The contract

heart.

“Congratulations guys” I said to VIXX, I promised to visit them in the music station after their stage was finished. I was on their waiting room.

“We thank you so much Jinnie, it was because of your song we can got our first win, by the way what’s going on with your leg? Are you okay?” N said happily but I noticed something in his eyes since I came here.

“No, it your hard work too guys, if this song not sung by you, it might be not happen. I heard your manager told me to do some contract with you before the comeback stage” I told them but their face suddenly changed. “Fell from the stairs, it’ll be okay soon”

“We will be really happy, a lot. If we could work with you again for the next album” Ravi just said that but his face didn’t show like he would happy. He even didn’t look at me in the eyes. “Jinnie, can you come with me” said their manager from the door. I followed him to outside. We talked seriously, he really apologize.

“It’s okay, I can understand how the Director feels after what just happen before” they canceled the contract. Now I know the reason why the boys act like that. They was sad. I joined again in the room and smiled at them, while Hyuk ran to hugged me.

“Noona….” He said sadly, I pats his back.

“Oh boys come on we still have another chance to work together. It’s not the end” then Ravi stood up as he pats my shoulder “But it’s only because the rumor, they are really not professional” he said refers to their management.

I entered the lift and I pushed lobby buttons. I parked my car in front of the music station. When the lift door was open I saw someone in front of me. It was Luhan.

“I need to talk to you” He said calmly as I said “I need to ask you something” he pushed the close buttons as he entered the lift, and we let the lift moved without even knowing where it will go.

“What did you said to her?” I asked him first, the aura between us turned so different from the usual, we both looking at the lift door “I thought it was you at the time, I said congratulations and ask about your promise to treat me”. No. Winnie wouldn’t be that angry if he only said that. I waited for him, let him said everything first. “She answered me, so I still talked about the truth”

“The truth?” I looked at him him who still looked at the door.

“I like you” Luhan turned very serious right now, his eyes didn’t even blink, his mouth was closed. I couldn’t read his face even though he’s not expressionless. He was different.

I was shocked he said that, the first I thought he was kidding or I misheard something but then he added “I said I missed you so much…………….. when you were in Italy” another words that came from his mouth that made me even shocked.

“I said I will pick you up ………………..like always” he sighed and now turned to me.

I still got surprised by his words and realized why Winnie that mad “How can…how can you said that…..how can….you gonna kidding me” Now I looked at the lift door again, not wanting to see his eyes, not wanting to let him see in my eyes, not wanting when he could read me without even trying.

“No, I like you Jinnie” he turned softly

“You know how she really likes you but…………” I said as he suddenly cupped my arms “But you have to know too, soon or later she will know too that I like you, how can you ignored me just because your sister likes me?” suddenly he said everything that I was did to him on purpose

“That’s why you go without even told me right?”

“How can you hurt her by saying that things…” I didn’t asked him

“Then you want me to lie in front of her and tell her that I loved her!” He shook my arm “It will hurt her even more, Jinnie………”

I don’t know what should I say, what would I say on my mind I kept repeating that he hurt her. He hurt her. I said that only in my head but as if he can hear that he reply “I hurt her? YES! But I don’t mean to hurt her and I don’t want to hurt her, that’s not my fault, it’s not even yours or her fault, do I wrong if I have a feelings to you? Look at me Jinnie”

The lift suddenly stop somewhere and the door was opened for the people that pressed the buttons, it VIXX. I pulled Luhan hand away from my arm with my other hand. At the first VIXX was smiled at me and suddenly they changed when they noticed there was something happen with me and Luhan. I back off few steps to give them a free space to come. On the other side Luhan was kept silent too. I pressed the lobby buttons and the door started to closed.

All of us still silent in the lift. VIXX member not even dare to asked both of me or Luhan. At first they looked at Luhan then and me and then they looked down. When the door just opened, I walked out from the lift with my leg limped. Hyuk who noticed that since before walked beside me to help me. “No, your fans is out there, I can walk by myself” I whispered to him and he reply “Did you fight with…..” I cut him by shook my head “It’s okay” then I went out to get my car and go to office.

 

“Director, this is a letter from CUBE entertainment” My staff put that on my table. I have a bad feeling towards this paper. When I open up, I didn’t read that from the first sentence, I looking for the main reason why they send me the letter. Patiently I read the main words, they said to canceled BTOB contract with me, the reason is because they want to use another genre so they will worked with another composer. What a childish reason, why don’t they told me that because they were scared if they worked with me I will leaked their songs before the comeback date.

Bored, I open my phone and open the twitter, I saw many rumors that said a composer who leaked their own song. It’s hurt me. Deeply.  I checked my inbox that started to full with messages.

Luhan

Seokgu

Seokgu

Himchan

Luhan

Luhan

Luhan

Unknown

I open the message

 

From: Unknown

I told you to watch your step and be careful, right?

 

The messages remind me of Park Jun Di who said the same thing to me last time. Did he the one who leaked the songs? Impossible. How can he know the song? He knows nothing about every lyrics I wrote or every songs I composed. But this is also the number that texted me when I got that bloody doll last time. I open another messages from my cousin

 

From: Seokgu

Jinnie sis where are you?

Why so hard to contact you, ckck

 

From: Seokgu

Jin, Lets met up when you have a free time.

Key sis?

 

From: Himchan

Don’t talk to Seokgu

Where are you?

 

From: Luhan

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt her

I will talk to her

 

From all of the messages I got, I decided to reply Luhan message.

To: Luhan

Let her calm first.

 

 

I spent all of the day at office just for received again another canceled letter. It was the contract with the group who going to debut next year. My staff told me, a lot of rumor about I leaked the songs already spread everywhere. There was one contract that I scared if it could be canceled too, it with BAP. I’ve been waiting for so long a chance to work with the boys. It was my dream, our dream that we build since a long time ago.

With a deep breath, I open every files, I still have another 3 contract from different company. Till this time, there’s no letter from them to cancel the contract. At least a few agencies still had their trust on me. It was the contract for Ailee’s comeback song, Girls day comeback song and a contract for Teen Top music video. I have to be more careful from now on.

I turn on the computer in my table, I started to combine any instruments to compose another song. I have few lyric that I made before. I have to showed them that even though I’m still young as a composer, I’m still young in this industry I can be a professional composer too. I’m deserved to get their trust too. Since VIXX won last week, I started to gaining name. I won’t waste that opportunity with me being stuck in this leaked incident. I called my staff in the lobby to get here, but when I saw the clock it’s already 21.00. No wonder there’s no answer. They all back home. Time running so fast when I busy with composing.

I lied in the sofa beside my table work, feeling really tired. I even forgot I didn’t got my lunch and dinner. Now that I mention, I feel hungry. No, starvation. I took phone but suddenly the light off. It was blank I couldn’t see everything properly. I walked a step by step looking for my phone that was ringing, I put on the table but it was really hard. I heard another footstep.

“Who is that?”

“Sasa is that you?” I called my staff. But there’s no answer until I saw the shadow of someone walked towards me. From the body I realize it was a guy, he took my phone and throw it away. He wore a masker with the light in his hand. He directed the light to my computer.

“Who are you?” I asked and walked to my computer, looking for my hard disk because I always save any work there. He walked to the same direction with me. A computer. I took the hard disk first before him and hide it behind me. Without any doubt he hold my body and reached behind me to took the hard disk. But I still hold it tightly “What do you want !!!!!!” I’m so scared when everything around is dark but I will be more scared if that guy stole my songs.

He didn’t said anything and still force to get the hard disk. “Let go of me!! Help!! Help me!” I scream out loud looking for some help but I know there was no one in this office but me. He shocked because the screams and pushed me till I fell to the floor. My forehead bumped into something really hard. It was the edge of the table. The disk lost from my hand and he took it from the floor then he run away. When I was about to get up to run catch him. He closed the door and he locked it from outside. I was stuck again, with the light off again. I really scared right now. He got it, he stole my songs and I’m really afraid because there’s no light here. It was really dark. My vision was a little blur but I force myself to stay awake because I heard someone call my name. I know in a moment I will be safe again.

 

 

 

 

NO ONE POV

 

Himchan tried many times to call Jinnie. But there’s no answer from her. Jinnie didn’t even reply his message again and again. He looking for Jinnie at her apartment, but it was empty. He started to worry. He back to his dorm and took his coat before he walked to Jinnie office that only took 10 minutes from the dorm. The building was near from their apartment. There was something that Himchan didn’t want Seokgu to tell Jinnie. Himchan asked his manager to wait until the rumor was gone, he thought may be their company still want to contract her. He didn’t want to hurt Jinnie. He didn’t want if their company canceled the contract that he waiting for many years.

He entered another lobby, because started from 18.00 the main lobby was locked because there was no staff anymore. When he was about go to the lift, he met Luhan from other direction. He greeted him. Luhan came to talked with Jinnie, to resolve their problem, to make everything clear. Luhan need to tell her everything.

“Why did you come here?” Himchan asked him first in front of the lift, he put his hand to his pocket.

“I need to talk with her” Luhan answered calmly. “I know what have I done to Winnie, so I think I have to met her first to tell her everything she needs to know”

“Done to Winnie?” Himchan let out a chuckled “You didn’t realize what you have done to Jinnie then? She was fell from the stairs because of fighting with her sister until she hurt her legs, she was hurt, she was in pain and……….”

When Himchan want to finished his words the light suddenly off. Both of them looking at each other. Both of them knew Jinnie didn’t like being in the dark. But only Himchan who knew it was fine for her as long she’s not alone when the light off. And both of them knew, there was no body beside her in this office. It impossible for them to go with the lift, because the lift was turned off too.

Luhan and Himchan run to find emergency stairs. They went upstairs to the 5th floor to find Jinnie, both of them doesn’t know if she was there or not. Until when they reached the stairs in 4th floor they heard a girl screams, both of them suddenly froze and looking at each other, again they heard she shouted out loud asking for help. Luhan and Himchan ran even faster to find the door out of the emergency stairs. When they got it, they run to her workspace. The door was locked. Luhan and Himchan called her name almost at the same time.

“Jinniie !!”

Jinnie heard her name was called. She heard Himchan’s voice and Luhan’s voice. But she don’t want if her hope was not true. She thought it only Himchan out there.

“Himchan…… help me………” Now Jinnie didn’t screams anymore, she said his name softly and breathless

“Himchan………..” Jinnie still called his name

“Back off from the door!” He yelled at her. While both of them was about to bump the door, but before they even tried, they looked into something blink at the floor. Luhan moved faster, he took the key on the floor and tried to open the door. Still, when the door was open he could hear Jinnie calling Himchan’s name

“Himchan…….” Himchan ran to her when she was lied on the floor beside the table, he lift her body “Jinnie….” He looked totally worry when he saw her head and tugged her hair behind “You are bleeding” he touched her forehead softly, it was blood.

“He took….my hard disk away” Jinnie whispered in relieved.

“Who?” Luhan asked, and then Jinnie realized there’s Luhan too here. She still in shocked

Jinnie shook her head “I don’t know, he wore a masker” she took a deep breath after Himchan help her to get up but suddenly Himchan got her before she fell because of her limp legs and the accident made her more spun. Luhan was late a second.

Without no doubt, Himchan lifted her body up and carry her while Luhan said “We need to go to the hospital”

Himchan nodded as he asked Luhan to take Jinnie’s key car from her bag.

“No, please no, too much people going to see you, both of you” She said whispered, still in pain, she hold her head because of the pain.

“I don’t care!” it was Luhan now who yelled at her

“Himchan, I have the first aid box at the rooftop, just bring me there, please…” Jinnie begged, didn’t care with Luhan words and Himchan nodded. But something distracted them. They heard someone running out there, Luhan give Himchan sign to take care of her while Himchan nodded as Luhan run away from the room. He brings Jinnie to the room at her rooftop.

Luhan saw a tall man with a mask from afar. He tried to ran to catch him but he was faster than him. He lost him. Breathlessly, he walked back to met Himchan and Jinnie at the rooftop after he the lights. He heard Himchan talked with someone on the phone. It was Winnie.

Himchan followed the instructions that Winnie told him, he touch Jinnie’s wrist to looking for the pulse as he said

“It’s not fast but not too slow,, yes her breathing is normal”

“Can’t you come here? It’s your sister!! and she’s bleed…….!!” Himchan yelled at Winnie but she closed the called.

“!” Himchan got it when Winnie told her that Jinnie was fine because her pulse and breathing was normal. But he really mad at her, the Winnie that he knows always a lot of worry towards her sister now turned into didn’t care at all. He took the box as he saw Luhan just came.

“I lost him” Luhan said at him, he take a look to Jinnie that lied on the couch “Are you okay now?” he asked her softly, the Luhan that Jinnie know is back, he rub her hand as she nodded and pulled her hand away from him. Luhan didn’t shocked with that. Himchan took out the gauze and put an alcohol on it to clean the area around her wound.

“It will be hurt” she grimace and avert , made Himchan stopped

“I will be careful, please Jinnie listen to me this time” He hold her hand, giving her sign to hold at him if she feel the pain when the alcohol touches her wound. Luhan only look at her, how she hold the pain made his heart hurt. And it even hurt when she hold Himchan’s hand tightly, not because he saw that her in pain but because he want to replace Himchan.

“Let’s call the police, they sh……….”

“No!” Jinnie cut Luhan before he finished his words “No, I don’t want to”

“They could do this again to you Jinnie, even more than this, you already received messages too from the strangers, we should………”

“No Luhan stop!” she didn’t feel any pain when Himchan give the wounds a povidone iodine, it should be really hurt but she didn’t even grimaced when he put that. She was too focus to someone who did this, and she doesn’t want to report him to the police. If it was really him, his uncle, she wants to know first what the reason he did this, but now she really doesn’t sure at all.

“I don’t want to report this” She said

“Why Jinnie, it’s for your safety”

“No, not now, this is my problems, you have no right to report this to the police”

“I will stay at your place tonight”

“No! I will bring her to our dorm, she’ll be more safe there” Himchan said that firmly as Luhan nodded at him. “You better take care your problems with Winnie”

Himchan put plaster to Jinnie forehead and help her to sit, he took off his coat and put that around Jinnie’s back, he helped Jinnie as she walked with put her hand around his shoulder and holding her middle to support her. Luhan who took her bag and phone from her room, give it back to her.

“Thank you” Jinnie said as she look at Luhan, she saw a pain in his eyes, he nodded before Himchan bring her home.

Himchan drive her car to their apartment. He helped her to the lift toward the dorm. When they entered all of the boys was shocked notice the wounds in her forehead, she still walked limply. Himchan gave them sign not to asked her anything but it was Jinnie who asked first as she smiled “What? The contract is canceled, right?” she sit on the couch with Himchan beside her, shocked and don’t know what should he say.

“How do you know? Seokgu didnt told you right?” Yongguk sit beside her on the couch.

Jinnie shook her head “They canceled their contract with me too, it’s already 5 contracts” all of them was disappointed too, they don’t know how to support her now.

She yawned, it was fake, she tried to act like nothing happen, like it really didnt bother her, like it doesn't matter to her  “I’m really tired, I need some sleep” She walked to the door and Himchan hold her “STAY.HERE.JINNIE” his grip was really tight but Jinnie too tired, too hurt so she can’t feel any pain, her heart, her body, her head. All of them is in pain now. She smiled at him “He wouldn’t kill me,, I want to back home” she even tried to smile

Yongguk reached her in front of the door “It’s your home too Jin, just stay here with us, we will always here with you”

“I…” Jinnie started to sob, she couldn't hold it anymore “I need to go home” the tears run down her face, Himchan pulled her into his embrace.

“Okay, it’s okay” He said softly as he pats her head while Jinnie crying in his shoulder. He nodded at Yongguk to let her go to her own home, she needs to calm herself

“Zelo, Jongup” Himchan nodded at the youngs, gave them a sign to follow him, to accompany her in her home. Both of Zelo and Jongup nodded.

Himchan said softly while he wipe away her tears and walked her home with her still in his embrace...

 

"I'll bring you home"