02

School 2014

---Hyemi's POV---

"Serves you right for bumping into me!" The guy that bumped into me spat. I was walking along the corridoor towards the class when I accidentally bumped into this messy looking guy and he pushed me onto the ground even after I apologised. "Ya!" A voice yelled from behind and I turned to see a girl stomping towards us. "Lee Joon-ssi, how could you do this to a girl?!" She glared at him. Lee Joon.. I better stay away from this guy. "Are you yelling at me?" He scoffed. The girl didn't say anything but helped me up. "You okay?" Her brows were furrowed as she handed me my books. "Thank you." I muttered softly and ran away from the scene. Yes, I'm weak just like that, but I didn't want trouble since it was only the start of school. I quickly ran into the class and chose a seat near to the window at the corner of the room where I hope no one notices. 

Soon after, students started filling up the room and I noticed the girl that helped me from earlier came in with her friend (who looks like of proud I would say) and took sat in the front since there were no other space left. "Good morning to all and welcome to Woollim High." The teacher greeted. "I'm Miss Kim and first, I have already assigned you to your seats so when I call you name you should move to the seat where I point to." She said and everyone groaned. Much to my luck, I was allocated the seat that I chose and the girl that saved me earlier, was seated next to me. "Annyeong~ I'm Hani, Jung Hani. Let's be friends." She smiled and held out her hand. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Hyemi, Nam Hyemi." I smiled and took her hand. "I'm Jiyoung, nice to meet you." Hani's friend said when she sat down in front of me and I released the hold on Hani's hand. "She's my best friend, Park Jiyoung." Hani beamed. "I just told her my name, you don't have to repeat it." Jiyoung muttered before turning back to the front.

"Lee Sungjong.. Lee Sungjong haksaeng." Miss Kim repeated a few times but there was no reply at all. "Anyone knows who is he?" She asked and the whole room kept quiet when suddenly the door burst open. "I'm sorry! I lost my way!" A pretty looking boy entered the room with his hair flying all over the place. "Lee Sungjong haksaeng?" Miss Kim raised her brow. "Yes, I'm Sungjong." He bowed and fixed his messed up hair. "Alright, take a seat beside Hani. Hani, please raise uo your hand." She said and Hani raised up her hand immediately. The pretty looking guy, Sungjong, then headed towards the seat next to hers. We did some normal introduction games during homeroom lesson and everyone was whining because it was just too boring so Miss Kim gave up and let us have some free time to do whatever we wanted. Some other lessons went as per normal and the bell finally rang which indicates lunch break. 

"Hyemi, do you want to join us for lunch?" Hani asked with her arms linked with Jiyoung's. I glanced at Jiyoung and noticed that she looks reluctant. "Thanks for inviting me, but I prefer to eat alone. Thank you anyway." I smiled. "See, she wants to eat alone, let's go, I'm hungry." Jiyoung pulled Hani away. "See you later, Hyemi ah!" Hani shouted before turning away. "Thanks Hani ah, you're the nicest person I've met so far." I smiled before taking my lunchbox and headed out of the class. When I was walking along the corridoor, I felt a hand grip my wrist and I was pulled into a classroom. The person closed the door behind him and put his finger on his lips hushing me. "Oppa, you scared me." I clutched my chest when I realised he was just Woohyun oppa. "How's school so far?" He grinned. The commotion that happened this morning and sighed. "What's wrong?" He frowned. "No, it was good. I made a new friend." I smiled and he sighed in relieve. "Good to hear. Let me know if you need help, araso? I'm not the spokesperson of the student council for nothing you know?" He chuckled and I nodded. "I'll go eat now then." I smiled before walking out of the class and up the stairs. I stood outside the door of the rooftop and opened the door gently to make sure that no ones at the rooftop before walking in. I moved to the bench and placed my lunchbox down before stretching. "Ahhhhh, fresh air." I breathed out slowly.

I was eating in peace when I heard music coming from around the corner. The music gets louder and louder so I moved towards where it came from and noticed a guy lying on the ground with his phone ringing loudly beside him. I was so surprised that he didn't even wake up with the music so loud. He is good looking, now that I noticed. "Is he dead?" I gasped when I realised he was as still as a log. I knelt down beside him and poked him on his shoulders but he didn't budge. "Excuse me.. Excuse me.." I poked his cheeks but there was still no response from him. "Don't tell me.. He's really dead.." I placed a finger near his nose to feel his breath when he suddenly grabbed my wrist which startled me. "What are you trying to do?" He asked with his eyes closed. "Your phone is ringing just now, I think you better answer that." I said and struggled to get out of his grip. He opened his eyes and sat up without releasing his grip. "You can let go of me now.." I frowned. "Nam.. Hye.. Mi?" He look at my name tag with a smile and his dimples formed on his cheek. 

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

We were sitting around our usual seat in the cafeteria when I noticed 2 people missing. "Who's Woohyun and Myungsoo?" I asked Hoya who's in the same class as them. "I guess Myungsoo's sleeping at the rooftop since he didn't turn up for the lessons earlier. Woohyun's told me to go ahead first, I guess his council had something for him to do?" Hoya shrugged. "He's skipping lessons again?" I frowned. "Don't worry hyung, no matter how many lessons he skip, he's still as clever as ever." Dongwoo laughed. "I'll call Myungsoo hyung." Sungjong fished out his phone and started calling Myungsoo. "Let's not wait for them then." I said and everyone started eating. "He's not answering." Sungjong gave up after calling several times. "Woah, she's pretty." Sungyeol's mouth gape open with a piece of rice on the corner of his lips."Who?" Dongwoo asked and everyone turned to look at the direction Sungyeol was looking at. That girl, Hani, was queuing for the food with her friend. She was beaming happily as she told her friend something that I couldn't understand. "Which?" Dongwoo asked again which broke my line of thoughts. "The one with a pink bracelet." Sungyeol replied before he continued eating.

"Go get her number then?" I joked. That Jiyoung girl is too fiesty, if Sungyeol was to ask her for her number, I've got no idea how funny the scene would be. "Aniyo, she's not my type." Sungyeol shook his head. "Hyung, why are you still looking at her?" Sungjong asked and I quickly turned my head back. "I wasn't!" I argued before stuffing my mouth with rice. "You are hyung, is she too pretty that you couldn't take your eyes off?" Sungjong joked. "Ya, Lee Sungjong! Can't you see that he's looking at the girl beside the one we're talking about?!" Hoya smacked the back of Sungjong's head, earning laughter from the others while I choked on my food. "Relax hyung, it's so obvious." Sungyeol laughed and handed me a tissue. "Hey! Over here!" Sungjong waved when the girls were looking around for seats. The girls looked at each other before heading towards our table. "Annyeong! Jiyoung and Hani right? Why don't you join us?" Sungjong smiled and gestured for them to sit down. "You're from our class right? Sungjong?" Hani smiled and was about to take the seat beside me when her friend sat down immediately. Hoya frowned and looked at me while I shrugged. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jiyoung." The girl introduced herself while Hani started eating. She stopped Hani by grabbing her hand. "Umm.." Hani swallowed the food in the mouth before continuing. "My name is Jung Hani." She smiled and glanced at everyone. "This is Sungkyu hyung, he is in his third year." Sungjong pointed to me, which I politely smiled at them before stuffing food into my mouth. "I know." Jiyoung smiled and there was an awkward silence before Sungjong cleared his throat. "This is Dongwoo hyung, he is also in his third year, in the same class as Sungkyu hyung. Hoya hyung and Sungyeol hyung are in their second year." The 3 greeted them. "I thought you have 2 more guys in your group?" Jiyoung asked as she looked around. "Annyeong! Looks like we have guests!" Woohyun beamed as he sat down beside Hani. "This is Woohyun hyung, he's in his second year and is the spokesperson for the student council. Woohyun hyung, they are my classmates, Hani and Jiyoung." Sungjong said. "Nice to meet you." He held out his hand to Hani which she shook politely and to Jiyoung who refused, so he retracted his hand. "Myungsoo's not with you?" I asked Woohyun but he shook his head. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"Sungkyu oppa's looking at me!" Jiyoung whispered as she shook my arm. "Is he?" I tried to look over but she stopped me. "Don't make it so obvious!" She blushed and I laughed at her. We took our food and were looking for seats when we saw a hand waving at us. "Hey! Over here!" The guy shouted. Isn't he the guy that sits beside me during class? Sungjong, that's his name. "Oh my god, they're calling us over." Jiyoung nudged me and pulled me over. "Annyeong! Jiyoung and Hani right? Why don't you join us?" Sungjong smiled and gestured for them to sit down. "You're from our class right? Sungjong?" I smiled and was about to take the empty seat nearest to me when Jiyoung sat down immediately so I took the other empty seat next to hers.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jiyoung." Jiyoung introduced herself while I started scooping the rice. Jiyoung grabbed my wrist and gave me a look to stop so I did. "Umm.." I swallowed the food in the mouth before continuing. "My name is Jung Hani." I smiled and glanced at everyone. "This is Sungkyu hyung, he is in his third year." Sungjong pointed to the small eyed guy which I found very familiar. 'He must be familiar because he helped me earlier, pabo.' I thought. "I know." Jiyoung smiled and no one spoke until Sungjong cleared his throat. "This is Dongwoo hyung, he is also in his third year, in the same class as Sungkyu hyung. Hoya hyung and Sungyeol hyung are in their second year." They greeted us with a nod. "I thought you have 2 more guys in your group?" Jiyoung asked as she looked around. "Annyeong! Looks like we have guests!" A guy suddenly appeared and sat down beside me. "This is Woohyun hyung, he's in his second year and is the spokesperson for the student council. Woohyun hyung, they are my classmates, Hani and Jiyoung." Sungjong said. "Nice to meet you." He held out his hand to me which I gladly took and to Jiyoung who refused, so he retracted his hand. "Myungsoo's not with you?" Sungkyu asked Woohyun but he shook his head. "Myungsoo hyung is actually Sungkyu oppa's younger brother, but he prefered everyone to call him L." Sungjong said. "Thanks for introducing them, Sungjong." I smiled which he returned.