her eyes locked onto Ken who stood a few feet away, panting because he’d run there from the other side of the mall.

“Let’s go,” N’s voice whispered in Hyorin’s ear and she felt a strange sensation.

Looking around, everything was distorted, reminding her of how Fordo saw the world after putting on the ring in the Lord of the Rings movies. Glancing over her shoulder as she was pulled to her feet, she found N. The demon looked worried as he started pulling her away, glancing over his shoulder at the bruises starting to form on her arms and face.

The pair didn’t get far before they saw Ken flying past them, crashing into one of the cars with enough force to leave a massive dent in the side. Ken let out a small grown before his head drooped, signalling that he’d passed out.

“,” N hissed, looking between his brother and Hyorin. He couldn’t leave Ken, the enemy demons would kill him. But he couldn’t go over and help Ken because that could give away where they were, putting Hyorin in danger. As it turned out, that didn’t matter. The guy in the hat stepped forward, sending out a huge blast of sharp ice chunk.

Ken was far enough way to be spared from the attack, but N and Hyorin were in the danger zone. Knowing he wouldn’t move fast enough to protect both of them, N pushed Hyorin behind him and took the attack instead. Pieces of ice cut into his face and arms and one larger piece found its way into his side.

With a yelp of pain, N fell to his knees and his power deactivated. Glancing around, N realized just how screwed they were. The four demons were making their way over, confident that they’d put a stop to Hyorin’s escape attempts.

“Hyorin,” he hissed, “get out of here. Use the power you got from Kai and run.” Hopefully, the enemy didn’t know what Kai’s power had been and wouldn’t be ready for her to teleport away.

“I can’t,” she replied, dropping down beside him and pulling the piece of ice from his side, “you’ll die. So will Ken.”

“Go,” N hissed, “we’ll be fine. Please go, Hyorin.” She opened to protest once again, but N shushed her, “please go. We don’t want to lose another kind master.” Hearing that, Hyorin got up and started running.

“Crap,” the red head frowned, “she’s running again.”

“Let her run,” hat guy shrugged, “we can catch her later. Right now I want to enjoy this.” he walked over the N, looking down at the leader before kicking him in the side, right where the ice had cut. N let out a pained cry, loud enough that Hyorin heard it and stopped.

“Look at that,” the red head laughed, “the great leader of VIXX. Nothing but a pathetic weakling now.” Hat guy kicked N again, sending him flying a few feet.

Hyorin looked back and felt anger swirling inside of her. How dare they do that to N. How dare they look down on him like that. How dare they hurt Ken – probably for the second time.

The four enemy demons and N turned when they felt an explosion of heat from the direction Hyorin had been. Expecting to find her still running away or just standing there, everyone was shocked to see she was standing in the middle of a fire that had taken the shape of a giant phoenix.

A/N: no, I don’t have anything against Ken. He’s great. The fact that he keeps getting the crap kicked out of him just sort of happens by accident and I feel really bad about that. And I realized something. The last time Hyorin lost her temper (when she said ‘I hate you’ to Ken) is was after using her fire power. This time, her loss of temper and fire power are connected. Wonder if there’s something up with that? Or, am I just saying that to mess with ya all? As for who the bad guys are…….who thought it would be Got7? Anybody?