Chapter 26

Trusting Demons

“I don’t think I understand,” Yong Guk frowned as he looked Rina over again, “you’re saying that you’re a half demon like Hyorin? That she’s not the only one?”

“Yes,” Rina nodded, glancing over at Hyorin who was sitting between N and Leo. Both demons were glaring at the half demon, a clear sign that they didn’t trust her in the slightest.

“So what does that mean?” Ravi asked, “Besides the fact that you both have powers.”

“Truth be told, the only half demons we know of are you and Hyorin,” Yong Guk said, “We have no idea what all of that means.”

“It means we have longer lives and better endurance then regular humans,” Rina explained, “we’re stronger and faster than the average human. But that by no means we’re as fast or strong as full demons.”

“Hyorin can’t do anything close to what we can,” N argued, “her strength and speed are even with that of a human.”

“Give it time,” Rina shrugged, “she’s getting stronger every day. Once all of her powers are activated, she’ll be just like me. And Nayoung.”

“Nayoung?” JB stood up in shock, “as in my former master? What do you know about her?” VIXX also stood up, but they moved in front of Hyorin in case Rina tried to attack their master.

“Of course I know about her,” Rina rolled her eyes, “there aren’t many half demons born into this world, so we tend to take note of each other.”

“And help each other?” Ken glared.

“Not when one of us is trying to rule the world,” Rina replied, “I’m not going to help that brat with something like that. Truth be told, I don’t plan to help her with anything. Moon Nayoung is a selfish, sadistic little monster. Few in this world would help her of their own free will.”

“So you can tell us about her?” Yong Guk asked, “You seem to know her.”

“I have met her a few times,” Rina turned to him as she explained, “Nayoung is, as I said already, a monster. She puts on an innocent face to draw you in until you’re either trapped by a contact or of no further use. She’s been doing this for just over three hundred years.”

“She’s been around for three hundred years?” JB asked, falling back into his seat, “she’s older than me. But she looks like she’s Hyorin’s age.”

“I wasn’t kidding about the long life span,” Rina replied with a shrug, “her power is the ability to control water. Just control it, she can’t create it like Hyorin and her father Suho can. Or could since Suho no longer has his powers.”

“How do you know about EXO no longer having powers?” N asked.

“Every demon on the planet knows about that,” Rina scoffed, “why would a half demon like me be any different? I pay attention to what is being talked about, N of VIXX. Because not paying attention to what is being said could cost me my life.”

“So why are you here?” Leo spoke up, “why tell us all of this?”

“I’m here to help,” she replied, “I want to stop Nayoung just as much as you do. With allies like you, I have a chance of seeing her defeated. Thus, I’m going to help you to ensure that the chances of you winning go up to one hundred percent.”

“Why do you want to beat her?” N questioned, “What did she do to you?”

“Does it really matter?” Rina countered, “What she has done to make me hate her existence doesn’t matter. What does matter is that you will need my help to fight her and to train Hyorin.”

“We don’t need any help training Hyorin,” Hyuk frowned, “we’re doing just fine on our own.”

“Really?” Rina raised an eyebrow, “then why did her electricity powers activate yesterday? Why did she almost kill someone on accident? You have no idea what kind of training she needs, I do. I’ve gone through the same thing she’s dealing with.”

“She has a point,” Hongbin whispered in N’s ear, “and I don’t feel any negative emotions directed at Hyorin. I think she’s legit, hyung.”

N looked Rina over. Just who’s side was Rina on? Were they being played for fools? What it all a trap and he’d wake up tomorrow to find Hyorin dead and Rina long gone? Or was this strange woman telling the truth? Did she really just want to see Nayoung defeated, or was there more to it than that? There were just so many unanswered questions and N didn’t know what to do.

“I want her help,” Hyorin said, pulling N from his thoughts, “please, N.”

“Are you sure?” he asked his master. If she wasn’t one hundred percent sure that she wanted this, he had to know now.

“Yes,” she nodded, “I’m sure.”

“Alright,” N turned to face Rina, “you can help train Hyorin. But we’ll be watching you the whole time until we know we can trust you. Got it?”

“I expected no less,” Rina nodded, “if you weren’t going to keep an eye on me for the sake of your master’s wellbeing, I’d start to question your devotion to her.”

“Of course we care about Hyorin,” Hyuk muttered, “she’s our master and our friend.”

“We’ll start training when you get home,” Rina said, “for now, you need to get to school.”

“Right,” Hyorin nodded, “come on Hyuk. We’ll be late.” Hyuk nodded before following her out the door.

“I’ll be taking over her training for now,” Rina informed N and Ravi, “you’re only going to be there to watch. Help only if I request it of you.”

“Alright,” N nodded even though he hated the idea. He liked helping Hyorin to train. It was part of his job and it was a chance for him to spend time with her. Now he couldn’t do that and he had to watch as someone else help her.

“I’ll show you to your room,” Yong Guk stood to Rina to one of the free rooms that the boarding house had to offer.

“Please,” she nodded for him to take the lead, “lead the way.”

A/N: Is Rina for real? Or is this another threat to Hyorin’s safety?