09

School 2014

---Hakyung's POV---

"Careful!" Woohyun pulled me towards him as the guys played with their skateboard along the corridor. "Ya! No skateboarding along the corridor!" He yelled and the boys stop immediately. "Gwenchana?" He turned back to me. 'How can he look so perfect..' I thought. "Ah. Mianhae." He quickly removed his grip on my wrist and took a step away. "Thanks.." I muttered and he cleared his throat. "Umm.. I'll show you where the library is." He said as he led me to the right of the corridor. "Woohyun-ssi." I suddenly said, which made him stop to look at me. "Yes?" He smiled and I almost had my heart leaped out of my throat. "Do you have anyone you like right now?" I asked. 'Please say no.. Please say no..' I prayed hard in my mind. "Yes." He said and I felt my heart sank. "Yes, I do have someone I like." I grinned. "Well, here it is. You can borrow the books with your student card at the counter there." Woohyun pointed to the counter near the exit. "Well, looks like I've shown you all the important places. If you have any problems, feel free to look for me. I'm in class 2-4." He smiled again, and I nodded.

"I'll get going then." He said and looked at his watch. "There's still 30 minutes before the end of break, I better find her quickly." He muttered to himself and waved abit before running off, leaving me clenching my fist in jealousy. "Hakyung?" Someone from the back said and I quickly turned to see Jiyoung with her group of friends. "Hey." I smiled and she told her friends to go on without her before turning her attention back to me. "You're back." She said. "Yes, I am. And I noticed that you aren't with Hani." I replied and she scoffed. "Why?" I asked. "The same reason as you." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "What do you mean?" I asked and pushed her hand away from my shoulder. "She took away what's mine. Isn't that the reason why you've always been secretly hating on her?" She chuckled evilly. "How do you-" "I accidentally read your diary a few years back." She interrupted me. "How could you." I narrowed my eyes at her. "Well, you left the page open at the balcony." She scoffed. "Do you want to join us?" She pointed to her group of friends who are giggling to themselves. "Why would I want to?" I asked. "Because other than your beloved twin and her nerdy friend, you won't have anyone else." She said. 'True..' I thought to myself. "Okay." I muttered. "Welcome to the group." She smirked and led me to her friends, introducing us. 

 

---Myungsoo's POV---

I was sitting anxiously at the edge of the chair, praying that time would pass faster. I need to find Hyemi. After she left me at that the other day, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I needed a reply. I needed to know why she ran away. I need to to know how she felt about me. But thinking through again, I wouldn't want to know if she doesn't like me like how I liked her. I wouldn't want her to reject me in the face. I still needed hope. The bell rang and I sprinted out of the class, running towards the library and waited for about 5 minutes at the place where we met the other time, but she's not there. I ran off to other places that i thought she might be hiding at, but there was no sign of her at all. "Rooftop.." I panted and ran up the stairs. I stopped and panted when I reached the top and walked around the rooftop to find no one. But a container was placed on the ground the first time she found me. I walked over to it and picked it up. "I'm sorry, Myungsoo sunbaenim. This will be the last time I'm preparing food for you. Let's just go back to before we met. I'm sorry. - Hyemi." I read the note that she pasted on the cover of the container. 

"Aish!" I ruffled my hair and ran down the stairs with the container of food in my hands. What does she mean? Did I scare her off? Am I too fast? I ran around the school frantically, looking through every single classroom and every corner just for her. "Ya!" Sungkyu chided when I bump into him along the hallways. "Sorry hyung." I muttered and was going to run away when he grabbed my wrist. "What do you want hyung? I'm in a hurry!" I grumbled, trying to slip away from his grip. "Why are you so anxious?" He asked. "I'll explain later hyung." I said as I slipped out from his grip and ran away. "Nam Hyemi, what are you doing to me?" I ruffled my hair messily and tighten my grip on the container in my hands. After searching around the whole school, I gave up, leaning my back against my locker. "L! Where have you been?!" Sungyeol screeched, causing me to look up at the group approaching me. "I heard he ran around the whole school looking for something. Seems like it's true then, look at his shirt soaked with his perspirations." Sungjong shook his head in dismay. I ignored him but what caught my eyes was her, she was standing right behind them. 

"Where have you been?" I was gripping tightly on her shoulder. "L, let go off her, she's hurting." Woohyun brushed my hands off Hyemi's shoulders. "M-myungsoo?" Hyemi muttered and looked down at the ground immediately. "What do you mean where she have been? She was with us in the canteen all the time, Myung." Sungkyu said. "So she's the one you're looking for?" Dongwoo started chuckling but was stopped by Hoya, who wrapped his hand across Dongwoo's mouth. "WAIT! Did you guys realised that she's calling her Myungsoo?!" Sungyeol yelled and everyone stopped their mumblings and looked at us. "Yea! Nobody call him Myungsoo except Sungkyu hyung!" Sungjong's eyes widened. "Umm.. It's.." Hyemi stuttered. "I introduced myself to her as Myungsoo. Wae?!" I glared at everyone who kept quiet. "I.. I got to go." Hyemi quickly ran away. "Oppa, see you later." Hani quickly said and ran after her. "So.. Hyemi's your type huh?" Hoya nudged me. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"Ky- Hakyung-ssi." I smiled and approached Hakyung after classes ended but she treated me as though I'm invisible and walked away. "Seemed like she doesn't want to be your friend, Jung Hani-ssi." Jiyoung smirked with her gang following after Hakyung. "She joined that group? They're not very nice people.." Hyemi whispered as we turned to look at the group pushing their way through the narrow corridor, swearing at people that are blocking their way. Hakyung suddenly stopped when she saw Woohyun but he didn't seem to notice her but walked past her to me. "Hey beautiful." He beamed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "We're in school." I blushed and pushed his arm away but he pulled me closer, wrapping both arms around my waist. "Ya, oppa!" I buried my face in his chest in embarrassment. "Oppa, you're being embarrassing you know?" Hyemi rolled her eyes. "Oppa?" I turned to look at her. Why is she calling her oppa? So they knew it each other huh?

"I'm his cousin. If you noticed, we have the same surname." Hyemi answered my queries. "Nam Woohyun.. Nam Hyemi.. Ah... I'm such a pabo for only noticing it now.." I hit my head slightly till Woohyun stopped my by grabbing my wrist. "I don't want my girlfriend hurt." He whispered and kissed the back of my hand. "Stop it!" The both of us hissed and he chuckled. "Sorry, I made him not tell anyone. I don't want to let others know about our relationship.." Hyemi said meekly. "It's okay, at least I know now." I smiled. "Shall we go home now, beautiful?" Woohyun asked and the both of us groaned before pinching each side of his cheek. "Araso araso!" He surrendered and we let him go. "Kaja!" I cling my arm with Hyemi and pulled her away. "Ya! What about me?!" He pouted and came running after me and interlaced our fingers. 

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"Ky- Hakyung-ssi." Hani smiled but I just walked past her as though she was just a stranger. I stopped when I saw Woohyun walking my way. I tidied up my hair and was about to say hi when he walked past me. I turned back and saw him walking towards Hani. His eyes are only filled with her, everyone's the same. Everyone loves her. I clenched my fist in anger when I saw him wrapping an arm over her shoulders. "Are you coming with us?" Hara, one of the girls in my group asked. "You girls go ahead, I'm going to the sports hall." I said and turned to walk towards the sports hall. I opened the locker and threw in my bag in anger. "Why does she have everything that I couldn't have?!" I slammed the locker door close and picked up the basketball from the basket and walked into the hall. I was quite lucky that there is no one in the sports hall at this time so that I can enjoy some alone time. I threw the ball into the hoop a couple of times and dribbled the ball, thinking about Hani and Woohyun and about everything else. 

I slumped onto the floor, with my forehead full of perspire and panted heavily as I closed my eyes. "Aren't you tired?" I jumped when I heard a voice right beside me. "Sungkyu-ssi." I clutched my chest. "Mianhae." He chuckled. "You've been here for 2 hours." He said. "And how did you know?" I asked. "Well, I've been watching you." He replied. "Watching me? Are you a stalker or something?" I asked and he chuckled. "Well.. Not exactly. I wanted to play basketball, but you seemed like you need some time alone, so I let you be. You were great, I guess instead of being a stalker, you can call me a fan?" We laughed. "You like playing basketball?" He asked. "I actually like playing all kinds of sports. Because that's the only thing I can win her in." I muttered the last part softly but he still managed to catch it. "Win who?" He questioned. "My sister." I replied as I played with my fingers. "Why do you want to win her? Isn't she your sister?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "She got all the love since young, all the attention went to her, because she was slightly prettier. Sometimes I just wonder if she's not here, will everything be different? Will I get all the love?" I sighed. "You must have thought that I'm mean and bad right?" I chuckled when he kept silent. "No you're not, you just needed love. And attention." He said when I stood up to leave. "Thanks, I guess only you knew." I smiled and passed the ball to him before leaving. "How I wish you're Woohyun instead." I sighed and walked into the locker room.