Chapter 16

Trusting Demons

It took a few days, but Hyorin finally woke up. When she opened her eyes, she found N and Ravi sleeping on either side of her bed while Ken was sleeping in a chair at the end. Leo was just entering the room when she started getting out of bed.

“You’re awake,” he smiled slightly, making his way over to help her get up, “are you hungry?” Truth be told, he’d been getting a little worried that something was wrong. After three days, all six demons were beginning to think that Hyorin might never wake up so the heat demon was very thankful to see her eyes open.

“Yes,” she nodded, not liking how empty her stomach felt, “very hungry.”

“I’ll help you to the kitchen,” Leo said, throwing her arm around his shoulders and hunching over slightly so that their height difference wasn’t as bad, “then I’ll make you breakfast.”

“Thank you,” she smiled slightly, “and thank you for helping me at the mall.”

“Don’t mention it,” he shrugged, “I didn’t do anything that big. N would have done the same thing if he was able to get through the fire.”

“Still, thank you,” Hyorin glanced back at the door to her room, “where are Hyuk and Hongbin? They weren’t there when I woke up.”

“I moved them to their room,” Leo explained as he carried her down the stairs, “I was just about to do the same thing with the others when you woke up.”

“Sleeping in chairs can’t be good for them,” she nodded, “they’ll wake up feeling pretty stiff and sore.”

Leo just nodded before setting her down at the kitchen table. After asking her what she wanted to eat, he started cooking breakfast.

“You’re finally wake,” both turned to find Yong Guk standing in the door way looking very relieved to see Hyorin up and about, “I was starting to wonder if I should call the hospital or something.”

“I’m fine now,” Hyorin smiled slightly, “I still feel a little sleepy, though.”

“I’m not surprised,” Leo frowned slightly, “you used up a lot of energy. You’re body isn’t used to the strain.”

“Should I get the others?” Yong Guk asked the demon, “or let them sleep a little longer?”

“Let them rest,” Leo replied after a moment, “they’ve been tiring themselves out worrying over Hyorin. Let them get as much sleep now as they can, they’ll need it later.”

“What happens later?” Hyorin asked after Yong Guk shrugged, leaving the room saying that he would get some paper work done while he waited for the food to finish cooking.

“We’re going to start training you,” Leo said, turning around to face her, “we aren’t going to let what happened the other day happen again. You need to be ready.” Hyorin nodded, a little worried that she’d have to use her fire for this training. What if she lost control of it again?

--

“Maybe her other powers aren’t ready to be used,” Hyuk suggested after watching N and Ravi working with Hyorin. The pair were trying to draw out some of her other powers – like her water powers – and were getting nowhere.

“What do you mean?” Hongbin asked, turning to face the youngest.

“Maybe her water powers aren’t active yet,” Hyuk explained, “maybe they’re dormant for now and will activate when she’s ready for them.”

“That would make sense,” Ken nodded, “Yong Guk said her teleportation powers didn’t activate until she was five. And her flight didn’t kick in until a year after that. Both of them had been trying to draw those powers out for a good year or two before hand.”

“Meaning trying to force her powers out is useless,” Leo summarized, “they’ll activate when they’re ready.”

“Like puberty,” Ken laughed, “it happens when it wants to happen, not when you want it to happen.” Ken started laughing harder when he noticed how embarrassed Hyorin looked. His laugher was cut short when Leo smacked him upside the head, earning himself a grateful smile from their master.

“You’ve gotten closer to her, hyung,” Hyuk noted after watching the exchange, “just what did you say to her in that fire vortex?”

“Nothing important,” Leo shrugged before returning his attention to Hyorin’s training.

“We should just focus on your fire power then,” N frowned, “if none of your other powers are going to activate, then we’re going to have to make do with what he have. Fire is what we need you to practice with.”

“But what if I lose control?” Hyorin tried not to remember how she’d lost control at the mall, “what if I hurt someone?”

“You aren’t going to hurt anyone,” Ravi told her, “not with us around. We aren’t going to let anything bad happen to you.”

“Alright,” she nodded, but they could all tell she was still against the idea.

“Don’t worry,” Ravi through an arm around her shoulders, “we’ll be right here.”

Taking a deep breath, Hyorin tried to create a small flame in her hand. Even though she knew the six demons weren’t going to let anything happen to her, she couldn’t shake the fear that something could – and would – go wrong. Images of setting something – or something – on fire filled her mind.

“This isn’t working,” N finally said, pulling Hyorin into a hug, “she’s too worried that something’s going to happen.”

“And she’s right.”

Everyone turned to find two demons looking down at them from the roof of the boarding house. One Hyorin recognized as BamBam, but the other she didn’t know.

“Hongbin,” N yelled, pushing Hyorin into the empath demon’s arms, “get her into the house.”

BamBam and the new demon jumped down, blocking Hongbin’s path.

“Sorry,” the unnamed demon frowned slightly, “but we can’t let your master get away this time. This time, she dies.”

A/N: so we know BamBam is there. Any guesses as to which other Got7 member is there? And what did you guys think of VIXX's new song? personally i loved it and can't find a single flaw wiht the song of mv, but that might be 'cuz i'm so gosh darn biased when it comes to all things VIXX (and B.A.P for that matter heh)