20

School 2014

---Hani's POV---

Woohyun kept putting his meat into my tray and I kept returning it back to him. "If the 2 of you don't want it, I'll take it." Sungkyu oppa took the meat and ate it right away, causing me and Woohyun to look at him with shock expressions. "YA HYUNG! RETURN THE MEAT TO ME!" Woohyun yelled, trying to pry Sungkyu's mouth open. The rest of us kept laughing at them until they stopped and peace was back at the table until Sungjong started a new topic. "Dongwoo hyung, gyu hyung, be careful." He said. "Wae?" Dongwoo asked, with food all over his mouth. "Aigooo.." Hoya wiped his mouth for him. I overheard all the girls talking about snatching your second buttons. "Second button?" Both Hakyung and I asked at the same time. "JINX!" Sungyeol and Sungjong yelled. "DOUBLE JINX!" They pointed at each other. "This is just a twin thing okay." Hakyung chuckled. "Back to the topic.. Yea, the second button, don't you know the legend?" Sungjong asked and we both shook our heads. 

"Well.. It was said that the second button is the one nearest to the heart. For years, during graduation, if a person likes the guy, he or she will ask for his second button. Or if the guy likes the person, he will give him or her his button." Sungjong explained. "Oh.." I nodded my head, such a cute culture. "Wait for mine next year." Woohyun whispered and I nodded with a wide smile. "How's your preparation for the speech, hyung?" Dongwoo asked Sungkyu. "I'm done with it, I just needed the teacher to vet through it." He replied, nonchantly. 

 

(On the graduation day)

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"UNNI! We're going to be late! Can you hurry up?!" I stomped my feet in frustration. It's Sungkyu's graduation day and my twin just have to take her own sweet time getting ready. "YA! The ceremony doesn't start until 2 hours later!" She yelled back. "Aish! You don't understand. Are you ready or not?!" I groaned as I looked up the stairs, hoping she'll come out from her room soon. "I won't be ready for another 10 mi-" "I'll just go without you then!" I interrupted her before grabbing my bag and went out of the door. I'm feeling so nervous although its not my own graduation, my heart is thumping so quickly. "I have to get his second button!" I fist pumped the air. I awkwardly put my hand down when I noticed stares coming from strangers around me. "This si so embarrassing.." I bowed my head lower and quickly walked away, hoping that they would stop staring at me, 

I glance at my watch. "I should have waited for unni.." I was an hour early for the ceremony and there wasn't much people in school at this early timing. I stood near the gate, looking around, hoping for Sungkyu to show up earlier. "Oh, the gift!" I opened my bag and took out a box and a letter. It wasn't until another 15 minutes before students start crowding the school gate, especially those who are waiting for their graduating crushes or partners. "Sungkyu sunbaenim!" I heard some girls yell and my head turned towards where the voice came from. Sungkyu was walking towards the school when he was stopped by a crowd of girls around him. I tightened my grip around the gift and the letter as I walked towards them. "Sungkyu sunbaenim! Where's your second button?!" A girl yelled, loud enough for me to hear from a distance. I walked nearer towards them and froze when I heard what he replied. "I already gave them to the person I love." This sentence echoed in my head for a many times. "Awwww, why did you give it to her even before the ceremony starts?!" Another girl whined. "I don't want anyone else having it except her." He chuckled and tried to continue walking into the school with the crowd still around him. 

He gave his second button to some he love. And I'm not the one who recieved it.. I couldn't hide the disappointed look on my face as I stared at his figure walking into the school. "Hakyungie?" I felt someone tap my shoulder, so I turned and saw Dongwoo smiling at me. "Dongwoo sunbaenim." I bowed slightly. "Ayyyy, didn't I told you to call me oppa?" He chuckled while trying to protect his second button from the girls around him by gripping tightly on it. "Why are you stoning here? Let's go into school and look for Sungkyu hyung!" He pushed me slightly and we walked towards the school gate when I stopped abrubtly, causing him to look at me questioningly. "Ah... I'm waiting for Hyemi.. Yea.." I lied, not wanting to see Sungkyu right away. yes"Okay! See you later in school then!" He grinned and entered the school gates. "YA! I TOLD YOU GIRLS THAT MY SECOND BUTTON IS FOR HOYA WHY DON'T YOU GET IT!" He ran into the school, protecting his second button. 

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

I fixed my tie properly and looked at the reflections, making sure I look good before pressing the door bell at Hakyung's house. "Hyung?" Woohyun opened the door. "Why are you always at Hakyung's house?" I squinted my eyes at him. "Hey, this is Hani's house too! And why can't I be at my girlfriend's house all the time?! I love her too much!" Woohyun walked into the house and backhugged Hani, who jumped because she was shocked. "Sungkyu oppa, why are you here?" Hani removed Woohyun's arms around her, which causes him to pout and I almost gagged at the look of it. "I came to fetch Hakyung. Is she not ready yet?" I asked, looking around the house for her. "She left already. She was so excited for your graduation she couldn't sleep all night and went out super early." Hani shook her head. "She did?" I laughed along with her. "Ya ya ya, hyung, she's mine!" Woohyun hugged Hani possesively. "I know, she's all yours." I laughed before turning and walking out of the house.

I was walking towards school when I noticed the large crowd at the school gate. "Sungkyu sunbaenim!" Some girls yelled. ".." I groaned but smiled when they started crowding around me. "Sungkyu sunbaenim! Where's your second button?!" A girl yelled. I knew these girls would be aiming for my second button so I made necessary precautions. "I already gave them to the person I love." I smirked to myself. "Awwww, why did you give it to her even before the ceremony starts?!" Another girl whined. "I don't want anyone else having it except her." I chuckled as I continue walking into the school. "Hyung!" Dongwoo panted heavily beside me. "Sunbaenim! Please!" Some girls around her pleaded and I noticed Dongwoo clutching his second button. "Girls, leave him alone." I chuckled. and the girls left reluctantly with disappointment. "Thanks hyung.." Dongwoo slumped his arm around my shoulder, leaving me to support his weight on me. "Why are you protecting this with your life? Who are you leaving it for?" I chuckled. He blushed and covered his face. "Hoya." I said and Dongwoo's head bolted up immediately. "I knew it." I laughed. "HYUNG! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He punched my arm and I massaged it while laughing at him. 

"I thought you said that you are coming to school with Hakyungie?" Dongwoo asked as we walked into the hall. "I went to her house, but she left home earlier." I replied, looking around for her. "I saw her at the gate earlier, she said she was waiting for Hyemi. She looked very disappointed though." Dongwoo tapped his finger at his chin. "I should go look for her." I was about to go back to the gates when Dongwoo pulled me back. "Ya hyung, we have to register for the ceremony. She won't run away." He grinned before pulling me to the counter. After we were done registering, Hoya approached us with a dinosaur soft toy in his hands. "Happy Graduation Dongwoo hyung!" He smiled widely and handed Dongwoo the soft toy. "Omo! Thank you Hoya!" Dongwoo laughed happily and hugged the soft toy tightly with Hoya just watching him while grinning happily. "Ya, am I transparent or something?" I complained. "Happy graduation Sungkyu hyung!" Hoya patted my back. "What? No soft toy for me?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He pulled me into a hug. "I want a hug too Hoya!" Dongwoo whined and Hoya gladly hugged Dongwoo, which ended up having Dongwoo clinging onto him, not willing to let go at all. "Why a dinosaur?" I asked as we walked to our seats. "Don't you think that Dongwoo hyung looks like a dinosaur?" Hoya laughed. "Aren't dinosaurs scary looking?" I laughed but Dongwoo frowned. "Dinosaurs can be cute too! Like my Dongwoo hyung!" Hoya glared at me before huggin Dongwoo tightly. "Oh my, I'm leaving here." I muttered before leaving the 2. 

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"Kyungie! Why are you still here? Where's Sungkyu oppa?" Hani looked around me with Woohyun strolling leisurely towards us. "Uh.. I didn't see him anywhere." I lied and she looked at me as though saying 'I know you're lying.' "Fine.." I sighed. "I did see him." I continued. "And?" She urged me to continue. "I heard him saying that he already gave his second button to the one he love." I looked down at my feet, trying to hide the disappointment in my face. "Actua-" Woohyun said but Hani quickly covered his mouth and pulled him aside, whispering some stuff before turning back to me. "Actually, it's about time for the ceremony, why don't we head in first?" Hani was obviously hiding something from me, but I was too depressed to pester her about it. We were about to go into the school when L and Hyemi came running to us. "Ya! Wait for us!" They panted. "Hyemi, you are normally quite early.." Hani said. "Thanks to this log." Hyemi nudged L who shrugged. "Well-" I was about to say something when Sungyeol and Sungjong appeared. "We aren't late!" They said at the same time. "Jinx!" They yelled again. "DOUBLE JINX!" They yelled again. "Let's just go in.." Woohyun shook his head and held Hani's hands as we all walked into school with the choding and the diva quarreling behind us. 

"Where's Hoya?" Woohyun asked Sungjong who shrugged. "Probably with Dongwoo- There he is!" Sungyeol replied and pointed to Hoya who was trying his best to remove Dongwoo from clinging onto him. Sungkyu came into the picture and pry Dongwoo off Hoya, pulling him to the graduating batch seats. Sungyeol waved his hands high up shouting for Hoya and he noticed before coming towards us. "Why is Dongwoo hyung extra clingy today?" L asked Hoya when he took the seat next to him. "Well.." Hoya scratched his head and blushed. "I confessed to him?" He chcukled. "You what?!" Sungyeol hollered. "Mr Lee, please keep your voice down." The teacher said over the microphone and everyone in the hall turned to look at Sungyeol, who is busy trying to bury his head under Sungjong's shirt. "Ya! You're embarrassing yourself even more!" Sungjong hissed, trying to get Sungyeol's head out of his shirt. I chuckled at them and look up when my eyes met Sungkyu. He smiled at me, which I returned it and quickly look away. I felt hurt. What was I to him now? I sighed but felt much better when Hani held my hand and gave me an encouraging squeeze. 

After most of the people went up to recieve the certificates the teacher announced for the valedictorian to go up on stage. Amongst the fangirls who were screaming Sungkyu's name and the audience clapping super loudly, L was very excited. "SUNGKYU HYUNG! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! SUNGKYU HYUNG! SARANGHAE!" He yelled out loudly, causing the whole hall to be silent and look at him. "I'm sorry, please continue." He bowed and sat down, back to his usual self. I watched as Sungkyu walked up the stage gracefully, and took over the microphone after bowing respectfully at the teacher. "Thank you, my brother L, for your enthusiasm. Good morning guests, principal, teachers and fellow students........." I was so focused on looking at him giving his speech that I zoned out everything that he said. "Ya, you're staring too much." Hani nudged me, which snap me out of my daze. "Lastly, I would like Oh Hakyung-ssi to meet me at the fountain after the ceremony ends. Thank you." Sungkyu bowed and left the stage, earning a loud applause from the floor. "Still disappointed?" Hani teased and I just blushed. Why would he want to meet me at the fountain after this?

After the ceremony ended, the whole hall started being very messy with people taking photos all over the place. "HOYA!" Dongwoo came running towards us. "Quick quick, this is for you!" He lean his chest towards Hoya. Hoya laughed and quickly took the second button off. "YAY!" Dongwoo cheered and hugged Hoya tightly. "Dongwoo oppa, congratulations!" Hani said. "But where's Sungkyu oppa?" She asked and I noticed that he wasn't with him. "He said that he was going to the fountain." Dongwoo replied. "Ya, what are you waiting for?" Hyemi pushed me towards the exit. "A-araso.." I muttered before running towards the fountain. He was there, looking at the fountain, back facing me. I walked slowly towards him, my heart was beater faster and faster with each step. I cleared my throat when I stopped and he quickly turned around. "Hakyung ah." He smiled and came closer. "Um.. Congratulations, Sungkyu oppa." I said, trying hard not to blush when he looks into my eyes. "Thanks,. Umm, this is for you." He handed me a box. "But this is your graduation, why are you giving me this?" I asked as I took the box from him. "Just open it first." He urged and I look at him with a questioning look before opening the box. A button was positioned right in the middle of a cushion in the box. "This.." I whispered and looked up at him. "This is my second button, I wanted you to have it." He blushed and scratched the back of his neck. Tears started to fill my eyes but I quickly wiped them away before taking out the box and letter from my bag. "This is for you.." I said shyly. "Thanks, what's this?" He was about to opened when I quickly stopped him. "Open this when you're home." I quickly added. He chuckled and nodded before putting it into his bag. 

 

---Hyemi's POV---

"Omo, they're so cute. My baby sister is finally growing up." Hani cried dramatically as she was busy snapping photos of Sungkyu and Hakyung hugging. "She's your twin. She's of the same age as you, silly." Woohyun chuckled, earning a smack from Hani. "You don't even understand." She pouted but Woohyun quickly wrapped his arms around her shoulder. "Are you going to be as romantic as your brother next year?" I asked but there wasn't any reply. I turned around and realised that Myungsoo was nowhere to be seen. Then I looked down and saw him kneeling on the floor to take photo of a snail. "Myungsoo oppa! I was talking to you!" I whined. "Oh? What did you say?" He asked while still snapping away on his camera. "I hate you!" I groaned and stomped away, "Ya ya ya, where are you going?!" He shouted and ran after me. "What did you say just now?" He blocked the pathway. "Will you be as romantic as your brother during your graduation?" I asked. "Of course not." He scoffed and I was about to hit him when he added "I'll be more romantic than him, promise!" He grinned and hugged me tightly.