Chapter 52

Trusting Demons

Hyuk growled softly as he sat in class beside Hyorin. It was the last class of the day and oh how he wanted it to just end. He had a plan, a great plan, about something he could do with Hyorin after they were let out for the day and he’d even gotten JB to agree to babysit them. Hyorin wouldn’t know, not thanks to JB’s beast form. Even better was the fact that JB had no romantic interest in Hyorin, so Hyuk wouldn’t have to feel the jealous stare of one of his brothers the whole time.

“Finally,” he sighed as the bell rang, “about dang time.”

“Someone’s excited,” Hyorin , giggling when he tried to rush her along in packing up her things and leaving the classroom.

“Well I really want to spend time with you,” Hyuk pouted, “you can’t blame me for that.”

“No,” she replied, blushing a little, “guess I can’t.”

“Plus,” Hyuk muttered when he noticed the looks of disgust being given to his mater and himself, “you can’t deny that being in this place .”

“Yeah,” she nodded, looking down and trying to ignore the looks, “it does.”

“Don’t worry,” Hyuk assured her, “school with be over before you know it. And I’m sure university will be much better.”

“I hope so,” Hyorin glanced at Hyuk, a thought occurring to her, “would you……be willing to come with me? To university, I mean. Would you enroll with me?”

“Sure,” Hyuk nodded.

I think your brothers might as well, Hyuk’s beast commented, regardless of Hyorin being there, I think they would want to go for the experience. None of you have ever gone to university before.

True, Hyuk mentally nodded in agreement, it would be fun, experiencing something we’ve never done before. Actually, I wonder why we haven’t before. I don’t think our masters before Mr. and Mrs. Yoo would have minded if we had asked.

You and the others have always had other things on your mind, the beast explained, protecting your masters, keeping yourselves safe. Honestly, you six haven’t really experienced a lot of things. You’re the first to try high school.

Right, Hyuk nodded, maybe in a few years, the hyungs can try. We can ask Hyorin, too. Maybe she’ll want to come with us.

“Hyuk,” Hyorin called and he jumped slightly, startled.

“Yeah?” he blinked, “what’s up?”

“You were zoned out,” she explained, “I didn’t want you to run into a tree or something.”

“Right,” Hyuk blushed in embarrassment, “thank you.”

“Just be careful,” she giggled, “can’t have you messing up that handsome face of yours.”

“You think I’m handsome?” Hyuk teased, trying to hide his own blush. Hyorin looked away to hide her blush, completely missing out of Hyuk’s flaming red cheeks.

“So where are we going again?” Hyorin asked, “And what are we doing?”

“We’re going to the river,” Hyuk explained, “I found this once place where people don’t go. I was thinking of showing off what Rina has taught me. I think you’ll be really proud to see how strong I’ve gotten.”

“I’m already proud of you,” Hyorin told him.

“I know,” Hyuk nodded, “but this will make you even prouder!”

Hyuk lead her along to the place he’d told her about, the pair talking about school work that they needed to get done while they walked. Once they had arrived, Hyorin found that the place was rather deserted. Only one person was around and the pair froze when the realized who it was.

“Hey,” Youngjae nodded in greeting, “fancy seeing you two here.”

“Cut the pleasantries,” a female voice called out from behind the pair, “I’ bored of it already.”

“Yes, master,” Youngjae bowed low.

“You,” Hyorin said, unsure if she should glare at the young woman or shake in fear, “you’re Nayoung, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” the woman smirked, “and you’re the child of the twelve EXO demons. Truth be told, I expected more. You’re so……young and weak looking. Are you really the offspring of EXO?”

“What do you want?” Hyuk hissed, moving closer to his master both so that he could protect her better and because he wanted to give her emotional support.

“I’ve come to make a deal,” Nayoung said, “well, not so much a deal, but an agreement.”

“About what?” Hyorin asked, her mind coming up with countless things Nayoung could want to make a deal over.

“I’m bored,” the other half demon said, examining her nails as if to tell the world about how little she cared about what was going on, “you found Yugyeom’s contract far too soon. truth be told, you ruined my game.”

“So what?” Hyuk scoffed, “you want us to apologize?”

“No,” Nayoung looked up, “I want to start a new game. This time featuring Youngjae here.”

“What kind of game?”

“It’s very simple,” Nayoung smiled, “if you can land one hit on Youngjae, I’ll give you his contract. See?” she pulled out a bottle from her purse, “I have it right here.”

“Why should we believe you?” Hyuk questioned, “Why would you give up one of your last three contracted demons so easily?”

“Compared to the other two,” Nayoung explained, “Youngjae is worthless and weak. I have no interest in keeping something so pathetic, but I also won’t just hand him over. I want something out of it. Entertainment. So? Will you fight Youngjae to free him? Assuming you’re strong enough to get in a hit that is?”

Hyuk smirked, catching onto Nayoung’s game. She knew that Hyorin couldn’t hit Youngjae. The one time she had it had been with Ravi’s help. And no one besides Rina knew about Hyuk’s power upgrade. Nayoung must think all he was good for was controlling people’s dreams once they were asleep.

She thinks this will be an easy win, Hyuk’s beast laughed, she thinks that we’re going to lose. She’s counting on that and how much it will upset Hyorin.

But we’re stronger than she knows, Hyuk laughed along with his beast.

“Fine,” Hyuk told the evil half demon before him, “one hit? Easy. I’m in.”

A/N: and so now we meet Nayoung in person. And if she isn’t the queen I don’t know who is. Wonder what kind of power upgrade Hyuk’s gotten to make him so confident that he can hit Mr. Incorporeal also known as Youngjae.

In kind of non-story related news. You’ve all heard about that “AFF shutting down” thing a few days ago right? Well, that (and some of the comments I saw on blogs pertaining to it) got me thinking. This is the only place I’ve posted my writing, so if AFF did suddenly shut down that would kind screw you guys over in regards to trying to find and read this story. SO!! I problem solved!!! (ok, so the amount of exclamation marks are kind of unnecessary. It’s not that big a thing) Here (link) is where you guys will be able to find my stuff should AFF ever go down for good. You guys don’t have to, like, follow it or anything, not gonna post this story there unless AFF shuts down, but *shrug* you’ve got the link just in case. ……hush, I like to have my backed up in case of emergency. and it's not like i'm just sitting on the name or something, i will post some things, like W.I.P stuff (toying with the idea of posting some W.I.P stuff for a story i'm thinking of doing after Trusting Demons and Dark Lake wrap up in...........whenever they end)