Chapter 56

Trusting Demons

Ravi took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves, before lying down on the bed. Glancing at Hyorin sleeping beside him, he propped himself up on his elbows and turned to Hyuk lying on her other side.

“You’re sure she’s alright with this?” he asked, turning back to their master.

“Yes,” Hyuk sighed, “for the hundredth time, this was Hyorin’s idea. Well, part of it anyway.” He’d muttered the last part under his breath, but Ravi still heard it.

“What are you planning, Hyuk?” Ravi scowled slightly.

“Nothing bad,” Hyuk defended himself, “Hyorin mentioned that she hadn’t been to the beach in a while and……..”

“Hyuk!” Ravi snapped, blushing brightly as he tried to think of what the younger could have in mind. All Ravi could picture was Hyorin in skimpy swimsuits striking y poses.

“What?” Hyuk rolled his eyes, “it’s just the beach. Geez, with that kind of reaction you’d think I’d suggested something bad.”

“With you,” Ravi muttered, “you never know.”

“You know,” Hyuk teased, “I’ve seen some of those songs you write. Are you sure that it’s not you thinking dirty thoughts about our beloved master?”

“Shut up, brat,” Ravi glared, lightly chopping the younger’s neck, “let’s just get on with this.”

“Fine,” Hyuk laughed, “night night, hyung!”

Ravi felt doziness starting to take over and a split second later he was fast asleep.

--

“Hi,” Ravi opened his eyes to find Hyorin looking down at him.

He blinked, taking in the warm sun on his skin and the smell of salt water in the air. He had to commend Hyuk for his magnificent work when it came to creating dreams. Everything always felt so real that if Ravi didn’t know better he’d swear that this was all real.

“Hyung,” Hyuk spoke up, coming into view beside their master, “are you going to get up soon? I didn’t create this dream just so you could sleep.”

“Right,” Ravi smiled, getting up.

Looking at Hyorin made him want to fall back down.

“Does it look bad?” Hyorin asked, blushing slightly as she played with the skirt of her blue bikini.

“It looks good,” Hyuk assured her, “right, hyung? Hyorin looks cute, right?”

“Y-Yeah,” Ravi nodded, faint blush lighting up his cheeks, “very cute.”

“Alright,” Hyorin nodded before looking towards the water, “can I….? I mean, is it alright if I….?”

“Go ahead,” Hyuk nodded, lightly pushing her in the direction of the waves, “have fun.”

Hyorin grinned brightly before taking off into the surf.

“Seriously?” Ravi hissed once she was out of ear shot, smacking his brother’s arm.

“What?” Hyuk grumbled, rubbing his arm, “what did I do?”

“A bikini?” Ravi scoffed, “really?”

“Is there something wrong with Hyorin wearing a bikini?” Hyuk asked, “She looks cute right? And it’s not, like, something skimpy or anything like that. What’s the problem?”

“You could have warned me,” Ravi sighed, “I mean, she looks so cute and…….how are you not affected by this?”

“I’ve been playing with the idea of her in a cute swimsuit since she mentioned wanting to go to the beach,” Hyuk shrugged, “guess I just got used to the idea.”

Ravi lightly chopped his brother’s neck before returning his attention to Hyorin playing in the waves.

“It’s cool of you to do this for her, Hyuk,” Ravi said, “and to invite me along.”

“You haven’t gotten to spend a lot of time with her since……..you know,” Hyuk frowned slightly, eyes trained on where Yugyeom had cut their master.

“I guess,” Ravi sighed, “you could say that I’m a little scared to spend time with her.”

“Why?”

“Bad things always happen when it’s just me and Hyorin,” Ravi scowled, “first when her lightning powers activated and she almost killed Youngjae, then again when Yugyeom almost killed her. I just…….i don’t want to see if three times is the charm.”

“It won’t happen again,” Hyuk replied.

“How can you be so sure?”

“You’re getting stronger, right?” Hyuk asked, “you’ve got your full power now, so you don’t get really tired after casting an illusion for a few minutes.”

“Yeah.”

“And Hyorin is stronger, too,” Hyuk said, “she’s working really hard to get stronger so she can save Mark and Jr. oh, and keep us safe, too. Not that she needs to worry about that, but--. Point is, she’s not the same girl she was back then and you aren’t the same person either. I promise you that things will be different.”

“You can’t promise that,” Ravi frowned sadly.

“You’re right,” Hyuk frowned, “but I can promise to do everything in my power to help you.”

“Thanks,” Ravi smiled, pulling Hyuk into a one armed hug.

“Now go join her, alright?” Hyuk grinned brightly, “Enjoy your date.”

“Right,” Ravi laughed before rushing to join Hyorin.

A/N: I was trying to think of what to do for this chapter and kept coming up blank. All I knew was that I wanted to give Ravi some time with Hyorin. And then I watched the Victoria Secret Swim 2015 special and was like “I must take them swimming!!” Also, I was wondering, for the next chapter would you guys rather have some Leo-Hyorin time or some Ken-Hyorin time? I have ideas for both, I’m just not sure which should happen first. Having some computer problems recently, the hard drive needs to be replaced, but don't worry it's not gonna effect my ability to write.