Chapter 35

Trusting Demons

“BamBam,” Hyorin asked the young demon, pulling him to a stop, “we can’t keep running around like this.”

“You’re right,” he nodded, panting slightly. As much as he wanted to find his contract, he knew that it would do them no good running around like headless chickens.

“Maybe,” Hyorin wondered, “Nayoung said something to you in passing. Maybe she accidently gave you a hint.”

“I don’t know,” he frowned, trying to think, “Whenever I asked about my contract, she yelled at me and hit me.”

“Try to remember some of the things she yelled,” Hyorin said, patting his head in hopes of making him feel better, “maybe in her anger she let something slip.”

“She said,” BamBam narrowed his eyes in concentration, trying to recall the exact words his master had used, “that it was a place I would never go. She said you went there almost every day, but I would never be able to step foot inside. She said I could never even dream about going there.”

“The only place I go almost every day is school,” Hyorin smiled slightly, “so let’s go there.”

The pair took off running in the direction of the school. As they ran, Hyorin pulled out her phone and dialed Hyuk’s number. She knew she had to alert the other search teams to the possible location of the school. However she got no answer from Hyuk. Frowning, she tried Leo’s number and go no answer once more. Eye narrowing in concern, she tried Hongbin’s number and prayed that he would answer.

“Hello?” Hongbin’s voice rang out.

“Hongbin,” Hyorin smiled a little, “we might know where the contract is.”

“Really?” Hongbin sounded like he was smiling, “where?”

“The school,” she explained the logic behind the theory and Hongbin agreed that the contract might very well be there. He promised to meet them there just as the school came into view.

“Hyorin!” Hongbin yelled a few short minutes later, running up to the pair as fast as he could.

“Let’s go,” BamBam urged, “my contract…..I can feel it. It’s in there.”

“You can feel it?” Hyorin questioned.

“We can always feel our contracts,” Hongbin explained, “it’s like a phantom pull at the back of our mind that gets stronger the closer we get to it. If BamBam can feel that pull getting stronger, than his contract really does have to be here.”

“Then let’s fine it,” Hyorin decided, grabbing both demons by the hand and dragging them inside.

Well, she tried to anyway. With the gates of the school locked, they had to find other ways in. plus, the doors would be locked, too.

“Fly us in,” Hongbin suggested.

“But I’ve never flown holding onto someone,” she frowned, “I don’t know if I can fly with two people.”

“Just try,” BamBam said, “if it doesn’t work we’ll just have to figure something else out.”

“Alright,” she nodded after a moment, “let’s do this.”

Flying by herself was never a problem, but Hyorin found that flying with two people was more than a little hard. BamBam might look small, but he weighted the same as most sixteen year old guys and Hongbin weighted the same as the average twenty year old human male. Trying to lift both at the same time was more than a little problematic for her. After several attempts to get off the ground, the three finally landed on the roof.

“Why the roof?” Hongbin asked.

“I thought that the door might be unlocked,” Hyorin explained, “was that wrong?”

“No,” he was quick to smile at his master, “that was a good idea.”

Hyorin smiled slightly, clearly proud of herself, before the group made their way into the school. for a moment, Hongbin wondered if this was too easy, if the door being unlocked was a trap. But then, why would the door to the roof be locked? The school was too tall for anyone to break in that way, so why bother to lock it?

“Can you feel your contract?” Hongbin asked as the three walked through the hallways of the school, examining everything they walked past carefully in case the contract was there.

“I can feel it,” BamBam nodded, “but we’re so close that it……it’s like it’s all around me.”

“Just talk a deep breath,” Hongbin advised, “clear your mind and just focus on that pull.”

“Alright,” BamBam did as told. He closed his eyes and after a moment he started walking.

The young demon walked, occasionally bumping into walls and doors while he tried to locate his contract.

“Hongbin?” Hyorin asked, whispering so that she didn’t distract BamBam, “can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” he nodded, “anything.”

“If demons can feel their contracts,” she asked, “why can’t JB’s brothers use that to find their own contracts?”

“There are these special glass cases that exist,” Hongbin explained, “that block out our link to our contracts. You can still feel it, but you can’t do anything with that feeling. It’s just too weak to follow and fades out completely for a couple hundred miles around the contract.”

“So their master is probably using those glass cases for the other contracts?” Hyorin summarized, “but shouldn’t we then be able to find them the second they’re removed.”

“We should,” he nodded, “but who knows when she’ll remove a case. After this, she might keep all of them in cases even after giving us a clue to find them. Like JB said, she likes to be entertained and that would keep things pretty fun for her.”

“Right,” Hyorin nodded, glaring at the ground as she thought about how twisted Got7’s master was.

“Here,” BamBam called, pointing to the door of a classroom, “I can feel my contract in here, but the door is locked.”

“Use your power to bust it,” Hongbin told BamBam, “or we can break it down together.”

“I got this,” Hyorin smiled ever so slightly before grabbing both demons and teleporting to the other side of the door.

“Why didn’t you do that before?” Hongbin asked

“I can only teleport short distances when I’m teleporting others,” she explained, “the distance between the front gate and the inside of the school is too far.”

“Right,” Hongbin mentally hit himself for forgetting about that.

“Here it is!” BamBam smiled, pulling a piece of paper from the teacher’s desk.

“Here,” Hyorin said, extending her hand as a small ball of fire formed in the palm of her hand, “let’s burn it.”

The three watched as BamBam carefully burned the paper. BamBam smiled as it caught fire and was giggling to himself by the time the paper was nothing but ash.

“Call the others,” Hongbin said, “tell them it’s done.”

“Right,” Hyorin nodded, putting the flames out and pulling out her phone.

Ken answered on the third ring and happily explained how he and Jackson had iced Mark before the speed demon ran off. Ravi answered on the first ring and said he’d met them outside the school shortly, adding that he and Leo had split up. Leo answered on the fifth ring and didn’t explain how he’d beaten Youngjae or if the incorporeal demon had split. JB answered right away like Ravi, but wasn’t too excited to say anything about his fight with his youngest brother.

Hyuk and N didn’t answer at all.

A/N: *whistling noise* *looking at the wall/floor/ceiling like it’s the most interesting thing in the world*. Anyway, thanks guys for all the subscriptions and comments!!! Love you guys!! <3