Chapter 44

Trusting Demons

“Where have you all been?” JB asked as Hyuk and Hongbin made their way into the living room.

“What do you mean?” Hyuk asked, faking innocence.

“We were with Hyorin,” Hongbin smiled, “why do you ask?”

“Alright,” Jackson sighed, “I’ll rephrase the question. What where you doing? N stormed out of here with Ken right behind him.”

“He did?” Hyuk frowned, looking at the door.

“We just talked,” Hongbin lied, “he…..didn’t like how the conversation turned out.”

“He got angry with Ravi,” Hyuk said, assuming that was what had set his oldest brother off.

“He’s been mad at Ravi since the attack on Hyorin,” BamBam pointed out.

“What did he do that set N off like that?” JB asked.

“Nothing I can talk about,” Ravi sighed, joining the others in the living room, “it’s personal.”

“You shouldn’t let him stew,” JB advised, “You both need to talk about things.”

“I know,” Ravi nodded, “I know I keep messing up, keep putting Hyorin in danger. I just…..it keeps happening no matter what I do. I don’t know what to do to stop it.”

“Talk to N,” JB replied, “I mean, you aren’t doing anything wrong intentionally. You’re doing your best to keep her safe. It’s not your fault that some of the things you do backfire so badly. N has messed up pretty badly as well. Remember when he sent Rina away?”

“Yeah,” Ravi nodded, “but we all wanted her gone. It’s not just his fault.”

“Hyung,” Hyuk spoke up, “don’t worry so much. Your heart is in the right place. Like when you crossed paths with Youngjae, that time when Hyorin’s electricity powers activated, you were just trying to make her feel better. No one can blame you for doing that.”

“But when Hongbin and I took her out,” Ravi replied, “she could have been killed. We should have thought about taking her out more, should have asked Leo hyung or Ken hyung to go along and just supervise. I didn’t think.”

“We didn’t think,” Hongbin said, “I’m just as guilty of messing up as you, hyung.”

“But I’m older,” Ravi told him, “I should know better.”

“Any of us could have made that mistake,” Jackson said, “we’re just as guilty of messing up as you. We’re here too. We promised to protect Hyorin just like you guys and we haven’t done anything to help yet.”

“So we all have messed up,” JB smiled, “don’t act like you’re the only one.”

“I’m going to go check on them,” Ravi said, “Leo hyung is really tired and Hyorin should be sleeping too.”

“Alright,” Hongbin smiled slightly, “want me to tell you when N hyung gets back?”

“Sure,” Ravi nodded after a moment of thought, “I’ll ask him to talk and we’ll……we’ll see if we can work everything out.”

“Alright.”

--

N arrived home with Ken trailing behind him. The sound demon wasted no time in going to his room so sleep. The pair hadn’t arrived home until very early in the morning and that left both of them feeling exhausted. However, Ken was the only one allowing his need for sleep to control him. N took one look at the living room and realized that he couldn’t go to sleep.

“You’re home,” Hyuk sighed, looking very relieved.

“We were worried,” Hongbin said, pointing towards the kitchen chair sitting across from where he and Hyuk were sitting, “please sit, hyung.”

“What’s up?” N questioned, “How is Hyorin?”

“She’s alright,” Hyuk explained, “she’s sleeping. Leo hyung burned out the shadows. He’s sleeping too.”

“He really drained himself,” Hongbin frowned, “I mean, it worked, but he’s going to have to rest for a few days in order to recover fully.”

“Alright,” N sighed, both relieved for Hyorin and worried for Leo, “I’ll go check on them once we’re done here.”

“Ravi’s with them now,” Hongbin said, “actually, that’s what we want to talk to you about.”

“Please don’t be so hard on Ravi hyung,” Hyuk asked, “he feels awful about it. He knows he messed up. You don’t need to keep yelling at him about it.”

“Ken said the same thing,” N sighed, slumping slightly in his chair, “I know he doesn’t deserve everything I’ve said.”

“More like yelled,” Hyuk muttered, earning a small glare from the oldest.

“Go tell him that,” Hongbin suggested.

“Just don’t yell,” Hyuk added, “Leo hyung and Hyorin need their sleep.”

N nodded and left the room. He found Ravi sitting by the door, watching Leo and Hyorin who were cuddled up together on the bed. N paused, watching them for a moment with a fond smile on his face before turning to Ravi.

“Hey,” he said and Ravi turned slightly so that he could look at N from the corner of his eye.

“Yo.”

“I’m sorry,” N apologized, pulling a chair over so that he could sit beside Ravi.

“I’m sorry, too,” Ravi said, relaxing slightly in his chair, “I’ll try to be more carefully next time.”

“I know you will be,” N nodded, “why don’t you get some sleep? I’m sure you’re tired.”

“You too,” Ravi said as he got up and left the room, “Sleep well, hyung.”

“Same.”

Alone in the room, N moved over to the bed. He crawled into bed with Hyorin and Leo, wrapping his arms around his master’s waist and pressing his face against her back. Hyorin didn’t wake up, but she did shift slightly, causing Leo to tighten his grip on her slightly. N smiled softly before drifting off to sleep himself.

A/N: so, are we happy about the LeoXHyorinXN moment at the end? I know I’m happy with it.