Chapter 60

Trusting Demons

“Finally,” Nayoung smirked eyeing the row of dolls sitting before her, “took you long enough to get what I needed.”

“I’m sorry, master,” Mark bowed his head, trying to ignore the pain in his back from his previous punishment at the hands of his master.

“Hair from the sound and dream demons,” Nayoung said, running her fingers over her dolls, “a tooth from the empath. Blood from the illusion, heat, and invisibility demons.”

Nayoung turned around and glared down at Mark. The speed demon tried not to flinch, silently applauding himself when he didn’t even twitch. Nayoung walked past Mark, heading to the other side of the room. Mark waited for her to return to his view, waited to see what she was going to do next.

“Get up,” Nayoung called, “and come over here. I have something for you.”

“What do you have planned, master?” Mark asked, slowly and cautiously making his way over to the half demon.

“Here,” she tossed him a jar with some paper in it, “it’s your contract. Take it.”

“Master?” Mark looked between the jar and the woman clearly confused.

“Go,” Nayoung told him, “leave. I don’t need you anymore, so get out!”

“Alright,” Mark nodded, slowly starting to back up in case she changed her mind.

“One last order,” Nayoung chuckled, “before you rush to your brothers to get your contract destroyed.”

“Yes?” Mark asked, “what do you want me to do?”

 

--

 

“Hang on,” Hyorin said, getting up from the kitchen table, “I’ll be right back.”

“Who’d be knocking at this hour?” Ken asked, “Isn’t it kind of late?”

“Yeah,” N scowled, getting up and following Hyorin along with Leo.

“Hello?” Hyorin said as she opened the door only to freeze when she saw who was on the other side.

“Hi,” Mark said, giving her an awkward smile, “um, I come with news.”

“Mark?” JB said, rushing forewords to stand beside Hyorin, N, and Leo, “What are you doing here?”

“She let me go,” Mark explained, holding up the jar he’d tucked under his arm on his walk to the boarding house.

“What?” N questioned, “Why would she suddenly let you go?”

“She wouldn’t have let you go just like that,” Leo nodded, pushing Hyorin behind him, “that’s not Nayoung’s style.”

“She didn’t just let me go,” Mark said, “she asked me to do one last thing before I could be free of her.”

“One last thing?” Ravi growled, rushing to join N and Leo. Ken, Hyuk, and Hongbin were close behind him, all glaring at Mark as they took to standing around Hyorin.

“She has a message for you,” Mark quickly explained, catching on to what the six demons were thinking right away, “nothing other than that.”

“Alright,” N nodded, “then what’s this message?”

“She said that she wants VIXX to leave now,” Mark said, “and to never come back to Hyorin’s side ever again. If you aren’t gone by this time tomorrow night, she’ll make you……she’ll make you hurt Hyorin.”

“And how does she plan to do that?” Ken hissed, throwing a protective arm around Hyorin’s shoulders.

“She has these dolls,” Mark said, “six of them, one for each of you.”

“Voodoo dolls,” Rina spoke up, entering the room with Yong Guk close behind, “she’s going control you using them.”

“But how?” Hyuk asked, “How can a little doll make us to something like hurt Hyorin?”

“The dolls are magic,” Rina explained, “with a little something from the target, in this case you six, the doll can control every movement of the target. With Nayoung controlling the doll……….I think we all know what she’ll do.”

“But we have a contract with Hyorin!” Hongbin said, unable to believe that someone could make them hurt their master, the master that they all loved.

“The voodoo magic is very strong,” Rina said with a frown, “especially when that something from the target is something like blood or teeth. Hair would work too. Nail clippings could work if you really needed to get something like that.”

“But how could she have gotten anything like that?” Ken asked, trying to recall a fight he’d been in where Nayoung could have gotten any of those things from him.

“She collected things after a few of the fights she had us get into with you,” Mark said, “when Ken was knocked out in that ally? She’d ordered me to get some hair from him. After that fight when Yugyeom hurt Hyorin, she got blood from Ravi and a tooth from Hongbin. After that fight a few days ago when you freed Jr, she came along and got some blood from what had been spilled on the ground.”

“What about Hyuk?” N questioned.

“That fight at the school,” Mark hung his head, “the one in the library? That was her doing. One of those students was control via voodoo magic to get hair from Hyuk and give it to her.”

“So she can control all of us,” Leo scowled, glancing between his brothers and Hyorin, “then we need to leave.”

“What?” Hyorin turned to Leo, shocked, “no.”

“Yes,” N nodded in agreement with his brother, “we’re a danger to you.”

“No,” Hyorin shouted, turning to N, “you can’t leave! We’ll figure something out.”

“She’s right,” Rina nodded, “if you leave, you’re playing right into her hands. We’ll think of something.”

“Fine,” N said, apparently giving in after talking one more look at Hyorin, at the heart broken look in her eyes at the idea of them leavening. However his brothers knew it was all an act. They were still going to leave to protect their beloved master. They would hate themselves for hurting her like that, but so long as she was still alive they could deal with the pain that came with hurting her.

“Pack a bag,” N whispered under his breath, trusting Ken to carry the message to the others, “we leave at one am.”

A/N: I can feel the hate for Nayoung coming from you guys. And poor VIXX leaving. We shall have to wait and see if this is the smart move for them or not.