Grill

heart.

“Why don’t you go to office? Have no meeting?”

“I need some break from work” Jun Di told his wife. She was confused why her husband didn’t go to work this morning.

“Then what about all of your work? Aren’t you on contract with a lot of agencies?” She asked while she dried her wet hair

“I send all contracts to my daughter, the contract that I took from her before” He said with his deep voice calmly

“You can’t!! They want to work with you not her” She suddenly stopped and turned around to him

“I already told them to contact her, I offer them to work with her, she have to get what she deserve, it was her contract since the first”

“She just same as her mother, burden” She said mockingly

“STOP!! You already lied to her, and you don’t even tell me at all,,,,,,,,, can’t you just accept her? She still your stepdaughter”

“Why? You don’t like I bad mouthing about her and her mother? You still love her right? How come? After you made this young composer down, after you hurt her now you going to love her? So suddenly?”

“I don’t want to talk about this, Aerin” Indeed. He always loved her. And he hurt Jinnie because he don’t know that she was his daughter. Aerin, her wife know everything that Jun Di did to Jinnie.

“27 years ago Nara was the burden and now, her daughter, her twin daughter did the same thing on you!”

“Why you never change at all!! She is your best friends and she gave you everything including me!!!!!”

“Fine!” She went out and slammed the door. Jun Di sat in the edge of his bed, he looked down.

Nara. Jinnie and Winnie mother. The girl that he married 26 six years ago. Aerin was the best friend of Nara since middle school. Nara knew that Aerin in loved with Jun Di since high school because their parents had to matched them each other, even though Nara had the same feeling she hide it for the sake of her best friends. She knew, she had no chance to be with him. Until the day Jun Di confessed his feelings to Nara, she rejected him at the first, by the time their feeling grew bigger than they expected. Their started to went out quietly, until Jun Di started his job as a music video director, he proposed Nara. Once again, Nara rejected him.

“Please Nara, didn’t you said that you loved me too?” He was on his knees in front of Nara with the ring on his hand

“Yes, Jun Di I love you so much, but your parents will not allowing our married” Worriedly she bit her bottom lips.
“I will run away from home, I already got the Job, we could get married quietly and live happily, isn’t that always be our dream? I didn’t love her, never Nara never, how can I married with someone I didn’t love?”

Nara lifted her hand to him, to let him put the ring on her fingers. They run away together and married in another city. The first years, their life was wonderful. They live happily with each other beside them in the morning when they woke up. Nara made a breakfast for Jun Di and sometimes helped him to made a design for music video. Until someday, he got a called from his father, who told the bad news. His mother got a and she has been in hospital for a months.

“Nara, I’ll be back. Please just wait for me” Jun Di said in front of the door

“I will, don’t worry I have someone that will accompany me” She pats her tummy

“What? Are you serious? I’m going to be father?” Jun Di asked while Nara smiled and nodding at him “So come back home soon, we will wait for you here. I wish your mother can get well very soon” He hugged her and kiss her before go. Little did they know. That was their last kiss, the last hug.

 

 

 

 

“It means all this time his wife was told you the lie?” Youngjae asked her, he sit beside her in the couch. Jinnie told everything that happens to them since they were in Japan last week. She told them about her confrontation with him in the parking area until she got the wound and Winnie appeared to helped her.

Jinnie nodded “Yes, Winnie tested his DNA and match it with her after Luhan took a few hair of him, and the result is positive, this morning when I met him, he even admitted that, he was really sorry but I don’t know, something inside me still hurt”

“Just calm yourself first, when you are ready you can talk to him again” Seoukgu said “I have to go, the company called me this morning, boys keep her safe” He said before left, and the boys nodded at him.

“Himchan, come on, this has been passed” Jinnie said while Himchan still mad in front of her. Zelo sit in the floor in front of her, fortunately Jinnie had the thick soft carpet. He pats her legs “I didn’t said that you are ugly noona, but I hate to see that in your face”

Jinnie smiled and ruffled Zelo’s hair “I will turned pretty again in few days, I promise”

“You just still upset inside, time will remove it from your heart soon” Daehyun said after clean the table, she nodded “I will”

“Yongguk, please tell your members to not say anything to him or even mess up, just be professional like you guys didn’t know anything, please”

Yongguk nodded “Go take some sleep, your dark circle getting worse” Jinnie directed her head to the bed room, he walked to her and pats her shoulder “If something like this happen again, I’m not going to let him anymore”

“He won’t do this again, I’m sure”

Zelo took out his book from his bag “I have a lot of homework but there’s no time to finished it when I’m in Japan”

“Go finish it right now, you are going to school tomorrow and practice tonight, right?” He nodded as he walked to the dining table to do his homework

“Youngjae hyung, please help me about this one” Zelo asked him cutely while Jinnie slapped him softly to made him get up to help Zelo, he only rolled his eyes.

Himchan still remain in front her. Jinnie walked to sit beside him, he took a deep breath “I know, I understand” he said before Jinnie pats his back. Jinnie put her chin to his shoulder and hugged his right arm from beside “Don’t be mad at me” She whispered cutely

Jongup just woke up from his slept, he saw Himchan and Jinnie interactions and decide to turned his body around and back to sleep.

“I’m not mad at you, I mad at him, look at your face” He shook his head “How can he hurt a woman, and it was his daughter”

“He didn’t know that before, I’m sure if he know he’s not going to slap me” Jinnie still put her chin on his shoulder, Himchan looked at her wound in the edge of her lips, he touched it softly by his finger “Now you finally said, he slap you, by his own hand?” He let out a hurtful sighed but Jinnie throw her face away, it made Himchan grabbed her neck softly to made Jinnie look at him again “is it still hurt?”

Daehyun who noticed something, replied with a whispered while watched the tv “Ehemmm, yes, it still hurt” made Jinnie laughed at him. Himchan was happy, he could saw her smile and laughed again after all this problems hit her . He hugged her and sighed heavily “I hate to see you’ve been hurt by someone like this, I didn’t have the heart, he even leave the trail”

“Ommoo ommooo, they are so sweet” Daehyun said

Himchan throw a pillow to him after let her from the hug “Jung Daehyun”

“What? I said to the people at the drama, why you throw the pillow all of the sudden?”

Zelo and Youngjae let out a big laughter from the dining table because of Himchan and Daehyun started to war. Daehyun winked to Himchan and raised his eyebrow many times while he directed his head to Jinnie

“What? What do you mean uh?” Himchan asked him and throw another pillow

“I want to get a hug too hyung” Daehyun said that cutely while he open his arms to Himchan, after Himchan throw another pillow again, Daehyun throw that to Jongup who already in dreamland, when the pillow hit his , Jongup suddenly said with his cracked voice “What? Ahh hug me too, hyung” He looks so sleepy and yawning but his face looks so confused when all of them was laughed with Jinnie because of Jongup .

 

 

 

This week was a hectic week for Jinnie and her staff. The contract just reached them one after another. “Why all of the sudden this contracts just came to me?” Jinnie sit on the couch in her workspace while she read all of the new contract in front of her. She knew some of this was from Park Jun Di, because some of agencies told her that he was the one who offer them to made a contract with her. What does he wants right now?

“This is good right? You could show them your work and they would regret ever canceled their contract with you long time ago” Haru said, while he sit in front of her “Should we choose which one the first? Wow, it’s not only the old contract, look? There is a new contract too” He showed her the paper

“No, I can’t take it Haru” Jinnie

“I know this is a little bit too much, we will lack of sleep again in the next month right?” Haru seems didn’t get it what Jinnie’s mean.

“Just leave the new one here, where is the old?” She said, and Haru collecting the paper about the old contract that was canceled before and hand to her “We will only work for the new contract, I will reject the old one”

“Why?”

“No need to know. Now give it back to them, told them I can’t” She handed him all of the old contract. The contract from different agency that had canceled to work with her last time. Jinnie didn’t want to work with someone that already threw her and now want her back, especially when the reason was him. They did because of Jun Di. Not because they wanted to. She doesn’t want it. She believed, the new contract that just she received today was from the agency that trusted her after the rumor about her gone. Yeah, she heard from her assistant that the rumor about she leaked the song is gone, don’t know why and how, but she knew Jun Di did something to fixed her reputation.

“This one should be the best, I will to put a lot of effort on it” She said while hold one of the old contract in her hand, she leaves one of the old contract. Her other hand was entered the number and call someone

“Hello, this is Jinnie”

“Ah, director? Already receive our proposal? We were sorry for suddenly change like this, really sorry” The man on the phone said. He was one of the CEO assistant in TS entertainment

“It’s okay I can understand, I’m going to sign contract but I have a favor, please”

“Oh anything you ask director”

“Don’t let them know about this until the meeting, including their manager, just told them you got another company, will you?”

“Of course, I will hide it, oh my God, thank you so much, we will wait for your work”

She started to make the concept about the coming soon music video for many groups after heard their song many times. But her mind can’t control the desire to create the concept for one group that on her contract list. She focused on the first contract. She replied their song many times to get the feeling from the songs. She going blank on her half way while knocked her fingers to her table. She took a break by turn on the television, and what she just watched made her texted sometone

To: Luhan

Congratulations

 

Luhan just got his first win for miracle in December. She waited for his reply, but it took 30 minutes for Luhan.

 

From: Luhan

Thank you, I’d like to meet you

My treat

 

She smiled widely without even realized it.

To: Luhan

I still have a promise to you, so my treat.

 

She took her time first to back home and get dressed. She wear a jeans and pretty turtle neck sweater and the leather outside. She stopped by to the convenience store to bought some ingredients before walked to her office.

Jinnie already waited for Luhan in her rooftop. She doesn’t want if Luhan picked her up in the apartment, because there will be a lot of boys that would mess her meeting up with him. She prepared some stuff like grills, charcoal and the meat.

“Hi” Jinnie didn’t noticed Luhan just arrived with his red nose.

“Hi, are you cold? Your nose turned red” She said

“Yes, so much” he chills with his hand inside his jacket and let out a little laugh because he touched his cold nose “Are you prepare this?”

“Mh hm, since I can’t treat you outside in the good place because would be a lot of your fans and we have to change our daily menu from ramen” Luhan laughed because of her “And meat is your favorite food, right? I guess it will suits the cold night right now” Said Jinnie while took out the ingredients from the plastics bag

Luhan said in his mind, I can spent my time with you it’s already enough for me, moreover you prepared a dinner here for me, I’m so happy. Luhan nodded while walked to help her “Where is the lighter? I will make the fire, it’s so cold here”Jinnie hand him the lighter. When Luhan started to burn the charcoal, she looked at Jinnie who pour the ingredients to made the sauce and another dishes.

“How’s your day?” He asked out of the blue

“Mmmmm, fine. I got a lot of contract for next year” She said while paid attention to the taste of the sauce “Want to try? I think something was missed” Jinne put the sauce to her palm and hand him her hand, she forgot it was her usual with the boys when they want to tried her food, now she just do it naturally. Luhan the sauce from her palm while he hold her hand “Mmm nice, may be you can add a little salt again” He said while looked at her without let her hand go

“Oh, of course” She said while fixate her gaze with him.

“I’m sorry” He chuckled suddenly when realizes he just her palm and didn’t let her hand go. Jinnie just looked down and added more salt to the sauce.

“So, when I met him with you in the music station at the time, you remember? He was working with you for miracle in December music video?” Jinnie asked him

“Yes” He said while cutting the meat and put them into the grill

“The mv is beautiful”

“He is awesome right? Like you” Luhan compliment her

She rolled her eyes at him and chuckled. “Yes, he is great and ……… brilliant”

“Maybe the talent you got was inherited from him” Luhan said and added “What about him?”

“Maybe” She shrugged her shoulder “I don’t know, Luhan. There is something I’m not sure”

Luhan noticed her insecurity. It was because a half of her still in pain and the rest was not sure if he would accept her as his daughter. “Let the time show you, the important thing is right now you already forgive him, and about the wound, it will heal by itself soon”

“You right, I shouldn’t hate him this much, he already admit his fault too.” She mumbled

“Now let’s eat, I’m hungry” He said while Jinnie poured the sauce into the bowl

The dinner was warm because of the fire outside the rooftop and the fire inside of their hearts. They shared again the laughed that they missed, the jokes, the stories. Luhan missed this moment so much since she walk away in the last few months.

“You have something?” Luhan asked suddenly

“Ha ha ha, I have some inside, you want it?” Jinnie offered him. Luhan nodded and Jinnie walked inside the room to took out two bottles of beer

“I can’t stand the cold right now, can we move inside” He chills again

“Okay, okay” Jinnie said as they walked inside. “Are you okay with the drink? You have no schedule tomorrow?”

“I have, but it was in the night, and only this” He lifted up the bottle “I won’t get drunk” He took a sip the beer and breathe deeply “How many you got until you drunk last night?”

She scoffed while smiled at him “About 5 or 6 bottles?” She laughed after realized it was a lot “How’s yours? How many you need to get drunk?”

“I don’t really know, since I never get drunk, but I start to dizzy when I finished more than 5, so I stop there” Luhan said

“I’m so stupid that night, thanks you come or not maybe I will sleep out there and get the cold in the morning” She chuckled “And……….” She said together with Luhan

“Ladies first” He said

“No, we are not in that era, you could say first” Jinnie put the bottle in the table and put her hands into her leather pocket

“And that night I told you something” Awkwardly Luhan said and nodded by himself

“What is that?”

“Maybe it’s not really important thing for you” Luhan said while took another sip because he was nervous

“Of course it’s imp…………..” She stopped because realized she almost told him

“You were slept that night, right?” Luhan asked while turned to her

“I’m not………….I’m not full slept at all, it’s just too dizzy and my eyes can’t be open properly” She said shyly, but then she saw Luhan opened his mouth and bit his bottom lips in shy

“So you hear everything?” Luhan asked as he fixate his gaze to the floor

“I thought………. it was ……….just a dream, but………….. when I woke up I found ………….your jacket” She admitted as Luhan looked down because he was so shy but something made him turned to looked at her again after Jinnie said “I missed you too”

“What?”

“I missed you too, Luhan”

 

 

 

 

Aerin called her husband assistant. And asked him not to tell her husband about their meeting. He was the one that stole Jinnie hardisk and trapped her in her office. He was the people the Jun Di send.

“Take me to her place” She said

“Who’s place Miss?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know, his daughter”

“But miss”

“Just take me there, I need to know something and you will guide me” She said fiercely “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he doesn’t know about this”