10

School 2014

---Hani's POV---

"Kyung! Umma made udon noodles, I'll go get you some." I said when I saw her entering the cafe. I quickly got into the kitchen and heat up the bowl of udon noodles. "Is that for me?" Woohyun asked from behind me suddenly. "Oppa! You scared me!" I lightly smacked his chest playfully. "This is for Hakyung, none for you." I stuck out my tongue and turned back to get the bowl of out the microwave. "Ouch." I quickly put the bowl down on the table. "Aish, use a cloth next time." Woohyun took my hands and kissed on the red fingertips. "Oppa!" I blushed and pulled my hand back. "I'll get back to work then." He smiled and left the kitchen, leaving me smiling to myself like an idiot. "Is Kyungie here?" Umma asked, which snap me out of my thoughts. "Yes, I'm going to bring the noodles to her now." I hurriedly carried the bowl outside to her. "Kyung ah, your noodles." I said when I placed the bowl in front of her. She wasn't answering and I noticed that she was focused on looking at something, so I followed where she was looking and saw her staring at Woohyun. 

"Kyung.." I shook her shoulder a little as I sat down beside her. "Hmm?" She returned her attention to me. "Your noodles." I said as I pushed the bowl nearer to her. "Thanks." She muttered and picked up her chopsticks before making small glances at Woohyun. "You like Woohyun too?" I blurted out and she tensed up. "Hani ah, help me get these to table 10." Umma shouted from the counter. "Okay." I quickly got up and helped her. When I was done busying, Hakyung was already gone, leaving the cold bowl of noodles untouched. While I was clearing the table Woohyun walked up to me. "She told me to let you know that she'll be going out for a while before going home." He smiled and went ahead to continue doing his stuff. What if Hakyung really likes him? I sighed as I wiped the table clean. 

"Oppa." I said as he was walking me back home. "Hmm?" He tightened his grip on my hand. How do you find Hakyung?" I asked. "She's nice." He smiled and turned back to face the front. "Other than that?" I questioned. "Ya, what's wrong?" He stopped and turned to look at me. "Aniyo, I was just wondering what you think of her, that's all." I smiled. He frowned and tilt his head, not believing what I've just said. "I think.." I took a deep breath. "I think Hakyung likes you." I sighed. "Of course she'll like me! I'm her sister's boyfriend!" He chuckled and squished my cheek. "Oppa.." I removed his hands from my cheek. "Not that kind of like. As in like like." I said seriously and the smile on his face fell. "You're probably thinking too much, silly." He placed his hands on my shoulder. 'No oppa, that's what my telepathy with her tells me.' I thought. "Probably." I smiled and he pulled me into his arms, giving me a tight hug. "I'll always love you, only you." He whispered into my ears. "Me too, oppa." I smiled into his chest.

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"Thank you very much!!" I bowed repeatedly at the owner of the stationery shop. "Can you start work tomorrow then?" He asked and I nodded quickly. "See you tomorrow!" I bowed and left the shop. I took out my phone and look at the calendar. 'There's 3 more weeks and by then I should be able to earn enough money to buy the massager for appa.' I grinned to myself. "You like Woohyun too?" Hani's words came into my mind. "You like Woohyun too?" Her words sounded weary, sounded like fear. It sounded like the time when I liked the toy she recieved during christmas years ago more than my own. "You like teddy too?" She asked that time and she ended up exchanging her gift with me although she likes the teddy too. Will she give up Woohyun for me this time too? She ought to, she owes it to me, no? I sighed and kicked a stone off the pathway as I walked home.

I stopped when I saw the view in front of me. Woohyun hugging her tightly. It hurts me deep down inside. I honestly don't know what hurts me more, the fact that Woohyun loves her or the fact that I feel bad for wanting her to give him up for me. Because she obviously does love him. I cleared my throat and they quickly untangled themselves away from each other. "Kyung.." Hani smiled awkwardly as though I caught her flirting with my boyfriend. "I'm going in first." I muttered and went past them. "Thanks for sending me home, see you tomorrow." I heard her say quickly and ran up to me. "How's your day in school?" She asked as we removed our shoes. "Okay." I replied and walked into the house with her following me like a lost puppy. "Why don't you hang out with Hyemi and I in school?" She asked. "What's wrong with hanging out with my friends now? Are you upset because I'm hanging out with your ex-bestfriend?" I spat and left her standing in the living room. 

 

(The next day in school)

---Hyemi's POV---

I sighed as I walked along the corridor towards my locker. "Hyemi, can we talk?" A familiar voice said and I froze hile taking out my math textbook. I turned around to see Myungsoo staring back at me. His eyes were filled with sadness and I felt a tinge of guilt. "I'm sorry, I have to go to class right now." I bowed slightly and was about to walk away when he held my wrist. "If you can't accept me as a boyfriend, then could you just treat me like a friend? Can we go back to how it was before?" He asked. "I'm sorry." I slipped my wrist off his grip and walked away, without turning back to look at him. I can't look at him now, if I do, I would cave in. I still don't know if he's playing with my feelings. What could he see in me when he's someone so perfect? My heart hurt but I kept my tears in as I walked away from him. I like him, too. But I don't think I'm compatible with him. I sighed.

I walked over to my seat next to Hani, who's leaning her head on the desk. That's unusual of her. She would normally be up and hyped in the morning, greeting me. "Hani.." I slightly shook her and she sat up straight, rubbing her eyes before she smiled at me. "Hey." She smiled. I haven't known her for long, but I definitely know that it's a fake smile. "What's wrong?" I asked as I sat down in my seat. "Look, banana milk today." She changed the topic, pointing to the banana milk on my desk. Under it was a post-it note. "Read it." Hani urged me so I picked it up and skimmed through. 'Enjoy your day, Hyemi.' The note wrote. It's been days since this 'secret admirer' have been leaving snacks or drinks on my desk before school starts. I folded the note and placed it into my pencil case and placed the banana milk aside and turned to face Hani. "So.. What's wrong?" I repeated my question. "It's nothing much.. Just.. The relationship between my sister and I have became strained.." She sighed. I was going to ask her for the details when the teacher came in. "Later." She said and turned to the front. I nodded before turning my attention to the teacher too. 

It was during lunch when Hani made me sit with Infinite. It was awkward, because Myungsoo was there. He didn't look at me, but I could feel that he's very upset, since he was picking on his food, playing around. Earning a few glares from Sungkyu , who's apparently his older brother. "DAMN IT!" We heard a loud crash and everyone turned to where the commotion was. Girls started screaming and scattered everywhere but around the scene. "Ya ya ya!" Sungkyu shouted and all the girls calmed down. A guy came flying towards our table and landed near where my feet was after being punched by Lee Joon. "Gwenchana?" Hani pulled me back towards her. I gave her a brief nod before looking back towards the scene and froze when I saw Lee Joon threw a chair and it was already flying towards my direction. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain but it never came. Instead, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around me. I felt safe, I felt as though I wouldn't shatter even if the whole world came crashing down. "MYUNG!" I heard Sungkyu yelled and I slowly opened my eyes. I was tucked safely in the arms of Myungsoo. 

"M-myungsoo.." I whispered and pushed him away slightly but not entirely away from his arms. "Gwenchana?" He asked softly, caressing the sides on my face. "I'm okay.." I replied, tears filling my eyes. "Good." He smiled and he passed out, leaning his whole body weight on me. "L!" The infinite members crowded around us and lifted him up. "Everyone, continue with your lunch. Lee Joon, you're coming with me." Woohyun announced and everyone scrambled back to their seats quietly. "Hyung, help me bring this guy to the infirmatory." He turned to Sungkyu. "Hani, help Hyemi to the infirmatory too. I'll be there with you later." He smiled softly at her and she nodded before helping me there. We watched at the nurses helped the 2 clean their wounds and when they were finally done, all of us sighed in relieve when the nurses told us that Myungsoo's condition wasn't that serious. "Go back to your classes kids." The senior nurse said. "Can I stay with him?" I asked meekly. She looked at me for a moment before nodding and shooing the rest out of the room. "You can help me sponge him. He's running a fever." She said and handed me a basin with a few flannels. 

"Hye.. Hyemi.." He mumbled in his sleep as I dipped the flannels into the water. "Hmm?" I turned to look at him but he's frowning in his sleep. "It's okay.. I'm okay.." Gently, I placed my index finger between his brows and smoothens the wrinkles formed. He seemed to calm down and continue to sleep soundly. Slowly, I too, fell asleep but was woken up when I felt someone tucking my hair behind my ear. "You're awake." I rubbed my eyes. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." He mumbled and tried to sit up but groaned and rubbed his temples. "This is for being stupid to block that chair." I muttered and helped him up. "That's not being stupid." He pouted, which I found terribly cute. "That's being romantic." He grinned. "MY FOOT. Mr Kim, do you think you're those undefeatable guys in animes?!" The senior nurse chided and I giggled. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I touched his forehead to check if he's still having fever. "So much better with you here." He held my hand and placed it on his chest. "I need to go back to class now." I muttered and slipped my hand away from him. I quickly got out of the room with him shouting my name from behind. 

"Hyemi.. Stop avoiding me, please." He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "Sunbae, we're in school. Please let go." I tried removing his arms away but he held on even tighter. "I'm not going to let go until you promised to listen to what I'm going to say." He said and I nodded before he let go and turned me around to face him. "Hyemi ah.. Look at me." He placed his hands on my shoulders. "I like you, like really like like you. You're the first girl I wanted to protect so much. I wanted to show you the world. You mean everything to me. But when you ignored and avoided me, I felt like I was going to die. Well, not literally, but I felt so dull, so pain. I'm willing to take the pain for you because I really love you." He said and my heart skipped a beat. "Actually.." I replied. "Enough of your drama outside, continue that after school! You're distracting my students!!" A teacher yelled from inside the class. "I'll get you back to your class." He smiled and turned me to the door. Before going into my class, I smiled and mouthed a "Actually, I like you too." When I got back to my seat, he was still standing outside the door smiling to himself like an idiot.  

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"Stop looking, she won't turn any uglier if you keep staring at her." Hara said and I turned to look at her. "Don't be stupid Hara, she's looking at Woohyun, not her." Jiyoung scoffed. He was feeding her a spoonful of rice and I clenched my fist in jealously. "DAMN IT!" We heard a loud crash and everyone turned to where the commotion was. "Ya ya ya!" Sungkyu shouted and all the everyone calmed down. The infamous Lee Joon guy punched Seojin who went crashing near infinite's table. He then threw a chair towards Seojin again, but it looks like it was going to hit Hyemi and I felt my heart stopped for a moment. In a flash, I saw Woohyun grabbing Hani towards him and L blocking the chair for Hyemi. L then passed out on Hyemi. "Everyone, continue with your lunch. Lee Joon, you're coming with me." Woohyun announced and everyone scrambled back to their seats quietly. I stared at him, he looks so charismatic and everyone's listening well to him. "Hani, help Hyemi to the infirmatory too. I'll be there with you later." He smiled softly at her and she nodded. Why.. Why can't I be her instead?

After school has ended, I headed to the stationery shop. "Annyeonhaseyo." I bowed as I entered the shop. "Here, this is my daughter. Yoojin." A small little girl jumped out from behind the counter. "Annyeonghaseyo, Yoojin imnida." She bowed cutely. "Go with unni, I'll pick you up later." The shop owner pushed her daughter slightly and I held her hand. "Kaja." I said and walked her to my house. "Be good and stay in the room, araso?" I said after I made food for her and sat her in front of my laptop, letting her watch Pororo. "Araso, Hakyung unni." She beamed. So I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. She was already sleeping soundly with a spoon in by the time I came out. "Silly." i chuckled to myself and took out the spoon from and placed it in the bowl before carrying her to my bed.