04

School 2014

---Woohyun's POV---

"Hyung, I saw you!" Hoya winked and flung his arm around Sungkyu's shoulder and I raised to look at them with curiosity. "I saw you too HYUNG!" Sungyeol yelled. "I SAW YOU THREE HYUNG!" Sungjong jumped on his back. "Ya ya ya, enough." He shook them away. "You were running with her." Myungsoo smirked. "Who's she?" He asked Sungyeol, who gladly explained to him. "Ohhhhhhh." Myungsoo smirked. "What's wrong?" Sungkyu hyung approached me. "Do you like her?" I asked and he stunned. "Yes." He paused. "Yes, I do like her." He said. "Me too, hyung. I like her too." I said before slipping on my uniform and went out of the room. And Sungkyu hyung followed shortly after and placed his hand on my shoulder and I stopped to look at him. "No matter what, we're still friends." He held out his fist. "Friends." I grinned and fist pumped him before the rest started crowding around us. 

"Let's go to my place today! We can play the new game my mom bought for Sungjong today!" Sungyeol asked excitedly. "You just wanted to play it." Sungjong rolled his eyes, earning laughter. "Sorry guys, I'm not joining you guys today." I said as we walked past the school gate. "Wae?!" Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong groaned at the same time. "I got a job at the cafe near here. Today's my first day." I said. "Good luck on your first day then!" They took turns to wish me good luck before running off towards Sungyeol and Sungjong's. 'Hyung likes her too..' I thought as I walked towards the cafe and glanced at my watch. "!" I groaned and quickly ran over to the cafe. "I'm sorry for being late!" I bowed when I saw the ahjumma at the counter. "It's okay, Woohyun ah. Go to the back and put your bag there and change into the uniform." She smiled and I thanked her before going to the back to change and put on an apron. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"You mean he's that nerdy guy that bump into you the other day?!" Jiyoung gasped. "Yup, that's what I said." I replied. We were walking out of the school and I was telling her about what happened during PE. "Oh.. My.. God.." She covered her face with her hands. "I should have treated him nicely." She groaned into her hands and I chuckled. Just then about 5 guys stood in a line in front of us and I noticed that one of the guys was the bully from this morning, Lee Joon. "Let's go." Jiyoung grabbed my wrist and pulled me along but we didn't managed to walk past them since they blocked us from the front again. "What do you want?" Jiyoung spat. "Fiesty for a pretty girl, don't you think?" One of the guy, Mir, tilted Jiyoung's chin with his finger. "Don't touch me!" She slapped the hand away and I pulled her behind me. "What do you want?" I frowned at them. "You're quite an interesting girl and I wanna be friends." Lee Joon said, which made me scoff. "Friends?" I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, I don't make friends who bully." I said before pushing them out of the way and tried to walk past them again when he gripped my wrist tightly. 

"Let me go!" I yelled and struggled to wriggle out of his grasp. "Not until you're my friend." Lee Joon smirked and pulled me closer to him, placing one of his hands on my waist. "Ya!" Let me go!" I struggled but he was too strong for me. "That's enough, sunbae." Someone grabbed Lee Joon's wrist. "Why should I?" He shrugged the guy away but the guy tightened the grip on his wrist that he released me. "Come on, let's go." The guy placed his arm over my shoulder and let me out of the way towards Jiyoung who was watching us from a distance. He suddenly turned and blocked a fist from Lee Joon, who seemed surprise. The guy leaned towards him and whispered some stuff before pushing his fist away. "Let's go." I nodded as we walked away from the scene. 

"Thank you.. For just now." I said. "I'm not helping you, I just don't like his face." He said before walking away. "What did that grumpy guy say to Lee Joon?" Jiyoung asked and I jumped since I didn't realised that she was beside me. "Grumpy guy?" I raised my brow. "That guy who save you just now." She said. "Oh.. I couldn't hear what he said though, he whispered." I said. "Your first day sure is interesting huh?" She laughed. "I guess.." I replied. "Oh! I just remembered that I have to go help out at the cafe today. Mianhae! See you tomorrow, Jiyoung ah." I quickly ran off towards the direction of the cafe. I'm lucky that the cafe was located near the school and the bell on the door rang when I entered. "Mianhae umma, I almost forgot about coming." I said and quickly got to the back when I accidentally bumped into someone. "Gwenchana?" I felt a pair of strong arms holding onto my elbows to support me and I looked up. "Hani?" He looked confused and so am I. "You know my daughter?" Umma asked and I quickly stood up and adjusted my clothes properly and awkwardly.

"Yup, we are from the same school." He grinned. "And I saved you twice today, how are you going to repay me?" He whispered and handed me an apron. "The 2 of you should hurry up and get out of there!" Umma shouted from the counter. "Laters~" He grinned and went out, leaving me dumbfounded. I slipped on and walked to the counter. "Why did you tell me to help out today anyways?" I asked as I tidied my hair. "Mrs Lee wanted to spend more time with her children so she quit. We're lucky to have Woohyun to help us though, but he's new here, so we need you too." Umma shrugged as she prepared the latte and placed it on a tray full of drinks and cakes. "Now, bring this over to table 5." She says and handed me the tray, which I carefully took. 

"Hani ah, you're here." Shinwoo smiled. He's another helper in my mom's restaurant ever since he was in high school. So he basically watch me grow up just like an older brother. "Let me take these, go take order from table 9." He took over my tray. "Table 5, thank you oppa." I smiled and quickly took out the notebook while heading over to table 9. "Hello, may I take your order?" I asked and gasped slightly when I realised who they are. "Annyeong!" Sungjong waved his hand in my face which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Oh.. Yea.. Hi.." I stuttered. "You're working here?" Sungkyu asked. "This is my mom's cafe and I just came to help out since there's short of manpower." I smiled. "Oh.." A guy that I've never seen in the group tapped his finger on his chin. "I guess you haven't seen my younger brother yet, he's Kim Myungsoo." Sungkyu said and nudged him. "Hi, call me L." He smiled, showing his deep dimples on his cheek. "Ya, why are you guys doing here?" Woohyun suddenly appeared beside me. "You said you came here to work, so we came to visit our best friend!" Sungyeol said loudly. "I'll take their orders." Woohyun told me and I nodded before heading back to the counter. "Are they your friends?" Umma asked. "Yup, one of them is from my class while the rest are sunbaes." I replied as I helped her with the other orders. 

"Let me help you." Woohyun took away the rag in my hand and pushed me away slightly. "I can handle this." I pouted and tried to snatch the rag back but he held the rag high up and I couldn't reach. "Cute!" He pinched my cheek. "Oppa!" I whined and rubbed my sore cheek. After we were done packing up the cafe we removed the aprons and placed them back onto the hooks. "Thank you for your help today, Woohyun ah." Umma smiled. "No problem ahjumma!" He grinned and grabbed his bagpack. "Can you help me fetch Hani home? Its already so late and Shinwoo went home earlier, I still have some stuff to finish." Umma said. "It's okay, I can go home a-" "No problem! See you tomorrow!" He bowed and pulled me away. "I can really go home on my own.." I said as he pulled me along by my wrist. "Do you want me to carry you back or do you want me to walk you back?" He raised his brow. "Walk!" I quickly said and he chuckled. "Thank you for sending me home, see you tomorrow." I bowed and was about to go into the house when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "See you tomorrow." He said before pulling away. I bowed again and went into the house and leaned on the door after I closed it. "What's wrong with you!" I placed my hand on my chest and my heart was beating so rapidly. 

 

---Hyemi's POV---

"I'm home." I heard Woohyun yelled so I sat up straight and looked pass the couch and saw him taking off his shoes. "Why are you so late?" I asked as he slumped down beside me. "I took a part time job at the cafe." He said and closed his eyes. "Is it very tiring?" I asked and he nodded. "Oh!" He suddenly sat up straight, which startles me. "You are in the same class as Sungjong and Hani?" He asked excitedly. "Yup?" I replied with my eyes opened widely. "How's Hani?" He asked. "She's a very nice person, the first person who's nice to me without wanting anything in return, I guess." I said. "Why?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "YA!" I shook his off his daydream. "I'm in love with her~" He said dreamily and ran pass Boohyun to his room. "What's wrong with him?" Boohyun asked as he sat down beside me and took a popcorn. "He's in love with my classmate." I said and continued watching my show. 

(Next day at school)

"I'm sure nobody will come to this side of the library." I told myself as I sat down on the floor of one of the deepest corner of the library. "I'm nobody then." Someone suddenly said and I jumped. "Hello there, again." He smiled. "Sorry to disturb you, I'll find another spot then." I said. Since he occupied the rooftop the other time, I assumed that he would be there and I just wanted a place to be alone. "It's okay, you can stay here with me. " He said and dragged me to sit down next to him. "Do you have food with you?" He asked with his eyes full of hope. "Why don't you go to the cafeteria if you don't have food?" I asked as I opened my container. "I have no money." He pouted. "But this is still mine." I said and started eating. I still see him pouting from the side of my eyes so I gave in and placed the container on his lap. He looked at me questioningly. "Eat, before I take it back." I said and he started digging in immediately. "Do you make this on your own?" He asked. "Yea, I did." I replied and removed a grain of rice on his cheek. "Thanks." He muttered and looked down on the food, slightly blushing. "What's your name?" I asked since I still haven't got his name. "L- Myungsoo, my name is Myungsoo." He grinned. "Myungsoo sunbaenim." I said and packed up the containers. "It's really good, thanks for the food. See you later." He grinned and walked away with his hands in his pockets. "Later?" His words repeated in my mind but I shrugged it off and headed back to class. 

 

---Jiyoung's POV---

"Op-" I was about to go into Sungkyu's class to look for him when I overheard him talking seriously with Dongwoo. He glanced towards where I was but I was quick to hide behind the pillar. "Hyung, if you like her, then go for it." Dongwoo said. "But Woohyun likes her too." Sungkyu replied. 'Who does he like? Me?' I thought. "If you don't let Hani know how you feel, how would she know your feelings?" Dongwoo said which made me clench my fist in anger and walked away. 'How could she. I'm so much prettier, taller and slimmer. I'm also better in studies. In what way is she better than me to catch the eyes of the most popular guy in school.' I thought angrily as I walked back to class. "What's wrong?" Hani asked when I sat down at my seat angrily. "You don't feel well anywhere?" She asked as she placed her palm on my forehead. "Go away." I pushed her hand a little bit too hard and caused her to stumble. She didn't say anything and just went back to her seat quietly. 

I didn't talk to her throughout all the lessons and when it's time for PE, she went to my desk and asked if I wanna go together but I ignored her and placed my head on the table and pretended to sleep. "Let's go." I heard her say and I lifted my head abit and saw her walking off with Hyemi. I glanced over to her table and realised that she didn't bring her inhaler along. Hani have had asthma since she was a kid and have to bring her inhaler whenever she did sports. I stood up and grabbed the inhaler wanting to bring it to her. But Dongwoo words flooded my mind again. I stopped in my steps and smirked before putting the inhaler into my pocket and walked slowly to the sports hall. "Miss Park Jiyoung, nice to see you in my lesson." The teacher said sacarstically as I sat down beside Hani. "You feeling better?" She asked with a worried expression. "Yup." I smiled fakely at her and she nodded happily before turning to face the teacher. 

"Today you guys will be having a relay competition with the other classes. Do some stretching and discuss which postitions you want to take before heading over to the field. See you all there later." The teacher said before leaving. 'Good, there's running.' I smirked and let her pull me over to the field. "Oppa!" I pulled away from her grip and jogged over to Sungkyu. "Hello." He smiled and looked over to Hani. "Hello Hani." He smiled even brighter. 'Don't blame me for this.' I rolled my eyes and walked away. "I don't feel so well, teacher." I told the teacher and he allowed me to go sit at the corner to watch. After everyone got into their positions, the replay competition started. Those that were waiting for their turn cheered while those running were running like they're running for their lifes. "What are they going to get for running so quickly." I scoffed and got excited when it was Hani's turn. She began running and when she noticed that the person next to her was catching up, she ran with all her might and a few steps before she reached Hyemi, she fell and everyone expected her to stand up and continued running, but she knelt on the ground panting. I ran over and saw her searching her pockets for her inhaler and I smirked. "What's wrong?" Sungkyu knelt down beside her. "I... In..haler.. I need.. In..ha.. ler." She panted and she clutched on her shirt. "What happened?!" Woohyun looked at her worriedly. "She has asthma! She needs her inhaler!" I said and knelt down beside her. "Hani ah, where's your inhaler?" I pretended to look very worried. "I.. placed it.. In my.. po..cket." She said breathlessly. "Aish!" Sungkyu lifted her in his arms and ran towards the infirmatory with Woohyun running after them.