Chapter 54

Trusting Demons

“What the hell happened?” N yelled the second Hyuk and JB entered the boarding house holding Hyorin and Youngjae.

“Hyuk knocked them out,” JB explained, “he used this new power he got from training with Rina, knocked them both out, and got Youngjae’s contract.” To prove it, JB help up the bottle with the contract inside.

“How did you know her out?” BamBam questioned, helping Hyuk get Hyorin settled on the couch.

“I didn’t knock them out per say,” Hyuk told the explosion demon, “I just up them to sleep. They should be up in another hour or so.”

“Why is Hyorin out?” N questioned, turning Hyuk around to face him, “why not just Youngjae?”

“I’m not practiced enough with the new power yet,” Hyuk sighed, looking guilty and making N feel very bad about sounding so harsh.

“How did you find Youngjae’s contact?” Leo asked, a question soon echoed by everyone else.

“We didn’t get a clue from Nayoung, did we?” Hongbin asked.

“Not that I know of,” Ravi replied.

“She didn’t leave a clue,” JB muttered, glaring at the floor, “she showed up herself this time.”

“What?” this time, N wasn’t the only one yelling.

“Calm down,” Yong Guk said, entering the room with Rina right behind him, “let JB and Hyuk tell us what happened. Then you can all freak out.”

“First Youngjae showed up,” Hyuk explained, “and then there she was. She offered us a deal.”

“What kind of deal?” Ravi asked and Hongbin was quick to throw a hand over his mouth, glaring slightly as he muttered about letting Hyuk talk.

“She said that if we could land one hit on Youngjae, she’d hand over his contract,” Hyuk said, acting as if Ravi hadn’t interrupted him, “it was pretty clear she didn’t think Hyorin could land a hit and she defiantly didn’t think that I could.”

“Hyuk took her up on her deal,” JB picked up the explanation where Hyuk had left off, “and then he did that new power thing and both Youngjae and Hyorin dropped. Nayoung was so shocked and angry when Hyuk just walked over to Youngjae and punched him. she tried to back out of the deal, tied to throw the contract into the river, but I caught it with my wind in time.”

“She left after that,” Hyuk finished, “stormed off without a second look.”

“Do you think you could have stopped her?” Yong Guk asked.

“Didn’t seem like a smart idea since we don’t know how strong she is,” Hyuk sighed sadly, “and with Hyorin right there and knocked out, I didn’t want to take the chance.”

“Smart move,” N commended, “and you freed Youngjae.”

“Well,” Leo pointed out, “not yet. We need to burn his contract.”

“Right,” JB nodded, handing the bottle over to Leo so that the heat demon could destroy the contract inside.

“That’s going to be one useful power up,” Jackson said, “well, once you fine tune it.”

“I wonder if you should fine tune it,” Ken spoke up, “I mean, what if a few years down the line we end up contracted to a bad guy again? Someone who’s just like Mr. and Mrs. Yoo.”

“We aren’t going to let that happen,” N told the sound demon, “we’re never going to sign another contract.”

“But what if we do it on accident or something?” Ken questioned, “or what if we come across a demon who has the power to control or compel people? We just……I would rather not take the chance of Hyuk and his new powers falling into the wrong hands.”

“Ken hyung makes a good point,” Hongbin nodded in agreement, “so long as there’s a chance of Hyuk’s powers being used for evil by evil people, we might want to rethink fine tuning them.”

“We could just not destroy the one we have with Hyorin,” Ravi suggested, “so long as it exists, no one can make another contract for us. They have to sign that one.”

“Good idea,” N said.

“For now,” Hyuk decided, “I’m not going to fine tune it.”

“Why not?” Leo asked.

“Before Nayoung left,” Hyuk frowned, “she said that she was going to get me back, make me cry and beg. She……she’s really mad and……I don’t want to take the chance that she might have something planned, something really bad.”

“Of course she has something bad planned,” Jackson sighed, “she’s evil.”

“No,” Hyuk explained, “she is the type to try to make your worst fears come true. And my worst fears are being taken away from Hyorin, failing to protect her, and being controlled like I was under my last contract. If she’s able to make those fears happen……..”

“She did manage to hurt JB while he was in the basement,” Ken pointed out, “for all we know, right now she’s looking for a way to rip us away from Hyorin. Maybe even looking for a way to use us to hurt her. She is evil enough to at least try doing something like that.”

“Fine,” N nodded, “Hyuk isn’t going to fine tune his new power upgrade yet. We’ll worry about that once Nayoung is no longer a problem.”

N wanted to brush off Ken and Hyuk’s fears. After all, Nayoung trying to control them? it sounded crazy. There was no way she could do something like that. Right? But Ken was right, she was evil enough to at least look into doing that sort of thing. And if there was a way to control VIXX to do as she wished, regardless of their contract with Hyorin………

No, N sighed, I’m just being paranoid.

I don’t know, his beast replied, but……you should be extra careful now, N. If she finds a way…….we’re all in danger.

A/N: well, Ken and Hyuk seem to be on the right track.