Chapter 66

Trusting Demons

Hyorin summoned up a ball of fire and launched it at Nayoung.

“What is that?” Nayoung scoffed, quickly coating the fire ball in water so that the fire went out.

“That was just to start,” Hyorin scowled.

“Weak start,” Nayoung rolled her eyes, eyeing the younger harshly.

She knew that Hyorin was stronger than this, N had told her so when she questioned him about it. So then, why was she not giving this battle her all? The younger was planning something, Nayoung was quick to realize, or just stalling for time.

Probably stalling for time, Nayoung decided.

The little girl probably didn’t want to get any blood on her hands. She was probably waiting for SHINee to rush in and do all the hard work for her.

“Too bad for you,” Nayoung muttered, “I’m not going to let this game end like that.”

Hyorin wasn’t stalling for time, though.

No, Hyorin had a different plan.

“Not there,” she muttered, glancing behind Nayoung quickly.

Since entering the room, she hadn’t had a chance to look around. She knew that somewhere within the four walls that made up this room, Nayoung had the voodoo dolls for VIXX – and Got7. After all, this was clearly her thrown room, naturally this was where she’d have the dolls.

But Hyorin knew that Nayoung wouldn’t let her look around for the dolls. Heck, if Nayoung realized what Hyorin was doing, she’d probably hide the dolls so nothing would destroy them. If she was going to look for them, she had to be careful. Sneaky.

So Hyorin kept moving around, throwing a few fire balls and dodging Nayoung water attacks. Every time she moved, she quickly glanced behind the older half demon, hoping that she could spot the dolls that she was looking for.

Nayoung had a bunch of dolls in the room actually. Teddy bears, Barbie dolls, and baby dolls. It was annoying to say the least. Hyorin wasn’t exactly sure what dolls Nayoung had used, she just had to hope that she would know then when she saw them.

You need to focus on the fight.

Hyorin could almost hear her beasts yelling at her to focus when one of Nayoung’s water attacks came close to catching her arm.

“There,” Hyorin covered her joy when she noticed two groups of doll that stood out from all the others.

One group had seven dolls and the other had six. Yep, that had to be the dolls she was looking for. What made all the dolls stand out was that they looked like what she pictured voodoo dolls to look like. Before leaving the house, she’d quickly googeled voodoo dolls so that she would have an idea of what to look for and the dolls…….Nayoung’s dolls looked exactly like those pictures.

Well, minus the pins sticking out of them.

Go full out.

Hyorin didn’t have to be able to hear her beasts to know what they probably wanted her to do.

She had no problems doing that.

Hyorin lit her fists aflame and charged at Nayoung. The older moved back, throwing up wall after wall of water to protect her from Hyorin’s fire. The water put out Hyorin’s fists, but she kept relighting them each time the fire went out. Nayoung growled, waiting for a chance to push Hyorin back, but Hyorin made sure to never give her room to do that.

Both knew that if Nayoung managed to blow Hyorin back, she could win the fight. Nayoung could really pack a punch, Hyorin didn’t doubt that, and if she got an opening now……

She’d end things.

Nayoung was losing her temper over not being able to strike back, over only being able to dodge, and that wasn’t a good thing. Once Nayoung lost her temper, the game was over and she’d finish things before taking her toys – VIXX – and going home.

Hyorin would lose, VIXX would be taken away, and everything was lost.

“I’m going to end this,” Hyorin said, pulling back.

“By moving back?” Nayoung laughed, “And giving me an opening?”

“Nope,” Hyorin smirked, a large fire ball forming in her hands

“You’ll never win if you pull something foolish like that,” Nayoung laughed, “don’t you remember, stupid little girl, my water puts out your fire.”

“Not aiming this at you,” Hyorin replied.

“Huh?”

Hyorin through her fire ball at the dolls and they went up in smoke.

“No!” Nayoung screeched, knowing exactly what was happening.

Enraged, Nayoung turned her attention to Hyorin who was smiling happily over succeeding in freeing VIXX.

“I’ll end you,” Nayoung screamed.

Hyorin turned to face her just before the blast of water hit her, sending her right into a wall. In a blind rage, she started blasting her shelves of dolls. Once everything was destroyed, she calmed down and turned her attention to the footsteps she could hear coming closer.

A/N: YAY for Hyorin getting VIXX and Got7 free. But……….oh dear. That ending.